Home Menu

Menu

Old June 11th, 2017, 08:47 PM #21
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Allio wrote: View Post

the title was hardly the point though. As the conversation was the plot outline. The title was a catalyst as so I didn't have to go into complete summary of the film (and it was shit) also pointing out regarding "title" really misses the point.

Also, remember the controversy of "Hatred," yeah neither does anyone else. I wouldn't really put much thought into the game.
And which major console manufacturer was presenting "Hatred" in their big E3 presentation again? Oh yeah...None of them.

But okay, I'll bite. I've got little to honestly go on, but this guy better realize that he's gotta live with the gigantic target he just put on his game here. If he manages to fumble on either the story/plotting or the gameplay, mixing either of those (or god forbid, both) with such a divisively political stance could do a lot of damage to him professionally.
Crow T. Robot is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 08:57 PM #22
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Also you have to admit. It's a unique situation. Can't say I have played a game like that.

Also my first thought was a "femdom" world.
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:16 PM #23
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

To be fair, the gaming world allowed.... Whatever thing Zoe Quinn created. Remember that game? Nope, no one?
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:26 PM #24
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

There's even a fucking leveling system! Although in this case, it looks more like the leveling system from Far Cry. Yet another Ubisoft game.
I take it you didn't play Syndicate or maybe forget that it had a leveling system as well with a skill tree?

Being an AC fan and replaying the franchise as we speak, I'm pretty excited for this, though the giant snake was a big wtf to me as well......I know they can get away with a little bit of mystical stuff here and there but I think they're pushing it.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:43 PM #25
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade wrote: View Post

To be fair, the gaming world allowed.... Whatever thing Zoe Quinn created. Remember that game? Nope, no one?
is she and what's her name even still relevant?
Allio is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:08 PM #26
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Well this is something else I was excited to see and was hoping for after it was rumored over a year ago. On top of Nazis you'll also be able to fight KKK members. Comes out on Oct 27.....same day as AC: Origins. Well this is gonna drive me insane having to pick which one to play first <_<
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:19 PM #27
> Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

I thoroughly enjoyed Bethesda's showcase, it was shorter than the other two but it was refreshing to see them show off games coming very soon instead of a year or years away. May not have shown a new IP but with the announcement of a new wolfenstein and evil within game. That makes me pretty damn happy.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:27 PM #28
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Bethesda's next.

As a theme park nerd...yeah I'm giggling in delight at "Bethesdaland".

-Bethesda VR

As was announced previously...yeah, DOOM (4) and Fallout 4 getting VR support.

I currently don't own a VR rig but it could be neat to play those games again in VR.

-Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind

Yeah...Morrowind expansion.

Have heard that the game has massively improved since launch. Have this

-Creation Club

Ok, so making a more centralized hub for mods. That's cool. Always nice to bring a more centralized UX t-

Wait-wait-wait. Credits? The hell is this? What is it? Why does this need an extra currency? What is the point of it being there?

-Elder Scrolls: Legends DLC/Content Drops

I....don't care about Legends. But good for the game to get even more content.

-Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Switch

Fascinating. How nice that Bethesda reminds us that this exis-

OHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOD

AMIIBO SUPPORT

ZELDA GEAR. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

-Dishonored 2 DLC - Death of the Outsider

Awwww shit. Daud's back!

...sort of. The cinematic trailer leads me with the impression you aren't playing as him. Seems to suggest more that you're playing as Billie. Maybe it's the same format as the base game where you have the option to play as one of two protagonists? Choosing between Daud or Billie? Dunno.

My copy of Dishonored 2 is still kinda just...sitting there. Egh.

-Quake Champions

Bethesda's streak on bringing back classic 90's shooters continues.

Yeah, Champions looks insanely fun. Bringing the Arena shooter in style. No idea how it'll do now in a post-Overwatch world, but we'll see.

And sweet, BJ Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein is here.

-The Evil Within 2

...welp I'm never eating yogurt again.

But yeah, Shinji Mikami's pseudo-spiritual successor to Resident Evil is back. Haven't played first Evil Within, but have heard that as a survival horror game, it's pretty kickass

-Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Well the Quake thing was fortuitous: everyone's favorite Jewish Nazi slayer is back.

Back in this alternate world America, back to cause a whole lot of mayhem.

Also sitting on my copy of The New Order. Need to get to that.

------------------------------------------------

Verdict:...ok yeah Bethesda this year was a bit disappointing.

Most of their stuff this press conference was on DLC, reaffirming upcoming games we already know are coming, and only two new game announcements. And naturally, not confirming or denying the existence of this "Starfield".

I think this really showed that, while it's great that Bethesda is out there taking an E3 stage on their own, on the other hand it does show how in comparison to the other publishers with their own conference (EA, Ubisoft) Bethesda is...tiny. That they currently can't push out the amount of games those companies have, and thus have far less to show at their conferences.

On the other hand...there's the sense that Bethesda knows exactly who they are and gets the job done. Thus far they have the shortest conference. They didn't bullshit, they didn't waste anyone's time with awkward presenters, or dumb skits. They made their announcements, one after the other, and then ended when they were done. Additionally, all the announcements made was stuff that was going to release this year. Keeping the hype train short and sweet and not dragging it out for several years (unlike certain...other game companies).

I can respect that kind of company/marketing policy. I just wish the content announced within it was more worthwhile.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:33 PM #29
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Allio wrote: View Post

is she and what's her name even still relevant?
Just someone who's still vying for attention.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:41 PM #30
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Growing up sucks. Especially if you have to be the adult.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 01:12 AM #31
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

I was looking at a page within the store tab on my Xbox One console to pre order games shown at E3, oddly enough, Wolfenstein 2 has a digital deluxe pre order with a season pass for $80. Doesn't say whats on it, just "stay tuned".

So.....is this going to have some serious single player DLC packs.....or is this game finally going to have multiplayer on it? I hope not because the lack of a multiplayer is what made the last 2 good with more attention focused on the main game.

Also noticed poking around the pre-order for AC: Origins, one of the pre order things is a mission called "Ambush at sea" which shows boats in the cover image. I don't know if they explicitly said the game did/didn't have naval combat in this game, but this would certainly hint at it.
Old June 12th, 2017, 01:18 AM #32
> graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay

Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

Microsoft revealed some new game called "The Last Night" at E3.

and within hours its creator was revealed to be a massive mysogynistic asshole, summing up the games' plot on social media as "a dystopian world where feminism won."
I was immediately taken by the artistic direction (looks like someone's been watching a little too much Blade Runner), but when the pixelated characters were introduced, it mostly lost my interest.

This has made me lose interest in it even more...
graysonsyd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 02:30 AM #33
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

spikyboy wrote: View Post

I was immediately taken by the artistic direction (looks like someone's been watching a little too much Blade Runner), but when the pixelated characters were introduced, it mostly lost my interest.

This has made me lose interest in it even more...
"What would happen if we are too progressive". The. Fuck.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 02:32 AM #34
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Honestly, the fact it's made by the same company that made The Simpsons: Tapped Out and Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff, AKA HUGE money grabbers, to the point it's literally impossible to have everything in the games even if you played from the start, unless you spent thousands of dollars (due to limited-time events with outrageous premium currency requirements), doesn't bode too well.
That can't be right, as Tapped Out and Quest For Stuff aren't made by the same company as each other. Quest For Stuff is by TinyCo, not EA.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 02:53 AM #35
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

TheLastBlade wrote: View Post

You're serious right now?

Zoe Quinn created a game about trying to live with depression. Trying to compare that with "Hurrrr, what if the world sucked because Feminism won?" is like comparing apples to pickup trucks.
Old June 12th, 2017, 03:20 AM #36
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

McAster wrote: View Post

So here is a new thread to discuss as we regurally do, and all the important stuff coming out of the conferences.
Why do you never talk to us anymore unless it's to make new official threads?

$499 USD, smaller that the current Xbox One S, also helps introduce Xbox (original system from the 2000s) backward compatability, and true 4K resolution for both games and movies.
New hardware is six teraflop GPUs clocked at 1.172GHz, 12GB of GDDRS memory and 326GB per second of memory bandwidth. So games will look better and load faster.

Some games will be updated for free to 4K resolution, such as Gears of War 4. Other games will most likely cost money for an update or be re-released as a "remastered" edition.
Am I the only one who has really been beaten down by these endless resolution pushes?

Barely anything can be seen in 4K at the moment, and by the time it's standard, we'll already be buying equipment for even greater visual clarity. It's ultimately useless to bother.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 03:25 AM #37
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker

PrimoMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Why do you never talk to us anymore unless it's to make new official threads?
Because we are all a huge disappointment and don't deserve his majesty
Old June 12th, 2017, 04:30 AM #38
> Greensy Thunders
thwip thwip

Greensy Thunders
thwip thwip

....I finally caught a shiny Magikarp in Magikarp Jump. The hype is real.
Greensy Thunders is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 06:08 AM #39
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

Xbox One X was disappointing. No major exclusives and a graphics push at 450 is laughable. The Xbox One launched for 430 with a Kinect and that was deemed too expensive, giving Sony a huge boost early gen.

With the One X, the Pro looks better value for money. Sure it can't do U4K movies, but it does have a larger selection of 4K games to show off.

How many 4KTVs have even been sold? 4k just seems 'too new', something no one really should have supported until next gen. Both the pro and X seem like pointless upgrades for the time being.
WhiteMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2017, 07:09 AM #40
> DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger

DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger

Scott Cawthon has finally updated his websites.....

Hidden numbers in the "Twisted Freddy" picture can copied into the URL over "Freddy" to find two more hidden pics: a horrifically burnt and scarred version of Bonnie, and a mysterious new wolf animatronic. All of these pics may tie into the upcoming novel, Five Nights at Freddy's: The Twisted Ones.
DukeNukem 2417 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
video games