Home Menu

Menu

Old December 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM #161
> Kamen Rider Ookalf
Power Ranger

Kamen Rider Ookalf
Power Ranger

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

The rest are alright. Cure Sword is probably the coolest name among all the Cure's we've had so far. It's interesting that, for a card motif series, only two of their names have something to do with it (Heart and Diamond). Where does Rosetta and Sword get theirs from? But I guess Cure Club and Cure Spade would've been too predictable.
Cure Sword would be because the suit of spades is also known as the suit of swords (Kamen Rider Blade gets his name from the same place). Not sure about Rosetta, though.
Kamen Rider Ookalf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM #162
> VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

VampirePaladin
Power Ranger

Only design I'm not towards right now is Cure Heart. Her head looks like it's too small for her body.

The rest are alright. Cure Sword is probably the coolest name among all the Cure's we've had so far. It's interesting that, for a card motif series, only two of their names have something to do with it (Heart and Diamond). Where does Rosetta and Sword get theirs from? But I guess Cure Club and Cure Spade would've been too predictable.

I have a feeling that, similar to JAKQ, they'll get a 5th member down the line based off the joker card.
Clubs is also known as clovers or flowers in some region. A rosette is a circular arrangement of leaves.
VampirePaladin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM #163
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

And Sword is Spade.
Wikipedia wrote:
In the Germanic countries the spade was the symbol associated with the blade of a spade. The English term spade originally did not refer to the tool but was derived from the Italian word spada = sword from the Italo-Spanish suit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suit_(cards)

That would also be how Kamen Rider Blade got his name.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM #164
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

We only have a sparse amount of Doki Doki info, and we're ALREADY getting the announcement of the 2nd All Stars New Stage movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=B0LBrD1B9jc
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:14 PM #165
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

We're forgetting the best Cure.

GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM #166
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Erika, you amazing thing. I'm glad someone on the production likes her so much.
Ryoutarou is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM #167
> tavis15
Banned

tavis15
Banned

I found all episode of pretty cure to watch on youtube, dude is called keyblademasterchris.
tavis15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM #168
> EddieB
Power Ranger

EddieB
Power Ranger

So I just finished Fresh Pretty Cure

Wow this has to be the most focused of the series

Its hard to really name any filler in this show

I really enjoyed the Fresh Team especially Setsuna and Love

I thought it was really creative how they used Miyuki in the series

I also really liked how they handled Daisuke's and Love relationship

I felt that the show had really good action and a lot of good focus episodes for each character.

The Villains I would say are probably the best I have seen of Pretty Cure.

Wester: He had a good personality and liked how he would rush into things head on and also would be found enjoying the town's food

Sauler: I liked how was the tactician of the group and would love to read

Spoiler: Spoiler: Eas's of course pretended to be friends with love by taking the identity of Setsuna and ended up getting feelings she did not understand.

She then grows desperate and is not sure who she is fighting for and then is given a card that will allow them to beat them but she must suffer through excruciating pain. Love notices this and tries to comfort her.

Then Setsuna reveals herself to Eas the whole time which was an awesome moment. Then Eas is set to be terminated and has one last fight with Love and its done so they can reach to one another with their feelings and then she is reborn as Cure Passion awesome. The Scenes with Setsuna and Love's mom were the best any time they spent time as family together was very moving.

Tarte being a mascot and actually having a friendship with Karou and he calls him his bro haha.

I really liked the episode where he gos back to the sweets kingdom.

Spoiler: Chiffon was really cute and him being infinity was shocking

Spoiler Ending Arc

What really surprised me was the ending arc for once they really developed this series's villains world. I really liked the technical aspect of it and even explains how this world was created and it was not evil for the sake of evil.

If even if it was a bit cliche its amazing how many times I have seen this story. But it was new to the pretty cure series. I liked how they were able to change the world simply by being there. Who knew that the focus of Donuts really meant something and actually was a game changer to get the people of Labyrinth out of their robotic routines. The people helping Tarte to play the music box to reach the Cures was great while they were getting beat down by Northa.

Klein's monster design and brief fight was really good. When North and Klein merged their design was amazing simply amazing as was the fight.

I also loved that they all got wings and Wester and Sauler turning good.

Memorable Episodes:

Love being able to talk with her Grandfather which was really heartwarming

Setsuna spending time with berry alone for the first time. I really how Berry struggled at first hanging out with Setsuna but then appreciated how blunt and honest she could be.

Northa's first appearance: Hard to forget this since its the introduction of the new monster of the day the Sorwatese. She also makes Wester and Sauler more of a threat.

Northa and the Sorrow Gauge: This shows how cunning North was by tricking them into coming and destroying the sorrow gauge outside luckily Chiffon was able to stop it

Wester and Saular's final plan to finish filling the Sorrow Gauge: Creating a monster of the day to stop time in one place. I found this episode really interesting could you imagine going to bed and still sleeping and yet the time remains the same even being night out I though that was really cool.

Northa replaces love's mom with a copy I felt was a really powerful episode. The Monster of the day was a great challenge too I really like how adaptable it was.
EddieB is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:57 AM #169
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

aaaaaaaaaand the upcoming Doki Doki's are gonna be in the 2nd New Stage movie.

Also, the finale of Smile is next week.
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:51 AM #170
> tavis15
Banned

tavis15
Banned

Precure Producer: 'Precure Is Still Just 10 Years Old'

Precure and Tokyo's ABC (Asahi Broadcasting Corporation) producer Hiroyuki Matsushita (Smile Precure!, Suite Precure) commented at the press conference for the upcoming Dokidoki! Precure anime that he wants Precure to go on for much longer than just 10 years.

He said: This is the 10th year for Precure, but it's still just 10 years. I want
the show to go on for 20, even 30 years.

The voice actresses for the new Cure warriors also attended, with Hitomi Nabatame as Mana Aida/Cure Heart, Mai Fuchigami as Arisu Yotsuba/Cure Rosetta, Minako Kotobuki as Rikka Hishikawa/Cure Diamond, and Kanako Miyamoto as Makoto Kenzaki/Cure Sword. Nabatame (Shakugan no Shana's Margery Daw, ToHeart2's Yuma Tonami) commented on her role as Cure Heart, saying:

I had a chance to go see a recording session for the first season, Futari wa Precure, back when I was still just a new voice actress. The staff and cast were all sparkling, and I thought that someday I wanted to enter [the world of Precure] as well. I really looked up to the show, so [when I was chosen for my role], I was crying like a baby.
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:17 AM #171
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I wouldn't mind if they keep it going for a while, it's one of the most memorable magical girl series in recent years and one of Toei's current flagships. I only wish they just cut down on the All Stars movies. They've made the crossover aspect old before KR and SS did it.

Looking forward to Doki Doki.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM #172
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

I saw this show on Hulu Plus and I'm curious to watch it. So these tiny Sailor Moons worth watching?
DragonBuckler7 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM #173
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

It has been recommended to another person who was curious that if you really want to watch the series, it's best to start with the very first series and its sequel.

While later series tend to be a bit more of the magical girl norm with magical action and whatnot, the original Pretty Cure was a lot more loaded with physical action.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:49 PM #174
> DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

DragonBuckler7
Shark ***e

It has been recommended to another person who was curious that if you really want to watch the series, it's best to start with the very first series and its sequel.

While later series tend to be a bit more of the magical girl norm with magical action and whatnot, the original Pretty Cure was a lot more loaded with physical action.

Where can I find the original series and its sequel?
Or is it the same one on Hulu Plus?
DragonBuckler7 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM #175
> Thermite Kitten
i am rayblad man? щ(~Д~щ)

Thermite Kitten
i am rayblad man? щ(~Д~щ)

How many episodes are listed on Hulu Plus? If it's 49, then they don't have the sequel (Max Heart) on there. If it's more like 90, then they have both seasons under one name. Either way, check it out!
Thermite Kitten is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:20 PM #176
> GokaiKnight
奇跡を信じる者

GokaiKnight
奇跡を信じる者

RawkRanger wrote: View Post

The Smile Finale is AWESOME! Do yourselves a favor and watch it NAO! Especially if you hated it so far.
My opinion on Smile's finale? If you've seen DX3 (That would be the crossover movie during Suite's time) then... you've seen Smile's finale. I'm not even joking. They reused everything, from the fighting a black hole of evil, to the fairies having to go back to their world, to the blasting goodness into the whole and everything. They even took a page out of Heartcatch's book with Infinite Happy there.
GokaiKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 08:15 PM #177
> tavis15
Banned

tavis15
Banned

Doki Doki precure episode 1- great episode, nice mystery going for it.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:22 PM #178
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Watched the Smile finale yesterday. So...much...crying. After about 5 minutes of our heroines bawling their eyes out, I just couldn't take the finale seriously anymore. That, and Pierrot, who was built up through almost an entire series' worth of filler episodes and had his cool design wasted by turning into a black hole with a face, was beaten by...a cosmic hug. And I thought Master Xandred was a lousy villain.

All in all, a lousy finale to an ultimately lousy series. I hope DokiDoki will draw me in like Suite did when I first discovered the Precure franchise.
Power PC! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM #179
> tavis15
Banned

tavis15
Banned

Now, I thought smile was decent, it's not a epic season like heartcatch or splash star but it's not lousy to me.
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:13 AM #180
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Smile in the end is just an..."average" series. While it had a lot of good stuff, like funny characters, the story was ultimately too slow to start and often meandered around. The fairy tale concept was barely used, and the villains were not all that spectacular. Not once in the show did I get a sense that they were meant to be threatening or the Smile's were forced against dire stakes.

It's a shame too, because the main Smile cast has gotta me some of the most memorable precure cast in a while.

Tags
sentai with cupcakes