Home Menu

Menu

Old April 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM #21
> Yawn
Power Ranger

Yawn
Power Ranger

I didn't hate it, but I didn't find it particularly funny either. If it's all like this, I'm probably going to give it a pass.
Yawn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:29 AM #22
> N7 Slayer Ranger
N7 League Power Ranger

N7 Slayer Ranger
N7 League Power Ranger

I would have preferred a season six to the original series instead of this happy-go-lucky show. Mind you I have not seen TTG yet, but I still enjoyed the tone of the original. I will reserve judgement of this new show before saying how much I love/hate it.
N7 Slayer Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM #23
> Acezero
Power Ranger

Acezero
Power Ranger

I try and watch it, but I swear if this because some spongebob bs or more dc shows become like this, im going to do...something
Acezero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM #24
> y3k
180 pounds of pure ego

y3k
180 pounds of pure ego

Enjoyable-ish. It's not up to par with the DC shorts sadly; there's a certain irreverent charm that the shorts had that's missing here (besides the decline in animation quality). It might be because the shorts were driven almost solely by characterization and self-referential humor--it took full advantage of its characters and setting. A lot of the jokes here on the other hand were often more generic, and much of the humor comes from the voice actors rather than the writing itself; though I'm hoping that's just because the show's finding its legs and we'll start getting better stuff as the season progresses. Overall? I found the birthday episode much better than the sandwich episode, if only because everything involving Mother May-Eye was hilarious (and much closer to the spirit of the shorts).

I expect good things from Trigon's episode next week. The episode synopsis for that just oozes comedy.
y3k is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM #25
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Did not like it and I really tried. It just wasn't funny and there are so many elements with this team that could be exploited and they didn't even try. Sad, I was really hoping for something like the DC shorts.
Cosmo773 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:57 PM #26
> ShishiRanger
Heavenly Phantom Star

ShishiRanger
Heavenly Phantom Star

Haven't seen it yet, but to the trailers and you guys, I don't want to. Should of just been a direct repeat to Teen Titans! I loved that show so much. Season 5 ended and then i was hoping for a season 6. But sadly i realized no season six. That show left me on a cliffhanger, wondering one question for the rest of my life....Was it Terra? And I have TWO UNANSWERED QUESTIONS. Another show, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go, i deeply loved that show. It ended on a cliffhanger too. I have to unanswered questions....Who won? And was it terra.
ShishiRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM #27
> y3k
180 pounds of pure ego

y3k
180 pounds of pure ego

I think a lot of people misinterpret 'Things Change'. It's not badly written, it's not a cliffhanger, and it's not the proverbial Can 'O Worms everyone thinks it is. It wasn't about Terra or Slade's resurgence or even the mechanical matter-changing monster (in a show where monstrous entities routinely show up without an origin). It's actually a somber and rather quite subtle goodbye from the series, while simultaneously being a coda to Beast Boy's story arc. It's about growing up.

While it can be argued that Terra's simply running away from her problems as she always had (and I agree on the matter, and have no doubt she's got another reckoning coming down the road), the episode isn't told from her point of view; it's told from Beast Boy's. Here's someone who's had this albatross around his neck for so long, pining for the 'Good Old Days' so that when he's actually got a chance to do it over, he drops everything to pursue it, consequences be damned. It's only at the very end of the episode that Beast Boy actually grows up a bit, realizing that he's obsessing about his nostalgia while his friends are in mortal danger and the present currently needs saving. The second Beast Boy runs out those doors, he firmly puts Terra in the past and moves on with his life. That's it; story's over. Both characters go their separate ways.

Terra even says it: "Things were never how you remember them". She was always the mole. Even when it looked like the two of them were having a blast, Terra was preparing to kill all of them and tearing herself up in the process. She was never happy.

Was it even really Terra? Go comics aside, does it really matter?

Last edited by y3k; April 24th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
y3k is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:27 PM #28
> Morphin K
@Morphin_K

Morphin K
@Morphin_K

I like how Beast Boy becomes a chemist, lawyer, and a surgeon in one day.
Morphin K is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM #29
> Booncy
Power Ranger

eBay
Booncy
Power Ranger

eBay

I like that now there's two types of Teen Titans series out there for people to enjoy. One for people who are fans of the angsty drama genre & one for people who are fans of the comedy genre.

It reminds me of how back in the early 90s there were two types of Sonic animated series' out there for different audiences: SatAM Sonic & The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

It's just apples & oranges.
Booncy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM #30
> ShishiRanger
Heavenly Phantom Star

ShishiRanger
Heavenly Phantom Star

y3k wrote: View Post

I think a lot of people misinterpret 'Things Change'. It's not badly written, it's not a cliffhanger, and it's not the proverbial Can 'O Worms everyone thinks it is. It wasn't about Terra or Slade's resurgence or even the mechanical matter-changing monster (in a show where monstrous entities routinely show up without an origin). It's actually a somber and rather quite subtle goodbye from the series, while simultaneously being a coda to Beast Boy's story arc. It's about growing up.

While it can be argued that Terra's simply running away from her problems as she always had (and I agree on the matter, and have no doubt she's got another reckoning coming down the road), the episode isn't told from her point of view; it's told from Beast Boy's. Here's someone who's had this albatross around his neck for so long, pining for the 'Good Old Days' so that when he's actually got a chance to do it over, he drops everything to pursue it, consequences be damned. It's only at the very end of the episode that Beast Boy actually grows up a bit, realizing that he's obsessing about his nostalgia while his friends are in mortal danger and the present currently needs saving. The second Beast Boy runs out those doors, he firmly puts Terra in the past and moves on with his life. That's it; story's over. Both characters go their separate ways.

Terra even says it: "Things were never how you remember them". She was always the mole. Even when it looked like the two of them were having a blast, Terra was preparing to kill all of them and tearing herself up in the process. She was never happy.

Was it even really Terra? Go comics aside, does it really matter?
i see, Terra didn't want to be Terra. She wanted to overcome everything she did. She didn't want to remember ANYTHING she did and then she said "Things changed" as in she isn't Terra anymore and the girl Beast Boy once knew, is just a memory. I feel bad for Beast Boy losing his first love but I still think TTG should of been a direct sequel to TT. With all the funny/drama/action.
ShishiRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:46 PM #31
> Yawn
Power Ranger

Yawn
Power Ranger

Booncy wrote: View Post

I like that now there's two types of Teen Titans series out there for people to enjoy. One for people who are fans of the angsty drama genre & one for people who are fans of the comedy genre.

It reminds me of how back in the early 90s there were two types of Sonic animated series' out there for different audiences: SatAM Sonic & The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

It's just apples & oranges.
I wouldn't call Teen Titans angsty drama though. Sure, it had some serious episodes but those were often sandwiched between over the top comedy or the episodes had some comedic bits in them as well.
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM #32
> raveneffect
Power Ranger

raveneffect
Power Ranger

It wasn't as horrible as i thought it was going to be, it was actually pretty enjoyable. Obviously nowhere near the original series, but this is different and that's ok too.
raveneffect is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:18 PM #33
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

The show is cute, but if they had to go this route, why not just make Tiny Titans into a series? That way they can use the full roster of characters (everyone from Robin to Superboy to Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, etc) beyond the core five from the last show.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM #34
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Yawn wrote: View Post

I wouldn't call Teen Titans angsty drama though. Sure, it had some serious episodes but those were often sandwiched between over the top comedy or the episodes had some comedic bits in them as well.
Yeah, the original show had the perfect balance of comedy and drama. Especially in the last season where the stakes were incredibly high, they still managed to throw in some good comedy.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM #35
> Yawn
Power Ranger

Yawn
Power Ranger

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

The show is cute, but if they had to go this route, why not just make Tiny Titans into a series? That way they can use the full roster of characters (everyone from Robin to Superboy to Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, etc) beyond the core five from the last show.
Now this... this is something I would support.
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:03 PM #36
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Mow I'm hoping Trigon acts like his Tiny Titans self. Comedy gold right there.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM #37
> SuperDinoKiller
Stronger then Before

SuperDinoKiller
Stronger then Before

THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE. When I first heard about it (before hearing the details that is) I was exicted that Teen Titans was coming back and they got all the voice actors to come back too. Then I read that the series is going to be more comedic and focus on there life when their not fighting crime. I became worried. Then I saw the first commerical..................

That sums up my reaction to the show itself to.Not only is the show going in the wrong direction and is basically an insult to the original Teen Titans Series but it's not funny at all I gave it literally 10 secs before I stopped watching and never look back.It was damn near unwatchable.
SuperDinoKiller is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:56 PM #38
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I've watched a couple episodes, and just can't get into it. To be fair, this show is really obviously meant for kids and I'm far from a kid. Sometimes that doesn't matter, sometimes it does. This I think, is one of those times it does. Maybe it's just because I enjoyed the original Teen Titans, maybe not. But just seeing these goofy, slapstick shenanigans doesn't come across as fun or enjoyable.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's garbage or crap or anything. There were times it made me chuckle, but overall I just think it's cheap to get the voice cast together just to do this short little slapstick routine. I'm all for light, fluffy, goofy shows. Just can't get into this one. If they took the time to get the voice cast together they should've just revived the series as it was originally in my opinion but oh well, not a big deal. I'll let those that enjoy it do just that.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM #39
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

As I said with the other thread. I asked my daughter if she liked it. She gave me a weird look and said it was different. I ask her again I said I didn't ask if it was different I asked if you liked it and she stated no. The simple fact is not every kid likes this mind numbing dumb shows. She loved the old Titans and was hyped to see this but in the end she didn't like it.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM #40
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

After last night's episode, I wonder if CN had low expectations for the series. The first short ended with all five Titans dead, but still together as a team of ghosts. The second episode was a rerun.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote