70 46.36%
Votes: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:15 PM #181
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Peter wrote: View Post

Although I'm LOLing at the assumption that there will be multiple episodes building his character. Like the relatioships between the first three and their respective Rangers was a big deal?
Steel is a little higher on the totem pole. Plus, his relationship with Nate has more weight and context than the others do with theirs.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2019, 06:31 AM #182
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

ok so like here's my take.

i didn't get to watch this episode until yesterday. has been a pretty busy week. but i actually like how this season is progressing. is it doing a hell of a great job? No. but it has already shown vast improvements in power ranger seasons since samurai. for me, personally, it's shown vast improvements. the only season of power rangers i've seen full since saban bought it back was samurai. sadly, it was samurai. and i really hated that season, but i was hoping it'd get better and boy did it not.
i saw the first 6 episodes of megaforce and was disgusted, same for super megaforce. but dino charge changed all that, but i still never finished dino super charge, let alone ninja steel. that season was a joke and i personally feel hurt the brand.

beast morphers has changed that for me and has shown improvement over the last decade basically. does it need to do better? maybe. but i see it getting better with each episode. while i see certain aspects of the show that could use either a change or a down right pull, i dont see how people are not enjoying this season. i'm not saying to love it, but at least enjoy it. i also dont understand how anyone can be bashing a season they themselves have admitted to not watch since RPM. i mean, you can't criticize anyones opinion on the current show if your not even watching it, let alone watching it with negative nancy shades on. like how does that even work? your hating on the show your supposedly watching and giving an opinion on it as if you should be just cuz your watching it. like, dont watch it and dont criticize others who are enjoying it if you hate it that much.

now, this season has done something i think vastly different than previous seasons, introducing a sixth ranger that wasn't really introduced all that well. i'm not saying other seasons haven't done it the same, but i just feel this introduction didn't have the pizazz other seasons had. in season 1, the green ranger was evil, enough said, in season 2, it was a nice progression to the white ranger, in zeo it was a mystery who and where the gold ranger came from, etc etc. this seasons gold and silver had no build up, they just literally appeared in the episode out of necessity. sure you can argue nate was working on something, but it was never blatantly obvious what it was or what his intentions were other than to build a buddy robot for himself. so for him to just turn into the gold ranger was rather strange. only in the sense that it didn't have this profound impact i feel.

but i totes welcome him into the ranger family. i even feel it sorta feels like a throwback to zeo and how billy was going to be the gold ranger. it's a nice touch and he's pretty awesome with his buddy bro robot ranger. i do like how nate used his coy, sensitivity to fool roxy into thinking he was this timid guy and than boom lowers their guard and leaves him be to do what he needed to do to finish Steel and completing his morphers. awesome move.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote