RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:39 PM   #1
⚡McAster
I engage in motion

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: RangerBoard 3 AM

This is a thread for all aspects of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the discussions that can be had. Be you a new fan, someone who has been reading from the start with black and white comics, only jumped on due the huge period of 80s/90s cartoon, or accidently clicked in this thread and still like them. Go ahead, sit down, have a slice of pizza, and let's talk.

Plenty to discuss with a well written, reference heavy (who knew Mikey was a fan of Kamen Rider?), story moving cartoon. A action heavy movie with a sequel being planned. An ever improving comic book that is building itself up to be an equal to the original Mirage universe. Toys to enjoy that celebrate most every era of the franchise. Also plenty more.

Feel free to also re-visit the old thread. Which was nice, but parts of it were full of electric seaweed.
McAster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:42 PM   #2
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

There is not a single thing about the opening post that I don't love and appreciate.
The 2nd Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:48 PM   #3
Allio
Power Ranger

tmnt collection
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 07:05 PM   #4
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

I had no idea what the title meant until I saw the image.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:44 PM   #5
CheckeredRanger
OMG THIS IS SO EPIC!!11!!

The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

There is not a single thing about the opening post that I don't love and appreciate.
I loved that opening image,too
I`ve been watching the 1987 series a lot on YouTube lately.I`ve noticed I really enjoy the CBS episodes that focused on an individual turtle,especially Donatello and Raphael(since they were,and still are,my favorite turtles)
CheckeredRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:57 PM   #6
QuadraRanger
99%

Speaking of the game, has anyone listened to the Shellshocked tribute album?
QuadraRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 11:46 PM   #7
Green Goblin
remember 12-14-12

in case anybody missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqW5upASa-8
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 12:00 AM   #8
goldenslider
Power Ranger

I grew up wi the Turtles toys, but don't remember the show that well. What was the flying open topped car, that had the fold down wheels, and some sort of gun attachment on the back (always remember using that car as a Deloran Time Machine due to lack of real Back To The Future toys back then)
goldenslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 02:55 AM   #9
Dragonwolf Ranger
Waterbending Master

That's a pretty sweet collection!
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 12:11 PM   #10
GogoDino
Power Ranger

Seriously awesome collection! Personally, I never managed to get too into the comics. (I'd like to if anyone wants to suggest some of their favorite storylines/issues)

I'm a big fan of the cartoon series that have happened over the years. The original 80s cartoon is classic, but my soft spot is the 4Kids 2003 series (until it spun off into a terrible black hole of poor decisions).

Anyone keeping up with the Nickelodeon series right now? Among other things, I love the fact that they bring an graphic style reminiscent of the comics to their CG world. Best iteration of the turtles yet!
GogoDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 07:29 PM   #11
Allio
Power Ranger

Looks like TMNT has it's first lgbt character in Lindsay in the IDW comics, she reveals it in the mutanimals #1 it's done pretty well

GogoDino wrote: View Post

Seriously awesome collection! Personally, I never managed to get too into the comics. (I'd like to if anyone wants to suggest some of their favorite storylines/issues)
With the IDW storyline, I would basically say start with issue one and go from there, but if you need a specific story, go with the four parter "The Secret History of the Foot Clan" which gives the IDW Shredder's origin.

For Mirage, the first issue to come to me is the "Tales of Leonardo: Blind Sight"

for Mirage AU, the trilogy "Soul's winter" is perfect. it is dark, psychological, and atmospheric. one of those stories that just tells you "this isn't like the saturday morning cartoon." You can easily get the "Tmnt Legends Soul's winter"
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:57 AM   #12
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I was a diehard fan of the 1987 series as a kid. I would watch the VHS tapes of it until they broke. I did not see the original three live-action films in theaters but I did watch them on home video and on television. I was not into the 2003 series because I moved on from cartoons to reality TV competitions. I didn't see the 2007 until last year. Before the 2012 series debuted I was a little interested in watching it, but I could not support it because of the controversy Jason Biggs was causing. His habits were extremely heinous and his jokes on Catholicism were way over the line. However, when Dominic Catrambone and Seth Green took over the role of Leonardo I started watching it weekly. I really enjoyed the 2014 film despite its flaws.

Last edited by ranger_scout; February 26th, 2015 at 09:05 AM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #13
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
The guys at Rifftrax are taking on last year's movie.

http://youtu.be/G13dDthPENg
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #14
rizzleREY
Power Ranger

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

I was a diehard fan of the 1987 series as a kid. I would watch the VHS tapes of it until they broke.
So much this. My brother who is 11 years younger than me picked up a betamax tape we had in storage and asked how that would fit in a VCR. Then I realized I was old.
rizzleREY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 12:49 PM   #15
GogoDino
Power Ranger

Allio wrote: View Post

For Mirage, the first issue to come to me is the "Tales of Leonardo: Blind Sight"

for Mirage AU, the trilogy "Soul's winter" is perfect. it is dark, psychological, and atmospheric. one of those stories that just tells you "this isn't like the saturday morning cartoon." You can easily get the "Tmnt Legends Soul's winter"
I'm all about Leonardo. He's my favorite turtle so I'll probably start with "Blind Sight". Thanks! The other suggestions sound really interesting. I wasn't even aware Mutanimals existed.

I used to read an online webcomic called MNT Gaiden that was a darker look at the turtles in their 40s. I lost track of it though. But your description of "Soul's Winter" makes me think I'd like it if I'd enjoyed Gaiden way back when.
GogoDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 08:53 AM   #16
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Nickelodeon apparently has some spin-off TMNT shows in the works.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...e#.Vdf0avlVhBc

Last edited by ranger_scout; August 21st, 2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Replacing broken link
Old February 27th, 2015, 10:07 AM   #17
greenrangertou
Power Ranger

That is a awesome collection
greenrangertou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 02:58 PM   #18
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Leatherhead: The Series

DO EET
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 09:51 AM   #19
ranger_scout
Power Ranger

First look at tomorrow's episode with Bebop and Rocksteady in action and how they got their names. Plus, it's nice to see Leo and Mikey working together alone since they hardly have any scenes together.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=116314
Old March 7th, 2015, 09:55 AM   #20
Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

http://www.nickandmore.com/2015/02/2...-upfront-2015/
Please be "Mighty Mutanimals".
Mr Tuesday II is offline   Reply With Quote