Home Menu

Menu

Old April 26th, 2019, 09:05 PM #1841
> d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

My dino charge red came in from hasbro.

I didn't have any major paint problems. Y'all really had me worried. A few black spots that rubbed off with my shirt and a bit of spit. The actors head had some black hair bleed on his face and a dot on his face but at least it's the head I'll rarely use.

I think I dug my fingernail into the masked head trying to get it off and it left an imprint on the black of the visor and that bothers me more than anything because I'm dumb and did it.

Hopefully I luck out with the others.

Edit: black dot came off the actors face, found two spots on the side of the boots that have paint spots though that don't seems to be coming off.

Last edited by d3monicwolv3s; April 26th, 2019 at 09:13 PM.
d3monicwolv3s is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 08:54 AM #1842
> OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

Been mini-hunting the last week and haven't seen any of the Lightning figures. I'm going to go see Endgame, then after that do a more intense hunt.

On the subject of the paint issues, I am a bit nervous now. I've never experienced poor paint application on Hasbro's more established lines like Marvel Legends, Star Wars, and Transformers so I'm hoping that they can correct this quickly at the factory.
OutlawRockman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 09:04 AM #1843
> Havoc0213
Power Ranger

Havoc0213
Power Ranger

OutlawRockman wrote: View Post

On the subject of the paint issues, I am a bit nervous now. I've never experienced poor paint application on Hasbro's more established lines like Marvel Legends, Star Wars, and Transformers so I'm hoping that they can correct this quickly at the factory.
The last store I stopped at in my search for the LC figures, I stepped over to the Marvel figures to see if they suffered from the same QC issues. Sure, there were minor issues here and there, but nothing huge like you easily see on their PR figures. I hope they get their shit together quickly, too!
Havoc0213 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 09:34 AM #1844
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Havoc0213 wrote: View Post

The last store I stopped at in my search for the LC figures, I stepped over to the Marvel figures to see if they suffered from the same QC issues. Sure, there were minor issues here and there, but nothing huge like you easily see on their PR figures. I hope they get their shit together quickly, too!
You need to look at their older sculpts, they had tons of things wrong back then. It's a blessing there's little complaint with the body mold, so something was done right from the start.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 27th, 2019, 12:46 PM #1845
> GrandDelusion
VIP Rider

GrandDelusion
VIP Rider

Target has a $5 off $15 coupon in one of their catalogs, I know I'll be using it for the Lightning Collection next week in case anyone else wants to get on board. It's in store only.
GrandDelusion is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 01:24 PM #1846
> d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

Took a quick photo outside.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 27th, 2019, 01:48 PM #1847
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

kibapower wrote: View Post

You need to look at their older sculpts, they had tons of things wrong back then. It's a blessing there's little complaint with the body mold, so something was done right from the start.
Personally, I'm overall pleased with how things came out, QC issues and all. Not saying people shouldn't complain, some of those QC examples I've seen around are atrocious and I hope they address some of the not-quite-screen-accurate bits as the line moves forward. Just that in balance, I'm happier with what I think they did well over what they did wrong. It may be Hasbro, but it doesn't mean it is the same people who make Black Series or Legends working on it and it may be different facilities physically producing it, so for a first go with a new line, I'm pleasantly surprised.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 03:15 PM #1848
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Found Zedd at Walmart in Chicago. Actually I found them all. Wish I went there first as they had some good versions of White Ranger and Shadow Ranger.
The QC issues with the paints and parts is inconsistent so when you get them online you obviously can't pick the good versions. Of course you really shouldn't have to.
I hope Hasbro addresses my two right handed White Ranger.

My Zedd is near perfect. Just some little paint knicks on the lower back but that is seriously so minor. If you want to be real accurate with these figures you are going to need to paint them. Zedd for instance is gonna need some chrome/silver applied to some areas. I might give the staff some chrome. Now to be truly accurate, that staff is going to need some tape.........
But yeah a dark wash and polish for the best look.

Okay which way is the stinger of staff supposed to point. I've looked at some many pics from the show and it seems to point both ways. It's like it curves the way on the toy after Zedd got hitched. I wonder if the good Staff was damaged at some point which is why we got a taped up version which reversed the curve.

Anyway, Zedd also shows to me that Hasbro needs to ditch the White Ranger/DC Red hands and go larger ones like Shadow. Larger hands are just better.
DesignIncase is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 08:04 PM #1849
> The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

Hasbro's Lightning Collection is pretty great, and I'm glad I skipped the Legacy line.

Though I'm glad I picked up a White and Red Ranger from Walmart, while I waited for my Hasbro order to arrive. The Red ranger I grabbed from Walmart was perfect, except a spot on his visor was unpainted. The White Ranger I got from Hasbro was near perfect, except the paint was misaligned on the helmet. My one complaint about Zedd is that they made his chest piece out of a soft rubber, which unfortunately, if messed with too often, will cause the paint to chip and crack. Aside from that I look forward to future waves, and can't wait to complete the teams I like.
The Magic Pie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 08:09 PM #1850
> d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

These figures are wild, you can recreate so many moments from the show.
Old April 27th, 2019, 08:11 PM #1851
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

The Magic Pie wrote: View Post

Hasbro's Lightning Collection is pretty great, and I'm glad I skipped the Legacy line.

Though I'm glad I picked up a White and Red Ranger from Walmart, while I waited for my Hasbro order to arrive. The Red ranger I grabbed from Walmart was perfect, except a spot on his visor was unpainted. The White Ranger I got from Hasbro was near perfect, except the paint was misaligned on the helmet. My one complaint about Zedd is that they made his chest piece out of a soft rubber, which unfortunately, if messed with too often, will cause the paint to chip and crack. Aside from that I look forward to future waves, and can't wait to complete the teams I like.
I agree, I'm happy with the line because the figures blend in nicely with the 90's figures and also the figuarts. As much as I like the legacy figures, they are way too big and take up a lot of space.
Dyl is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 09:38 PM #1852
> mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

mike909
Dragon Ranger 4 Life

DesignIncase wrote: View Post

Okay which way is the stinger of staff supposed to point. I've looked at some many pics from the show and it seems to point both ways. It's like it curves the way on the toy after Zedd got hitched. I wonder if the good Staff was damaged at some point which is why we got a taped up version which reversed the curve.
Here some pics if Zedd when he first came to show (single) LoL
And also after got together (Married) XD

And here is a drawing how It should be.
Drawing is by marama artz

mike909 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 09:45 PM #1853
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

d3monicwolv3s wrote: View Post

https://i.imgur.com/zVpHZM2.jpg

These figures are wild, you can recreate so many moments from the show.
Huh must've missed that episode.
a squad is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 10:29 PM #1854
> d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

I got the other three in the mail today. The paint isn't as bad as I thought Ixd be getting from what people are describing here.
Lord zedd the chest piece had some black showing I actually made it worse seeing if it would come off by rubbing it gently. Don't think the paint was sealed on to well there. Would not advise messing with that piece.

The 100 red paint bled onto the body some. Which is a shame because your eye is drawn to it. Would a black paint marker work to cover it up?

Some gold over paint. Some small places on the helmet are slightly off with the paint. The visor is a bit off on one side, but unless you're up close looking for it you wouldn't see it.

a squad wrote: View Post

Huh must've missed that episode.
I had some details wrong sorry.

Last edited by d3monicwolv3s; April 27th, 2019 at 11:42 PM.
Old April 27th, 2019, 11:13 PM #1855
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Please. No lewd or inappropriate pictures of kids toys in awkward positions.
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 12:24 AM #1856
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

d3monicwolv3s wrote: View Post

I got the other three in the mail today. The paint isn't as bad as I thought Ixd be getting from what people are describing here.
Lord zedd the chest piece had some black showing I actually made it worse seeing if it would come off by rubbing it gently. Don't think the paint was sealed on to well there. Would not advise messing with that piece.
https://i.imgur.com/iFERCrg.jpg
The 100 red paint bled onto the body some. Which is a shame because your eye is drawn to it. Would a black paint marker work to cover it up?
https://i.imgur.com/6st4zMw.jpg
Some gold over paint. Some small places on the helmet are slightly off with the paint. The visor is a bit off on one side, but unless you're up close looking for it you wouldn't see it.
https://i.imgur.com/qKACx92.jpg

I had some details wrong sorry.
https://i.imgur.com/WETSRDa.jpg
Ahh NOW I remember the episode. The chair helped my memory. Yeah that ep was really wierd.
a squad is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 08:21 AM #1857
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Please. No lewd or inappropriate pictures of kids toys in awkward positions.
Don't mini mod. The picture itself is fine, it's not explicit.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 09:03 AM #1858
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

They’re both fully clothed! Kind of.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 11:33 AM #1859
> OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

OutlawRockman
Power Ranger

Oh I remember that episode now. Besides the Zedd/Tommy plot, this was the episode where Rito and Goldar tried to cheat on their history test by switching places when the lights went out.
OutlawRockman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 11:48 AM #1860
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

They’re both fully clothed! Kind of.
can you really be naked if you dont have skin?
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends