Home Menu

Menu

Old Today, 06:58 PM #2881
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

So I was thinking about that team up...

So I know we have some Dino Charge Rangers, we have ASJ, we have reportedly no Dino Thunder Rangers and the rest of Dino Charge & MMPR to fill out...

So hear me out... Morphin Grid fuckery. I don't think they'd go as far just faking voices for the Rangers who aren't involved, but instead... it's the Beast Morphers character imbued with Dinosaur powers. Devon, Ravi, Zoe as Dino Thunder. Ben as MMPR Yellow & Betty as DC Pink. Shaw as MMPR Pink, Nate as MMPR Blue & Steel as MMPR Black. Then someone else as DC Green.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 07:08 PM #2882
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

So I know we have some Dino Charge Rangers, we have ASJ, we have reportedly no Dino Thunder Rangers and the rest of Dino Charge & MMPR to fill out...
https://i.imgur.com/bpHiWpi.png
So hear me out... Morphin Grid fuckery. I don't think they'd go as far just faking voices for the Rangers who aren't involved, but instead... it's the Beast Morphers character imbued with Dinosaur powers. Devon, Ravi, Zoe as Dino Thunder. Ben as MMPR Yellow & Betty as DC Pink. Shaw as MMPR Pink, Nate as MMPR Blue & Steel as MMPR Black. Then someone else as DC Green.
The Sentai used voices. And they have the voice cast from Battle for the Grid if they really wanted to use them for MMPR. That would just leave Dino Thunder
TyrannoRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 07:12 PM #2883
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

I don't remember character or actor names, but we got Dino Thunder White back once, and wasn't it spoilered that Dino Thunder Blue was a possibility?

Definite no to Black, and I doubt we'll see Red or Yellow ever again.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 07:21 PM #2884
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

The Sentai used voices. And they have the voice cast from Battle for the Grid if they really wanted to use them for MMPR. That would just leave Dino Thunder
Sentai does a lot of things that Power Rangers doesn't, but if they're able to get the actual cast to voice them uncredited mazel tov, but for the show I don't want replacements who don't sound anything like them. That's fine for ancillary projects like the game, but for a main production of the TV show that you have ASJ present in person for, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to surround him by only voices and voices that aren't even his actual cast mates.
Old Today, 07:32 PM #2885
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

Sentai does a lot of things that Power Rangers doesn't, but if they're able to get the actual cast to voice them uncredited mazel tov, but for the show I don't want replacements who don't sound anything like them. That's fine for ancillary projects like the game, but for a main production of the TV show that you have ASJ present in person for, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to surround him by only voices and voices that aren't even his actual cast mates.
I agree with you but
I'd prefer that to having new people don the suits.

It's entirely possible the rest of the cast can do their voices from the States and just not appear in person (except Yellow obviously.) I'm holding out for that possibility
TyrannoRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 08:05 PM #2886
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

I don't think they'd go as far just faking voices for the Rangers who aren't involved, but instead... it's the Beast Morphers character imbued with Dinosaur powers. Devon, Ravi, Zoe as Dino Thunder. Ben as MMPR Yellow & Betty as DC Pink. Shaw as MMPR Pink, Nate as MMPR Blue & Steel as MMPR Black. Then someone else as DC Green.
Wow, that's the biggest no I think I've ever felt.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old Today, 08:21 PM #2887
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

I dunno, Japanese fandom is way more obsessed with voice acting than the American side. You're right about Power Rangers historically making more of an attempt during the show, versus side projects. I was recently rewatching Super Legends' cutscenes, and it was jarring how few characters sound like their TV counterparts.

It would be smart for Hasbro to find evergreen voice actors for the MMPR. There are so many skilled impressionists. Cast for all six, and lock them in for future projects, including animation.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 08:38 PM #2888
> Elephant
Blue Blitz Ranger, GO!

Elephant
Blue Blitz Ranger, GO!

https://i.imgur.com/bpHiWpi.png
I don't think that's going to happen. Some of the missing Rangers can just do ADR in post production. If Kevin Duhaney isn't there I'm positive he would do ADR if he was asked. They just won't take their helmets off like Scott in Clash. For the ones that they couldn't get to appear or do ADR, they could just use archive sound clips of them fighting.

People won't care if Riley's fighting grunts are recycled from a Dino Charge episode and I'm sure they have all those clips available to them. They might still have Dino Thunder's, but probably not MMPR's which might get tricky for the other MMPR Rangers.

Yellow would have to be Aisha but I'm not sure how the fans would feel about that after "The Order" situation, Black would have to be Adam because Walter's Union. They got Kat back for DiD so I guess they could do it here too. Billy would be tricky since there was only one Blue MMPR and I'm not sure if Yost would do that. It would be a strange mixture of people who started with the first episode and people who joined later, but based on the circumstances, they don't have a choice.

At a very, very last resort, they could get voice actors to emulate the voices. But people will find it insulting if they're not 100% perfect.
Elephant is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 09:31 PM #2889
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

AdamN wrote: View Post

Steel-Teen? We will go the sceme with ranger turned into younger/kid-self again? We just had Levi episode last season.
I predict a plot where Steel tries to turn human or there's a Morph X based accident and it messes with his DNA and transforms him all the way human, only as a teenager. Potentially, splitting him into three, the human, the bug, and a robot, and they have to put him together again in order to morph and save Nate.

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

Betty reaches in and grabs a green power star.

Making the rumor we heard true
I guarantee that by the end of the series, Ben and Betty will have morphed at least once. Most likely involving a take on the alternate dimension Go-busters episode.

It's going to be all original footage, though. They don't really have to worry about finding voices if they only use who comes back in the end.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 09:44 PM #2890
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I guarantee that by the end of the series, Ben and Betty will have morphed at least once.
That's what we said about
Bulk being ShinkenBrown...
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:13 PM #2891
> Elephant
Blue Blitz Ranger, GO!

Elephant
Blue Blitz Ranger, GO!

It's going to be all original footage, though. They don't really have to worry about finding voices if they only use who comes back in the end.
Why wouldn't they use footage from the Sentai special? Plus, Triptoids will appear in original footage, so even if none of the Dino Thunder actors are returning in person, Dino Thunder will be involved in some capacity.
Old Today, 10:17 PM #2892
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Elephant wrote: View Post

Why wouldn't they use footage from the Sentai special? Plus, Triptoids will appear in original footage, so even if none of the Dino Thunder actors are returning in person, Dino Thunder will be involved in some capacity.
The first roadblock is Snide, who exists separate from Zeltrax. The second roadblock is DinoThunder. The concept is stronger than the useable Sentai footage. Who knows, maybe we'll get a few quick scenes, or some really detailed masking. It's happened before!
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 PM #2893
> Elephant
Blue Blitz Ranger, GO!

Elephant
Blue Blitz Ranger, GO!

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

The first roadblock is Snide, who exists separate from Zeltrax. The second roadblock is DinoThunder. The concept is stronger than the useable Sentai footage. Who knows, maybe we'll get a few quick scenes, or some really detailed masking. It's happened before!
Even disregarding the Sentai footage there's a lot of roadblocks putting this episode or special together. I'm really curious to see how it all plays out especially from a production standpoint.
Old Today, 10:34 PM #2894
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Elephant wrote: View Post

Because, honestly, most of the footage is unusable for a Go-busters adaptation. It's really a Dino Sentai team up movie, the Go-busters are almost an afterthought and most of their screen time is unmorphed unusable footage.

It's also kind of been standard practice to shoot team ups as all original even if there is a sentai movie to work with. Clash used the footage out of cost saving and Tzachor laziness, DiD used footage that wasn't even crossover related, I could see them using the Dino War as inspiration, but I imagine given a budget to work with, Chip's going to go full original to get the job done. BM has already been heavy on original footage to begin with.

It is possible they'll use some footage, as most of the team up stuff is just red rangers at first. But it would be easier to just use original footage to avoid missing actors in the end.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:45 PM #2895
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Because, honestly, most of the footage is unusable for a Go-busters adaptation. It's really a Dino Sentai team up movie, the Go-busters are almost an afterthought and most of their screen time is unmorphed unusable footage.

It's also kind of been standard practice to shoot team ups as all original even if there is a sentai movie to work with. Clash used the footage out of cost saving and Tzachor laziness, DiD used footage that wasn't even crossover related, I could see them using the Dino War as inspiration, but I imagine given a budget to work with, Chip's going to go full original to get the job done. BM has already been heavy on original footage to begin with.

It is possible they'll use some footage, as most of the team up stuff is just red rangers at first. But it would be easier to just use original footage to avoid missing actors in the end.

They're not roping in Dino Thunder elements for no reason. That finale is getting used because otherwise there is literally no reason to be going through the effort that they've done. That fight is literally the only reason that team up even matters. The rest is fluff. If anything everything prior to it can go in the trash and they could just refilm what they need to, but the final 10 minutes is that movie. Why even pay for it and footage match otherwise?