Home Menu

Menu

Old June 13th, 2019, 07:01 AM #701
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

As a collector of the monthly magazines, I know we have received even larger items as magazine exclusives, so the female DimeVolcano being one wouldn't surprise me. Of course the price of the magazine/mook will reflect that "gift".
Cosmo773 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 07:03 AM #702
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Cosmo773 wrote: View Post

As a collector of the monthly magazines, I know we have received even larger items as magazine exclusives, so the female DimeVolcano being one wouldn't surprise me. Of course the price of the magazine/mook will reflect that "gift".
Right.

The fact that they retweeted it makes me think they'll go that route.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:26 PM #703
> Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

Neptune looks great. SpinoThunder is really... something.
Bluecatcinema is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:40 PM #704
> Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

32 eBay

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Right.

The fact that they retweeted it makes me think they'll go that route.
Is that assuming it's smaller than Dimevolcano? Even separated it seems kinda super big for a magazine giveaway.

It's one thing to get the collectable like a Ryusoul. They don't just give away DX mecha in the mags.
Shirubaa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 04:57 AM #705
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

It could be smaller no one knows for sure, but we have had mooks and the magazines release deluxe toys before, mostly Transformers and Rider stuff. The mook/magazines price is adjusted though to compensate for the price of the exclusive. You don't get it for free that's for sure!
Old June 14th, 2019, 06:33 AM #706
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Shirubaa wrote: View Post

Is that assuming it's smaller than Dimevolcano? Even separated it seems kinda super big for a magazine giveaway.

It's one thing to get the collectable like a Ryusoul. They don't just give away DX mecha in the mags.
I think it's the same size. It's sort of doable. They'd just need to pack it creatively.
I mean, most likely scenario, it's a p-Bandai item and they just retweeted it for the sake of it.

It could be smaller no one knows for sure, but we have had mooks and the magazines release deluxe toys before, mostly Transformers and Rider stuff. The mook/magazines price is adjusted though to compensate for the price of the exclusive. You don't get it for free that's for sure!
Right. It would be basically at cost. So around $30 if they went that route, before shipping.
Old June 14th, 2019, 11:37 AM #707
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger

Mosa/Neptune looks great but what on Earth is going on with Spino Thunder? I saw someone else compare it to the old Bionicle combiners and I certainly see that.
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:43 PM #708
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Found the Yu-Do set on Mandarake and I did what had to be done. Now, just wanting for them to charge me
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:51 PM #709
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

FerrousMaelstrom wrote: View Post

Mosa/Neptune looks great but what on Earth is going on with Spino Thunder? I saw someone else compare it to the old Bionicle combiners and I certainly see that.
That's the idea, of this line as a whole lol.

Show version will probably look more together, but toy-wise, it's just supposed to look like another combo a fan would have made themselves. It's just official.
Old June 14th, 2019, 08:33 PM #710
> norik434
Perpetual Dinosaur Theme

norik434
Perpetual Dinosaur Theme

My Yu-Dos finally came! Since not many people are talking about them, I figured I'd share my thoughts for those on the fence. Full review in the spoiler.

I'll start by saying this is my first sentai purchase. I had been meaning to jump in for a while, but I'm more of a figure guy than anything else and I've never been convinced by the vinyls since you can't pose them at all. The Yu-Dos from LuPat seemed pretty neat, but I never cared for those suits so I decided to wait until a team more to my taste came out. Lo and behold, Kyoryuger Ryuki drops from out of nowhere and steals my wallet.

My first impression upon finding a tiny-ass package in my mailbox was BOY are these boxes small! The figures themselves are actually a very nice size, but the efficient Japanese packaging really threw me out for a loop. Speaking of which, I just have to take a second to admire the beauty of these little boxes. Japanese graphic design kicks ass.

Just look at that smile on Pink's face!

Open that box and you'll be greeted by a figure, a sticker sheet, and some candy. You should be careful when opening the box, as the inside of the cardboard contains the instructions for putting the figure together. Helpfully the box comes perforated along the edges, so it should be pretty simple to open.

In case you're wondering, the candy tastes like Smarties™.

The assembly isn't too bad. In fact there's nothing to actually assemble, just a sheet of stickers to apply. If you've ever built a Gunpla you know what to expect, as these are the same style of metallic stickers as those dreadful Gundam eyes. They stick very well to the plastic, so be sure to use some tool like tweezers to fix the smaller ones in exactly the right spot because they're not coming off.

Who says Japan is behind the times? Just look at this state-of-the-art Bandai America paint job!

The process only takes about five minutes, and isn't really too complicated. My only piece of advice is to place the mouth sticker before the visor, as I did the reverse with the first couple and it was very hard to get it right. Pretty much all the details are sculpted onto the figures, so if you wanted to you could easily use some Gundam markers or acrylic paints to get these looking like premium figures. I might look into that in the future if the stickers ever begin to peel.

Despite the terminal bicep tumors, Kou here is quite the looker.

The finished product looks phenomenal. For a figure of this line and price range, the articulation is simply superb. I'll compare these to Gunpla once more because it's clear Bandai has learned a lot about joints, stability, and what it takes to get a good-looking pose out of a budget figure from their recent HG and RG releases. These are an absolute joy to pose and play with, and are much better suited for a display than comparable American offerings. The ball-joints for the feet and the extra hands in particular help give them a ton of personality and versatility.

Tyramigo KYYUUUUUUUU-TAMA! ORA ORA!

My only real complaint is those hideous pegs around the arms for attaching the armor. Thankfully I later learned you can rotate that section of the arm a full 360 degrees to keep them out of view for pictures and displays, but they're still quite awkward. I think I'll be keeping the armor on for this reason alone. I will also say the stickers can be quite frustrating if you're not used to this style of assembly, especially some of the smaller ones on the armor pieces. I messed a couple of those up.

Very nice metallic paint on the silver bits of the torso.

The mechanism for Pink's skirt stood out to me as a very clever bit of engineering. It consists of four Gundam-style sideskirt flaps with hidden hinges, such that it covers the entire waist area without impeding any lateral or frontal movement whatsoever. Sadly the rear flap is fixed in place, but it functions similarly to the guys' butt pieces and doesn't really limit mobility. Thank you Bandai, very cool.

Tactical combat skirt, just in case you forget the pink one with the boobs and heart-shaped visor is a girl.

There's not a sea of accessories, but what you do get is very nice. Every ranger comes with a sword, and the full set also includes four alternate hands (action pose, two for each side) and the six recurring armors: Tsuyo, Nobi, Omo, Haya, Kata, and Mie souls. Oh, and the candy.

Neko-kun and Edge-sama are just very happy I finally realized there were stickers for the belts by the time I got to them.

I could imagine some people getting upset with the smaller size, as they're a little shorter and quite a bit skinnier than your standard 5-inch ranger figure, but also not small enough to fit in with the smaller Samurai and Megaforce figures. I personally don't mind, as they look fantastic by themselves as a set (and I imagine even better next to Kishiryu-oh). Here's a quick size comparison:

Don't talk to me or my son ever again. Or to my senile grandfather. Or my dog.

Overall, I am very happy with these figures. I hope you found this useful or entertaining.

GABURIN-I mean, QUE BOM!

Important nutrition facts you should read before eating poor Bamba. Or maybe it's a bible verse, I don't know. I can't read Chinese.

PS: If paying import fees for children's candy toys doesn't make you feel like enough of a manchild, the set also comes with this galtin-based sweet. It's alright I guess.

Last edited by norik434; June 14th, 2019 at 08:45 PM.
norik434 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:42 AM #711
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Great review, Norik!

I do have all of the LuPat's figures but I never really spent time building them.

Man, I had no idea those things come with candy on them. When I ever get enough courage to build them, I'll make sure to throw those on the trash (by the time that happens, the expiration date would have been reached.

Funny thing is that a yu-do set was my first sentai purchase (in regards of toys). Then I started getting the minipla.

For Ryusoul, I'll probably stick with only the first Yu-Do set miniplas sets unless something really cool happens like they making a female Ryusoul Yellow with toys.

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

Found the Yu-Do set on Mandarake and I did what had to be done. Now, just wanting for them to charge me
Payment complete! Now to wait on those figures
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 01:16 PM #712
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

It's interesting that Toy Fair came and went without there being any "spoilery" reveals. Though there was one video where the guy was at the Ryusoulger display and he started to move past the glass case with his camera and someone shooed him away. Never saw anything, but maybe there was more we weren't allowed to see, in the "No Photo" zone. I would have thought they would have had the movie mech on display since we're so close to its release.
Old June 17th, 2019, 01:19 PM #713
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

It's interesting that Toy Fair came and went without there being any "spoilery" reveals. Though there was one video where the guy was at the Ryusoulger display and he started to move past the glass case with his camera and someone shooed him away. Never saw anything, but maybe there was more we weren't allowed to see, in the "No Photo" zone. I would have thought they would have had the movie mech on display since we're so close to its release.
We got that one rumor at around the time of the show off J-Hero. Not sure if that's the reasoning, or just a happy accident. Either way, I'm confident there was more on hand than what they were allowed to photograph.

As you said, the movie mecha comes out fairly soon.
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:41 PM #714
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

We'll probably get the "No Photos" photos late in July. I'm pretty sure GigantKishiRyuOh was on display. That's probably what was not allowed to be photographed. Still hasn't "officially" been revealed

I don't think 4th quarter merchandise was. Still too early.
Gold Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:03 PM #715
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I figure there may be some blogs or post on social media mentioning any other stuff there. Actually, there’s a pic from Toy Fair that shows all the kishiryu and their KishiryuOh form. SpinoThunders has a question mark. My guess is once the toy pics of the SpinoThunder set drops, we’ll see it. But still, you’d think it was there with kishiryuzin.

Only time I remember Q4 being at Toy Fair was bragigas, the recolor cubes in Zyuohger and cube whale.
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:14 PM #716
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

I figure there may be some blogs or post on social media mentioning any other stuff there. Actually, there’s a pic from Toy Fair that shows all the kishiryu and their KishiryuOh form. SpinoThunders has a question mark. My guess is once the toy pics of the SpinoThunder set drops, we’ll see it. But still, you’d think it was there with kishiryuzin.

Only time I remember Q4 being at Toy Fair was bragigas, the recolor cubes in Zyuohger and cube whale.
Bandai's playing it close to the vest this year, so I don't know that they'd have anything quarter 4 on display to up the surprise factor. Maybe in a back room or something. They've done similar things before. (MachFalcon was like that I think.)
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:22 PM #717
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Which makes sense. All in all, I think Dimechan and Gaisoul Ken were good reveals. If I’m not mistaken, one of the articles posted said we’ll have more info on the Gaisoul Ken July 1st. I could see Dimechan in the upcoming magazine scans of thats it’s release. Plus Q4 isn’t too far off.

I really enjoy everything about this toyline.
Old June 18th, 2019, 02:16 PM #718
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Got around to updating the front page. Still have some adjustments to make
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:57 PM #719
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I think it would be cool if for the final mecha, it can go between and brachiosaurus or mammoth depending on the Ryusoul used and a power up for red will reflect that. So instead of two kishiryu combining to make a new one. It’s basically two in one.,
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:41 AM #720
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

You'd think if anything other than DameVolcano was debuted we'd have heard something.
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote