Home Menu

Menu

Old August 23rd, 2016, 11:09 PM #561
> Kalel
The Last Son

Kalel
The Last Son

I bought all mine from amazon. Sometimes they were Prime, but some came from Japan so shipping time was long, but the price was always good. I think my 2 Star Winnings were like $10 each or so. 99% of the BF/T kits I bought were $10-20, I think Lightning Zeta was the only one slightly over, being something like $22. Actually, a handful were less than $10, but only slightly. Star Winning is on there for around $13 now, shipping from Japan, so if you're willing to wait the extra time you could get 3 for $39 as opposed to 2 for $34 from the other guy...

I had the bug for a while, then I built like 20 HGs and lost steam. I have quite the backlog right now. I was actually thinking of selling the unbuilt MGs I have, still undecided. That Cardigan looks good though, I might have to dig back in and get that guy built along with the other 2 I mentioned for Sekai and Yuuma.

For that kitbash though, you would probably need more parts than would be left over if you look at it, especially for Star Winning. You might even need to make alterations to it since it uses its codpiece. Now you got me thinking I want to make this thing... Maybe since I have all the pieces already tomorrow I'll throw it together to see how it looks/functions before going all in and getting and extra of each kit. They say they had to modify them in the show, so maybe you can't even snap build it, who knows.

Last edited by Kalel; August 23rd, 2016 at 11:33 PM.
Kalel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2016, 06:29 AM #562
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Actually someone did build it.

I would think that all the parts were interchangeable... but I don't know. I have a Try Burning... so when the Winning comes in I'll see if the pieces fit. I know the Lightning pieces will, cause the shoulder pieces and leg pieces should be identical. However, as you said, the Winning took some liberties, so it might be the hiccup. If it works, then I may pull the trigger and just do it.

I prefer to not get a backlog. That's why I went kinda slow with TRY. Plus the room... lol!
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 08:59 AM #563
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

I can tell you that the leg style that the Lightning/Try Burning use won't work with the Star Winning's skirt armor; since I tried as soon as I got the three kits.
SpideyWing is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 09:21 AM #564
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Weelllll crap.

So from the photo I posted, obviously there was some modifying going on. The poster never stated HOW it was done, just the photos. Dang. Well, I'm still going to see what I would need to do.

Spidey. In your opinion, would it be easy to mod, or pretty difficult?
Old August 25th, 2016, 11:25 AM #565
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

With the right pegs for connecting the Try Burning's legs to the Star Winning, it wouldn't be a tough mod for the majority of the lower body; and if I recall correctly from when I first tried it, the backpack for the Star Winning fits in without need of modifications. As for connecting the skirt armor of the Winning to the Try Burning; you might need to cut down the waist polycap on the Star Winning to fit.

In conclusion: It's not a difficult project, but I'd say get a second of each kit if you're gunning for it, because I can't think of a way to do it in a reversible manner.
Old August 25th, 2016, 12:00 PM #566
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Okay... yeah, even if I was going to make it, they'd be kits specifically for that purpose, so modifying them wouldn't be a problem. However, I just wanted to know if it would be difficult or easy.

It doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the info!
Old August 26th, 2016, 09:35 AM #567
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

Not a problem; also, I went ahead and started trying to do that with my Star Winning, Try Burning, and Lightning Full Burnen, just so I could provide some advice. Here's what I came up with:
  • The legs aren't quite the problem; putting the Lightning's lower leg on the Try Burning is no problem, but the difference in thigh length is of note.
  • Connecting them to the Winning torso required me to make custom pegs that could slip into the polycaps; I just took some plastic runners/sprues and cut them to length. Afterwards, I whittled it down to fit with my hobby knife.
  • The arms were the first major hurdle; trying to connect the Burning's arm to the Lightning's shoulder are, at first glance, impossible since the peg for the Lightning is in the shoulder, while the peg from the Burning is in the arm. I wound up using a tiny polycap from a (I think?) MG to connect the upper half of the Lightning's elbow to the lower half of the Burning's. This mostly worked, but it wound up a little wide and I couldn't put the upper arm armor on.
  • Connecting the arm to the shoulder turned out to be...well, the ball joint on the Lightning is too small for the Burning's shoulder polycap.
  • Finally, the waist...same problem, just more.

So, hopefully this'll help you plan your project, Taichi; it's in no way impossible, at least.
Old August 26th, 2016, 10:06 AM #568
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Very thorough explanation!!!

I figured it was going to be some work, but not impossible. Might be a little more than I wanted to do... but I might get up the gumption to do it.
Old August 30th, 2016, 09:44 PM #569
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

Barbatos Sixth Form arrived today. Kinda a mixed bag for me. It's classic Barbie, only difference build-wise is the arms (even the shoulder pad connections are different). Legs are still the same except they also throw in high heels. You get also get some new sideskirts. The dinosaw is still stupid and needs a paint job.

I kinda like the new arms better than the old ones, and the high heels are surprisingly more stable than the old feet. Currently have it in 5th form with the katana. Looks a lot better than the 4th IMO. I cannibalized my old Barbie so I can switch this thing between 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th forms in terms of loadouts and weapons. Everything, including old arms, is in one box.
AkibaGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 05:42 PM #570
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

So, gather around all! It's Bullshrimp Spidey Story Time! (TMRXXXG-00W0)

So, if you've built any recent HG 1/144th scale kit, you're probably familiar with the All Gundam Project polycaps. Well, the hip joint on my Airmaster broke along the polycap; a straight line all the way through, basically making the joint useless. I managed to cobble together enough glue on the hip joint peg to get it standing, but not much else. Which never sat well with me, since I like the Airmaster.

Well, I finally decided to see if I had a polycap that would in some way work as a replacement; I've been collecting Gunpla off and on since Gundam was big in the US, so I have a lot of spare polycaps. Should be easy to find a replacement, right? I was wrong as hell; the hip uses a very specialized polycap, and nothing I had fit. I finally had to take a completely different polycap, and cut it to fit. I swear, this was the hardest thing I've done since my early attempts at scratch-building.

I finally got it working, but does anyone else think that Bandai should just start selling polycap runners by themselves? Or do they, and I'm just dumber than a forest of rocks?
Old September 6th, 2016, 07:46 PM #571
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

SpideyWing wrote: View Post

So, gather around all! It's Bullshrimp Spidey Story Time! (TMRXXXG-00W0)

So, if you've built any recent HG 1/144th scale kit, you're probably familiar with the All Gundam Project polycaps. Well, the hip joint on my Airmaster broke along the polycap; a straight line all the way through, basically making the joint useless. I managed to cobble together enough glue on the hip joint peg to get it standing, but not much else. Which never sat well with me, since I like the Airmaster.

Well, I finally decided to see if I had a polycap that would in some way work as a replacement; I've been collecting Gunpla off and on since Gundam was big in the US, so I have a lot of spare polycaps. Should be easy to find a replacement, right? I was wrong as hell; the hip uses a very specialized polycap, and nothing I had fit. I finally had to take a completely different polycap, and cut it to fit. I swear, this was the hardest thing I've done since my early attempts at scratch-building.

I finally got it working, but does anyone else think that Bandai should just start selling polycap runners by themselves? Or do they, and I'm just dumber than a forest of rocks?
You could always try checking with GundamStoreAndMore. I haven't looked recently at the list of kits they can provide runners or individual pieces for, but maybe it's on there?
Crow T. Robot is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2016, 03:01 PM #572
> Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Infinitevirtue
Power Ranger

Built the RG Wing Gundam Zero EW recently:

More images here for those interested: http://imgur.com/a/73wgd
Infinitevirtue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 02:48 PM #573
> Kalel
The Last Son

Kalel
The Last Son

Looks good!

I need to get myself some of those 1/144 decals.
Old October 4th, 2016, 02:50 PM #574
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Insane!!! Looks fantastic!!!!
Old October 21st, 2016, 08:51 AM #575
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

Finally got around to finishing my RG Mk II (AEUG). I've just been busy and I didn't really want to attempt it when I was tired. My first non-SEED RG, and a suit I am really nostalgic for. This thing is a beauty.

Also picked up the HG Victory and F91 a few weeks back. I love the simplicity of the former, while the latter I just love all around. I have it posed with a copy of the old F91 Super Famicon game I found at a pawn shop.

Been looking at the Barbatos Lupus lately. While it's cheap and I really like the sword-mace, the weapons they've removed make the HG feel like a ripoff. No mini-maces, no arm guns despite being part of it's initial loadout, I think it's getting a gun in the next option set and they're even selling the open hands separately. I know the option set is cheap in Japan and I could find a decent buyer, but I'm just tired of this gimmick. Considering prices for kits like the Build Burning or G-Self, kits I felt completely satisfied with what I got (though I do want that Space Pack), I think they could add a few things to the IBO kits and still keep the price down a bit, especially with the mix-and-match nature of the kits.

Like, this whole thing feels like when a company like Ubisoft removes a chapter from the game to sell as DLC. Like a "fuck you" to the buyer.
AkibaGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:35 PM #576
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

AkibaGold wrote: View Post

Finally got around to finishing my RG Mk II (AEUG). I've just been busy and I didn't really want to attempt it when I was tired. My first non-SEED RG, and a suit I am really nostalgic for. This thing is a beauty.
I've felt the same about the HGUC Physalis sitting in it's box under my desk right now. Work has just been absolutely kicking my ass recently, and on days when I actually get a break, I've been trying to clean up my house and work on chipping away at my video game backlog.
Crow T. Robot is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2016, 04:42 PM #577
> Kalel
The Last Son

Kalel
The Last Son

I bought a small collapsible lightbox that arrived today, so I took a test pic of my Try Fighters "extras" that I thought I'd share. Nothing special, I pretty much just snap build...

Went a little kit crazy last month and ordered a bunch of HGs, so I decided to dip into my backlog and make some space while I waited for those. I managed to get these 3 as well as a handful of older HGUCs built before the new kits arrived, but the backlog is still rather large...
Old November 8th, 2016, 08:46 PM #578
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

After quite a few months, I finally built the Graze Ein and...I got bored with its dark color scheme and...it became Suika Ein.

imgurl

Last edited by Lord-Zero; November 8th, 2016 at 08:52 PM.
Lord-Zero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 10:02 PM #579
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

Well, would you look at what I got for Christmas? A HGCE Freedom! Yeah, I already have the RG, and it's still a great kit...but I wanted something that I could fiddle with and not feel like I was going to break something or lose something. So I got this with an Amazon GC I got. How is it? I like it! It does everything I want a Freedom to do with none of the fussiness from the RG. Everything stays in place nicely, and it's almost as articulated as the RG.

I'd say the only section I think looks better on the RG versus the HGCE are the wings; I really like their look on the RG.

So, yeah; the HGCE is great for fiddling, but the RG is still a better kit. I'd say that if you don't want to get the RG Freedom for one reason or another, the HGCE is a great kit to get ahold of.

PS: The stickers; not too bad so far, especially since they're wrapping around the guns and the shield.
Old January 8th, 2017, 12:55 PM #580
> Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

I call this the Duel Gundam Cardigan.

Last edited by Aaron Hong; March 21st, 2017 at 11:37 AM.
Aaron Hong is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote