Home Menu

Menu

Old January 3rd, 2019, 07:21 AM #3541
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Will the Legacy Auto-morphin figures be worth anything in the future?
MK19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 08:14 AM #3542
> rb123
Corinth Ranger

rb123
Corinth Ranger

MK19 wrote: View Post

Will the Legacy Auto-morphin figures be worth anything in the future?
Nah, I just came back from there. Not worth very much.

But I actually did find Black and Blue at Midtown Comics in Manhattan. Unfortunately, Billy is cross-eyed and Zack can't stay in his unmorphed form. Very disappointing.
rb123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 08:23 AM #3543
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

rb123 wrote: View Post

Nah, I just came back from there. Not worth very much.

But I actually did find Black and Blue at Midtown Comics in Manhattan. Unfortunately, Billy is cross-eyed and Zack can't stay in his unmorphed form. Very disappointing.
Wow that bad?

I'm trying to decide if i should open Red and Green or not. I want to play with them but i'm also concerned that I wont be able to sell if i need to in the future. Kinda wish they went for boxed packaging
Old January 3rd, 2019, 10:58 AM #3544
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

The original flipheads are still in such generous supply that they don't go for much above their original retail value. The reissues probably won't appreciate much in value, either. If resell value is all that's keeping you from opening up, crack them things open.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:26 PM #3545
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

The original flipheads are still in such generous supply that they don't go for much above their original retail value. The reissues probably won't appreciate much in value, either. If resell value is all that's keeping you from opening up, crack them things open.
It was so stupid to re release them in the first place when the originals are pretty easy to find with a simple google search.

The series 2 and the metallic editions however........
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 04:42 PM #3546
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

It was so stupid to re release them in the first place when the originals are pretty easy to find with a simple google search.

The series 2 and the metallic editions however........
I think the idea was to target the casual nostalgic crowd. People who wouldn't go out of their way to seek out old Power Ranger toys, but who might find themselves wandering through a Target or Game Stop and be like, "Oh, yeah, I remember these. I should pick some up for old times' sake."
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:25 PM #3547
> livemrcraig
Power Ranger

livemrcraig
Power Ranger

While the old flip heads are easy and cheap to get the legacy flip holds are still superior molds. My Legacy Green ranger flip armor is easily 10x better than my og flip armor.
livemrcraig is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 02:24 AM #3548
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

If i manage to get hold of a full team then im definitely opening...
Old January 4th, 2019, 04:32 AM #3549
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

I think the idea was to target the casual nostalgic crowd. People who wouldn't go out of their way to seek out old Power Ranger toys, but who might find themselves wandering through a Target or Game Stop and be like, "Oh, yeah, I remember these. I should pick some up for old times' sake."
That was exactly the reaction my youngest brother had at Target. I don't know if he went back to get one yet or not (he's more a casual fan, not super into collecting Power Rangers stuff but has interest in a few things here and there), but he told me how it caught his attention with not only being the toys we used to have a few of, but the packaging and even the tattoo hitting all the nostalgia buttons.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 07:48 AM #3550
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

livemrcraig wrote: View Post

While the old flip heads are easy and cheap to get the legacy flip holds are still superior molds. My Legacy Green ranger flip armor is easily 10x better than my og flip armor.
One of the few things bandai did right.

I was shocked at how sturdy that shield was. Its like going from the cloth shield to the real foam shield in the show lol.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 09:05 AM #3551
> rb123
Corinth Ranger

rb123
Corinth Ranger

I was shocked at how sturdy that shield was. Its like going from the cloth shield to the real foam shield in the show lol.
It really is, and the ability to turn the civilian heads is a major plus. I wonder why the Ranger heads can't turn.

However, my dream version of these would have been the prototype versions of the auto morphin figures. How cool would that have been?! The faces look better, the Ranger helmets look a LOT better, and there's more detail and paint overall. The chest emblems are gone and the paint on the arms goes down to the forearms, just like on the show. If they could still include the turning heads, better Tommy shield, and a bit more detail on the morphers and (gasp) painted weapons, these could have been really special. Well worth 20 to 25 dollars.

As they are, they're just another variation. The faces look more smooth and cartoon-ish than the originals, and there's an overall lighter feel to them that makes them seem cheaper. The weapon detail is only slightly improved, and the very real possibility that we won't get Trini makes the whole endeavor disappointing for a collector. To release White Tommy, Adam, Aisha, Rocky, and maybe even a new MMPR Kat would have been a surefire win for Bandai.
rb123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 06:48 PM #3552
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay

Ya know, Im pretty sure Im the only one who actually thinks the suits looked better WITH the emblems.
Falcon6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 10:42 PM #3553
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Frankly... I don't really get applauding Bandai for that as if they did a good. Like... the only way the shield would be coming off unintentionally on the old figure is if you pushed the button to switch the head which you're not supposed to do... It's like giving them a high five because the arms of a megazord are really secure and doesn't fall apart when you lift it by the arm only... as if that's something you should be doing anyway. LOOK AT HOW MUCH OF A BEATING THIS TOY CAN TAKE! Nah Jack... you're investing in problems that don't exist if you handle your toys in any sort of reasonable way and short falling places where the money could be better spent...
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 04:32 AM #3554
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Falcon6 wrote: View Post

Ya know, Im pretty sure Im the only one who actually thinks the suits looked better WITH the emblems.
On merchandise, artwork I prefer the emblems but i think that is more because of nostalgia...

Any more sighting of the Legacy Automorphin figures?

Last edited by MK19; January 5th, 2019 at 05:03 AM.
Old January 5th, 2019, 06:59 AM #3555
> StealthFury
Power Ranger

StealthFury
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Frankly... I don't really get applauding Bandai for that as if they did a good. Like... the only way the shield would be coming off unintentionally on the old figure is if you pushed the button to switch the head which you're not supposed to do... It's like giving them a high five because the arms of a megazord are really secure and doesn't fall apart when you lift it by the arm only... as if that's something you should be doing anyway. LOOK AT HOW MUCH OF A BEATING THIS TOY CAN TAKE! Nah Jack... you're investing in problems that don't exist if you handle your toys in any sort of reasonable way and short falling places where the money could be better spent...
The shield on my old figure would fall off just from moving the figure around. I didn't even have to push the button.
StealthFury is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 07:21 AM #3556
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

StealthFury wrote: View Post

The shield on my old figure would fall off just from moving the figure around. I didn't even have to push the button.
Same with mine, just a slight shake and it will be off...

That's why I loved my White Ranger back in the day, the shield was perfect
Old January 5th, 2019, 09:53 PM #3557
> ⚡ModRn
Dance Like Nobody's Watching

ModRn
Dance Like Nobody's Watching

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I've owned at least 3 different Green Ranger flipheads in my 30 years, and all of the shields would fall off if you breathed on them.
ModRn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 12:20 AM #3558
> jwk94
Power Ranger

jwk94
Power Ranger

Does GameStop have the Legacy Blade Blaster available yet?
jwk94 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 06:20 AM #3559
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

its been available online for a while now.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 08:21 AM #3560
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

And in store for awhile. Just some stores arenít getting them or havenít received them yet. Blaster, Saba, Dagger and both Legacy Morphers are both online and in store now.

Youíll just have to go to GameStopís website, search and enter your zip to see if theyíre close to you. Or call them.
Lord Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote