Home Menu

Menu

Old April 10th, 2019, 11:31 AM #441
> zZigxZagz
Gattai!

zZigxZagz
Gattai!

The Real Torhu wrote: View Post

Look at Zyuoh. They almost had to have envisioned that final combination first and worked backwards to introduce the neccessary components.
The best example is GoOngerís G12 - 1 of the 3 peaks of sentai combine robot imo. They clearly built G12 first and divided it into smaller robots. The best thing I like about G12 is both G6 and G9 doesnít look that impressive and you clearly felt something was missing/incomplete but Bandai showed their audience ďkeep waiting, great things to comeĒ and when G12 was revealed, itís perfection, it checked every boxes: big and sturdy, looks great, major upgrade from G9, uses all the parts, you can also insert all engine souls (at your own risk)...
zZigxZagz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:39 AM #442
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Not every season needs to have giant clusterbot. Like, I get why people in the US have come to expect it because we were introduced to Sentai through Power Rangers and the first few seasons had the Ultrazords. It just sorta stuck as the "norm." I count myself in that group because I love combining stuff and IMHO the more involved the better.

I liked the Dino Charge "final" combo because it was powerful but it wasn't overbearing. The clusters have their place but at times it can get a bit overbearing.
The Real Torhu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:48 AM #443
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Oh I'm not faulting the toys. Hell, making the official combos this relatively simple encourages creative play because you see the basics and experiment with what else can be done.

And when it comes to KyuTamaJin, I'm also reminded of Rainbow TokuQ and the like. Mecha where they use "everyone" but not "everything."

I've been wondering if we won't see a "final combo" that involves taking a Q4 big dino and combining parts with it...then adding the various RyuSoul's to its back to form plates like a stegosaur.
I'm actually expecting something to that effect. A brick that you can "paste" the rest of the toy line on. It wouldn't be my ideal per se, but, if enough of the parts are used, I'm good with it lol.

Not every season needs to have giant clusterbot. Like, I get why people in the US have come to expect it because we were introduced to Sentai through Power Rangers and the first few seasons had the Ultrazords. It just sorta stuck as the "norm." I count myself in that group because I love combining stuff and IMHO the more involved the better.

I liked the Dino Charge "final" combo because it was powerful but it wasn't overbearing. The clusters have their place but at times it can get a bit overbearing.
I'm okay with them, but the thing is, they've obviously moved away from them. I could see our final combo this year being one, but if it isn't, it's not going to really subvert my enjoyment of the line at all.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 11:56 AM #444
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

I'll agree, it's pretty annoying when most of the official combos seem to leave out large portions of the mechs, nothign really uses all parts officially. That Mosa/Tyramigo combo looks to have a lot of leftover pieces. But good thing there are ports up to wazoo so we can make better versions ourselves.
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:00 PM #445
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Considering part of Mosa's transformation appears to be opening its mouth as separate pieces, I can absolutely see a "brick" that, using auxilary mech and parts, you build a new dinosaur head.

Not to mention this season's been ringing up the similarities to Dino Charge...so a giant sauropod brick that can store all of the souls and form the core of a final combo would fit that trend as well.
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:02 PM #446
> Callum14
Such Misfortune!

Callum14
Such Misfortune!

I honestly won't mind if the final combo is some giant cluster Dino that uses everyone rather than a cluster bot. That sounds amazing, and honestly would feel rewarding getting all the mecha.
Callum14 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:07 PM #447
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

Yeah if they go that route I may hop on board with this line. Otherwise may wait for the Hasbro versions to see if they offer more customization options on top of the existing stuff. Just because, without a final combo, I'd enjoy having more options to kit out my dinos.
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:36 PM #448
> zZigxZagz
Gattai!

zZigxZagz
Gattai!

Callum14 wrote: View Post

I honestly won't mind if the final combo is some giant cluster Dino that uses everyone rather than a cluster bot. That sounds amazing, and honestly would feel rewarding getting all the mecha.
Exactly as you said. One of the biggest appeal of these all-in-one like G12 is everything is on board. Normally the aux mechs only appear/use 1 or 2 times and done, there is not much incentive to get them but if you want to form G12. you are forced to buy them all, more money to Bandai and the buyer is happy too.

I know something like G12 is an exception, design a big robot composed of 12 mech is easier said than done. Just kinda sad that it has been 10 years and we still don't have anything near G12.

Thanks to the Q3 leaked catalogue, the only thing I need to get is MosaRex or SpinoThunder set. CosmoRaptor and Pachygaruu will be forgotten as soon as the show ends like other aux mechs that can't have a place in big combination.

--------------

So far, we have 2 bodies and lots of parts. I expect the final combine is something like Orion Bazooka.

Last edited by zZigxZagz; April 10th, 2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old April 10th, 2019, 12:54 PM #449
> Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

zZigxZagz wrote: View Post

The best example is GoOngerís G12 - 1 of the 3 peaks of sentai combine robot imo. They clearly built G12 first and divided it into smaller robots. The best thing I like about G12 is both G6 and G9 doesnít look that impressive and you clearly felt something was missing/incomplete but Bandai showed their audience ďkeep waiting, great things to comeĒ and when G12 was revealed, itís perfection, it checked every boxes: big and sturdy, looks great, major upgrade from G9, uses all the parts, you can also insert all engine souls (at your own risk)...
you have to understand about the business side of this for bandai, if there isnt a clusterbrick for this sentai it's not because it's personal, it's because it's not selling.
Go-OnGold83 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:01 PM #450
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay

God. Damnit. I was doing soooooo well NOT getting sucked into this season in real time, but that movie mech is literally ROARING at me. Sigh, this pre zyu collecting was going smooth, too. 'Scuse me, while i go get another shelf.......
Falcon6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:07 PM #451
> zZigxZagz
Gattai!

zZigxZagz
Gattai!

Go-OnGold83 wrote: View Post

you have to understand about the business side of this for bandai, if there isnt a clusterbrick for this sentai it's not because it's personal, it's because it's not selling.
I always see it all about business but were GoOnger and Shinkenger's sale that poor? The clusterbrick we have in the past 10 years are nothing compared to G12. If Bandai can re-create something like GoOngers toy line and the sale is still poor, I accept that the end of the clusterbrick, no need to try that route anymore but in the past, for some reason Bandai tried it with 2 consecutive years 2008-2009.

Ryusoulger doesn't have a big clusterbrick is what I expected since the reveal of 5 Knights (I recall Dukemon anticipated that 5 Knights might use all parts as 3 Knights because of the name and it gave me some hope) and with Q3 catalogue, I accept this line for what it is.
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:19 PM #452
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

A giant core q4 mecha that uses little bits of the other kishiryuu is what Iím thinking of too

Wings from tiger

Knee drills from kishiryuuoh
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 01:40 PM #453
> The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

The Real Torhu
Smug Life yo!

I always see it all about business but were GoOnger and Shinkenger's sale that poor?
Or, as others have said, this new pattern is selling better.

Just looking back over morphers, starting with GoKaiger we started getting items that paired with the henshin device, and then also interacted with the mecha. Only a few years later, Kyoruger had a henshin item (the batteries) that interacted with the mecha *and* had a place in the final combo (you stored the batteries in Brachio for the final cannon).

The following year was ToQ, and the henshin item *was* the mecha. And the final combo (Rainbow) used all of those while discarding the rest of the trains.

Then we had Ninninjer and the shuriken...which formed the heads of the different combinations. And each one had it's own shuriken. Zyouh had an Ultrazord (the first in a while).

Then it was Kyuranger who went back to using the henshin item as a core part of the mecha (you literally could not combine them without the Tama. And the "final" combo used all of the tama even as it discarded the rest of the mech.

LvP went one step further. The mecha *were* the Henshin item, and one of them was literally the morpher. The "final" combo was (once again) all of the core team's henshin items.

Now look at Ryusouger. The mecha are their own thing, but the combinations use the henshin item (the Ryusouls) to form the heads. So, if recent trends are any indication...even if all of the mecha aren't used you can bet that at minimum they'll find a way to incorporate as many Ryusoul as possible into the final combination.

That way you are compelled to collect all of the components, and since you're started to collect them...hey maybe the morpher and weapon that use them will be a nice fun thing to play with.

And now you've got all of these souls, what's a few aux to beef up your bots and bolster your collection of souls?

It's a beautiful up-sell. Which is why I'm totally not surprised Hasbro picked up the license going forward. They live for this kind of play pattern. Just look at the last 4-5 years of Transformers.
Old April 10th, 2019, 02:05 PM #454
> Callum14
Such Misfortune!

Callum14
Such Misfortune!

Exactly as you said. One of the biggest appeal of these all-in-one like G12 is everything is on board. Normally the aux mechs only appear/use 1 or 2 times and done, there is not much incentive to get them but if you want to form G12. you are forced to buy them all, more money to Bandai and the buyer is happy too.

I know something like G12 is an exception, design a big robot composed of 12 mech is easier said than done. Just kinda sad that it has been 10 years and we still don't have anything near G12.

Thanks to the Q3 leaked catalogue, the only thing I need to get is MosaRex or SpinoThunder set. CosmoRaptor and Pachygaruu will be forgotten as soon as the show ends like other aux mechs that can't have a place in big combination.

--------------

So far, we have 2 bodies and lots of parts. I expect the final combine is something like Orion Bazooka.

https://i.imgur.com/J14i7zX.jpg
Agreed. I still think Go-Onger and Shinkenger are two of the best Sentai toylines ever for how clever it use the mecha and built up to something great. While I never got around to completing both lines, it must have been really
exciting with every new mecha, you was a step closer to finishing the puzzle.

As for Ryusoulger, I still think KishiRyuuOh is one of the best looking Sentai mecha's in awhile, more so having the toy in hand and the whole lego thing is a great idea and a lot of fun. I just think it be a huge shame if getting all the mecha leads into nothing at the end. Especially, when this line has some of the biggest potential I have scene in years.
Callum14 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 03:06 PM #455
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

This year is a wet dream for people who like the creative aspect of this line but the official combination is gravely lackluster
. It may be hard to find any years with weak official combinations than this year.

Well I see the point of ďmake whatever combination youíd like. It adds creativity.

The problem Iíve heard of LEGOís is that you have to build what they tell you to build. Follow the instructions.

Of course you can take it apart but if itís a giant set youíre probably not going to break it apart

For me I already canít wait to add dimevolcano to this

Red. Black and gold color scheme will look amazing

Dimevolcano will be in huge demand since itís required for 3 formations
Old April 10th, 2019, 03:09 PM #456
> zZigxZagz
Gattai!

zZigxZagz
Gattai!

Callum14 wrote: View Post

Agreed. I still think Go-Onger and Shinkenger are two of the best Sentai toylines ever for how clever it use the mecha and built up to something great. While I never got around to completing both lines, it must have been really
exciting with every new mecha, you was a step closer to finishing the puzzle.

As for Ryusoulger, I still think KishiRyuuOh is one of the best looking Sentai mecha's in awhile, more so having the toy in hand and the whole lego thing is a great idea and a lot of fun. I just think it be a huge shame if getting all the mecha leads into nothing at the end. Especially, when this line has some of the biggest potential I have scene in years.
Same feelings, when I see KishiryuOh has a lot of ryusoul joint on it, I was hoping for great combinations this year. If you're looking for something like G12 or Samurai HaOh, there is none in the toy market. Bandai sentai almost has no competitors when it comes to biggest/final combination. There were some attemps from Chinese sentai but the quality/design/simple but clever combine still doesn't reach sentai level and they were done with it (haven't seen anything new in awhile). Korea still have combination robots here and there but 5 or 6 mech is the best they can do which sentai already did it more than 30 years ago, Transformer is usually the same old 1 body, 4 limps...

At the end of the day, if you like both biggest combinations and good smaller combinations for a satisfying feeling, only Baidai sentai can provide it. There is always next year and I don't belive Bandai will axe Sentai anytime soon.
Old April 10th, 2019, 05:28 PM #457
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Now knowing how SpinoThunder works, I wonder if that form will be used part of a bigger form down the line. Be kind of weird if it was that. Also, Iím curious if itíll be CGI.
tavionjackson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 05:52 PM #458
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

NVM

Please delete message
Old April 10th, 2019, 05:54 PM #459
> Buzz Bee
Power Ranger

Buzz Bee
Power Ranger

MosaRex overall design looks cool but I still dislike MosaRex's robo face because MosaRex's robo face are quite similar to default Kishiryuoh's face. I more prefer if MosaRex's have more robotic face (covered mouth)

Last edited by Buzz Bee; April 10th, 2019 at 06:03 PM.
Buzz Bee is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 06:56 PM #460
> TFDUDE
Not an upsidedown blaster

TFDUDE
Not an upsidedown blaster

Is that a... pachysaur... motorcycle... kangaroo? With a joey?

I have two questions for Bandai/PLEX/whoever comes up with these things: what are they on, and who's their dealer?
TFDUDE is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote