Home Menu

Menu

Old June 12th, 2014, 02:33 PM #1
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Worlds of DC

And to kick things off, DC and WB are rumored to be announcing their stand-alone DC Superhero films at this year's Comic Con.

Take with a grain of salt per usual:

-Batman v Superman still for May 6th, 2016
-Shazam solo film for July 2016
-Sandman for Dec 2016 (Joseph Gordon Levitt rumored to be attached to this in some way)
-Justice League for May 2017
-Wonder Woman for July 2017
-Flash/Green Lantern team-up for Christmas 2017
-Man of Steel sequel for May 2018

So...the ACTUAL MoS2 won't be out until 5 years after the first one...and the Wonder Woman movie is coming out the same year as JL, but after...

Also, apparently trying to one-up Marvel Studios by putting out three movies a year versus two years.

(not counting Sony's and Fox's Marvel movies)

Source

Last edited by TeraMan; July 22nd, 2018 at 12:34 AM.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:38 PM #2
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

I'm calling bullshit on most of those. I don't see how DC have been secretly beavering away on a Shazam movie to come out a couple months after BVS does, and nobody has caught wind of writers, directors or cast. And Sandman? 3 DC movies in one year?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Justice League to happen in 2017, or something with The Flash, the rest seem ludicrous.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:41 PM #3
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

I see it more as them announcing "Oh hey, these movies are coming" yet not actually having any production staff lined up when making the announcements.

And if that's the case, not really the smartest thing to do.
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:48 PM #4
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

So I guess the executives at WB/DC never heard of a little phrase of Quality over Quantity If they're really serious about releasing 3 movies a year compared to Marvel studios 2 movies a year.
DJ1107 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:54 PM #5
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

I'm calling bullshit on most of those. I don't see how DC have been secretly beavering away on a Shazam movie to come out a couple months after BVS does, and nobody has caught wind of writers, directors or cast. And Sandman? 3 DC movies in one year?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Justice League to happen in 2017, or something with The Flash, the rest seem ludicrous.
Shazam could be working off the scrapped project in 08. Which was ready to go into preproduction till WB killed it. Flash and GL team up movie screams no faith in either of those characters to carry a film by themselves. WW they say we are getting one? I don't buy it they have never had faith in the character saying we are getting one and actually getting one are two different things. We know we have a WW but a solo film? I'll believe it when filming actually starts.

3 films a year is catch up. It feels like catch up and rushed to the max. Hopefully they take the time and care to make these projects. Marvel says they have a clear path in which they are taking for the next decade and honestly that isn't even hard to do.

BVS to Justice League is logical it makes sense to the world building. Shazam doesn't yet we don't know the role he'll play in the Justice League we have no news on the project. Most of this is just speculative and even if WB has plans for all these films we don't know which will make it into production and which will be scrapped.

Marvel's movies all made sense you knew where they were headed after the first Iron Man movie. Hell even now everything has a end point a reason why these films are getting made. Even Guardians of the Galaxy has a end point to why its getting made its for a future Avengers film with Thanos. So hopefully WB can get some sort of continuity in mind with each of their films.
christopherjohn is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:56 PM #6
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

What baffles me the most is how, if this list is true, that Sandman is getting priority over WW, Flash, GL, and FREAKIN' JUSTICE LEAGUE!

Look, I know Sandman has his fanbase and from the comics that I have seen with him he seems like a cool character, but why is he getting top priority on getting released first?

Or is DC/WB hoping that he'll be adequate competition with Marvel's Doctor Strange movie?
Old June 12th, 2014, 03:01 PM #7
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

So I'm curious, what would the chances be of the characters from Flash and Arrow to be involved in the DCCU? It would be a good idea to include these already established, developed characters in the Justice League movie without having to worry about adding even more backstory to a film already packed with characters who didn't get their own solo movies.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 03:02 PM #8
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

What baffles me the most is how, if this list is true, that Sandman is getting priority over WW, Flash, GL, and FREAKIN' JUSTICE LEAGUE!

Look, I know Sandman has his fanbase and from the comics that I have seen with him he seems like a cool character, but why is he getting top priority on getting released first?

Or is DC/WB hoping that he'll be adequate competition with Marvel's Doctor Strange movie?
It's because WB/DC would rather do movies on the obscure rather then the well known & give the well knowns a tv series instead of a movie.
DJ1107 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 03:20 PM #9
> PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

Lord Haim Saban wrote: View Post

So I'm curious, what would the chances be of the characters from Flash and Arrow to be involved in the DCCU? It would be a good idea to include these already established, developed characters in the Justice League movie without having to worry about adding even more backstory to a film already packed with characters who didn't get their own solo movies.
Not likely at all IMO. I know we all think it would be cool and make sense, they will still go with different people for the roles in the feature films.
PedroMcNamara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 03:22 PM #10
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

So a DC Cinematic Universe and a DC TV Universe...god this shit is going to get confusing if they go that route.
Old June 12th, 2014, 04:00 PM #11
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Lord Haim Saban wrote: View Post

Some people I've argued with on Facebook claim that it's not going to happen solely because CW is partially owned by CBS, and that by using those characters/actors in the movies, they'd have to pay CBS as well, so that's not a route they're likely to take. Or something.
Sir Koji is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 04:16 PM #12
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

Some people I've argued with on Facebook claim that it's not going to happen solely because CW is partially owned by CBS, and that by using those characters/actors in the movies, they'd have to pay CBS as well, so that's not a route they're likely to take. Or something.
It's unlikely to happen, but that particular argument doesn't really make sense.
Red Ranger Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 04:18 PM #13
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Red Ranger Sam wrote: View Post

It's unlikely to happen, but that particular argument doesn't really make sense.
It would if CW has producer rights then it would cost them.
christopherjohn is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 04:26 PM #14
> Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Red Ranger Sam
Power Ranger

Just found the original source was Nikki Finke. So it should be said that while this rumor still sound ludicrous, the source is one of the most reliable in Hollywood gossip. I'm not saying it definitely means the rumor is true (she even admits that it is in flux), but it definitely means we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

It would if CW has producer rights then it would cost them.
No, CBS doesn't make money off the WB owned shows, which is why the CW always goes out of its way to include CBS produced shows on the schedule, hence Beauty and the Beast getting a miracle renewal, despite it's incredibly low ratings and summer burn-off.

Last edited by Red Ranger Sam; June 12th, 2014 at 06:00 PM.
Red Ranger Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 06:10 PM #15
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

If Shazam is really coming, I guarantee it will be based off the back up in the first few issues of JLA New 52.

Personally, I think Batman v Superman may just fuck up their entire plan and kill momentum for their film franchise goals. Instead of playing it safe like Marvel, they are too eager and it shows. They want too many hero films too fast and are willing to make bad movies just to put them out there.

I'm concerned for the future of Arrow and Flash tv series though, because I wouldn't put it past WB to shut those down to avoid splitting the market over their characters. They've done it to the cartoons over Smallville and even Smallville over the Batman movies.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:08 PM #16
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I'm concerned for the future of Arrow and Flash tv series though, because I wouldn't put it past WB to shut those down to avoid splitting the market over their characters. They've done it to the cartoons over Smallville and even Smallville over the Batman movies.
On the other hand, there was an honest-to-God Superman movie smack-dab in the middle of Smallville's run and nothing happened.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:55 PM #17
> RangerZero
Power Ranger

RangerZero
Power Ranger

Smallville did not end because of anything having to do with the Batman movies. It ended (as I recall, six seasons LATER than originally planned), because Welling didn't want to continue in the role after that long.
RangerZero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:56 PM #18
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

RangerZero wrote: View Post

Smallville did not end because of anything having to do with the Batman movies. It ended (as I recall, six seasons LATER than originally planned), because Welling didn't want to continue in the role after that long.
No, but they were prohibited from using Batman or Bruce Wayne because of the movies.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:57 PM #19
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

I hope Sandman is based on the Golden Age superhero and doesn't even acknowledge Neil Gaiman's work. That would be fucking hilarious.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM #20
> RangerZero
Power Ranger

RangerZero
Power Ranger

johnboy3434 wrote: View Post

I hope Sandman is based on the Golden Age superhero and doesn't even acknowledge Neil Gaiman's work. That would be fucking hilarious.
As much as I wish no ill will on Gaiman or his creations (kind of apathetic toward them in general), I do REALLY like the Golden Age character, so I'd be fine with that.
RangerZero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote