Home Menu

Menu

Old June 15th, 2019, 05:44 AM #621
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Figured that's what would happen as well.

On another note, could any future movies by the studio that are outside superheroes work, or do you guys think it couldn't? For example, a Patsy Walker teen comedy of her pre-Hellcat, or should the studio just stick with heroes?
Marvel Studios can make any of their comic IPs work in live-action. The lasting appeal of their film slate up to now hasn't just been the connectivity, it's the ability to insert any kind of genre to shake up the standard "comic book movie" predetermination.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:48 PM #622
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Figured that's what would happen as well.

On another note, could any future movies by the studio that are outside superheroes work, or do you guys think it couldn't? For example, a Patsy Walker teen comedy of her pre-Hellcat, or should the studio just stick with heroes?
We already got Patsy Walker on Jessica Jones. I guess they could do a prequel but I can't see it being a movie.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:58 PM #623
> oldranger25
Power Ranger

oldranger25
Power Ranger

Akumaru wrote: View Post

Now every new Marvel Movie will be Before or Post Thanos, because i think the new Spider-Men is before of the Thanos Snap
It's post Endgame, the second trailer released after A:E came out revealed as much
oldranger25 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 03:25 PM #624
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Cool, I suppose now everything make more sence Post Endgame, with the New Avengers, and the New movies they will do
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:13 PM #625
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

It's just a rumor at this point, but Ty Simkins (Harley in IM3) has said he's willing to return to the MCU if they asked him to play Iron Lad in a future movie. That's not a bad idea, he is an established character in the MCU and he has ties to Iron Man, and if a Young Avengers movie does happen...
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:26 PM #626
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

It's just a rumor at this point, but Ty Simkins (Harley in IM3) has said he's willing to return to the MCU if they asked him to play Iron Lad in a future movie. That's not a bad idea, he is an established character in the MCU and he has ties to Iron Man, and if a Young Avengers movie does happen...
They could do worse I suppose. Though technically comic Iron Lad was a young Kang coming back from the future. Obviously they don't have to adhere strictly to the comics since we sorta got a potential Kate Bishop-esque version of Hawkeye in the making with Clint's daughter if they want. Hard to say, but yeah. Though I wonder, since the whole point of the YA was Iron Lad coming to the past to get a young team because there were no more Avengers at the time, etc etc future drama. While the MCU, the Avengers are still going strong even if we don't get a strictly Avengers movie any time soon they're still an active team despite being minus Steve and Tony. So the premise for YA would likely have to change, but that's not saying it's impossible I'd still like to see it happen in some form.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:39 PM #627
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

It's not a bad idea but I wouldn't even qualify it as a rumor at this point. The interest is there on the actor's part, but will Marvel go for it? We'll see.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:55 PM #628
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

It's not a bad idea but I wouldn't even qualify it as a rumor at this point. The interest is there on the actor's part, but will Marvel go for it? We'll see.
And really, this is the exactly kind of response we get from basically every actor in these kinds of movies. It's unlikely they're going to just be all "Nope, I'd never want to come back and do something". Sure, some do don't get me wrong. But especially those with minor characters are generally happy enough to let the fans keep dreaming cause if nothing else it may let them come back for any kind of future gig.
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:56 PM #629
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Cassie is there and we can actually have Vision in it. Not Vision "Vision" but a new body that somehow got a backup of VIsion's Ai which creates the new one. Kang brings the rest and leaves his Armor for Harley which allows for him to become Iron Lad. Honestly a simple Young Avengers plot is there.

Cassie and Harley are friends. Kang brings America, Wiccan and Speed. They discover a hidden shield/hydra base that has a Vision prototype body in it them trying to recreate vision. There is a frozen skrull who is Hulkling. The plot would also introduce Kang as a bad guy. It would be pretty cool to bring in Jessica Jones as the adult mentor who doesn't want to be there.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 08:30 PM #630
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

It's just a rumor at this point, but Ty Simkins (Harley in IM3) has said he's willing to return to the MCU if they asked him to play Iron Lad in a future movie.
While I will assume he actually did say that, it also means nothing because Marvel Studios has said nothing about revisiting Harley.

When A-list talent shows support for a franchise, it matters, but just barely. A nobody throwing that out is basically just them begging for work, LOL.
Old June 15th, 2019, 10:58 PM #631
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

It's just a rumor at this point, but Ty Simpkins (Harley in IM3) has said he's willing to return to the MCU if they asked him to play Iron Lad in a future movie. That's not a bad idea, he is an established character in the MCU and he has ties to Iron Man, and if a Young Avengers movie does happen...
I actually think he should be introduced in the comics as the new Iron Lad for either Champions, a new incarnation of Young Avengers or a new incarnation of New Warriors.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:33 AM #632
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Honest if they had make the Movies of the Secret Wars will be so amazing, because we had the New Avengers,Young Avengers, since the all Infinity Stone Cap Adventure is basic created another events...
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 11:39 AM #633
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I actually think he should be introduced in the comics as the new Iron Lad for either Champions, a new incarnation of Young Avengers or a new incarnation of New Warriors.
Meh, there's no point. He'd just be a random kid with an armor. That's what Riri is for. Harley works for the MCU, but not really for the comics. I mean sure, they could have an Iron Man story where he meets Harley and impresses him with his Starkness, etc etc. But then if they immediately turn around and drop Harley in a flying tin can, it'll have all the depth and meaning of a wet napkin. Just leave him in the MCU where had at least means something instead of trying to make him in the comics where he'd just be white noise(eh, pun intended why not). Not to mention on Champions at least, we already have Riri and there are honestly too many characters as it is to add a generic character like Harley as Iron Lad or any such.
Old June 16th, 2019, 12:43 PM #634
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

The whole draw of Iron Lad is the Kang twist, and he's still getting used now and then anyway. Iron Lad popped up in the last exiles run, he'll probably pop up again at some point. Most likely in Champions anyway, as that's long overdue for a YA vs Champions clash.

I don't really think we're looking at a Young Avengers style movie anytime soon. A New Avengers, with some younger heroes, maybe, but not the teen hero "caterpillar" program stuff. Part of what made YA work was the entrie "Not what you think it is" angle and uniqueness of it at the time. Now we'd likely see a Champions film before a YA lineup of "Young versions of existing Avengers".

Plus we don't even have the Patriot storyline or entire backstory there in the MCU and I don't think they really want to go there being such a lighthearted popcorn blockbuster making studio anyway. It'd basically change around so much story and character history to work that there's no point in going with Young Avengers, might as well go the Champions "young heroes as an alternative to the old guard's ways" plot.

Unless we get Jessica Jones wrangling the kids, in which case I'm all for it.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:08 PM #635
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I sort of see a Spider-man movie where he leads a few young heroes who are being groomed as the next Avengers

Spider-man: Home schooled

Fury calls in Spider-man to watch a few new heroes
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:11 PM #636
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I sort of see a Spider-man movie where he leads a few young heroes who are being groomed as the next Avengers
Where have I heard this premise before.......
Old June 16th, 2019, 02:49 PM #637
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Spider-man: Home schooled

Fury calls in Spider-man to watch a few new heroes
As long as it's not Spider-Man: Daycare
Old June 17th, 2019, 12:41 PM #638
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Ludi Lin might be moving from DC over to Marvel. After playing Murk in Aquaman, Disney is rumored to be eyeing him for the titular role in Shang-Chi. Donnie Yen is reportedly being eyed for another part in the film.

Donnie Yen and Power Rangers Star Ludi Lin Rumored to Be up for Marvelís Shang-Chi Roles
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 12:51 PM #639
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Well, looks like things are still looking great for PR2017 alumni if true.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 01:04 PM #640
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Source is the Hashtag Show and... how accurate are they normally?
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote