RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old September 23rd, 2017, 11:07 AM   #21
Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Mefista wrote: View Post

I am still mad at Arrow for mangling Murmur so bad (and for putting him there in the first place, cause he is the Flash's villain).He is one of my faves ><
I never felt like Murmur really fit as a Flash villain in the comics. He's just a guy with a knife. Compared to the fastest man alive, that doesn't amount to much.
Bluecatcinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 01:31 PM   #22
Mefista
I hate fujoshi

Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

I never felt like Murmur really fit as a Flash villain in the comics. He's just a guy with a knife. Compared to the fastest man alive, that doesn't amount to much.
Well,yeah,but he is supposed to be very clever and hard to kill.Also,if memory serves,during his cameo in older issue of All-new Atom, where "sci-fi" villains fought "supernatural" ones, he was on supernatural side (tho colorist managed to color him Riddler's colors). I think he was supposed to be somewhat significant, just wasn't popular enough and ended being reduced to cameos and stuff. It is infuriating how often it happens with my faves.
Besides, his original design was awesome and they atleast could've made the version from the show look like that.
Mefista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #23
Miraculous Bikkun
俺はここにいる!!

I meant to say before - Any mod watching this thread can feel free to edit the first post as needed. I'm not terribly good at first post stuff. XD
Miraculous Bikkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 03:29 AM   #24
blurredlights
Completely Undone

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Now all we need is Malcolm Merlyn to hit on The Ray

"Going my way?"
Haha. I understood this reference.
blurredlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:27 AM   #25
SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

Linkara wrote: View Post

Well, if it's anything like the original Multiverse (and it seems like a good bet given the symbol on Earth-X's Flash), Earth-X is a world where the Nazis won World War II. It became the home of the Quality Comics stable of characters, including Uncle Sam, the Freedom Fighters, the Ray, and a few others.

I admit I don't watch any of the DC TV shows... buuuut this might be the thing that finally brings me into it.
They're doing an Animated show on CW Seed called Freedom Fighters: The Ray soon which in hindsight was probably always intended as a Tie-In.

So excited for this. I love big crazy crossovers like this and I hope that Supergirl actually has a Damn role this time. Stephen Amell calling it a "4-Hour movie" fills me with some hope nobody gets short changed.
SonicBlueRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 05:01 PM   #26
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

So excited for this. I love big crazy crossovers like this and I hope that Supergirl actually has a Damn role this time. Stephen Amell calling it a "4-Hour movie" fills me with some hope nobody gets short changed.
They already said that Supergirl not only has a role, but her episode has an actual place in the crossover this time. It's going to be a true 4 part crossover, not a 3 parter with a small teaser at the end of a fourth to intro the 3 parter.
GalaxyRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #27
Virus
Power Ranger

Didn't they say that this crossover would be a game changer for all the shows?
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 07:47 AM   #28
RJranger
Power Ranger

ive only seen pics of this crossover on superhero hype
is black lightning involved at all? if not, probably didnt wanna risk using him the way they did supergirl last year
RJranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:03 AM   #29
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

RJranger wrote: View Post

ive only seen pics of this crossover on superhero hype
is black lightning involved at all? if not, probably didnt wanna risk using him the way they did supergirl last year
Black Lightning is not part of the universe for its first season, and might stay that way, so no he's not going to be in it.
GalaxyRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #30
Green Goblin
remember 12-14-12

Which I think is a big loss
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #31
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Green Goblin wrote: View Post

Which I think is a big loss
How so? We haven't even met him yet.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #32
Miraculous Bikkun
俺はここにいる!!

I really wish we could let a show be its own thing. Does it HAVE to be part of a bigger thing? Does it need it? Really? I was never a fan of the loud screams that Supergirl had to connect with Arrowverse either. It's not like it actually helped any of the shows aside from Grant and Melissa having great chemistry.
Old October 8th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #33
Ankh Primo

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

Does it HAVE to be part of a bigger thing?
According to every new movie being planned for some cinematic universe, yes.
Old October 8th, 2017, 05:14 PM   #34
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

I really wish we could let a show be its own thing. Does it HAVE to be part of a bigger thing? Does it need it? Really? I was never a fan of the loud screams that Supergirl had to connect with Arrowverse either. It's not like it actually helped any of the shows aside from Grant and Melissa having great chemistry.
But look at the situation. You have CW with three DC shows all set in the same universe, and Supergirl in the collective multiverse. So suddenly introducing another DC hero show and not having it be a part of it is jarring and just odd. Now, I'm not saying Black Lightning needs to be in the crossover at all, and he doesn't need to encounter Arrow or Flash, or maybe Supergirl in the beginnings of his adventure. But I don't think it would be a big deal for them to just say, 'Yeah, it takes place in Earth-1 or Earth...whatever one Supergirl is in I forget. But he's still really his own thing, so don't expect interactions with the greater heroverse.'

He could basically be the DC version of Marvel's Netflix shows. They exist in the great MCU, but their interaction is minimal; mentioning of big events, characters, etc etc. But otherwise they're their own thing. I think it'd be fine if BL was like that. It exists, but still keeps to itself. But I think if they just purposely make it a show unto itself it'd be too weird and a mistake. And people will continue to clamor for it to be part of the Arrowverse, and then they'd likely make it on another Earth which is really no different. For me I think they should put BL in Supergirl's universe, give her a 'spinoff' show and a character that can more easily crossover when they want without jumping dimensions, even if they've made that rather easy too.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 05:41 PM   #35
Ankh Primo

Alitain wrote: View Post

I don't think it would be a big deal for them to just say, 'Yeah, it takes place in Earth-1 or Earth...whatever one Supergirl is in I forget. But he's still really his own thing, so don't expect interactions with the greater heroverse.'
But that's exactly why they put him on a different Earth, to temper expectation of interaction with the other shows.

Hell, that's essentially why Supergirl did it. The writers wanted a story where Superman set the standard of heroics without having to worry about why other series never mentioned him.
Old October 8th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #36
Greensy Thunders
spider dayz

Imagine a crossover where all the worlds actually got smashed into one? We got everyone on the same Earth for one season each afterwards?

Imagine the ramifications!
Greensy Thunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 05:53 PM   #37
Miraculous Bikkun
俺はここにいる!!

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

But that's exactly why they put him on a different Earth, to temper expectation of interaction with the other shows.

Hell, that's essentially why Supergirl did it. The writers wanted a story where Superman set the standard of heroics without having to worry about why other series never mentioned him.
Especially Arrow making the concept of superpowered beings laughable.. before the show runners decided to expand their universe.
Old October 8th, 2017, 06:44 PM   #38
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

But that's just it, they don't need to. It's okay for a show to exist without one or more of the other heroes popping in here and there. But it can still take place in that universe. My point is that BL should be in the Arrowverse, either with Arrow/Flash or on Supergirl's Earth, but it doesn't need to be greatly connected. By continuing this 'Wont be, but maybe' stance it's just annoying. And again, it's silly to have a DC hero show on the same network as the others but not be a part of it.

Yes, some fans will be wanting the other heroes to show up in BL all the time, same as they want Oliver and/or Barry in each other's shows more than they do. But just cause they want the heroes intermingling all the time doesn't mean it really should happen or needs to. If BL was on another station, then sure wouldn't be a problem. Hell, I didn't care if Supergirl wasn't a part of the Arrowverse when it first came out, being on CBS. Especially cause of needing to have Superman involved, the logistics of all that in the Arrowverse, etc etc. Making it another dimension was a convenient explanation since it was a different station and all, and it works, but I just don't think it's something that should be done all the time.

To be clear though, if BL ends up not being any part of the Arrowverse while I'll think that's silly and a waste, it wont affect how I see the show. I'm definitely curious about it, and will watch it and hopefully it'll be good. No, the show definitely doesn't need to be a part of the Arrowverse to succeed or anything, it just makes the most sense with what they've built is all.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 07:33 PM   #39
Miraculous Bikkun
俺はここにいる!!

Black Lightning needs to be its own world for the same reason as Supergirl; it makes no sense in Flarrow no Sekai. Jefferson was a superhero over a decade ago while powers didn't exist at all until a couple years ago in Flarroworld.
Old October 12th, 2017, 04:27 AM   #40
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
A report says there may be a second wedding during the crossover.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arrowvers...183700198.html

Which means, first, Oliver and Felicity have to rekindle their romance. Maybe thinking he lost her on Lian Yu, and knowing his son needs a mother, do that.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote