Home Menu

Menu

Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:45 PM #61
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

Oh, please yes. That movie was such a fresh take on several concepts.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:16 AM #62
> PRFAN1013
Power Ranger

PRFAN1013
Power Ranger

I hope 2018 will be a good year for horror.
PRFAN1013 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:07 AM #63
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Children of the Corn: Runaway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GxEGJ1oZjQ
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:09 AM #64
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Dead2009 wrote: View Post

Children of the Corn: Runaway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GxEGJ1oZjQ
Any reason why you put hide tags on trailers of horror films? Just curious.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:13 AM #65
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Any reason why you put hide tags on trailers of horror films? Just curious.
I do it mainly so it doesnt slow the page down (Ive seen people on other sites say too many youtube videos will do that) and for whatever reason it wont allow me to embed the videos themselves inside spoiler tags.
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:16 AM #66
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

Oh, please yes. That movie was such a fresh take on several concepts.
I haven't seen Happy Death Day, but I've been curious about it. I mean admittedly the trailer didn't scream really interesting, but looked like it might be entertaining enough. I'm considering renting it sometime soon.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:55 AM #67
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

I watched the first two Hellraiser films where Clive Barker had direct involvement. The first is good, but I had a lot of problems with the sequel Hellbound.

I think its greatest strength is attempting to set up Julia as the successor to Pinhead. It never stuck since Pinhead went on to become the flagship character, but Clare Higgins does such a fantastic job. I liked the subtleties of Hell represented as a labyrinth, and while Leviathan isn't exactly intimidating, it gets kudos for its abstract diamond representation with the black light emanating "God" in Morse code. Very creative. Ashley and Imogen do great jobs as Kirsty and Tiffany, and Doug is excellent as always. Wearing Julia's skin at the end was a pretty gross and clever idea.

I liked Kenneth as Dr. Channard before he transformed, but I have the hardest time believing Channard is an almighty powerful Cenobite, largely because of his characterization and production values. Pinhead waxes poetic and philosophical about the nature of good and evil in every one of his appearances. He's a deep thinker and embraces that. Once Channard transforms, he spends the entire film spewing bad medical puns like a cartoon villain. He also isn't afforded a lot of movement for being constantly connected to Leviathan, but he doesn't look intimidating as he floats through the air, as if that's supposed to be cool.

The climactic scene with Channard vs the other Cenobites was such a letdown. Each of them simply stands there and takes his attacks without moving. Fans have argued it's because they were in such shock at having their humanity abruptly exposed by Kirsty that they froze like deer in headlights before Channard's might. But I'm not convinced of that at all. Pinhead tries to fight Channard with some of his trademark chains, and I wish each of the Cenobites had tried to fight back in their own special way. Such as, I would have liked to see the Chatterer or the Glutton try to bite Channard only to get a finger-snake rammed down his throat.

I also didn't quite get Channard's accidental death scene, where his connecting tentacle kills him with upward pressure because he can't wrench his own hooks out of the ground. That seems a pretty weak vulnerability. And Tiffany only screams for her life when she sees his severed head swinging in the air and no other time before?

In all I think it was a pretty disjointed sequel that lacks a lot of the oomph of the original.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 06:06 PM #68
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

I do it mainly so it doesnt slow the page down (Ive seen people on other sites say too many youtube videos will do that) and for whatever reason it wont allow me to embed the videos themselves inside spoiler tags.
Just post them as links, it's the same work on your end and less work on ours.
Chiron723 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 03:39 AM #69
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Merlin wrote: View Post

The climactic scene with Channard vs the other Cenobites was such a letdown. Each of them simply stands there and takes his attacks without moving. Fans have argued it's because they were in such shock at having their humanity abruptly exposed by Kirsty that they froze like deer in headlights before Channard's might. But I'm not convinced of that at all. Pinhead tries to fight Channard with some of his trademark chains, and I wish each of the Cenobites had tried to fight back in their own special way. Such as, I would have liked to see the Chatterer or the Glutton try to bite Channard only to get a finger-snake rammed down his throat.
Yeah, this was my main problem with the movie, too. Pinhead and the others should have had Channard dead to rights based on pure experience alone. Why would he be powerful enough to slaughter four other Cenobites right out of the gate? I might not have minded them being vulnerable to his attacks if at least he was vulnerable to theirs, but he shrugs off Pinhead's chains like they're nothing. It makes no sense.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 04:04 AM #70
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

Yeah, this was my main problem with the movie, too. Pinhead and the others should have had Channard dead to rights based on pure experience alone. Why would he be powerful enough to slaughter four other Cenobites right out of the gate? I might not have minded them being vulnerable to his attacks if at least he was vulnerable to theirs, but he shrugs off Pinhead's chains like they're nothing. It makes no sense.
Budget cuts likely prevented them from longer fights. Even what we see of Channard's finger-snakes is really long and complicated stop-motion that must have cost a fortune and long hours. To do that with three others besides Pinhead probably was too expensive. It's sad really, but why not at least just try something simpler like run up and slash the guy with blades and be stabbed in return? The others just exist to be seen, while Pinhead does all the work. The flow is really off.

I watched 3 with Terry Farrell, who in my opinion couldn't act to save her life then or on Star Trek. The film itself is worse than 2, but I really, really love seeing Doug as Elliot Spencer. I'm so glad they fleshed out his character here (ha!) because as a human Doug has a really fantastic presence on screen. He's got absolutely gorgeous blue eyes like Peter O'Toole, and that caring fatherly presentation. I'd have loved to see a prequel movie entirely about Elliot's human life, WWI and India, with the Box only at the very end.

What dramatic roles has Doug done?
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2018, 04:12 AM #71
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

PRFAN1013 wrote: View Post

I hope 2018 will be a good year for horror.
Having watched Netflix's The Open House over the weekend, it's off to an insanely bad start. What a horrible piece of shit.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2018, 11:00 AM #72
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Mike Flanagan Directing Stephen King’s ‘The Shining’ Sequel ‘Doctor Sleep’!
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...-doctor-sleep/
Old January 26th, 2018, 04:46 PM #73
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

Having watched Netflix's The Open House over the weekend, it's off to an insanely bad start. What a horrible piece of shit.
This is true. Gosh. I usually support horror movies finding something I liked (there's this peruvian movie called Cementerio General that everyone hates, but I like it because of a few stuff on it). This movie felt like an opening scene to a horror movie, but extended. And not the "When a Stranger Calls Remake" kinda extended.

I say this because of the ending, of course.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 09:37 AM #74
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Deep Blue Sea 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF465jHpqXk
Old January 27th, 2018, 01:17 PM #75
> MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

red-thunder wrote: View Post

As anyone seen the Nightmare On Elm Street documentary called Never Sleep Again? It's probably the best documentary I've ever seen about a horror franchises.
Nah haven’t seen it but Halloween:25 Years Of Terror and His Name Was Jason: 30 Years Of Friday The 13th are great documentaries
MysteryRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 01:21 PM #76
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger wrote: View Post

Nah haven’t seen it but Halloween:25 Years Of Terror and His Name Was Jason: 30 Years Of Friday The 13th are great documentaries
bit of a warning, don't watch it if you don't have 4-5 hours to kill. It is a long one.
Chiron723 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 03:30 PM #77
> oldranger25
Power Ranger

oldranger25
Power Ranger

Crystal Lake Memories is even longer clocking it at around 7 hours and is highly recommended if you enjoyed His Name Was Jason as it goes a lot more in depth on some of the behind the scenes stuff
oldranger25 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 06:54 PM #78
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Wow yeah...that's a thing I didn't expect to see. I mean I enjoy the original, it's fun for a simple movie. But there's just no need for that sequel. I laughed though because it does look like it hits several similar key points that were in the first one. For a second I even though I saw Thomas Jane in the water when they were doing the click test, the guy looked so similar. I mean I swear he's wearing the same sleeveless wetsuit...

Oh, got to watching Happy Death Day last night. It was fun. Not amazing, but entertaining. I admit I was suspicious about the killer early on but then actually forgot about it until near the end. And then had the motivations wrong but yeah, entertaining enough.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 11:10 PM #79
> Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

I hated Happy Death Day at first. But as I watched I appreciated how she changed by the end for the most part.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 10:36 PM #80
> E-ratic Wizard
Profession Waahwe

E-ratic Wizard
Profession Waahwe

Im not really a big horror person. If i had to pick a favorite from what ive seen then Last Shift is my favorite. Least favorite is the Babadook. I dont understand why so many people like it.
E-ratic Wizard is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote