Home Menu

Menu

Old July 1st, 2017, 10:05 PM #261
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Toddler Naruto wrote: View Post

I honestly don't know a thing about Ninjago. Never watched the cartoon series.

You're not gonna buy Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Agents of Mayhem, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Knack II, or Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite?

I'm personally excited for Uncharted and Marvel vs Capcom.
From what I was reading online anyways, the lego ninjago movie is supposed to be a different take of the cartoon, almost a different universe if I read it correctly? So I guess I'm ok with not watching the cartoon.

And honestly not really interested in any of those series. All I want is AC: Origins, Far Cry, Wolfenstein 2, and the lego games. Those will keep me happy and busy for awhile
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:09 PM #262
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

CheckeredRanger wrote: View Post

If you haven`t already,I recommend you play the game in Universe Mode.You can book yourself to be champion and bury everyone else in the game

I do it all the time
Eh. Put in for a refund. I was mostly interested in the women and a couple classic wrestlers. The wrestling itself was fun, but the inability to make a girl for career mode really killed it for me.

Without that, the only appeal the game really had for me was using Ultimate Warrior and Paige to fight everyone in singles matches. The lack of intergender matches also really hurt. Meant Paige only had like, 10 other women to fight, compared to the well over 100 for men.

Yeah I know it wouldn't work in real life, with the reliance on lifting overhead and stuff, but this is a video game.

Not a big graphics whore, but the game's pretty ugly, too. Basically everyone looks like an upscaled PS2 model.
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:25 PM #263
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

kainhighwind2 wrote: View Post

Not a big graphics whore, but the game's pretty ugly, too. Basically everyone looks like an upscaled PS2 model.
That's basically because they have been using the exact same models since the PS2.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:39 PM #264
> Kid Boruto
Playful Explorer

Kid Boruto
Playful Explorer

StarTheFixer wrote: View Post

From what I was reading online anyways, the lego ninjago movie is supposed to be a different take of the cartoon, almost a different universe if I read it correctly? So I guess I'm ok with not watching the cartoon.

And honestly not really interested in any of those series. All I want is AC: Origins, Far Cry, Wolfenstein 2, and the lego games. Those will keep me happy and busy for awhile
That's a relief. I may eventually give the cartoon a chance if I like the movie and game.

You don't care for Uncharted or Marvel/Capcom? To each their own I guess ^_^.

At least we both equally share a passion for Assassin's Creed and LEGO games .
Kid Boruto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 11:05 PM #265
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

WhiteMystechRanger wrote: View Post

That's basically because they have been using the exact same models since the PS2.
It's a shame, because the wrestling was really fun, and looked to have a lot of depth.

I also didn't care for the submission mini-game, but that's a nitpick, really.

It's just a couple bits short of being that kind of game I could play and screw around with for dozens of hours on end. It's just missing those key things that stop me from getting invested. Like a pole vaulter getting a perfect leap, and tripping over the bar.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 02:44 AM #266
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

I havent played a wrestling game since the PS2 era. I think it was the legends game. I forget which one exactly. I had a lot of fun with it.
Zeo-Gold92 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 08:36 PM #267
> jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

Turns out I had close to 10,000 Microsoft Rewards points, so I used them for a bunch of entries into their monthly sweepstakes for a free Xbox One S. If I win, it will mark the first time I've owned all 3 major consoles in the same generation.

Though I'm not sure how much I'd actually use it. My PS4 is currently in storage, I hadn't touched it in months prior to getting my Switch, which is currently taking up all my time for gaming. The Xbox One S would have a better chance of staying out, at least, since it has an HDMI input port allowing it to run through the cable box. And I have to give Microsoft a lot of credit for that. Having to switch cables out every time I wanted to play on a different system is a large part of the reason my PS4 is currently in storage. Little things like that can go a long way.

Though I still don't know when I'd actually play it, as the Switch has all my attention right now. I'm 100+ hours in on Breath of the Wild and still haven't finished, Splatoon 2 drops later this month, there's Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS, Mario + Rabbids next month, Mario Odyssey in October, and Disgaea 5 Complete, which I haven't yet picked up, but plan to.

As much as I'd like to play games like Dishonored 2 or NHL 18, I simply don't have enough time. Though at least I could honestly say I own all 3 systems if I happen to win. That would be pretty neat.
jaguarranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 08:46 PM #268
> CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

CheckeredRanger
4000 posts of nothing

Bought Mighty Gunvolt Burst for 3DS.I hereby declare that Inti Creates is officially my new favorite third party publisher/developer in gaming right now
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:53 PM #269
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

So, games I picked up in the Steam sale:

Transformers: Devastation
Bastard Bonds
Fallout 4
Endless Legend (and all DLC)
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition

All good games. I have DW8 on my Vita, but it'll be nice to play it on a nice PC monitor.

I also have FO4 on PS4, but it'll be nice for unrestricted mod usage. Not too bothered about any of its addons.

Last edited by kainhighwind2; July 3rd, 2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old July 4th, 2017, 06:09 AM #270
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

So, games I picked up in the Steam sale:

Transformers: Devastation
Bastard Bonds
Fallout 4
Endless Legend (and all DLC)
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition

All good games. I have DW8 on my Vita, but it'll be nice to play it on a nice PC monitor.

I also have FO4 on PS4, but it'll be nice for unrestricted mod usage. Not too bothered about any of its addons.
Mine:

BroForce
Castle Crashers
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows-Mirror of Fate
Dust
Injustice
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 08:01 AM #271
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

Virus wrote: View Post

Mine:

BroForce
Castle Crashers
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows-Mirror of Fate
Dust
Injustice
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
Good stuff! I sunk so many hours in MK on my 360 back in the day.

By Dust, I assume you mean An Elysian Tail? If so, it's really, really good. Made by one man, and a fantastic Metroidvania style game, with a bit of DMC/Bayonetta spectacle fighter in there.
Old July 4th, 2017, 08:52 AM #272
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Good stuff! I sunk so many hours in MK on my 360 back in the day.

By Dust, I assume you mean An Elysian Tail? If so, it's really, really good. Made by one man, and a fantastic Metroidvania style game, with a bit of DMC/Bayonetta spectacle fighter in there.
I do. I haven't got to it yet. Still playing BroForce
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 11:56 AM #273
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

I only got a steam link through the sale.
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 12:00 PM #274
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

jaguarranger wrote: View Post

Turns out I had close to 10,000 Microsoft Rewards points, so I used them for a bunch of entries into their monthly sweepstakes for a free Xbox One S. If I win, it will mark the first time I've owned all 3 major consoles in the same generation.
I use all my Bing points for Gamestop cards haha. Since I've started, I've used it to practically pay off all of the main Pokémon titles since ORAS
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 04:44 PM #275
> jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

I took my PS4 out of storage today, and honestly, it might be going straight back. I thought it would be exciting, a fresh start, and I was playing Dishonored 2, the sequel to one of my favorite games from last-gen. But honestly, the whole experience kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. From the hassle of getting a new account set up, to having to wait forever for the game to update, and on top of all that, it just wasn't fun.

I think maybe after experiencing the pure, unadulturated freedom and fun the Switch has to offer, that maybe I can't go back to Playstation or Xbox.
Old July 4th, 2017, 05:12 PM #276
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Considering Switch still feels kind of bare bones and still has baffling design choices on stuff Sony and Microsoft awhile ago...nah, PS4 and Xbox One still have a place for me.

Especially with the games I really don't want to play on PC.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 06:15 PM #277
> jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

Considering Switch still feels kind of bare bones and still has baffling design choices on stuff Sony and Microsoft awhile ago...nah, PS4 and Xbox One still have a place for me.

The Switch is indeed bare-bones in some aspects, and it remains to be seen exactly how well its paid network performs, though I'm cautiously optimistic. That being said, it's got the fun factor in spades, something that I just haven't gotten from Xbox or Playstation in quite some time. I played my 360 for years but eventually burned out on shooter games, and my PS4 was fun for a while, but I hadn't touched it in months prior to getting my Switch. There's a reason I put it in storage. And based on my experiences today, it seems like that was where it needed to stay.

Who knows? Maybe at some point I'll try again and have a more enjoyable experience. Or perhaps the XB1 or Steam would be a better solution for a second game system. But with everything being pumped out for the Switch that I want to play, not sure I'd have time for a second one anyway.
Old July 4th, 2017, 07:53 PM #278
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

Yeah, while I do appreciate some of the stuff the Switch does, even if I could get past my self-imposed boycott of Nintendo I still would have trouble dropping money on it right now.
Crow T. Robot is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 08:44 PM #279
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

jaguarranger wrote: View Post

The Switch is indeed bare-bones in some aspects, and it remains to be seen exactly how well its paid network performs, though I'm cautiously optimistic. That being said, it's got the fun factor in spades, something that I just haven't gotten from Xbox or Playstation in quite some time. I played my 360 for years but eventually burned out on shooter games, and my PS4 was fun for a while, but I hadn't touched it in months prior to getting my Switch. There's a reason I put it in storage. And based on my experiences today, it seems like that was where it needed to stay.

Who knows? Maybe at some point I'll try again and have a more enjoyable experience. Or perhaps the XB1 or Steam would be a better solution for a second game system. But with everything being pumped out for the Switch that I want to play, not sure I'd have time for a second one anyway.
See that's the thing:

There really isn't a whole lot on the Switch right now that I'm interested in right now.

We either have stuff I'm just flt out not interested in period no matter how much of a good game my friends and peers say it is (ARMS, Splatoon 2), stuff I'm kinda digging but not REALLY hyped for (Mario + Rabbids, Super Mario Odyssey), or just ports of existing games you can get elsewhere (Mario Kart 8 DX, Pokken Tournament DX, the majority of the Switch eShop).

And the stuff that I AM hyped for...is stuff that's so far off in the future and is stuff that has essentially no concrete information for (Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem 2018, "Pikmin 4").

Granted as the years have gone by, it's becoming more clear to me that when it comes to RB, it just looks like I'm a different type of Nintendo fan then most of the Nintendo fans that come here.

It is what it is. And what it is is that I have a hunk of plastic that I've been using...slightly below moderately.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 11:16 PM #280
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Upon a long-overdue replay, I can confirm what the critics said: Batman: Arkham City is the greatest superhero game ever made. And Superman for the Nintendo 64 is still the worst.

Last edited by GetTheeToABrewery; July 4th, 2017 at 11:26 PM.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
video games