> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

There's always the aftermarket.
The price would be so insanely high though that it wouldn't be worth it.
Old September 8th, 2015, 02:27 PM #5982
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Not to put some doom and gloom on Bandai but they might stop shipping some star wars figures

People are speculating that Disney is about to apply it to everything Star Wars, that anything licensed to Japan needs to stay in Japan.

I guess they're worried it's going to cut profit away from the black series.

Disney/Hasbro sees that people are drawn to more articulate and better looking figures.

Therefore they're going to go to other outlets beside the Hasbro black series.

This happened with Hasbro and the Mafex Amazing Spider-man 2
Disney? There's absolutely no reason Disney would care about people importing Figuarts, it's all profit for them. Hasbro are the ones that could potentially take a loss and it wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to block sales considering the amount of high profile websites that covered the announcement of the Figuarts at pretty much the same time the Black Series figures were revealed, which look very poor in comparison (although in fairness, they're half the price).

But even in sites like Amiami stop allowing international orders (which I'd hope not, considering how harsh they are on customers cancelling) they can't do anything about middlemen services like Nippon Yassan sending them out to us.
Old September 8th, 2015, 03:36 PM #5983
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

If Hasbro wanted people to buy their product and not someone elses, they should actually make their product worth buying. The first Black Series figure I bought I returned after a day, which I've never done with any toy before, because of how disappointing it was, and they've only got worse since.
Old September 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM #5984
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Well... I'll say this much. The Black Series looks good for people without human heads. If you're troop building... the Black Series is actually not bad. I love the First Order Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren... but there's no human face to make it look bad. I will admit, the human Black Series figures... aside from maybe Han... are atrocious.
Old September 8th, 2015, 04:37 PM #5985
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

It's not even a question
Old September 8th, 2015, 04:51 PM #5986
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

But how would $40-50 6" action figures fare in the domestic market? Didn't the Red and Gold Shinkenger Figuarts rot on Toys R Us shelves? Granted, Star Wars is a whole different beast than Power Rangers, but the question still stands.
Old September 8th, 2015, 05:03 PM #5987
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

Jhiaxus wrote: View Post

But how would $40-50 6" action figures fare in the domestic market? Didn't the Red and Gold Shinkenger Figuarts rot on Toys R Us shelves? Granted, Star Wars is a whole different beast than Power Rangers, but the question still stands.
Depends. Like you said, it's Star Wars, but then again, the kids and parents would be aiming for the cheaper line anyways, since the Figuarts stuff would be too expensive and really isn't meant to be "played" with, I'd say. Plus safety issues and all that crap.

I don't think they'd do too bad though, via collectors and the like...but then I'm assuming that's the problem, as if they do sell, it's taking away from hasbro, or whoever's in charge.

It's... still a shame. That Luke picture above us captures it perfectly for why I want this line to continue. I'm fine with the troopers and droids from the Black Series (and in the case of Vader, he's actually bigger), but aside from that...at least it's not as bad as Sentai being MIA.
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:39 PM #5988
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

Star Wars sells, no matter the price, so they certainly wouldn't rot on shelves. Look at the price of things like the Millennium Falcon, or some of the LEGO sets, or the collectible lightsabers. Even the high end 12 inch figures that have domestic releases like Sideshow's sell, and they're upwards of $200 in the States. Even if Figuarts were just stocked by online suppliers, they'd be a guaranteed seller.
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:33 AM #5989
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

300 pages already???? Time for a new thread!

http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...25#post5014525
Closed