Old July 2nd, 2019, 04:16 PM #3381
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Bad news for The Flash movie, the director/writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have departed the project. Talks are now ongoing with Christina Hodson (Bumblebee, Birds of Prey) to write the script...
They still don't even have a script?

Wasn't this movie due to be released, like, two years ago?

Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2019, 07:24 PM #3382
> ilikepiex7
Power Ranger

ilikepiex7
Power Ranger

You shouldn't do time travel in the first Flash film and if you want time travel in a superhero's first solo do Booster Gold which is one of Dc's many films that want made.
ilikepiex7 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:48 AM #3383
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Do the Time Travel i nthe First Flash movie could not help much !
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:40 AM #3384
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

Curious how is everyone feeling about DC's movie direction currently? I liked Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam. So I'm cautiously optimistic. However so far I'm not interested in Joker or Birds of Prey.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:50 AM #3385
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

Curious how is everyone feeling about DC's movie direction currently? I liked Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam. So I'm cautiously optimistic. However so far I'm not interested in Joker or Birds of Prey.
I haven't seen Aquaman or Shazam (going through superhero fatigue and really new movie fatigue since so little new interests me), but it looks good

Joker you could really take out the DC elements and it would change little from the looks of things and BOP looks more like the Snyder movies and looks like its going to focus mostly on Harley Quinn, so pass on those for me.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:22 PM #3386
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

About the DC Movies, i think depends of the Formula they used, because with Wonder Woman,Aquaman,Shazam,The Dark Knight trilogy,Men of Steel i think it works well.

Justice League i liked too, for Joker i wonder but i want to see the movie, if hey make a proper Joker even if they take the DC elements.

Snyder movies well even if the audience dont liked much i think he had is moments, and i suppose the DC really had to use the Marvel formula, and DC, and anxious to see JL 2, and for Flash i hope they really gives a good movie, for Wonder Woman 1985, i hope they keep the quality of the first, since and is the Jewel of the Crown of DC
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:48 PM #3387
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

"Wonder Woman" was great, and my only issue with "Aquaman" was that there was too much in it (it's like, they didn't quite have faith in the movie, so they crammed as much of Aquaman's mythos into the movie as they could, in case there wasn't a sequel), but still ultimately very enjoyable.

I was iffier than everyone else on "Shazam". I have zero plans to see "Birds of Prey", and they'd have to pay me to watch "Joker", it just looks ... ghastly.

I'm still pretty cynical about the whole thing. With the crap in their back-catalogue (and their ongoing failures. Have they admitted that "Flash" is dead, yet?), they're still only hitting 50/50, and that's being generous IMHO. DC's movies are always going to be the way not to do a cinematic Universe, not when Marvel is still going strong as they head into phase 4.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 04:11 PM #3388
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ I suppose is a long shot to wait, but i wonder if someday they are going to make another movie of Green Lantern. Aquaman is not going to had a sequel so sad, the movie was great but i think they really focus much in the Aquaman Mythos.

If the rumor or truth about James Gunn the Directo of Guardians of Galaxy comes to helps DC, i suppose the things can be change, i think the big problem in the DC case is they dont let much the Director had the Creative work, and the Producers control much the creative way in DC Movie, he can not forget the scene in WW "No Mans Land" which was almost taken fro movie because the WD was not understand why that scene in the movie.

Marvel had the formula which works, and never let the audience down, i suppose we can see that again with Spider-Men, and with the new Phase 4 and 5...
Old July 11th, 2019, 04:20 PM #3389
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

Peter wrote: View Post

Have they admitted that "Flash" is dead, yet?
They just now basically reset the clock on that one.

The original writers are out, but Ezra's still attached whenever they finally decide to do it.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 04:38 PM #3390
> Zorkel567
Power Ranger

Zorkel567
Power Ranger

Akumaru wrote: View Post

^ I suppose is a long shot to wait, but i wonder if someday they are going to make another movie of Green Lantern. Aquaman is not going to had a sequel so sad, the movie was great but i think they really focus much in the Aquaman Mythos.

If the rumor or truth about James Gunn the Directo of Guardians of Galaxy comes to helps DC, i suppose the things can be change, i think the big problem in the DC case is they dont let much the Director had the Creative work, and the Producers control much the creative way in DC Movie, he can not forget the scene in WW "No Mans Land" which was almost taken fro movie because the WD was not understand why that scene in the movie.
DC's already announced Aquaman 2 for December, 2022 and are developing a spin-off film, The Trench.

And the James Gunn thing isn't a rumor, he's been confirmed to be directing a new Suicide Squad movie which is currently casting, filming this fall, and currently set for release in August, 2021
Zorkel567 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:33 PM #3391
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

I'm one of those rare people who actually liked Suicide Squad (at least sometimes) and while Justice League is not my favourite film by any standard I thought it was more 'meh' than 'bad'. So while I'm cautiously optimistic for Birds of Prey and the Suicide Squad sequel that doesn't tell you as much as you might think.

Joker I just have no interest in. It could be the best film of all time but it just doesn't look like my sort of thing.

Akumaru wrote: View Post

Green Lantern - I won't say it's impossible but it would take quite some pitch for Warner to risk it, the last Green Lantern film was one of the few Superhero films I thought was outright dreadful.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 12:32 AM #3392
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Out of all the films, shazam is the only one Id rewatch.
Wonder woman and Aquaman arent awful, but they just dont hit home for me the way they do for others.

Joker im fully invested in, and birds of prey Ill see, but not chomping at the bit
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:04 AM #3393
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Zorkel567 wrote: View Post

DC's already announced Aquaman 2 for December, 2022 and are developing a spin-off film, The Trench.

And the James Gunn thing isn't a rumor, he's been confirmed to be directing a new Suicide Squad movie which is currently casting, filming this fall, and currently set for release in August, 2021
James Gunn directed the New Suicide Squad sounds much interesthing, and for Aquaman i was expecte a Sequel for real, since it was one the DC MOvies i liked most, and the ideia for the Spin-Off sounds cool too.
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:11 AM #3394
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

Joker I just have no interest in. It could be the best film of all time but it just doesn't look like my sort of thing.
This is a very good point that should be brought up more. While I am interested in it I sated before I' interested in these types of films to start with. For a superhero film this is a problem it should be a generically acceptable as possible. It doesn't matter if there is some people who will see it. It matters if it makes bank. The good thing though is they are preparing for it. They are setting up the notion that people won't be driving in hordes to see it. So they have a smaller budget at 55 million expect people not to be seeing it.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote