Menu

Closed

Old March 22nd, 2016, 04:42 PM #501
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

AkibaGold wrote: View Post

Maybe it is the age of the few I've built. Probably should get something newer, but it's also a matter of finding kits I want. The MG Force Impulse is nice.
Oh yeah, older MGs are a whole other story. I currently have a MG Char's Zaku II that is like the original Zaku II mold, and previously had a MG Gouf from the same era, and the only difficult thing about them was having tubes and, in Gouf's case, a weapon made out of individual beads that had to be strung together. But kits like the Wing Gundam Proto Zero and RX-78-2 3.0 are crazy in some aspects of assembly.

Speaking of MGs, I'm really dying for a new kit, like maybe a MG Unicorn, but I need to save all the money I can right now thanks to a house purchase offer being accepted last week. It's bugging me sooooo bad.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 04:49 PM #502
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Now see, Unicorn is one I would snag... I just can't make up my mind which one. The PG is amazing looking. I'm a sucker for red, so Destroy Mode would be the version... but I don't know what grade. Shit, I may just get the HG to go with the others... decisions, decisions.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 07:19 PM #503
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

Taichi wrote: View Post

Now see, Unicorn is one I would snag... I just can't make up my mind which one. The PG is amazing looking. I'm a sucker for red, so Destroy Mode would be the version... but I don't know what grade. Shit, I may just get the HG to go with the others... decisions, decisions.
I have the HG myself, and here's a few things about it. No beam effects for the sabers, the hand with the trigger finger tends to fall apart easily (not to mention, the rifle is pretty big), and some of the armor pieces are really just hanging on the frame without any solid connection. Things will come off as you attempt to pose it.

Last edited by AkibaGold; March 22nd, 2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 07:30 PM #504
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Eh... that sucks, but not out of the norm. Hell, my Try Burning has pieces fall off all the time. HG's, in some instances, have that problem. But thanks for letting me know!!

I did buy it however... I realized that I forgot to put one Gundam out, so now the display is lopsided... the Unicorn will balance it out. See... justified.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:29 PM #505
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

If you know what you're doing, the armor doesn't fly off. Just some areas are problematic if you nudge them the wrong. The legs are also a problem.. They don't pivot, what you can get on the ball joint is all you get.

Still, the kit looks pretty nice.

I'm going to be ordering the RG Freedom in the morning. Planning on putting that thing is going to be going on my nightstand, along with the RG Justice eventually, instead of on my living room bookshelf. I'm at a point though where I'm choosing which Gunpla to keep on display and which to put back into their boxes in my closet.

Last edited by AkibaGold; March 22nd, 2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old March 28th, 2016, 12:13 PM #506
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Well, it came in... and the box was smashed on one end... why can't they ship them in boxes?

However, eager to get started!!
Old April 4th, 2016, 11:45 AM #507
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

This is what I have ordered right after getting all my birthday giftcards.

RG Freedom with Aqua Action Base
HG Grimgerde
RG Justice with Red Action Base

Freedom should be here any day now.
Old April 5th, 2016, 12:44 PM #508
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

I'd like to get more RGs... they really are nice... but I can knock out an HG so fast... that I still think I prefer them.

Got the HG Unicorn done... it's a beautiful piece... but yeah, there are some seriously disappointing features... articulation, no beam saber beams, rubbing parts in certain poses. It's not the worst one I have... but it's not high on my list. I debated on whether or not to panel line it because it's so clean looking on the box without it. I went ahead and did, but now I think it looks too busy with the panel separations showing red. But overall I'm happy with it.

There was a red wasp floating in the shop today, so the Unicorn jumped into action and was prepared to shoot if necessary... lol!!!

Old April 6th, 2016, 03:53 AM #509
> Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

Aaron Hong
No pity for fools

no beam saber beams,
Shit. They really expect you to get Unicorn Mode as well to complete it, huh... And it's just two beams for four handles so it's not nearly that complete, either.
Old April 8th, 2016, 01:51 PM #510
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

I'd like to get more RGs... they really are nice... but I can knock out an HG so fast... that I still think I prefer them.
This is the first time I bought RGs in a year, simply because I wanted to treat myself with some longer builds. Just me, the kits and Welcome to Nightvale. I kinda wish I had got myself the HG G-Arcane though, I keep putting that off. Ditto the G-Lucifer and the Gaeon.
Old April 14th, 2016, 06:01 PM #511
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

Progress.

RG Freedom: Body is done and stickered. Just have to do the wings and the weapons when I have time this weekend. Accidentally scratched out the eyes though, so I improvised with some of the gold foil around those decals. They look okay.

HG Grimgerde: Finished while taking break from the Freedom. Very simple kit with very tiny feet. Seems to have problems standing due to it's baby shoes.

Still waiting on RG Justice and the action bases.

They're rereleasing the HG G-Bouncer. Definitely going to pick one of those up once the price drops. Woolf was awesome but I'm not shelling out over a hundred dollars for a HG.
Old April 14th, 2016, 06:19 PM #512
> SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

SpideyWing
Still not MagiKing

Those wings...those wings. I can't speak for everyone's experiences, but mine did not want to hold together. I wound up having to apply a light amount of super glue to hold them together. Still, once you get them together, they will look fantastic.
Old April 14th, 2016, 06:31 PM #513
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Ugh, so many good deals recently on GundamStoreandMore (now that they seem alive again) but I'm not really in a position to take advantage. Especially the kit they have on special this week. Honestly, I'd love to just load up my cart and have a stack of new kits for the summer months.

So help me god, though, if they put up a MG Sinanju, MG Unicorn, or a MG Wing Gundam EW Ver. anytime soon for decent prices, my wife would have to just deal with the purchase.
Old April 15th, 2016, 08:23 AM #514
> SentaiFive
Director of The Hexagon

SentaiFive
Director of The Hexagon

I've gotten back into Gunpla again, now that I'm done with school and working lmao. Been getting into the Build Fighters kits and decided to give IBO a shot. I got the 6th Form Barbatos and man do I love it!

Old April 15th, 2016, 03:45 PM #515
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Broke down and ordered a new kit earlier. Wanted something Unicorn, despite still not having seen it, and settled on this:

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ba...l#.VxFuc_krKUk

I was tempted to get a HGUC Guncannon and a GM II for roughly the same price, but I love the Unicorn design AND the fact that you get a head-shaped display stand. So psyched, especially since I found out today I get an extra day off next Friday from work for Spring Break, and it should be here before then
Old April 15th, 2016, 08:13 PM #516
> AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

AkibaGold
Tenkagomen

SpideyWing wrote: View Post

Those wings...those wings. I can't speak for everyone's experiences, but mine did not want to hold together. I wound up having to apply a light amount of super glue to hold them together. Still, once you get them together, they will look fantastic.
I didn't really have any problems with the wings. They weren't as easy as the Revive Freedom's, but nowhere near as bad as the old MG's. Just a lot of decals though, so I called it a night. Just have the shield and the rifle to put together tomorrow after I finish sticker hell.

Definitely glad I ordered the action base for this one.
Old April 15th, 2016, 10:20 PM #517
> deathdefyme
Power Ranger

eBay
deathdefyme
Power Ranger

eBay

Just ordered 3 new kits after 10 years lol. so excited for them to come in!
Old April 20th, 2016, 10:59 PM #518
> deathdefyme
Power Ranger

eBay
deathdefyme
Power Ranger

eBay

first time painting a gundam. I tried to do a battle scarred look to it but failed lol
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:18 AM #519
> alphawolf0001
Power Ranger

alphawolf0001
Power Ranger

Anyone have the RG strike freedom? I wanna get it soon but I'm on the fence
Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:23 AM #520
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

deathdefyme wrote: View Post

first time painting a gundam. I tried to do a battle scarred look to it but failed lol
1. You can't cross-post images from an email account. It just doesn't work. You need something like flickr.

2. I typically avoid even trying "battle-scarred" looks because I'm never good at them and I'd rather not end up with something I don't want to display that costs as much as a Gundam model could. If I could find some like $4-$5 old kits I'd practice on those for a long time before moving onto kits I actually want to look at. I'd rather have kits that look like suits that have never seen combat than something that looks like a disaster.
Closed