Home Menu

Menu

Old June 8th, 2017, 07:00 PM #601
> TkMacintosh
Power Ranger

TkMacintosh
Power Ranger

Zankantou wrote: View Post

Hi-Resolution 1/100 XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero EW [Sep 2017] First Zero Custom to be able to transform. Looks weird to me, but the model looks great.

Source:
https://twitter.com/TendouToys/statu...13430266839040

http://i.imgur.com/4z27vYd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Jt3HXB1.jpg
...Okay I have never been a fan of Wing Zero Custom from EW because the exclusion of the Bird mode made me sad plus I was never a fan of the "Angel Wings" that it had...but with this model actually getting a bird mode, it looks good and definitely might be something I'd probably pick up.
TkMacintosh is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:09 PM #602
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

My almost six month old daughter squeals in delight almost as much at the sky blue PetitGuy bear on my computer desk as she does at our dog.

I think I'm doing pretty solid so far as a parent
Crow T. Robot is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:18 PM #603
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Ha! That's awesome man... parenting done right.

Speaking of PetitGuy. My wife actually saw the Panda one and green one... and wanted to put one together. O_O

Needless to say I got both and we'll each put one together so she can see how to do it!
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:50 PM #604
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Taichi wrote: View Post

Ha! That's awesome man... parenting done right.

Speaking of PetitGuy. My wife actually saw the Panda one and green one... and wanted to put one together. O_O

Needless to say I got both and we'll each put one together so she can see how to do it!
My daughter actually has a pink PetitGuy in her nursery, on a shelf above her changing table, but she can't see that as easily as the blue one on my desk when she gets to sit with me.

And my wife actually contributed to the Beargguy F that the blue PetitGuy came with, as she requested to add some color. So I let her use my red Gundam Marker to paint the segmented portion of his/her chest. That's as far as she's gone into the world of Gunpla, though.
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:25 PM #605
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Ha!!

Well, we put ours together. I had the Guitar PetitGGuy and she had the Panda PetitGGuy. She did great! Didn't really have to help, just showed the technique and she took off... even doing the panel lining herself.

Old June 23rd, 2017, 09:45 PM #606
> Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

It's a little known fact that before Gunpla Battles could commercially involve Gunpla, PPSE Works was able to acclimatise longtime fans and draw in new ones with a Gunpla Battle MMO, not only pitting novice battlers head-to-head online, but using AI to replicate the tactics of canon characters in Gundam as well as newly minted Gunpla battlers. After the Plavsky particle incident at the 7th World Tournament nearly destroyed the reputation of Gunpla Battle worldwide, Nils Neilsen petitioned to revive the supposedly-obsoleted online phenomenon, and a still-loyal online fanbase rekindled enough interest to grant Nils licence to redevelop the Plavsky particles, just in time for the 8th World Tournament. Still, the Gunpla Battle MMO remains a popular media for old and new fans to interact, polish their skills, and explore the world of Gunpla on two frontiers. Welcome to the world of Build Fighters Online!

During their time at Neilsen Labs, Yuuma managed to get in touch with Sei Iori online, convincing him to briefly coach the team in more old-school training techniques. Stage 1: Endurance. Nothing says arduous more than completing an obstacle course with a fidgeting Petitguy on your back, which could drop off and force you to return to the starting line...

Stage 2: Weapons Training. While Fumi and Yuuma needed to brush up on close combat, Sei figured out that Sekai merely needed a frame of reference to refine his combat foundation rather than any specific techniques - the patience and stability required for sharpshooting would also prove useful in using that sword Sekai mounted on the Kamiki Burning Gundam.

Stage 3: Combat. Thanks to the use of AI to replicate past champions' combat techniques, Sei not only had one formidable opponent for Team Try Fighters in the form of Takeshi Iori's old RX-78-2, but AIs of Takeshi's old teammates Hayate Koumonji and Kai Shirouden in the mechs they tore up the battlefield in together... all ready to pwn a new generation.
Aaron Hong is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 09:22 AM #607
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

hey guys..question for all yall...I was building Blue Destiny Unit 1 the other day and I lost part of the arm joint, so now I cant finish the left arm! Its gone..I heard it fall and that was it..it fell into a void..Im so mad..either way does anyone know where you can buy replacement parts or replacement runners? I'd hate to have to shell out another $16 for a second kit that I need 1 stupid piece for..
the real red ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 10:30 PM #608
> Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

A little something I wasn't expecting - the HG Revive Gyan has two holes hidden in each of his shoulders so he can still mount some of the HG Build Custom weapons and stuff.

Sazaki Tateo got the bulk of his training against one AI opponent at a time, but with the help of the other two girls of Team Song Dynasty Vase, he was ready to take on a full AI-driven team of Fumina's entire mecha lineup - or at least, Gyanko's idea of Fumina since she programmed the AI herself. This could go one of two ways.
Old June 28th, 2017, 09:57 AM #609
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

the real red ranger wrote: View Post

hey guys..question for all yall...I was building Blue Destiny Unit 1 the other day and I lost part of the arm joint, so now I cant finish the left arm! Its gone..I heard it fall and that was it..it fell into a void..Im so mad..either way does anyone know where you can buy replacement parts or replacement runners? I'd hate to have to shell out another $16 for a second kit that I need 1 stupid piece for..
I know at one point GundamStoreAndMore did individual parts. Maybe contact them?
Old June 29th, 2017, 11:19 AM #610
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

RedMystechRanger wrote: View Post

I know at one point GundamStoreAndMore did individual parts. Maybe contact them?
Yea I went back and forth with them for a bit now and they cant help So think all i can do at this point is buy a 2nd Unit 1 Kit..
the real red ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 10:07 PM #611
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

I have no idea what I'm calling this...um...Gunpla is freedom?
SpideyWing is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 02:03 AM #612
> Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

Question about a thing I have (WoW thing)
Old August 1st, 2017, 06:46 PM #613
> Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Recently finished building the RG Gundam Astray Gold Frame, my first P-Bandai kit. Just a straight build with panel lining and full decals. I have to say, the gold doesn't look that bad. The only issue I've found so far is that the top half of my elbow joints aren't strong enough to support the full weight of the bazooka. Luckily the bottom half of the joint is tight enough so it's not a big deal. Overall a really good kit besides how easy it is to knock the V-fin out of place that is. lol.

A full gallery here for those interested: http://imgur.com/a/IslEI
Infinitevirtue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:51 PM #614
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Currently building the HG Gundam Portent. Because the suit's got such a pretty design I wanted to make it a bit glitzier. Instead of the Molotow liquid chrome I usually use for GN condensers, I went a bit wild and used glitter instead to really create a shimmering particle effect.

I also just finished building the HG Leo complete with some first-time pastel-shading. A near-perfect kit held back by some really minor-but-annoying flaws. I might decal it but I'll probably wait extra long for the topcoat to cure so I don't risk reactivating the pastels somehow.

Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:25 PM #615
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Let me just say that the glitter looks amazing!! Please share the completed build when you finish!

So I jumped back into the mix. A little rusty, but the Galaxy Cosmos is definitely one of my favorites. Had the Star Winning for quite awhile. Have the OO Diver and Ace unit to put together.

Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 08:04 AM #616
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

That Cosmos came out really nice; though the backpack still annoys me. Though, that may be my preference for the full package that you get with the Star Build Strike.

On a side note with the Star Winning, I discovered a while back that you can actually put one of the leg effect parts into the sword to create a decent approximation of the beam sword from Real Mode's first appearance.

It's not perfect, but it's at least close.
SpideyWing is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2018, 08:24 AM #617
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Oh nice!!

Yeah, I like the Cosmos only because it reminds me of the God Gundam, (which is my favorite Gundam of all time)... but it's a little janky. I still prefer the Full Package as well.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 12:24 PM #618
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

Oh. A couple of those would make good drones for Iron Man to fight
Gold Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2018, 04:33 PM #619
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Taichi wrote: View Post

Let me just say that the glitter looks amazing!! Please share the completed build when you finish!
Here's a quick pic!

Super solid kit. I have no idea how well the glitter will hold up over the years but I think it works well with how feminine the Gundam is.

Meanwhile I started building the RG Sinanju way back in February (knowing about its infamous torso problem) but had such a bad depressive rut I boxed it up and forgot all about it. I fished it out earlier this week and finished it in about two days. I solved the weak torso joint by packing it in with putty. Otherwise everything else went about as I expected for a Real-Grade. Loose, finicky-parts and a complete build that feels like it's made of wobbly gelatin. Looks amazing, though.

The stickers it came with would've ruined its sleek look so I used the HG waterslides instead, limiting it mostly to symbols and a few stripes. I didn't want to mask off parts to do a gloss-coat so I just rubbed some floor polish onto the decals with a q-tip instead. Did the job.

Gold Samurai wrote:
Oh. A couple of those would make good drones for Iron Man to fight
Yeah, I'm probably gonna buy a few more to do some customs. The space-type Leo is P-Bandai but it can't be hard to find a cylinder that'll look like its fuel pack, and it's designed to be easily painted. I'll probably do some "fan" customs as well, IE desert-types and "heavy"-types.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 02:30 PM #620
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Bit of a WIP:
My HG Mack Knife came in yesterday and I've been working on the worst part of the entire kit: the face. The G-Reco kit line got the short end of the stick because Bandai had zero confidence in its performance so they didn't even try to do something other than a sticker for its face (unfortunately the same fate for several other kits). Which is a shame, because the designs are some of my favorite mecha from any anime ever.
Anyway, the sticker is bullshit and I'm not using it. So I scanned the decal sheet and recreated them as waterslide decals. I tried using some closeups of the eyes drawn by the mecha's designer, but they're too detailed and just get blurry when shrunken down. So I had to simply trace the stickers instead.

(Pictured: the close-up eye illustrations on the left, the brighter more visible ones on the right).
The main problem with waterslide decals printed from home is they're transparent. The Mack Knife's face is a dark-ish plastic. So, I painted its faceplate white so the decal comes through without any discoloration.

Even though I scanned the stickers, the measurements aren't perfect, so I went ahead and made a bunch of smaller ones to test-fit. I also wanted the kit to have some futuristic looking lettering on the legs denoting its name and nation.

I'll post the results when complete.