Menu

Closed

Old November 13th, 2017, 02:46 PM #4821
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

PR 4ever wrote: View Post

Just went into my local Walgreens which has never had a legacy figure and all of a sudden i spotted a blue and black space ranger figure.was shocked but too bad i already have them. I haven’t seen any of wave 3 other than MMPR yellow in the stores before
Bandai is probably using Walgreens as a dumping ground for all the
Wave 3 cases in their warehouse.

Is is possible that they finally ran out of MMPR White and Yellow cases
and moved on to In Space Black, Blue and Pink ones?
Old November 13th, 2017, 04:37 PM #4822
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

The GameStop out in Sandusky, OH, has the Space Rangers on the shelf at their regular price. I, instead, opted to snag the one and only Mint Berry Crunch Funko figure that they had, after scouring through four shelves full of random figures to find it. I also found the Red and Yellow "teleporting" figures there and a handful of Movie Rangers, but I didn't pick any of them up.
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:01 PM #4823
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

MarkKing wrote: View Post

I am still looking for the Metallic Rangers...since September.

Space Rangers, never spotted them...actually I spotted the Red at TRU once.

All my TRU's are clogged with the movie figures. I assume TRU wants to clear them ASPA....but like put them on discount and move on.
Yeah the TRU I am working at has two full pegs of legacy movie figs plus SIX more full cases of them. They are going to have to do something drastic to get rid of them.
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:15 PM #4824
> Nendoramachine
Certified Crimson Creep

Nendoramachine
Certified Crimson Creep

MarkKing wrote: View Post

All my TRU's are clogged with the movie figures. I assume TRU wants to clear them ASPA....but like put them on discount and move on.
I currently work at a TRU for the holidays and have been keeping tabs on store inventory legacy-wise. From the beginning of my work, store shelves had nothing but Movie figures, NS Yellow and Blue, and one lone Space Black.

Last week they added to the pegs... more Ninja Storm wave 1, blue + yellow.

This week, they cracked open a new case... more Movie figures.

Can't wait for Black Friday. Maybe these figures will finally get eaten up.

NUMBERONEJD wrote: View Post

Do we have an idea on when the next wave of legacy figures will be released? I'm trying to see if I should save my toys r us coupon or not
Speaking with personal experience, use that coupon, dude. If it's the one from the big book, it'll expire before anything good comes out, and TRU won't see anything new legacy-wise until the old stock is cleared out.
Old November 13th, 2017, 09:28 PM #4825
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Yeah the TRU I am working at has two full pegs of legacy movie figs plus SIX more full cases of them. They are going to have to do something drastic to get rid of them.
Particularly, at their expense, the movie items. Oh, they were hoping the movie would be big to shill out $100 movie helmet and coins. The $80 Megazord. The $20 Legacy Alpha that they hoped would be riding on the Megazord part alone. Nope.

If anything would have dampened a sequel, this immense backlog should have been.
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:51 AM #4826
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Well the movie stuff sold well to the people who actually cared about the movie, however there was not nearly enough of us to justify ordering the amount of stock they did. Or to make a sequel apparently.
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:37 AM #4827
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Yeah, I think we can all safely say the movie and all related merchandise was
a huge FAIL for the franchise, as a whole.

Either that, or it showed just how niche the group of people who are still fans
of Power Rangers really is, numbers-wise.

Hopefully Christmas will clear all the garbage off the shelves, but even
that is not a given, considering that a lot of Walmarts are sitting on
stockpiles of Movie Morphers they cannot give away at $10.00.

Think about it this way…
When is the last time a Bandai MORPHER has shelf warmed for so long?
Old November 14th, 2017, 12:52 PM #4828
> GalaxyGlider
Power Ranger

GalaxyGlider
Power Ranger

Last edited by GalaxyGlider; December 28th, 2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:36 PM #4829
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay

Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

Think about it this way…
I would agree. Positive opinions aside, I agree that neither the movie or toys performed well in the states. It also didnt help that the movie zords were competing with voltron lions either. The female 5" figures were off, but I believe bandai said saban changed concept art after the initial designs were changed? I would say the legendary morpher, but even I bought one. Full price didnt suck so bad with that one, but I couldnt justify 25 for the movie one; it just didnt do much. With SMF, DC and NS, the morpher has plenty of sounds, but the movie one made, what, one?
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:44 PM #4830
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Think about it this way…
Yeah I knew the movie was going to be a tough sell. It was PG-13 so most of the kids who watch the show didn't see it, which also pretty much doomed the toy line, and it wasn't enough like the original show for purely nostalgia driven viewers to go see it. So considering the relatively small group that was left I think it performed pretty darn well.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:50 PM #4831
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Falcon6 wrote: View Post

I would agree. Positive opinions aside, I agree that neither the movie or toys performed well in the states. It also didnt help that the movie zords were competing with voltron lions either. The female 5" figures were off, but I believe bandai said saban changed concept art after the initial designs were changed? I would say the legendary morpher, but even I bought one. Full price didnt suck so bad with that one, but I couldnt justify 25 for the movie one; it just didnt do much. With SMF, DC and NS, the morpher has plenty of sounds, but the movie one made, what, one?
That was probably one of the biggest issues with the Movie Morpher,
it seemed like it was just phoned in, design-wise.

The coins looked decent, but the functionality and design of the morpher
was just so-so.
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:17 PM #4832
> Ranger4612
Power Ranger

Ranger4612
Power Ranger

That was probably one of the biggest issues with the Movie Morpher,
it seemed like it was just phoned in, design-wise.

The coins looked decent, but the functionality and design of the morpher
was just so-so.
I think that stemmed largely from the lack of actual morpher functionality in the movie itself, they just didn't have any gimmicks that they could incorporate. I would have preferred an always on LED mode, where you could display it with the coin actually revealed instead of only briefly seeing it after cranking on that lever. But other than that, I can't think of any other features that would've made sense.
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:23 PM #4833
> GoldBlade6
Power Ranger

GoldBlade6
Power Ranger

The movie stuff looked like a drab, gray mess. For the uninitiated, who could tell what the heck those "zords" even were of? The designs were ugly. Minimal paint. Minimal action features. The morpher wasn't even used in the movie, and it's basically just a hunk of gray that lights up in the middle, and for what it does, it is unnecessarily bulky. The Legacy 6" movie figures and Target's metallic-y set were the best things to come out of this movie.
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:33 PM #4834
> mjt2
Quark tastic

mjt2
Quark tastic

All of the official movie toys look like dollar store knock offs made of toxic plastic.
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:39 PM #4835
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

Are they really THAT set on doing MMPR so long that they won't finally just do Shogun Megazord just to use that as an excuse to not get out of that line so they have something to go back to later on?
Yeah, forget Tor, Serpenterra, or Ninjor. If we get Shogun Megazord out of the way now, we'll either have to move on to Zeo, or rerelease everything in black, and we know fans will get tired of that.
Seems they really don't want to do deluxe megazords anymore. Just everything else they can possibly think tank to keep MMPR going for 20 more years. Seriously tho, can't we get a little glimmer of other seasons to go along with the Super Sentai releases?
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:02 PM #4836
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

I think the movie toys personally were terrible. The ranger figures look like those bootleg toys you get at swap meets. The rangers had No weapons or accesories, bad paint apps, the helmets lack any real detail, Megazord was just a huge ugly gray brick, triceratops and mastodon were weird bug hybrids, etc. so many reasons why those toys failed. Look at that movie morpher. Bland, bland bland all around. They tried too hard to be different from the show and failed.
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:27 PM #4837
> NeoPhoenix86
Power Ranger

NeoPhoenix86
Power Ranger

The movie toys were just so poorly done. I'm not going to rehash what everyone said, since its all been covered, However, this was kind of a slap in the face to the brand. The standard figures and zords for the shows displayed higher quality than they did. You would think that they would have put in more effort for something that was a higher end movie line.

To be fair though, they really didn't have much to work with in the movie designs themselves. Both the suits and zords had so much detail/complexity in them that it would have been difficult to produce something that was passable in quality and could still be in the price range for kids. At least based on Bandai's current manufacturing standards.
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:53 PM #4838
> Xenotome
💎💎Naga Bae💎💎

Xenotome
💎💎Naga Bae💎💎

From the way the toys turned out it screamed to me that Lionsgate did not consult Bandai at all in the design process. Had they I think they would off stressed the importance of the combiner aspect of the Megazord because apparently in the original cut of the movie the zords fell into the pit, touched the Zeo Crystal, and out came the Megazord fully formed. It was only later that test audience didn't like that that they added the glimpse of transformation even if the design didn't really do much make it appear as a combiner.

I just don't think Lionsgate gave a shit on that end because likely the only people seeing toy money were Saban & Bandai. I think Bandai as co-owner really should of stepped their foot in and stood their ground as co-owners of the franchise the same way Hasbro does with Transformers.
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:48 PM #4839
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

Frankly, for the Megazord's look, I'm accepting the idea that similarly to how the Zords originally formed to look like the mightiest creatures on Earth, they now reformed once again, as now Goldar was the mightiest creature on Earth - it would explain the overall design similarities and I've heard it's actually said pretty outright in the novel.

As for the overall movie toys - to each their own. I quite like the basic 5" Action Heroes, especially with the paint job from the Target 6-pack. I loved those so much I went out of my way to track down Rita and Alpha too. And the Rita figure looks quite decent in photos (mine isn't with me yet).

Both Megazords were a mess - one was flimsy and expensive, the other one lacked articulation. But they both did something great and that's having figures to be put in the cockpits - I love that!

The morpher I still think is pretty good. Not at it's original price, but for a discounted one - I'd say it's worth the purchase. I love the lights and the camera shutter effect and the power coins are also quite decent. It's perfect for somebody who's not willing to fork out 100$ for the coins, but would still like to have them.

Last edited by Red Dino Ranger; November 14th, 2017 at 11:57 PM.
Old November 15th, 2017, 04:40 AM #4840
> Space-blue
Power Ranger

Space-blue
Power Ranger

Target.com has the metallic rangers right now. Hurry before they sell out!!!! Just got the last one I needed.
Closed