Home Menu

Menu

Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:32 PM #3481
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Since this is the video game thread, I thought this might be the best place here to mention that Shout! Factory will be releasing a collector's edition of The Wizard on Blu-ray some time next year. They announced it at SDCC last Saturday night.

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/sta...84115977994240
https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/ne...omic-con-2019/

Universal Home Video released it on Blu-ray last year, but it's a barbones release and is an MOD title, although Universal's MOD titles are actually pressed like normal Blu-rays and DVDs and not burned. Anyway, Shout! Factory should be able to do good things for this release since this year marks the movie's 30th anniversary, even though it's slated for release next year.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:46 PM #3482
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Tigran wrote: View Post

I really hate it when dlc stuff is OP.
Technically he's not OP, really. He's just the same level he'd be if you got him naturally.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 03:04 AM #3483
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Been playing a few hours of Wolfenstein Young Blood.....honestly I'm disappointed. I feel like this is almost a pay to win game. Yes you can unlock everything just from playing the game via ingame currency, but a lot of the levels it seems like everything always has a better weapon than you or more powerful. Granted I got the game for free with my saved up bing rewards I'd been hoarding for a month, but this is nowhere near the masterpiece of the last 3 Wolfenstein games.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 05:20 AM #3484
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

I wanna make a video game where, at the end, the hero gets with his love interest, and suddenly there's a quicktime prompt to live happily ever after. If you miss it, you get a lengthy cutscene of the relationship failing.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 26th, 2019, 06:27 AM #3485
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Kart racers that deserve a remaster/new game:
-Cartoon Network Racing
-Looney Tunes Racing
-Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour

Let's make this shit happen
Dead2009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 01:28 PM #3486
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

I saw yesterday that the old N64 classic Shadows of the Empire was being re-released in a special carded package similar to an action figure and a purple N64 cartridge........why can't they just release a remastered version of it. Surely they'd probably get more money for people that can play it today's systems over the few who may not have an old console anymore or have it packed up somewhere else due to not using it at the moment <_<
Old July 26th, 2019, 02:56 PM #3487
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

StarTheFixer wrote: View Post

Got done wit the final Atlantis DLC for AC: Odyssey. It made a little more sense now that you realized at the end that the whole "simulation" was in a sense Kassandra reliving Aletheia's memories much how Layla was viewing Kassandra's. Another mind blow there to think about. The ending of it when it got back to the modern day part left more to be desired though, and assuming the next game picks off where this does in the modern day (as how it did with continuing from Origins) anyone that didn't get the DLC is probably going to be confused,
I just got done with it a couple days ago. Yeah, when Aletheia starts explaining things... my mind went, "ohhhhh... tha what it was". Was taken aback with Juno appearing.

I did something stupid in the beginning and must have made the wrong choice during some conversation and ended up getting all the Archons killed... no matter what choice I gave to Atlas.

Also, did you do both the going through the door/saving the people in Deadly Little Secrets? That revelation was a little unnerving.

But I finished all the areas completely last night, Ostraka's included. Now I'm just working my way back though Greece. There's still some minor things I need to clean up. Still trying to get to level 99, only at 90 right now.

But it was a good game, probably now one of my, if not my favorite AC.

Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 09:05 PM #3488
> CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

Dead2009 wrote: View Post

-Cartoon Network Racing
-Looney Tunes Racing

I wish someone would pick up the Wacky Races license and do a new game
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 10:34 PM #3489
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Taichi wrote: View Post

I just got done with it a couple days ago. Yeah, when Aletheia starts explaining things... my mind went, "ohhhhh... tha what it was". Was taken aback with Juno appearing.

I did something stupid in the beginning and must have made the wrong choice during some conversation and ended up getting all the Archons killed... no matter what choice I gave to Atlas.

Also, did you do both the going through the door/saving the people in Deadly Little Secrets? That revelation was a little unnerving.]
I didn't actually "play it" but I have been watching some of the alternate choice things via youtube for this DLC series. Another little nod at the end of that DLC that a lot of people missed. Poseidon/Neptune's trident was a realic stated to be lost in many previous games during the first "disaster" (Atlantis). They took the time to show that Poseidon dropped it in the water and thats how it was lost, till it was revealed in Origins that Alexander The Great found it and used its power to win his victories, than he lost it and people kept passing down and acquiring the 3 prongs of the trident over the years. Neat that Ubi likes to further connect little details like that.

The fact that they left Otso Berg alive at the end of the modern day part is what convinces me we shouldn't rule out the next game being in the Viking era just yet. Its been established that he did use the Animus once and discovered he had Viking ancestors. I know the last big rumor was a hoax, but Ubi did actually drop a Assassin Viking easter egg in a recent rainbow six game and normally stuff like that isn't just done for the heck of it with them. I'd say either Viking or an Asian setting seem to be the two biggest contenders for the time line of the next game.
Old July 27th, 2019, 07:02 AM #3490
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Dead2009 wrote: View Post

-Cartoon Network Racing
-Looney Tunes Racing

Diddy Kong racing plz..
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 08:50 AM #3491
> HurricaneRed
Father, and a fan

HurricaneRed
Father, and a fan

Doom 1, 2, and 3 are now on Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One as of yesterday.

Doom 1 and 2 are $4.99
Doom 3 is $9.99
HurricaneRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 08:57 AM #3492
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

HurricaneRed wrote: View Post

Doom 1, 2, and 3 are now on Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One as of yesterday.

Doom 1 and 2 are $4.99
Doom 3 is $9.99
Oooh I missed out on Doom 3 when it was released on PS3, might be worth grabbing.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:00 AM #3493
> HurricaneRed
Father, and a fan

HurricaneRed
Father, and a fan

I never played Doom 3. I brought all 3 on PS4 last night. I got Doom 2 for Switch
HurricaneRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 05:07 PM #3494
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Getting more for my stepdad. Now to teach him on controls. (He's really a newb at controllers and prefers keyboard and pc.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2019, 09:54 AM #3495
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

AMERICAN DAD! APOCALYPSE SOON Mobile Video Game Announced For Release On October 8th
https://toonado.com/cartoons/america...ober-8th-a2832

I'd rather have something like this on PC TBH.
Dead2009 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2019, 09:20 PM #3496
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Well I gave up on Wolfenstein: Youngblood last night. When Old Blood was announced being a side story years ago for $20 I was pretty worried, than upon playing it was genuinely surprised at how long the game was and the amount of content it had for the price. With the other games being very enjoyable to me I was looking forward to this game. First off most of the levels are pretty much just re used over and over, the game actually seemed shorter than Old Blood despite being more expensive. The story was not very memorable, and than we came to find out that Terror Billy already killed Hittler before the timeline of this game? Wait a second? Wouldn't that had been something fun to see or play on Wolfenstein 3?! Theres rumors that supposedly it will feature Mecha Hittler, but still! One very annoying thing is that you cannot pause the game. I can understand if you are playing with a friend online, but in singe player all by yourself there is no reason why I should not be allowed to fully pause the game! I had several cases where I wanted to use the bathroom or take a short break to do something and couldn't do because of that. Another b.s. thing I found was you share lives with the A.I character if you're playing alone, if that person dies before you can revive them, you loose a life, even if your health is just fine. I had a couple instances towards the end where there was an obnoxious amount of the most difficult types of enemies at once and had to restart the level or check point I was at because of the A.I dying often and using up all the lives I had. I just gave up at the last boss because of that and watched the ending on youtube. Probably one of my most recent disappointments for a video game sadly. I hope for Wolfenstein 3 they don't carry over the multiplayer thing onto that.
Old July 28th, 2019, 10:44 PM #3497
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Yeah, I've been hearing that Youngblood is there as the weakest entry of Machine Games-Wolfenstein. That it's following the trend of decreasing quality starting with New Colossus.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2019, 11:57 PM #3498
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

TeraMan wrote: View Post

Yeah, I've been hearing that Youngblood is there as the weakest entry of Machine Games-Wolfenstein. That it's following the trend of decreasing quality starting with New Colossus.
See I didn't have a problem with New Colossus. Was it perfect? No, but in my opinion I found the series of rebooted Wolfenstein games to be some of the better and most fun single player shooters I've played in the last few years. Thats why I was so hyped for Young Blood because I couldn't wait to jump back in the game. Sadly I was left crushed.
Old July 29th, 2019, 08:10 AM #3499
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Wolfenstein is definitely starting to adopt some of the more reviled elements of modern FPS games.... Then again, one could argue that it started with the prior games. Either way, if they happened to do it again, they’re screwed.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 08:17 AM #3500
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Youngblood had the chance to be something unique and new. Something that could have started a trend. Yet from what I see is that it lacks what it needs for that trend. You own a game and friend can join your game and play with you. Awesome. Microtranscations wouldn't be a bad thing if there was more solid content.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
video games