Home Menu

Menu

Old July 25th, 2017, 10:32 PM #381
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

I've beat Crash 1 (including DLC level) and 2 with ALL gems and relics. Working my way through Crash 3 currently

Breath of the Wild I've finished 2 dungeons and 20 shrines

FF12 just recruited Fran, Balthier and "Amalia." A little annoyed i don't have the gambits I want

I should really just focus on one game but they are all so fun
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 11:39 PM #382
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

FF12 is really good. I'm at the Stilshrine now. Wondering when I should go after other Espers. My main party of 3 is all lvl 30. I saw people on Gamefaqs talking about going after Addramelech at this point, so I tried, and got absolutely demolished. Wasn't even a fight.

Pissed me off, too, because most of the game is a total cakewalk for me right now. I might have spent too much time grinding for LP and gil in the Lhusu Mines lol.

Also stuck on a couple rare hunts. They're rated as lvl 40+, but their all that's available to me right now since I took care of the one in Jahara. Maybe I should port back to Rhabanastre and check the board in the pub...

Regarding job set up, I double dipped in a few classes. The guide said Machinist was basically worthless, and I just didn't see a use for Time Battlemage in my playstyle. My party is:

Vaan: Shikari/ Knight
Balthier: Archer/ White Battlemage
Fran: Red Battlemage/ Shikari
Basch: Uhlan / White Battlemage
Ashe: Knight/ Bushi
Penelo: Monk/ Black Battlemage

I figure that gives me a nice balance all around. 3 capable healers (which I plan on using the Knight job boards to supplement when I get the right espers), Balthier, Basch, Fran, and Penelo can all attack airborne enemies, and I can use Penelo and Fran for magic damage, though I much prefer melee.

My main 3 members are Fran, Basch, and I personally control Ashe. As far as I've seen, this is all her story, after all. I keep things mostly balanced out, level wise. My main party of only 5-6 levels ahead of the other 3.

The story's really good, but it's kinda freaking me out realizing just how much of 14's monster library was straight stolen from this lol.
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 02:57 AM #383
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

Gerky wrote: View Post

Didn't you just complain about obscure characters? Until the TV series premiers, the Runaways are (sadly) obscure. Same with the Young Avengers.
They're at least relatively modern and popular with comic fans. The casual fans may not know them, but isn't that better than characters that practically no one knows/cares about? Their raise to prominence with a sudden TV show is just another example of why they should have been included, since going back and playing as them now would have been fun for fans that didn't know them the fist time round.

Who does Forbrush Man appeal to? It might give a slight chuckle to the odd person who gets it, but my point was that there's a lot of more recent characters that were left out for the sake of these obscure jokes. It's safe to say he won't be making a sudden mainstream appearance anytime soon, and the amount of characters like that in the last game took away from the comedy of it.

It stops being funny when a good 25% of the roster is only there as a joke and I'll be annoyed if we're missing out on newer characters like Viv and Vin for this stuff again.
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 01:42 PM #384
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Random wrote: View Post

It stops being funny when a good 25% of the roster is only there as a joke and I'll be annoyed if we're missing out on newer characters like Viv and Vin for this stuff again.
But than on the other side of the coin in that case, with Vision already being in the game, we'd basically have THREE clone characters that do the same thing. I'm kinda mixed and can see the pros and cons though.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 07:31 PM #385
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

So apparently Walmart started the preorders too early for the SNES Classic, and started cancelling them en masse. So glad I've decided to stay away from that whole impending five alarm dumpster fire.
Crow T. Robot is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 02:55 PM #386
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

So we finally got the scoop today as to what the season pass is in Wolfenstein 2 when they confirmed it would still be stritcly a single player game. It seems to be a series of levels where you play as different characters and stories.

Wolfenstein II – The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass & Pre-order

The time has come to once again refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Nazis have overrun the world, and while BJ Blazkowicz is busy igniting a new revolution in America, other freedom fighters are waging war on their own fronts. Soon you can step into the brave soles of a former football player, an assassin and an Army captain, and battle to restore the soul of America in Wolfenstein II: The Freedom Chronicles. Starring a trio of larger-than-life heroes, The Freedom Chronicles includes three DLC packs:
  • The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe – As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!
  • The Diaries of Agent Silent Death – As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!
  • The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins – As the US Army’s renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!

All three DLC packs are included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, which is available for pre-order right now. The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass will be available as a separate purchase when the game launches, for $24.99 (US) / £17.99 (UK) / $34.95 (AUS). We’ll have more info soon, including release dates and additional gameplay details.

The Freedom Chronicles: Episode Zero

Of course, every great revolution has to start somewhere. And when it comes to the heroes of The Freedom Chronicles, it all begins in Episode Zero.

Episode Zero introduces you to Joseph Stallion, Jessica Valiant and Gerald Wilkins as they fight for freedom in the American Territories. Blast your way through Nazis using unique abilities and an arsenal of guns in this opening DLC mission.

Episode Zero is available as a special bonus for anyone who pre-orders Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Pre-order today to fight the Nazis on all fronts in The Freedom Chronicles: Episode Zero!

(Note: Episode Zero is also available in the Season Pass.)
Source.
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:40 AM #387
> jediranger
Power Ranger

jediranger
Power Ranger

So is Resident Evil Revelations the new Resident Evil 4 in that it's being ported to almost every system now? Just saw this tweet that Revelations is coming to PS4/XBone on August 29th and Switch will be getting a combo of Revelations 1 and 2 late 2017.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/892278997534429184

Will probably get this on Switch for Revelations 2, though I haven't even beaten Revelations even though I have it for 3DS. Though Revelations 2 isn't going to be on the cart, it will be a voucher for a download.
jediranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:15 AM #388
> Random
The Lizard Queen

Random
The Lizard Queen

StarTheFixer wrote: View Post

But than on the other side of the coin in that case, with Vision already being in the game, we'd basically have THREE clone characters that do the same thing. I'm kinda mixed and can see the pros and cons though.
Sure, but how many characters do we have that all just fire a gun or use hand to hand combat? They're all essentially "clones". I don't see how having more Visions would be any different than having multiple versions of Cap or Iron Man either and at least these are characters that are likely to appeal to people than the dozen variations of each type of grunt.

The Vision series was critically acclaimed is up for a number of awards, plus Viv is still appearing in Champions.
Random is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 06:18 PM #389
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Has anyone here played the Fifa Soccer games? Not really into sports games, but I've heard they're ok. Also heard like real-life soccer, some of the fanbase can be a little crazy.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 01:36 PM #390
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 10:04 PM #391
> CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

The Gaming Historian does it again...he`s right up there with Guru Larry as my favorite YouTube gaming personality
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2017, 10:06 PM #392
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

So, started getting into Elder Scrolls Legends. More fun than I thought it'd be. Anyone else play?
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:38 AM #393
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

CheckeredRanger wrote: View Post

The Gaming Historian does it again...he`s right up there with Guru Larry as my favorite YouTube gaming personality
I've just started watching his stuff and it really is a great channel. Fun and very interesting.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 11:36 PM #394
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Not a big fan of the new Xbox One dashboard update that started popping up for people in the preview program today. If you hated the new Hulu update....this is like it all over again to an extent.
Old August 11th, 2017, 12:08 AM #395
> jediranger
Power Ranger

jediranger
Power Ranger

Man, I can tell that the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy is going to frustrate me a ton. I haven't died this many times in a game in a long time.
Old August 11th, 2017, 01:10 AM #396
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

jediranger wrote: View Post

Man, I can tell that the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy is going to frustrate me a ton. I haven't died this many times in a game in a long time.
Exactly what I've been going through XD
Old August 11th, 2017, 01:20 AM #397
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

With the insane amount of success from the Crash trilogy, Activision said the door was defiantly opened for other remake collections down the road of previous games. A big contender that people are hoping/guessing would be the Spyro the Dragon trilogy. Sept 2018 would also just happen to be the 20th anniversary of the franchise. With the rumors making it more likely that the Crash trilogy is heading to Xbox One end of this year, I can only hope that this Spyro remake happens and comes to Xbox. I played the crap out of those games growing up beings they were some of the only games I had on my PS1 and usually not having money to buy new games.
Old August 11th, 2017, 01:37 AM #398
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

I didn't play spyro much, it didn't have much of an impact on me back in the day. Same can be said about Crash though. I'd definitely be interested in a collection of it .
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:36 AM #399
> Greensy Thunders
thwip thwip

Greensy Thunders
thwip thwip

Big free update in No Man's Sky today if anyone still plays that (I don't but might go back on to see what's new) with rudimentary multiplayer finally added.
Greensy Thunders is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:30 AM #400
> jediranger
Power Ranger

jediranger
Power Ranger

Zeo-Gold92 wrote: View Post

Exactly what I've been going through XD
I knew that the Crash games were going to be hard based off some comments I've seen on neogaf, but I wasn't expecting having to redo the same sections in some levels near a dozen times due to just barely missing a platform or not timing a spin right for an enemy.

Tags
video games