Home Menu

Menu

Old June 20th, 2017, 08:23 PM #81
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

This set of reviews is respectfully dedicated to the first well-known live-action Batman, the Bright Knight, Adam West. Farewell, old chum…

His Silicon Soul

~A.K.A. the sequel to Heart of Steel.

~My mind is wondering how Bats locked himself in that crate rather than his cool escape.

~Tense buildup.

~Batman is a robot?!?! Well… I guess that kinda explains how he packaged himself in that crate.

~Very interesting bit of identity crisis when we see robo-Batman looking himself in the mirror wondering to himself if he really is Bruce Wayne.

~Yeah… I’d kinda react the same way Alfred would in his situation right now.

~And now we have the real Batman exploring robo-Batman’s exploits via Jim Gordon’s investigation.

~I really love this idea of a third identity behind a realistic fake Batman with the third identity not knowing there is one.

~Yeah… having an emergency gas system as well as gas mask as security measures don’t work well against androids, admittedly.

~In case you didn’t know most of the backstory behind the Heart of Steel two-parter, here it is now!

~Meanwhile, at the farm of the future…

~Very nice confrontation conversation between Batman and Karl Rossum.

~Followed up by a shocking confrontation with Karl and H.A.R.D.A.C. Batman.

~Again, this idea of adding another identity to a Batman who thinks he’s real but not is very fascinating and kinda makes you wonder whether or not the fake is real and vice-versa.

~Batman, chill out. Here’s Batman to help you to do that. Wait…

~Water: the weakness to most malfunctioning machines.

~And here I thought the first instance of Batman vs Batman was in Justice League. Turns out I was totally wrong.

~I just noticed but why is it that red eyes are the best indicator that something is amiss with Batman?

~Holy… that unmasking…

~So… when confronted with robot-vision, cyber voices, and plot data: H.A.R.D.A.C. Batman now realizes his true function: a sequel to the previous Terminator/Invasion of the Body Snatchers plot. Well, Judgment Day is considered one of THE best sequels of all time, and there is some potential for yet another reboot of IotBS…

~If I’m not mistaken, this is the first instance of Kevin Conroy interacting with himself and it really works.

~Okay… seriously… why can’t anyone tell that red eyes means that there is something wrong with Batman?

~That robo-unmasking is still really creepy…

~Batman disbelieves that Batman can be so resilient. Wait…

~It’s not every day you see Batman trying to reason with a robot duplicate of himself in the Batcave.

~Finger lasers? Well… I guess that technically doesn’t count as a gun so technically H.A.R.D.A.C. Batman isn’t breaking the no gun rule.

~Two-Face Terminator Batman… that’s a very interesting combination…

~Am I crazy… or is this conversation between human Batman and H.A.R.D.A.C. Batman unintentional foreshadowing to League Batman vs Lord Batman?

~Geez… that breakdown of H.A.R.D.A.C. Batman…

~Somewhat of a Title Drop.

Fire from Olympus

~This mission is so stealthy, Jim has to use a match instead of a flashlight to check the time.

~Wrong meeting place for both parties apparently.

~Anything but a dead-end alleyway with no visible way to climb over it!

~Someone is taking his roleplaying WAY too seriously…

~Plot details, gotta love them when you don’t know what’s going on.

~Welp… I now kinda know what happened to Stavros now…

~Meanwhile at Not Olympus…

~Oh… so that explains the roleplaying our villain du jour is doing…

~Maxie: “I make my own laws.” …Nope… not making any jokes to a certain other corrupt businessman right now who’s trying to do just that…

~Batman is Hades? Well… Hades is often misunderstood and falsely accused of being a full-blown villain at times, so… I’d say Maxie’s roleplay assessment is fairly accurate.

~No ambrosia to go along with the nectar, Maxie? You’re a terrible roleplay host.

~Okay, now you’re getting your mythologies confused, Maxie, as Vulcan is Hephaestus’ Roman name. If you wanna keep up this charade, at least keep to the one Pantheon.

~I agree with this secretary lady: don’t encourage your boss’s roleplay and do something to help him before you’re all out of a job/in jail.

~At least Batman is trying to take this situation somewhat seriously like Maxie’s secretary.

~Gotta love that dramatic ass lightning.

~The next great age of Greek Mythology, Maxie? So… going by comic logic, you’re going to usher in the Silver Age of Greek mythos in your roleplaying?

~So… “Hades” is helping “Hera” to bring “Zeus” to his senses… yup, definitely sounds like modern Greek mythos…

~So… why couldn’t Batman sneak into Not Olympus by himself again?

~Dang it random employee, you’re not helping out your boss mentally in the long run!

~Oh NOW you realize how far off your boss has gone with his roleplay random employee. Well, too little, too late…

~Welp… there goes the police budget for their zeppelins…

~Okay… that explains why the random employees are playing along with their boss’s roleplay now, even though we saw for a very brief moment he wasn’t… he’s way, WAY into his role now.

~When exactly did “Hades” become the hero and “Zeus” become the villain in this situation?

~Oh, NOW you acknowledge that Batman isn’t Hades, Maxie! Make up a consistent campaign already!

~That is one well-trained snake.

~Bat Snake-Repellant is now a thing, I guess.

~The snake was the hydra? If it was multiple snakes, I’d probably believe it was that or Medusa, but I guess you’re now just coming up with creative liberties in your roleplay, Maxie.

~Okay… lemme look up where a wild pig fits in Greek mythos because that part I honestly don’t know…*one Google search later* Okay, it’s either the Calydonian Boar or the Erymanthian Boar… given that Maxie compares his Batman’s situation as Heracles’ 12 trials, and going by my information, it’s definitely the latter Boar it’s probably referencing to.

~Yeah… no way Batman will get killed by falling out of a building whilst trying to tame a wild pig.

~Uh… Maxie… don’t do a serious version that one scene in Mazes and Monsters. Please don’t.

~Oh good, “Hades” is here to save “Zeus” from his madness.

~Not exactly the God of War Kratos way to take out a “harpy”, but it worked.

~So in addition to grapple guns, various gases, and any sort of weaponry, Batman is allowed to use explosives, but not guns…. Eh, why not?

~It’s never that easy to take down a god… even someone roleplaying one.

~Good thing Batman’s suit is partially made out of rubber, I think.

~In the end, “Hades” destroyed “Zeus’s” source of power using his signature weapon, and “Zeus” obsessed over his weapon tries to get it back, only for his source of power to turn on him. It’s… kinda poetic.

~”Zeus” is now amongst his fellow “Gods” in “Olympus” at last.

Read My Lips

~It’s kinda hard to read who’s the participants in this boxing match are, but best from what I can see it’s Dynamo Dave vs Mad Dog Teo,

~Kinda ballsy mugging managers of pro boxers, not gonna lie.

~Am I watching DC’s version of Spider-Man’s origin story now?

~Who plans a robbery escape with an escape truck with mattresses nowadays?

~A mob boss ventriloquist dummy… Well, according to the Ace Attorney Franchise, an alternate personality can manifest that way, so I’ll buy it.

~Spinning newspaper exposition!

~Part of me is still surprised that Jim takes Batman’s ninja traits by surprise still.

~At least one small piece of visual evidence is needed to identify these incredibly crafty criminals.

~Rhino? Are we definitely sure we’re talking about Batman and not Spider-Man in this episode?

~Okay, definitely a different Rhino than from Spider-Man since this guy’s real name is Charles Daly, whilst the Marvel Rhino has a Russian real name

~If Batman can’t coerce information from the only known suspect, he’ll just track the suspect down to his new HQ.

~This mobster ventriloquist dummy sounds a little stereotypical.

~Oh yeah, this is probably the point in time where Bruce hasn’t seen the extremely extraordinary things in the DCAU yet which might explain his utter shock, disbelief, and surprise that the new effective mob is run by a ventriloquist dummy.

~One of these mobsters is named Mugsy? Shout Out to Bugs Bunny, I guess.

~Ha. Pinocchio joke.

~So the literal puppet is the real mastermind whist the supposed mastermind is just a puppet. That’s… oddly metaphorical.

~This is the first time I’ve ever seen Batman so worried that a dummy will blow his cover.

~You know what… I kinda don’t blame Bruce for not buying that Scarface might actually be the real mastermind since he dealt with a role-player but didn’t roleplay himself last episode

~It’s… kinda unnerving seeing Scarface not move his lips in his bed whist The Ventriloquist just stands by his side, not holding him up at all, explain an excuse on what just happened to him.

~Of course, Bruce tries to rationalize that it might be multiple personality syndrome disorder whist talking to Alfred in the Batcave… when we literally saw last scene it might not be.

~Did Zatara also teach you that some things cannot be rationalized that easily and that sometimes the most far out explanation is often times the only one, Bruce? Because that seems to be what’s going on right now.

~Scarface is scary smart and paranoid.

~Busted at last!

~Or maybe not…

~Oddly simple deathtrap for Scarface.

~Actually, it kinda was Rhino who led Batman to find you, Scarface.

~So Batman calls out The Ventriloquist as the traitor? Well, it usually is the one who seems closest and most loyal to you who’s the double agent.

~Batman does good ventriloquism and imitation simultaneously himself.

~Part of me is both surprised and unsurprised that Scarface doesn’t react with more pain in having his hand cut off.

~And the payoff from the Batman vs Rhino fight alluded to earlier finally pays off in full.

~Not… exactly the way I imagined Scarface would go down, but it kinda works with the mob theme.

~The One Hundred Dollar Dummy: Coming to theatres near you!
RangerSentai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:41 AM #82
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

RangerSentai wrote: View Post

His Silicon Soul

~Batman is a robot?!?! Well… I guess that kinda explains how he packaged himself in that crate.
And he's not even in the top 10 Batman robots.

Okay… seriously… why can’t anyone tell that red eyes means that there is something wrong with Batman?
Only the audience ever sees eye tricks for some reason.

Fire from Olympus

~Okay, now you’re getting your mythologies confused, Maxie, as Vulcan is Hephaestus’ Roman name. If you wanna keep up this charade, at least keep to the one Pantheon.
You're shaming Herc and Xena's writers for mix-and-matching? Bad form, dude.

So in addition to grapple guns, various gases, and any sort of weaponry, Batman is allowed to use explosives, but not guns…. Eh, why not?
Explosions distract, bullets only kill. Makes sense to me.

Read My Lips

~Part of me is still surprised that Jim takes Batman’s ninja traits by surprise still.
Old people never stop being surprised.

This mobster ventriloquist dummy sounds a little stereotypical.
Since he's made up in someone's head, you expect the most obvious portrayal for sake of realism.

One of these mobsters is named Mugsy? Shout Out to Bugs Bunny, I guess.
You do know Bugs Bunny was named after the mobster Bugsy Siegel, right?

Batman does good ventriloquism and imitation simultaneously himself.
Always prepared, that one.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 08:06 PM #83
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Did like the commentary when they mentioned they deviated from the comics of having Scarface call Batman "Gatman". (IRL, some ventriloquists will have their dubbies use substitute sounds for "b's" and other sounds that they can't do without moving their lips).
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2017, 11:14 AM #84
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Wanted to post his on Homecoming's premiere date, but got distracted by the movie itself. Oh well.

The Worry Men

~Hey it’s Veronica Vreeland from Birds of a Feather back from a rainforest vacation!

~Oh hai LeVar Burton.

~Quasi-Title Drop.

~So… worry men are essentially… Tooth Fairy-esque prayer dolls? Well, whatever works, I guess.

~Hello… random shaman in Gotham.

~Actually, Bruce Wayne could use all of the worry men considering what will happen later on in his life, Veronica.

~Part of me will never understand how Bruce can quick change into Batman.

~Batman is being oddly talkative to random silent shaman.

~Well… random shaman definitely got away from Batman’s hands after pulling off THAT stunt…

~Bruce: “Tell me, Alfred: what’s an ancient Mayan witch doctor doing on a Gotham skyscraper?”
Alfred: “This isn’t one of those Riddler questions, is it?”
Bruce: “No, but it’s just as confusing.”
Best conversation yet. Hands down.

~I honestly didn’t know that this version of Alfred was superstitious…

~Huh… apparently those worry men Veronica brought back to Gotham DID work as advertised.

~Okay… that’s… kinda worrisome on how Bruce asked one of his secretaries for a briefcase full of money… which he then proceeds to leave outside his office window…

~This is getting stranger and stranger on how Bruce isn’t worried about potentially losing $20 million, but also not knowing about it when asked by his secretary…

~And random shaman proceeds to snatch the briefcase away… What in Gotham is going on?

~Huh… so it isn’t just Bruce randomly losing his money and not knowing why he did it, but all of Gotham’s richest who are losing their funds… and don’t exactly know themselves…

~First, manipulating the Penguin and now being indirectly involved with an unknown money loss scandal… Veronica can’t catch a break, can she?

~So even Veronica doesn’t know what’s going on as she was almost about to pull off a similar stunt that Bruce did via on a boat.

~Moar shamans!

~The World’s Greatest Detective can notice small details and understands patterns!

~So… advanced microchips are involved in this caper… is Cadmus also indirectly involved with this as well?

~So… Jervis Tetch a.k.a. the Mad Hatter… is doing all of this… purely for profit this time? Kind of a step down from your last two known excursions with the Dark Knight, Jervis, not gonna lie.

~Also… why did Jervis ask his henchmen to be dressed up like shamans wearing jaguar skins and using Mayan weaponry?

~Just how many abandoned company buildings are there in Gotham that villains use for hideouts, anyway?

~I gotta say… you’re doing a decent imitation of some of you fellow rogues with these dummies, Jervis.

~Again… what’s the logic in Jervis asking his henchmen to be dressed up like shamans?

~Hey, even Batman agrees with me that you’ve downgraded, Jervis.

~So… you spent a lot of money… for a scheme to make more money, Jervis? Or you could’ve just, you know, invested some those “limited” funds that you had into a bank or some stocks and bonds, or patent some of your tech to make even more cash, or even go gambling as a better money risk than this convoluted plot. Just saying.

~Oh NOW you go back to the Alice in Wonderland references that make sense by going off with Batman’s head to try and reveal his identity, Jervis!

~Maybe a little too late activating that jamming device, Bats…

~Seriously Jervis… why choose now to go back to your ol’ Alice in Wonderland shtick when throughout most of the episode you’ve been more random than the Joker in your decisions…

~Dang, that’s some quick reaction time from Batman there.

~Never insult your henchmen while they’re under mind control.

~That’s, like, the second time Batman has successfully used his costume as a distraction, or a copy of it in this case, and worked.

~A Batman worry men doll. Well, that’s a fitting punishment for Jervis from the shaman he got roped into this caper.

Sideshow

~And right off the bat I get an expositional newspaper that essentially tells me that this is going to be Killer Croc’s version of Birds of a Feather.

~I’d also do a spit take if I saw a crocodile man bite through chains.

~Not surprising Batman is disguised as one of the guards in case Croc wasn’t “sane and responsible”.

~Need better tranquilizers for the crocodile man.

~That was a rather short fight atop a moving train.

~Welp… now the “I threw a rock” joke/reference now comes full circle.

~Kinda surprised Croc was still able to walk off two great falls like that no problem while Batman took time to recover from just the one.

~Slow escape/chase sequence.

~Even with a mild concussion, Croc is still able to fell a tree to cross a gap to escape the Dark Knight.

~Okay, that time Croc pushed rocks rather than threw one, technically.

~Really need to work more on that flying Batsuit, Bruce, because that grappling hook cannot always work like now.

~Never parkour with a mild concussion, people.

~Looks like Croc got rescued by some carnies… So essentially, he’s back to square one before he became a criminal.

~Apparently, it slipped my mind that those twins girls were Siamese twins when I first saw them.

~So… this small circus/carnie group is composed of a seal boy, a cultured hunchback, Siamese twin girls, and a somewhat generic strongman. Aside from the seal boy, most of these people are pretty standard in terms of oddities… as odd as that may sound.

~Oh… so these circus/carnie folks are retired, for the most part, and essentially take other oddities in whenever they pop up.

~*sigh* Okay… let me get the comparison out of the way between Killer Croc’s situation in this episode and Penguin’s situation from Bird of a Feather out right now. In Birds of a Feather, we saw that Oswald was willing to change his ways through simple visual cues and his own passion and it felt very natural and believable to the point that you felt pity for the guy in the end when he wound up being deceived and ended up being a criminal again. For Killer Croc right now, you can tell he not going to turn over a new leaf simply by his own tone of voice. It just reeks of utter insincerity and once I see that he’s going to leave this circus/carnie group with probably a whole bunch of their valuables without sympathy, I would not be surprised whatsoever.

~Meanwhile, Batman is trying to rock climb where Croc is currently.

~$50 thousand is a small nest egg from the circus/carnie days? I wonder what the hunchback considers a big one is.

~Called it. So hard.

~*sigh* Still not buying Croc’s change since, you know, he gave up being a carnie to be a wrestler and gave that up to become a criminal. Hard to believe he’s going back to square one with this emotional scene with the seal boy.

~Yeah, never try to reason with a generic strongman, Bats…

~I’m guessing the circus/carnie folk have been away from Gotham’s civilization long enough to not know about Batman and what he does which is why they’re locking him up.

~You circus/carnie people REALLY need to explore the outside world more to know that people like you aren’t always misunderstood and need to stick together.

~Really should’ve listened to Batman NOW, circus/carnie folk.

~Again, I called it. So very hard.

~Man, Killer Croc really DOES go for utterly simplistic when it comes to trying to dispose of people.

~You know… thinking about it now, generic strongman isn’t THAT strong in hindsight…

~Never expected a Revenge of the Sith reference before it was even made…

~That seal boy will help out anybody, will he?

~There’s that underwater battle I wanted Batman to have with Croc!

~Not exactly a graceful defeat for Croc: K.O. via moving waterwheel.

~Once a crook, always a crook…

A Bullet for Bullock

~It’s your average Winter in Gotham with street punks trying to off well-known police officers bringing home groceries.

~That’s new: Harvey using the Bat Signal to ask the Dark Knight for help. Must be serious.

~This is a very interesting conversation Bats has with Bullock explaining that while they’re different, they’re more alike than the other gives them credit for… which the former disagrees… but it makes you wonder if either side is right.

~Take Batman’s vanishing act as a sign that he agrees to your terms, Bullock.

~Man, Bullock really needs a major attitude adjustment if he’s living by himself and his landlord is making some legitimate complaints he’s flat out ignoring.

~Man, it’s like me and Alfred are the same person sometimes.

~Just because it’s Winter, it doesn’t automatically make it Christmas-time, Bruce.

~Okay… apparently it IS sometime AFTER Christmas, according to Bullock to Montoya.

~There’s always that one guy who just has to move when somebody says, “Nobody move!”

~I just now noticed… but why did Bullock choose to use a freaking shotgun on a very small police sting? I mean Montoya and this nameless dude are using pistols, but Bullock brought out the shotgun. Why?

~In Gotham, Batman finds you.

~Well, give Bullock one thing about his nasty attitude: he makes a fantastic bad cop to any good cop.

~Oh NOW you use a pistol, Bullock! Where was that during your sting with Montoya?!?!

~Exposition in that Bullock is a detective for a reason.

~To be fair, Bullock, I’m pretty sure even Jim isn’t used to Batman’s vanishing act by now.

~*sigh* Keep up that cliché of cops and donuts, Bullock…

~Death by run over via public train? Well, it’s been known to happen every now and then…

~Unless the train’s wheels are wide enough so that you’re safe from the impact and follow-up.

~Okay, date confirmed for when this caper is taking place, according to Bullock and Montoya’s conversation: it’s after Christmas but before New Year’s.

~Potential suspect confirmed!

~Just do what Batman says for now Bullock. I mean, he knows what he’s doing and so do you… but both of you kind of refuse to acknowledge that, thinking about it…

~Yeah… either Bullock needs a change in attitude or take an early retirement at this point with how he’s acting towards Summer.

~Geez, Batman! a little extreme with the interrogation tonight, aren’t we?

~It’s amazing how you can feel so much sympathy for Bullock’s overall lonely jerkass nature after a brief moment of silence taking in Summer Gleeson’s response to the fact someone is after his life.

~The Batmobile: cheaper and more amazing than any taxi.

~Bullock: “You got a serious attitude problem, freak.” Pot, kettle, black.

~Don’t push random buttons on any highly advanced tech you don’t know, kids!

~Jazz-themed theme music? I like!

~Well, that sting went down somewhat south fairly quickly.

~Smoke grenades: simple, but effective.

~Still appreciate the Jazz music playing throughout this encounter.

~More alike than they seem…

~Well, you could be wrong in your assumptions, Bullock. Batman does the same too, just not as often.

~It was the landlord all along!

~Uh… dude… you could’ve just given Bullock an eviction notice or two, I mean you ARE a landlord after all… you didn’t have to resort to murder threats, just eviction threats.

~Batman: “Forget it, Bullock. You’ve got enough problems.” The pot and the kettle, from the other perspective…
Old July 11th, 2017, 01:19 PM #85
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

The Worry Men

~Part of me will never understand how Bruce can quick change into Batman.
Batpoles.

First, manipulating the Penguin and now being indirectly involved with an unknown money loss scandal… Veronica can’t catch a break, can she?
It's Gotham City, where breaks come to die.

So… Jervis Tetch a.k.a. the Mad Hatter… is doing all of this… purely for profit this time? Kind of a step down from your last two known excursions with the Dark Knight, Jervis, not gonna lie.
Capers cost money, man.

Also… why did Jervis ask his henchmen to be dressed up like shamans wearing jaguar skins and using Mayan weaponry?
Novelty, durr.

Not like he could dress them up as March Hares and not draw suspicion.

Just how many abandoned company buildings are there in Gotham that villains use for hideouts, anyway?
If you were a company in Gotham City, wouldn't you abandon your building?

So… you spent a lot of money… for a scheme to make more money, Jervis? Or you could’ve just, you know, invested some those “limited” funds that you had into a bank or some stocks and bonds, or patent some of your tech to make even more cash, or even go gambling as a better money risk than this convoluted plot. Just saying.
You're using logic on a madman, dude. Who's really crazy?

Sideshow

~That was a rather short fight atop a moving train.
Which is realistic for once.

Kinda surprised Croc was still able to walk off two great falls like that no problem while Batman took time to recover from just the one.
Um, you know Croc's not exactly human, right?

$50 thousand is a small nest egg from the circus/carnie days? I wonder what the hunchback considers a big one is.
Do you know how much money it costs a family to live on, even off the grid?

Yeah, never try to reason with a generic strongman, Bats…
Not immediately using your fists is what makes you a hero, bruh.

A Bullet for Bullock
Well, there's a title we'll never see on children's television again.

Man, it’s like me and Alfred are the same person sometimes.
You're an old, bald Brit?

Geez, Batman! a little extreme with the interrogation tonight, aren’t we?
So, you're just now being introduced to the character of Batman?
Old July 11th, 2017, 03:13 PM #86
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Just watched this yesterday, so....

Zatanna

~Really Bruce? You went with an alias that The Doctor would use to try to convince Zatara, possibly the world’s greatest stage magician in the DCAU, to teach you to become an escape artist?
Well, he isn't Batman yet, so you can't expect him to be all that creative

~Is Zanna an actual nickname people use for Zatanna?
Only here as far as I know. Mostly they call her Zee. Or at least Black Canary does

~And now we know that Bruce got his ninja skills via magic tricks.
Or you know from martial arts since he goes to Japan after this

~Zatanna: "What do you care about some leggy dame in nylons? Or did I just answer my own question?" Why can’t we have this kind of dialogue in the DCEU again?
Sex scares people?

~Awkward small talk is awkward.
Yes because Batman is well known for small talk

~Uh… why does Bruce carry metal corrosive acid on that utility belt?
Because he's Batman

~Had to look up what extradition was.
This is why we need better schools

~Whether it’s real or not, magic can’t solve everything.

~And to make sure he doesn’t forget to write, Bruce will be seeing Zatanna more often in the future.
And future meaning several seasons of this show, Superman and Justice League
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 09:05 PM #87
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Kid or squid? Why not both?

Trial

~I honestly didn’t know that Poison Ivy’s middle name was Lillian until now.

~So… if I’m to understand the judge correctly: because Batman technically doesn’t work with the police and/or any other official law enforcers in capturing criminals, they get sent for rehabilitation to Arkham Asylum instead of standard jail for proper sentencing. I… guess that makes sense in legal terms?

~Nice little Continuity Nod of Harley and Ivy’s relationship.

~I like the small detail of the lone potted plant in Ivy’s cell to distinguish that she’s in Arkham often.

~Hey, it’s the 10/6 cards from Mad As A Hatter that Jervis is using to control the guards!

~Uh… lawyer lady… I’m not sure if Batman created most of these villains. In fact, from what I’ve seen, they all entered a life of crime of their own volition because of their own actions and motivations. Heck, the only thing Batman did to influence them at worst is wear costumes to combat him on somewhat equal footing. If anything, because of how they acted in all of the previous episodes… it’s the other way around entirely: the rogues created Batman to be their judge and jury with no regard for the legal system to see them get over their own obsessions.

~Janet, you may have some good points, I’ll admit, but they’re also contradicted from what has happened in the past… and eventually in the future. Gotham, maybe even the entire world, needs someone like Batman.

~Debate on ethics regarding law… this is too real…

~I can’t help but laugh at Janet’s meeting/date with Bruce with the former saying that Batman is the last thing she wants to talk about… and then proceeds to talk about him anyway when Bruce brings his alter-ego up again.

~So… can we officially put Janet on the list of Bruce’s failed flings yet or no?

~One half-hour later… the call emerges, along with a missing date.

~Well… that’s definitely a Riddler-esque message if I’ve ever read one.

~Batman crashing into a disguised statue of Justice… oddly metaphorical.

~Hey, the mini-crossbow from Ivy actually hit the Dark Knight this time!

~A Bat Stun Gun? Sure, I can roll with that.

~Harley and Ivy still make a good villainess pair, for the record.

~Man, this episode is full of continuity and small details with Harvey Dent/Two-Face meeting his successor as the District Attorney, Janet Van Dorn, to discuss the trail of Batman in Arkham.

~Taking a page off of Weekly Manga Recap when they did Gakkyu Hotei and playing Ace Attorney music over certain scenes at times… can’t hear what characters are saying sometimes because the music is too loud, but it freaking works on so many levels to the point where I’m going to outright say what track from what game I’m using at what moment for the rest of the episode. (Trials and Tribulations - Courtroom Lobby ~ Neverending Overture)

~Toned the Ace Attorney music down a touch… still incredibly apropos. (Trials and Tribulations - Courtrooms Begins/Trial)

~The Ventriloquist and Scarface are the bailiffs? Odd choices, but it kinda makes sense once you think about it…

~”Fair and impartial” jury consisting of all Batman rogues. Although, I do kinda appreciate Killer Croc’s suggestion to hit Batman with a rock. (Spirit of Justice - Defendant Lobby ~ Prelude to the Truth)

~Solid opening statement… if a bit contradictory from Two-Face.

~Mad Hatter is the first witness and… he’s already contradicting himself by saying Batman was taking Alice away from him when the Dark Knight did no such thing. (Apollo Justice - Cross Examination ~ Moderato)

~Who would be the court reporter in this crazy trial? My first response would’ve bene Temple Fugate a.k.a. the Clock King, since he’s a attention to detail sort of guy, but he can’t be the reporter because he wasn’t captured and put into Gotham last we saw him.

~Way to go Jim Gordon leading up a follow-up investigation to find where Batman went. Additional points for bringing Renee Montoya along.

~Janet: “I object to this witness, she’s obviously trying to influence the judge!”
Joker whist being caressed by Harley on her lap: “What makes you say that?”
Ace Attorney series/franchise in a nutshell people. (Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright - Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! Labyrinthia)

~Hey it’s a one sentence backstory on Harleen before she became Harley from Janet. Continuity for past AND future here!

~Even more good continuity for the future here: Joker’s selfishness once Janet reveal he “finked” on Harley in hopes of getting time off during their last escape.

~Ah, the ol’ reverse psychology ploy. A classic in the courtroom… too bad it backfired against Janet wither interrogation on Oakey. (Justice For All - Confess the Truth)

~And now, after interrogating the witnesses, learning from their personalities and past, Janet comes to the same conclusion I did before this trial began. (Ace Attorney Investigations - Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly)

~The Bat Stun Gun also works as a tracking device? Or was it always a tracking device and Batman was expecting all of this to happen? Knowing Bruce, it’s probably the latter.

~Janet Van Dorn truly did pull off a Phoenix Wright…

~And it immediately backfired once Joker says, we’re still gonna kill Batman and Janet. (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Suspense)

~More continuity of Joker’s continuing Looney Tunes persona as well as a nice nod that his gavel is now a rubber chicken.

~Hey it’s the doctor who needs to know better from Dreams in Darkness that Janet called out to help. Nice touch.

~Death via electrocution? That’s… kinda mundane after all the rogues went through, but whatever works for them I guess.

~ This episode is all about plot details with Janet remembering she took a Batarang from Batman’s latest suspect earlier in the episode.

~No dramatic reveal of Batman’s true identity because Janet’s surprisingly good with that one Batarang.

~And now that Batman’s in a dark environment, all the rogues are practically screwed especially since he went after Harley, who has his utility belt, first.

~Man, Killer Croc can’t catch a break being an expendable.

~Joker actually can’t see very properly where he’s shooting, Croc.

~Run away from the angry mob of nameless criminals!

~So… that’s technically Scarface’s second death now… did not expect it to be decapitation via Scarecrow’s sickle.

~Great timing on both Batman and the police’s part.

~Oh yeah, Joker’s technically the most dangerous one so it makes sense he’s the last of this metaphorical boss gauntlet.

~Victory for the Dark Knight! (Dual Destinies - We Won the Case! ~ Everyone's Victory)

~ Janet: “I see now there's a need for the things you do. But I'm still going to work towards a city that doesn't need Batman.”
Batman: “Me, too.”
*Much Later*
Bruce: “The world does need a Batman… and always will.”

~Starting off in Somewhat Modern Egypt with a much younger Ra’s al Ghul.

~I’d love to make some jokes/references to Tom Cruise’s The Mummy… but that means I’d actually have to go and see the movie willingly.

~And Ra’s was somehow lost in that Egyptian tomb… except we already know he’s still up and around thanks to the Lazarus Pit.

~Meanwhile, thousands of miles away, and several years into the future…

~The Scroll of Osiris? Does it depict the origins of Ancient Egyptian Card Games or why he was renamed Slifer in modern day to the translators?

~Who needs a security system when you’ve already got Batman?

~Ubu should count himself lucky that there was no security system in place other than The Dark Knight.

~Surprise, surprise, Ra’s al Ghul is still alive… and he’s weaponizing snakes… why do almost all antagonists like weaponizing snakes?

~Crazy Prepared as always, Batman just so happens to have an antidote for snake bite venom on his trusty utility belt.

~Rule one of comic book villain deaths: If the body isn't found, there's no proof of death. So, the villain isn't dead. He survived. Also, the fact that the last shot we saw of Ra’s was his hand coming out of the destroyed Lazarus Pit helps indicated he wasn’t dead yet.

~So… instead of going directly to Egypt, Bruce decides to go to Spain instead? Well… once he gets the info he needs, I guess he can take a relatively short trip from there to Egypt to stop Ra’s plans.

~Confirmed: Gotham is on the eastern side of the U.S. according to this travel by map flight sequence.

~Just looked up the sign’s translation from Spanish to English. Peligro No Pase is Danger Does Not Pass or essentially a Danger Ahead No Trespassing sign.

~Oh hai Talia!

~I’d also like to make jokes/references to the other The Mummy films… but I haven’t actually seen them yet.

~I’m pretty sure it’s somewhat debatable that the only thing Bruce and Ra’s have ever agreed upon were their feelings towards Talia.

~Ah… street salesman and their false pitches…

~Why am I not surprised that the entrance to Ra’s secret Cairo hideout is behind a sarcophagus?

~Yeah… I can see why Bruce and Talia have a kid in some continuities with this fight scene and brief interaction afterwards.

~So… power is greater than love, according to Ra’s? Well, what about the Power of Love then?

~Ra’s is around 600 years old? So that means he would have been born around maybe the 1300’s or 1400’s, if we’re sticking to the DCAU timeline as equivalent to ours.

~Immortality comes in many forms, Ra’s. Offspring is just one of them and you’re just basically abandoning the only one you acknowledge as your own flesh and blood for another source that you consider better.

~Oh yeah… the detection device used to track Ra’s lair could also break them out of Ra’s simple trap. Gotta love that continuity.

~It’s oddly bizarre seeing Batman in Egypt riding on horseback…

~Back to where the episode began in present day….

~Wow… seriously… this episode is almost begging me to see any of The Mummy movies now… but instead, I’ll continue on with my Yu-Gi-Oh! jokes/references.

~I’m getting an odd sense of déjà vu with another villain who sought knowledge via from old sealed scroll but it turns out the scrolls were so old they crumble into dust.

~Man, Ubu can’t catch a break this episode, can he?

~Of course there would be a secret switch leading down to a hidden passage, why wouldn’t there be?

~Okay… so apparently… there was no Mummy after all… the ancient Egyptian Queen was alive after all living in a quasi-Lazarus Pit waiting for other worthy people...

~Oh okay… so it also turns out the ancient Egyptian Queen retained her youth and beauty by seducing anyone who comes for her and then sucking their life energies out of them… This episode got real bizarre real fast…

~Quasi-Lazarus Pit sentient goo… I… got… nothing…

~Kinda unsurprised that explosives did nothing to the immortal Egyptain life-sucking Queen.

~If explosives don’t work, always go for mass structural damage with a giant heavy object!

~Ra’s is back to normal-ish so that means the Egyptian Queen is finally dead… I assume.

~Bonds and relationships are complex and complicated… although I do appreciate Ubu tossing Bats a canteen as a gesture for saving his life from the collapsing tomb before his departure with Ra’s, Talia, and his group before the episode ended.

House & Garden

~Miniature cactus King Kong. Just when I thought I’ve seen everything in superhero stories, they always surprise me by throwing this kind of surreal thing at me.

~Just because the crimes have involved a plant man-gorilla and poison doesn’t automatically mean it’s going to be Poison Ivy, Bats. For all we know, this could be another one of Joker’s twisted versions of a joke.

~Pam got married? Well, it was kinda overdue after the whole Harvey Dent thing… but still to get married in such a short amount of time still seems a bit off.

~I kinda expected Pam to keep her last name or at least extended it to Pamela Lillian Isley-Carlyle. It doesn’t seem like her to automatically adopt her husband’s last name.

~Years? How long has Batman been doing his thing in the DCAU, much less all of the individual villains?

~Okay, to be fair… if I had given up a life of crime to start a family, the last thing I’d talk about to my young kids would be my former foes.

~Kids riding in the Batmobile? Unless Batman was in immediate danger and not brought into your basement later, I’d say yes.

~So Pam can’t have kids of her own due to her own poison immunity? I guess that makes some amount of sense in the laws of equivalent exchange.

~Dang… Pam really, really sounds especially sincere about her change… maybe she has turned over a new metaphorical leaf.

~No matter the continuity, Dick Grayson will have a natural charisma with the ladies as he’s learned from his mentor.

~Okay… honestly did not expect the plant man-gorilla to attack Dick shortly after talking to Batman.

~It also helps that it sorta fits the crime pattern in a weird sense in that Dick Grayson is technically a wealthy single man, so by actually kidnapping him, not only does the mastermind go after Bruce they also went after Dick simultaneously. It’s a kinda brilliant double heist.

~Not every day a plant man-gorilla attacks you in your car and demands you keep driving.

~With no decent clues to go on, Bruce has to give in to the kidnapper’s demands… and go back to suspect number one: Pamela Lillian Isley.

~I’m not sure what more bizarre: Batman doing his work in the daytime, or the fact that there IS such a thing as daylight in Gotham.

~I think there’s a simple explanation on why Bruce doesn’t believe that Pam has truly changed: Harvey Dent. Bruce saw how much his old friend changed into Two-Face when corrupted by the dark side of Gotham, and he hasn’t yet become Harvey Dent again yet with all the rehabilitation visits to Arkham. I think somewhere deep down Bruce’s psyche he knows that if Two-Face hasn’t changed back into Harvey Dent so easily, then the same goes for Poison Ivy becoming Pamela Isley.

~I guess Pam would set up a plant-based security system based off of her past background if she has truly changed…

~Now Batman is beginning to think that Pam has turned over a metaphorical new leaf with him referring to her as Mrs. Carlyle.

~Geez… the gorilla part can officially be dropped as this guy is definitely part Groot, part Hulk, and part cactus!

~It pays being Crazy Prepared.

~Yeah, definitely not growing those cactus thorn claws back anytime soon Groot-Hulk.

~To be fair… I kinda don’t blame Batman for not accessing public records and just investigating criminal records so it’s kinda easy for him to fail a spot check every once in a while, in these kinds of situations.

~Definitely not like Ivy to use plastic plants which means… secret door/passage.

~Secret lab too… very suspicious.

~The real Carlyle? Then… who’s the Carlyle in bed right now?

~Oh… my…

~Holy… moly… Poison Ivy… literally created pod people…

~So… according to the plant evolution of this episode… the pod people start of as literal cabbage patch kids, grow up into Carlyle clones, and finally end up as cactus Groot-Hulks. That’s one seriously messed up life cycle…

~Yeah… if you wanted a family on your own terms… this was definitely not the way to do it, Ivy…

~I’d just like to point out that this episode came after the ancient Egyptian life-sucking Queen… Let that sink in for a moment…

~Okay… even though this episode is incredibly freakish, I did get a laugh that the cactus Groot-Hulks are scared of a hedge trimmer.

~Guess Batman’s “insurance” from earlier was weed killer.

~Ivy created a plant clone of herself too… What.

~Yeesh… the melting plant Ivy clone easily tops the ancient Egyptian life-sucking Queen in terms of Nightmare Fuel for this review set…

~Memories: whether they be true or false can never be replaced or replicated… especially the happiest and saddest ones…
Old July 21st, 2017, 09:55 PM #88
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Trial

~I honestly didn’t know that Poison Ivy’s middle name was Lillian until now.
Only the nerdiest would.

Uh… lawyer lady… I’m not sure if Batman created most of these villains. In fact, from what I’ve seen, they all entered a life of crime of their own volition because of their own actions and motivations. Heck, the only thing Batman did to influence them at worst is wear costumes to combat him on somewhat equal footing. If anything, because of how they acted in all of the previous episodes… it’s the other way around entirely: the rogues created Batman to be their judge and jury with no regard for the legal system to see them get over their own obsessions.
We all know that, but the people inside the universe have to question it because how weird would it be if Batman were real?

So… can we officially put Janet on the list of Bruce’s failed flings yet or no?
Absolutely.

The Bat Stun Gun also works as a tracking device? Or was it always a tracking device and Batman was expecting all of this to happen? Knowing Bruce, it’s probably the latter.
Preparedness is expectation for anything.

Man, Killer Croc can’t catch a break being an expendable.
Dumb toughs are resigned to such a fate.

~Surprise, surprise, Ra’s al Ghul is still alive… and he’s weaponizing snakes… why do almost all antagonists like weaponizing snakes?
Because people are as afraid of them as they are bats.

Confirmed: Gotham is on the eastern side of the U.S. according to this travel by map flight sequence.
Wasn't the popular theory always Gotham City represents New York and Metropolis represents Toronto?

So… power is greater than love, according to Ra’s? Well, what about the Power of Love then?
I'd assume he'd ask you why you ignore the power of power.

Immortality comes in many forms, Ra’s. Offspring is just one of them and you’re just basically abandoning the only one you acknowledge as your own flesh and blood for another source that you consider better.
And?

Man, Ubu can’t catch a break this episode, can he?
Dumb toughs are resigned to such a fate.

House & Garden

~Just because the crimes have involved a plant man-gorilla and poison doesn’t automatically mean it’s going to be Poison Ivy, Bats. For all we know, this could be another one of Joker’s twisted versions of a joke.
Joker lacks knowhow.

I kinda expected Pam to keep her last name or at least extended it to Pamela Lillian Isley-Carlyle. It doesn’t seem like her to automatically adopt her husband’s last name.
An opinionated nature doesn't automatically disrespect all forms of tradition.

Especially for someone in desperate need of an image makeover.

Years? How long has Batman been doing his thing in the DCAU, much less all of the individual villains?
Um... years.

So Pam can’t have kids of her own due to her own poison immunity? I guess that makes some amount of sense in the laws of equivalent exchange.
More like screwing with chemicals erodes your uterus.

I think there’s a simple explanation on why Bruce doesn’t believe that Pam has truly changed: Harvey Dent. Bruce saw how much his old friend changed into Two-Face when corrupted by the dark side of Gotham, and he hasn’t yet become Harvey Dent again yet with all the rehabilitation visits to Arkham. I think somewhere deep down Bruce’s psyche he knows that if Two-Face hasn’t changed back into Harvey Dent so easily, then the same goes for Poison Ivy becoming Pamela Isley.
To be fair, Harvey has straight-up disassociative identity disorder. You can't expect a person to shed an entire human mind as easily as choosing not to break the law.

Okay… even though this episode is incredibly freakish, I did get a laugh that the cactus Groot-Hulks are scared of a hedge trimmer.
Shouldn't all living beings be afraid of that?
Old August 10th, 2017, 03:20 PM #89
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

I now understander why Splatoon was so freaking addictive for the Wii U... still everyone needs a good Splat break to focus on other things... like watching old cartoons!

Also, all of the thanks to Andrea Romano, given the recent news of her retirement. Your talents will definitely be remembered.

The Terrible Trio

~A robbery attempt by… a guy in a shark mask, a guy in a wolf mask, and a guy in a falcon mask. Seems legit.

~”Time to fly.” Very subtle wordplay there, falcon man.

~Wolf mask guy is actually a fox? Doesn’t look like it at first glance, but on second glance it does resemble a fox’s head vaguely.

~Fox robber… there is such a thing called morals and hard work, you know that, right? Also, the smaller parts of society help support the bigger parts so don’t just think that the higher ups are the only part of society that are worth paying attention to. …I’m getting too close into real life again, aren’t I?

~Batman and Robin take on a fox, a shark, and a falcon. What is this, the 60’s?

~Good on this nameless security guard to be more focused on our animal robbers than his own safety.

~Solid acrobatics, Robin. 10/10

~Batman can detect hidden explosives now, apparently.

~What’s the right word to describe my thoughts on the shark robber driving the getaway boat? Stereotypical? Speciesist? Unimaginative?

~Falcon robber is supposed to be a vulture? Again, like fox robber, it doesn’t look like so at first, but seeing it again, it does more resemble a vulture than a falcon.

~Rich dude… you remind of someone I berated against earlier in the episode… He’s the fox robber, and his friends are the shark and vulture robbers, aren’t they?

~This conversation Bruce is having with the fox robber is unsubtle as you can get. Double unsubtlety points for it being at a shooting range.

~Uh… Fox, you don’t mind if I call you Fox, right you rich douche? You do know that some people aren’t born into wealth like I assume you were? They had to EARN their wealth, and subsequently, their fame. Just because you’re rich and famous, doesn’t mean you can belittle and ignore the little guy for your own ego and pride and I’m getting way too into real life again, aren’t I?

~Again, it is very unsubtle that the three rich douches Bruce is shooting skeet with are our title villains.

~Bruce Wayne… the dullest man in Gotham. You clearly haven’t seen his night life, Fox.

~I’m not a fashion expert, and don’t go to a lot of fancy events, so I don’t know what exactly constitutes “appropriate attire”.

~Financing is complicated… unless you’re rich, apparently.

~Surprise, surprise, our three rich dude bros are The Terrible Trio… and they planned to rob Fox’s girlfriend’s dad.

~I think your girlfriend might have ratted you out, Fox.

~Yeesh… Fox is a major douche.

~Nice brief little getaway scene of events.

~I do like the nice touch that now that they’re trying to get away, The Terrible Trio refer to each other by their real names rather than their mask/code names.

~So… this driving chase sequence is essentially between 3 costumed rich entitled pricks vs. one costumed meaningful rich man.

~Money and valuables… the best distractions in avoiding capture from superheroes.

~I really like how the art style for Fox’s girlfriend’s dad doesn’t change to show how serious condition he is in after getting beaten badly by Fox.

~Plot point ring mark from earlier!

~At least Shark and Vulture seem to be a whole lot less douchey than Fox with them reaffirming to Fox’s girlfriend that they’re still nearby in the mountains and gave the hospital their cabin phone number.

~Shouldn’t have stolen that one small item from your girlfriend’s dad now, Fox…

~So the three rich dude bros themed their masks not just off predatory animals, but where their wealth is essentially sourced from. These guys have all the subtlety of a can of white paint.

~Okay… at least I can buy that these three rich dude bros wanted to become criminals as a sort of hobby. After all, Kim Possible essentially made a recurring villain just like that in the form of Senor Senior, Senior and he performed the role spectacularly.

~It just goes to show how douchey Fox is when he laid a beating on his girlfriend’s dad but Vulture and Shark say they didn’t mean to hurt the guy and promise to pay him and everyone else they robbed back.

~“She’s a spoiled, willful child.” I think you also just described yourself there, “Fantastic Mr. Fox”.

~I find it ironic that Vulture, who is now the least douchey of the Trio, protests the most to killing Fox’s girlfriend when the vulture is practically a symbol of death.

~Great timing with that catch on the Batplane!

~I’m surprised the Bat-Glider is still able to fly properly with a few bullet holes in it.

~Batman vs. a guy wearing a shark mask… Would the Bat-Shark Repellant technically work on this guy?

~Man, the DCAU Vulture is a total wimp compared to the MCU Vulture.

~I’ll assume that Fox had that snow mobile in that mountain shack for recreation.

~Why was there a pickaxe in that snow mobile?

~Yeah… Batman doesn’t take bribes. At all. Nice try, Fox.

~Fox… you do realize that your latest robbery victim is as rich, if not richer than you are? Adding to the fact that it was your now ex-girlfriend’s dad you robbed last and you almost tried to kill her a few moments ago for finding out your criminal lifestyle accidentally, chances are that your now-ex will see to it that you get a fair and just trial with lawyers who are as well paid as the judges you say are in your pocket, Fox. In other words, Fox, like Senor Senior, Senior in Kim Possible, no matter how rich you are, you will serve jailtime.

~And we end with what I just said: Fox in a jail cell… with a nasty cellmate.

Harlequinade

~You definitely know a fictional world does not follow the normal rules when you see criminals try to buy an atomic bomb auction-style.

~Unsurprisingly, Joker just tries to take the atomic bomb for free a la Astronema/Karone, but unlike her, Joker does get some resistance immediately.

~I believe the criminals ran off because Joker was threatening to blow up the place with a small bomb that could set off the bigger bomb and blow everyone up, including himself, sky high.

~And of course, the small bomb was a fake… which contained Joker gas.

~The Mayor is being sort of reasonable and logical about the whole atomic bomb situation… even though it looks like he’s probably the Joker doing a very convincing impression.

~Yeah… I imagine even Joker would be extra cautious with an atomic bomb, even if the criminals who were bidding for it earlier thought he was going to blow it up right there and then.

~So who’s the best person to get to find the Joker with an atomic bomb? Why not recruit his top enforcer/semi-girlfriend, Harley Quinn!

~Uh… Harley… I imagine at this point in time the events of Trial have already taken place so you know that your “man” has tried to fink on you for some early parole. Why not pay him back by finking on him for a change?

~Oh, so it’s the standard help out and parole charge on condition of no double-cross contract instead of volunteering for the cause because Joker has been kinda of a not good choice for a life mate reasons. Makes sense now.

~I feel like I’m now watching a perky cheerleader teaming up a brooding goth comedy adventure now…

~So Robin is on standby for this episode? Man, Dick Grayson hardly gets to do anything nowadays with Bruce, even with his college life, does he?

~Yeah… this is definitely gonna be a comedy adventure involving a brooding goth and a perky cheerleader from the looks of it.

~Why are you angry that Joker has hidden cameras everywhere in Gotham, Bruce? You probably have them too.

~Harley feels more human in costume than out? Well, it is said sometimes that when cosplaying people feel like themselves more than they do in normal attire…

~Unsurprising that the pet hyenas see Batman as a threat but Harley as a loving and caring owner like most regular pet dogs.

~So Batman asks Harley what almost everyone is thinking at this point: Why is Harley Quinn attracted to the Joker? Harley’s answer: when she was a psychiatrist, she listened to countless problems from her patients but the Joker listened to her problems for a change when she first encountered him. I guess that makes sense in a weird roundabout logical way…

~Oh, so Robin actually gets to do something in this episode after all.

~The comedy from Harley is very simplistic, but effective for this caper.

~I love that both Batman and Harley are legitimately surprised to see a small gambling den in what’s supposed to be an abandoned Joker hideout.

~Apparently, the gambling den is illegal because the gamblers immediately pull out guns and approach Batman… only for Harley to “get him” before they do.

~I want some backstory between Harley and Boxy now.

~Man, Harley does some good improv singing regarding her relationship on Joker. Bonus points for the song being a distraction so Robin can get Batman and her out of this situation.

~Well that escalated quickly.

~Now I know why Robin didn’t join up sooner: he and Harley like to weaponize unconventional stuff in situations like these. Robin weaponized a gambling machine while Harley weaponized a chandelier/candelabra.

~Yeah… come to think of it, we haven’t seen Batgirl in a while in this series. Is she also busy with schoolwork like Dick? Also, I kinda wouldn’t mind an alternate universe story where Harleen Quinzel ended up as Batgirl, thinking about it.

~Robin’s role in these episodes lately is to provide crucial plot exposition, isn’t it? First it was House and Garden regarding the Carlyle family, then it was The Terrible Trio adding info relating to the title villains, and now in this episode he’s saying that there is still no city evac order from the Mayor leading Harley to figure out that Joker is holding the Mayor hostage. I fully expect next episode Robin’s in for him to just repeat what happened last time Batman faced the villain du jour sometime after they meet him/her.

~Harleen Quinzel’s real hair isn’t blonde? Mind. Blown.

~Yeah… the best sort of non-response to Harley warning the Joker about Batman is for him to say nothing and just lock her in the Batmobile.

~Yeesh… sometimes on episodes like these, you realize Joker’s crazier than you already though he was.

~I guess Joker took some umbrella fencing lessons from The Penguin… but not enough from the looks of it.

~Uh… Harley… technically speaking the Dynamic Duo didn’t harm Joker too much so the deal is still kinda legit… and you just broke it because… mad love.

~And we now get the crucial difference between Harley and Joker: Harley still has a human heart and genuinely cares about all of the Arkham inmates and her pet hyenas while the Joker is all too glad to see all of them left behind in the atomic explosion… including his so-called girlfriend who he wasn’t planning to get in the first place.

~Apparently, Joker also learned to do quick costume changes from Batman unintentionally.

~”You know, Bats, I got a crazy idea Mr. J. may not be the guy for me after all!” Gee, ya think Harley?

~You know… if Batman did go back in time in Justice League during The Savage Time, I’d get the feeling he’d survive just fine with Joker’s attempt to bomb him via biplane just then.

~Joker’s lack of empathy will be the downfall of him someday.

~I’m no expert on atomic bombs… but I’m pretty sure just cutting wires doesn’t automatically turn them off.

~Sometimes I get the feeling Joker’s a little suicidal with how he recklessly puts himself in danger.

~Harley’s attempt to stop the Joker… should not have worked as well as it did just then… and yet it did… I’m not sure if I should be amazed, shocked, or in laughter after that sequence of events…

~A fake prop gun? Geez… one of these days Joker’s gonna actually killed by one of those things whether he knows it or not…

~Love comes in many, many strange forms…

Time Out of Joint

~New intro from Amazon Prime: The Adventures of Batman and Robin version!

~I’ve never been to a real-life auction before, but from what I’ve seen in various media, most of the stuff usually sold there ends up crazy expensive.

~I dunno Dick, some people collect odd kitchy things like antique clocks or valuable trading cards and will pay top dollar to grab their hands on them.

~I like Temple Fugate’s, spoilers on who the mysterious man is, new hour/minute hand cane that he’s now sporting.

~Did… Fugate somehow get Boom Tube tech before S:TAS established it?

~I’m noticing a lot more witty banter under the new logo name already… Not that it’s a bad thing.

~Yup, we’re officially at the point where the dialogue definitely feels like the stuff I’m used to in the DCAU Justice League.

~Well… it seems my prediction of Dick’s villain exposition was wrong for the most part…

~That dramatic timing fits in way too perfectly.

~So from what I’m seeing… Fugate just used his new phase shifting abilities to steal a priceless antique clock… all as a test. Well, it does seem like him to do so…

~Let’s replay how The Clock King hasn’t lost his impeccable timing skills.

~Oh yeah, Fugate still has a vendetta over the Mayor over taking a bit of advice that spiraled out of control. Thanks for reminding us, Batman!

~Meanwhile, at a random sci-fi lab…

~So from what I can immediately see: Fugate is working as a butler for this scientist guy who appears to be developing some sort of advanced speed technology of sorts. That partially explains his random warping then…

~Try to be a little subtler there, Fugate… Then again, I think this scientist is too busy with his research to notice the inflections and facial expressions of his “faithful” butler.

~I also see Fugate has some new clock spectacles to go with his new ensemble as well.

~Oh Hill, you’re being too optimistic about a guy who almost tried to kill you last time you met him.

~”Sure as night follows day.” Very clever dialogue there, Bats. Don’t think I didn’t see what you did there.

~Apparently, the time device Fugate stole/acquired mostly emulates the Flash’s worst nightmare of everything except him being not in motion.

~I wouldn’t be surprised if, in the DCAU, Wally got his Flash powers from working under the scientist who created that speed device since Fugate is now trolling Mayor Hill just like the speedster.

~Fugate wants revenges on the judicial system as well? I guess that makes sense given that he lost his company because the judicial system was being a bit unfair to him for being late and having lost a few documents due to random chance.

~This is the closest thing we’ll get to Batman and Robin vs Flash.

~Temporary blindness plus several plot points plus time altering equals Fugate messing up.

~Man, if I didn’t know any better at this point, I’d say Fugate would make a great Flash in an alternate timeline.

~Fugate schemes something involving the Batmobile.

~Batman: can logically think things out do to character’s past backgrounds!

~It took a touch longer than I expected for Fugate to show his true colors to the scientist he was working for.

~”With any luck, time is on our side.” Gordon, I like you and all, but your opponent this time is the Clock King, master of time. The time you have is fairly limited.

~Is it Professor Wakati or Wataki because according to Amazon Prime it’s the latter, but to everyone in the show, aside from Robin initially, it’s the former.

~So Batman and Robin are essentially stuck in a quasi-Back To The Future loop of sorts?

~I’ve never seen wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff weaponized like this before.

~Losing 2 days’ worth of investigation in two minutes or so? Geez, Clock King really stepped up his game from last time.

~This episode is full of delayed reactions.

~Seriously, Fugate as The Flash would make for a great alternate reality story which I’m surprised no writer has done, as far as I know.

~I’d like to reiterate a past theory that Edward Nygma and Temple Fugate hung out and traded notes with each other at one point in the DCAU.

~No phones period because of electromagnetic waves… and less than two minutes to stop Fugate from getting his revenge… Time for a 30 second crash course in how to use a device that abuses space-time theory!

~”Faster than a speeding bullet!” Superman hasn’t shown up yet, Robin.

~Man, almost everyone is milking the time gimmick for all it’s worth in this episode.

~Holy… moly… Batman… essentially… just did this:

~”Looks like time just… ran out.” That was a stretch Robin, even for you. (Really bad puns: 6)

~Almost no one in the world is ready for Flash-like abilities except for The Flash.

~Robin: “Gee, that’s too bad for Fugate. I’m sure he’ll wish he had something to make the days pass quicker where he’s going.” Well Dick, you have no idea how much his impeccable timing is being put to good use after this…
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:43 PM #90
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

The Terrible Trio

~Fox robber… there is such a thing called morals and hard work, you know that, right? Also, the smaller parts of society help support the bigger parts so don’t just think that the higher ups are the only part of society that are worth paying attention to. …I’m getting too close into real life again, aren’t I?
Gotham City breeds slack-offs. A guy on the Gotham TV series robbed banks to buy a bakery.

And supporting the uppercrust is kind of their gripe in the first place...

Batman can detect hidden explosives now, apparently.
It doesn't take detection if he probably always checks for them.

Uh… Fox, you don’t mind if I call you Fox, right you rich douche? You do know that some people aren’t born into wealth like I assume you were? They had to EARN their wealth, and subsequently, their fame. Just because you’re rich and famous, doesn’t mean you can belittle and ignore the little guy for your own ego and pride and I’m getting way too into real life again, aren’t I?
Even those that earn it deserve belittling sometimes. *cough*Bieber*cough*

I’m not a fashion expert, and don’t go to a lot of fancy events, so I don’t know what exactly constitutes “appropriate attire”.
Which proves their point.

I find it ironic that Vulture, who is now the least douchey of the Trio, protests the most to killing Fox’s girlfriend when the vulture is practically a symbol of death.
It's actually a symbol of recycling. Vultures only clean the environment of that which is already dead, to the point that they can digest rotten meat.

Foxes and sharks are FAR more symbols of death than vultures will ever be.

Harlequinade

~You definitely know a fictional world does not follow the normal rules when you see criminals try to buy an atomic bomb auction-style.]
Actually, those could very well exist, it'd just be done via its own airgapped deep web.

Why are you angry that Joker has hidden cameras everywhere in Gotham, Bruce? You probably have them too.
Same reason the police would be mad that a serial killer had cameras everywhere in town.

Harley feels more human in costume than out? Well, it is said sometimes that when cosplaying people feel like themselves more than they do in normal attire…
She's a clown at heart, no different than Mr. J. Looking the part is key.

I’m no expert on atomic bombs… but I’m pretty sure just cutting wires doesn’t automatically turn them off.
Doesn't disarm it, but it does stop electronic triggering obviously.

Time Out of Joint

~”With any luck, time is on our side.” Gordon, I like you and all, but your opponent this time is the Clock King, master of time. The time you have is fairly limited.
He prefaced with luck, man...
Old August 16th, 2017, 08:19 PM #91
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Catwalk

~Selina’s comparing herself…to a stuffed cat… It’s going to be one of THOSE episodes, isn’t it?

~I don’t recall Batman and Catwoman’s relationship being that… aggressive, show. If anything, Bruce and Selina did not engage in proper combat until this fantasy/flashback sequence you’re now displaying.

~If I understand this self-narration correctly, Selina doesn’t like that she can’t continue her cat burglary and wishes to go back doing it? Odd motivations, but it kinda makes sense that doing a certain psychical activity is more thrilling than anything else you have or will do… and no, I’m not talking about sex, perverts.

~Uh… is Selina feeling a little… suicidal right now with her relating to extinction?

~So Selina DOES want to be Catwoman again to continue her cat burglary… even though that’s still technically against the law, even if she’s doing so for a good cause like Robin Hood.

~I don’t recall Veronica meeting Selina back in The Cat in the Claw… at least I think that’s the events this episode is referencing to…

~Oh yeah, forgot that almost every other antagonist in Batman has some sort of Captain Planet-esque agenda behind their motives…

~Veronica: “Just once I’d like to throw a party without some kook showing up.” I’d kinda like that as well.

~Most people feel like they don’t fit in in places they shouldn’t be, Selina… at least nowadays.

~And Selina just got abducted by the mob…

~Unlike Batman who reacted in shock and disbelief at Scarface, Selina reacts mostly in disbelief at the mob boss puppet.

~The Ventriloquist, Scarface, and Catwoman cooperating in a heist… I gotta say, I did not see this team-up coming.

~So… where’s Maven in this scene to try and convince Selina to try and not go back into her Catwoman costume only for Selina to say to her, instead of Isis, “Extinction is for wimps.”

~Using your pet as a distraction… not used often, but it almost always works.

~It’s still incredibly fascinating to see The Ventriloquist and Scarface’s relationship and debating if they’re both the same persona or not.

~Hey Rhino is still working for Scarface. Good continuity there!

~Well, there’s the sudden but inevitable betrayal.

~Yeesh, almost every one of the antagonists is acting kinda like a jerk in this episode…

~Seriously, is Maven on vacation or is she no longer employed to Selina and no longer with her and thus not in Selina’s penthouse along waiting for her with Batman?

~Selina’s excuse… is actually very reasonable and logical enough to believe up front. Kudos for making it up on the fly.

~Bruce and Selina do make a good team when they are actively working together in costume and no opposing each other as demonstrated by the recent confrontation.

~Selina pieces the puzzle to reveal… a clever distraction by Scarface to get at his real prize.

~This is why Batman has trust issues: every one of his rogues has ulterior motives.

~There’s the subdued combat I was expecting Batman and Catwoman to have instead of the fantasy version!

~Why am I not surprised Bats has a radar for tracking his on-and-off girlfriend?

~Scarface is making more buck off the stolen taxidermy by pawning it off to other criminals for high profits like the Penguin? That’s… kinda brilliant, actually.

~Why exactly did Selina bring Isis to her investigation?

~The Ventriloquist/Scarface have been hanging around the Joker for a bit as demonstrated by the Tweety reference.

~Oh… that’s why Selina brought Isis… she helps as much as she hinders…

~Rhino caught Cat… yay?

~The Ventriloquist/Scarface actually makes some pretty good and simplistic plans all things considered.

~Bat, Cat, Rhino, Penguin… what other characters named after animals are going to get in this climax?

~Catwoman to Batman saving her: “I don’t know whether to bite you or kiss you.” If you’re felling particularly frisky, try both.

~Still pretty unnerving to see Scarface not move his lips when talking.

~That’s 2 for Batman and 0 for Rhino now.

~So… instead of death via wood chipper, it’s instead death via falling lumber for Scarface… The Ventriloquist can’t catch a break regarding his puppet’s inevitable destruction.

~Oh… so that’s the second reason Isis was along for the ride… because Batman tracking device.

~In the end… a leopard can’t change its spots.

Bane

~So this episode is also considered part of The Adventures of Batman and Robin according to the intro via Amazon Prime… once more, and I’m officially doing the counter.

~Our starting location today seems to be Gotham airport.

~I love that people reacted the most to the biggest passenger wearing a suit and a luchador mask.

~It’s very surreal to see Bane in a suit talking about business to a pretty woman. Less surreal is hearing him speak with a faint Mexican-esque accent instead as bad British Dr. Claw.

~Rupert Thorne does boxing? Well, that’s one way to deal with mob stress, I guess.

~”You can’t get good help these days.” That’s going to be the recurring theme in this episode, isn’t it?

~To me, one of the best aspects of storytelling isn’t Show, Don’t Tell but Show AND Tell: show people the story while also telling them valuable information. If you just tell the information, you’re not showing us anything, and if you’re just showing us what’s happening, it sometimes hard to tell what’s going on. You need to strike a delicate balance between the two that’s difficult to pull off even with some of the best storytellers out there. In this case, we’re shown a newspaper clipping of Batman’s recent exploits regarding Thorne’s crime dealings while Thorne simultaneously tells us the basics of what’s just happened to Bane. It’s not perfect, but it’s a good example and how to Show And Tell us what’s going on.

~Bane is planning recruit Killer Croc to help him take down Batman? Well, Croc was a former wrestler so it makes sense than a big burly guy would recruit another big burly guy who formerly works is a similar position as Bane’s.

~Oh, Bane isn’t recruiting Croc, but he’s sort of using him as a Guinea pig to observe Batman’s movements and tactics. Again, it makes sense in a combat sort of standpoint.

~Man, Gotham really needs some better recruits if their first reaction to Killer Croc busting in their warehouse lunch break is to stand there flabbergasted.

~So, apparently Croc is doing a basic robbery… in a suit… because every big guy in this episode needs to wear a suit at least once.

~Dynamic Duo to stop the basic robbery!

~No need to open a safe when you can just take it if you’re a big guy like Croc.

~Just one flash grenade was all it took for Croc to stop robbing that safe and run away.

~Croc take advantage on nearby construction to throw some… pipes at the Dynamic Duo and escape into the sewers… but he has to take off the suit before getting in there.

~So… Croc does have some slight terrain advantage… only for Bane to break the wall nearby him to say, “He is MINE to destroy monster!”

~So Bane in the shadows looks like he’s Hulking out/going Super Saiyan…

~Welp… Croc got beat hard…

~The Batmobile also got WRECKED while they were out finding Croc in the sewers… geez, Bane is a beast…

~It’s not often you see a criminal in medical casts in prison.

~Batman exploits Croc’s injuries from his recent battle to wheedle out information on who beat the crap out of him.

~“Don’t bet on it killer. Later gator.” I didn’t know Batman could pull out unintentional comedy.

~So… why isn’t Batman getting the Batmobile spruced by Earl right now?

~Project: Gilgamesh? Does the project involve ladies who dress like men?

~So Bane’s backstory, according to the DCAU is essentially… evil Captain America made in Cuba? Makes sense to me!

~Show us a newspaper that also tells us who Bane’s employer who wants us dead. That’s good storytelling there, folks!

~A quick reminder to the audience the villain alliances are often times flimsy and easily broken.

~Nice little twist on having Robin observing Bane instead of Batman.

~Unfortunately, because Bane has super senses, I think, Robin is about to get beaten hard, probably.

~That beating wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be… mostly because Bane squeezed Dick into unconsciousness and quickly decides to hold him hostage.

~Batman interrogates go-to girl for Bane and Thorne.

~I just realized that the DCAU Robins can’t catch a break no matter what, can they?

~Don’t unmask Robin, just show the top half of his outfit along with his cape and utility belt to show you mean business.

~Oh, so that’s why Dick wasn’t immediately unmasked, because Bane wants go-to girl to get the twin set rather than just the single prize.

~Really hope Bruce taught Dick some of Zatara’s tricks now.

~Batman vs. Bane!

~Looks like Batman is using some MCU Black Widow tricks to get some advantage on Bane. Very smart.

~Just a reminder folks: as long as there’s no deadly ammunition in there, Batman is indeed allowed to us a gun.

~Go after the girl, or save the sidekick? Save the sidekick.

~Welp. Bane is PISSED.

~And go-to girl goes off to fight an underwater battle with Robin because… why not?

~Bane does not like Batarangs.

~Holy… moly… Bane’s facial expressions as he’s overdosed with his serum… geez…

~Bane looks a lot more… normal than I expected him to be unmasked, not gonna lie.

~So instead of bringing Thorne in, he decides to get go-to girl get the punishment from Thorne himself using the conversation Robin recorded earlier. Karma?

Baby-Doll (TAofBaR intro: 3)

~Death of a Salesman is playing at a nearby theatre? Well, that’s subtle regarding this episode’s themes.

~Okay… I think the Amazon Prime version of this episode is acting a bit odd since I swear the beginning dialogue played over twice, so I switched to a different player temporarily to see if this was so. Turns out it’s just exclusive to Amazon Prime. Weird.

~Little girl crying in a dark Gotham alley? Must be a typical Thursday night.

~Apparently, the little girl and the grown man know each other… and that’s why the grown man was knocked out. Strange…

~And now the local news reports celebrities’ current statuses in the world… our star du jour also happens to be same the little girl seen last scene…

~So yeah, our main antagonist this time… is essentially female Gary Coleman mixed with a touch of Sarah Lynn from Bojack Horseman.

~Well, Bullock is in trouble at the theatre where Dahl’s “brother” was kidnapped.

~So Mary hired hands are Gilligan and the Skipper? Odd choices but it makes sense thematically.

~Batman and Robin beating down on the Skipper and Gilligan, respectively. Add that onto the list of sentences I’d never thought of writing ever.

~Also add this sentence onto the list: The Skipper and Gilligan successfully get away with kidnapping from Batman and Robin.

~So a grown woman whose appearance is as a little girl hired the Skipper and Gilligan to kidnap her former cast members and used herself as a distraction so the Dynamic Duo wouldn’t be able to track the most recent kidnapped… I cannot make any of this up if I tried.

~Basketball smoke bomb… out of all the bizarre things I’ve seen from this episode so far, that’s somehow the most mundane.

~Robin mistaking Harvey Bullock as the Skipper… What even is this episode?

~It’s a twisted version of The Brady Bunch Reunion!

~I gotta say that a remake crossover involving Diff’rent Strokes and Gilligan’s Island would be bizarre in of itself…

~Talking to local news reporter Summer Gleeson about her recent news report about a former star whose appearance was a child.

~Instead of Dahl hating her co-stars, it turns out it should’ve been the other way around since she quit the show to become a more serious actress and left her co-stars with no decent good work.

~I find it oddly apropos that Mary Dahl’s serious acting career was ruined by Macbeth, the cursed play.

~Yeah, probably no exclusive interview for you, Summer.

~Meanwhile, at Imperial Pictures…

~This recreation Mary’s attempting is all of the awkward…

~“Dad” wants out of this facade because this was all a bad birthday celebration but Mary’s… secretary, I think, blocks the way out.

~Alison La Placa does a fantastic job transitioning from Baby Doll’s saccharine young girl voice to Mary Dahl’s jaded adult woman voice talking about how hard it was for her to be taken seriously as an actor with her appearance and that the show she made her big break in was her happiest moments.

~Robin: “Remember that time Poison Ivy nearly smothered us in those vines? With the really sharp thorns?”
Batman: “Yes.”
Robin: “This is worse.

I dunno, Dick. There’s a sort of kitchy charm to these old cheesy shows to the point people homage, parody, and sometimes even make continuations of them to this day.

~Cousin Spunky? Seriously? To quote The Simpsons: “Adding a new character is often a desperate attempt to boost low ratings.”

~The birthday episode was where and when Mary called it quits? And it also turns out to be her birthday today… oh dear…

~”Cousin Spunky” seems to be doing well as an amateur musician. Too bad Baby interrupted his practice jam.

~It turns out the fictional show Mary was in felt like reality to her… which makes sense if you think about it hard enough. Many actors define their career on one particular role to the point some refuse to be associate with it later on in life or embrace it as the highlight of their career. So, in a sense because Baby’s birthday was ruined in-show, Mary simultaneously also felt like her birthday in real life was forever ruined because of that one episode “Cousin Spunky” pushed her face into her cake.

~Dynamite as a birthday candle? When did this turn into a freaking Looney Tune?

~Smart move on ‘Cousin Spunky’s” part to not continue blowing out the dynamite candle and just clutch it in his mouth and toss it away before it explodes.

~Gun doll… sure, why not.

~And now our surprise guest star: the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight… here’s Batman!

~Batman just no sells Gilligan and the Skipper. I still can’t believe I’m writing this kind of stuff.

~”Cousin Spunky” was Robin, the Boy Wonder? Darn, Baby Doll would’ve gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for that pesky Dynamic Duo.

~Man, wherever Mary got her secretary from was in a good place because she kicks major ass.

~”It’s a living.” Best response a one-shot henchperson can have.

~Well, Mary’s secretary actually put up more than a decent fight compared to other hired hands this show has had.

~Robin takes care of the supporting cast, Batman goes after our star.

~I’d never imagine there was a chase sequence involving Batman running after a grown woman who looks like a small child riding a toddler bike.

~Batman does not enter the carnival like a normal person… at least when he’s tracking a criminal.

~Part of me would suddenly think this carnival now turned into a circus with kids flocking around Batman as he’s a major attraction.

~At least Batman is being shot at by baseballs at the shooting gallery?

~Of course, the chase would lead the two to a fun house in the end.

~Anyone remember McDonald’s play places? Cause this where Batman is now chasing after Mary.

~The Hall of Mirrors… how apropos.

~Mary Dahl sees her adult form reflected amongst one of the mirrors and laments that it isn’t real like almost everything else she’s practically known which leads to her breakdown question: “WHY COULDN’T YOU JUST LET ME MAKE BELIEVE?!?” Because as much as we want to escape into fantasy, it eventually returns to reality… and thus with the symbolism of Mary shooting every one of the mirrors crumbling apart her fantasy with the mirror reflecting her adult form being shot at last… Mary Dahl says in her adult voice her catch phrase as Baby Doll to Batman in a new light… “I didn’t… mean to…”
Old August 17th, 2017, 02:33 AM #92
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

~”Cousin Spunky” seems to be doing well as an amateur musician. Too bad Baby interrupted his practice jam.
He's based after Robbie Rist's (Cousin Oliver from The Brady Bunch) appearance as an adult. Interestingly enough, while he didn't play his ersatz, he did voice the big brother.
Old August 17th, 2017, 10:06 AM #93
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Catwalk

~Oh yeah, forgot that almost every other antagonist in Batman has some sort of Captain Planet-esque agenda behind their motives…
A villain without a motive is hard to side with.

Veronica: “Just once I’d like to throw a party without some kook showing up.” I’d kinda like that as well.
Easy, leave Gotham City.

Bruce and Selina do make a good team when they are actively working together in costume and no opposing each other as demonstrated by the recent confrontation.
Everybody loves the Bat/Cat team-ups. Including Batman and Catwoman.

So… instead of death via wood chipper, it’s instead death via falling lumber for Scarface… The Ventriloquist can’t catch a break regarding his puppet’s inevitable destruction.
Them's the breaks when you can't move on your own.

Bane

~Bane is planning recruit Killer Croc to help him take down Batman? Well, Croc was a former wrestler so it makes sense than a big burly guy would recruit another big burly guy who formerly works is a similar position as Bane’s.
My #1 and my #3 rogues working together. <3

Just one flash grenade was all it took for Croc to stop robbing that safe and run away.
His eyes are accustomed to the dark. We've all got weaknesses.

So Bane in the shadows looks like he’s Hulking out/going Super Saiyan…
Technically, he IS Hulking out/going Super Saiyan... Well, Super Saiyan 3rd Grade to be exact.

“Don’t bet on it killer. Later gator.” I didn’t know Batman could pull out unintentional comedy.
But it was intentional...

So… why isn’t Batman getting the Batmobile spruced by Earl right now?
He's a little busy right now, give the guy a break.

A quick reminder to the audience the villain alliances are often times flimsy and easily broken.
You mean every time.

I just realized that the DCAU Robins can’t catch a break no matter what, can they?
Even the comic book Robinis can't. ESPECIALLY the comic book Robins.

Looks like Batman is using some MCU Black Widow tricks to get some advantage on Bane. Very smart.
Batman being smart is a surprise to you?

Bane looks a lot more… normal than I expected him to be unmasked, not gonna lie.
Most luchadors aren't burn victims, man.

Baby-Doll (TAofBaR intro: 3)

~Instead of Dahl hating her co-stars, it turns out it should’ve been the other way around since she quit the show to become a more serious actress and left her co-stars with no decent good work.
Screw them, good actors land on their feet no matter what.

Robin: “Remember that time Poison Ivy nearly smothered us in those vines? With the really sharp thorns?”
Batman: “Yes.”
Robin: “This is worse.

I dunno, Dick. There’s a sort of kitchy charm to these old cheesy shows to the point people homage, parody, and sometimes even make continuations of them to this day.
Not all of them, though. Some are just cringefests.

Cousin Spunky? Seriously? To quote The Simpsons: “Adding a new character is often a desperate attempt to boost low ratings.”
So, you hate Tim Drake. Gotcha.

Dynamite as a birthday candle? When did this turn into a freaking Looney Tune?
When Warner Bros. agreed to produce this series?

Gun doll… sure, why not.
Technically, Scarface IS a gun doll.

Anyone remember McDonald’s play places? Cause this where Batman is now chasing after Mary.
Remember? I know a McDonald's that still has theirs.
Old August 19th, 2017, 01:31 PM #94
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

PrimoMystechRanger wrote: View Post

So, you hate Tim Drake. Gotcha.
I never said that at all. In fact, I'll get into how I feel about Tim proper once Return of the Joker comes around. In the meantime, I have a lot of night shifts coming up lately so reviews will come out a little more often for the next few days which explains the speed of the next couple of sets.

The Lion and the Unicorn

~It’s been a while since we’ve started in the Batcave.

~FANSERVICE.

~Is it just me, or is every member of the Bat Family Adorkable in their own unique ways?

~Oh yeah, you often tend to forget that hired help, especially butlers and maids, have family that don’t work for your current employer.

~That red outfit looks vaguely familiar…

~Even Bruce and Dick realize the seriousness of Alfred’s family situation if he just leaves with a note instead of telling them that’s he’s gone away.

~Ooh England. Too bad it’s in darkness like Gotham mostly is right now.

~Oh yeah, Alfred can also be a badass when he wants to be in some continuities.

~So… according to Amazon Prime, there actually is more than one London, despite Alfred’s snark. It’s just that England’s London is the most well-known and many others tend to forget that there is more than one London.

~Alfred’s backstory, according to Bruce, is that before he moved to the States, he was essentially a high-ranking government agent for England… and his “cousin” might actually be a fellow co-worker in trouble.

~Oh hey, it’s Red Claw. Long time, no see!

~A quick reminder to the audience that Alfred Pennyworth was indeed a badass.

~Okay, we get it, we’re in England. You don’t have to have your henchman have English or Cockney accents to remind us that.

~And those two nameless henchmen just stole the Knight Bus.

~Nice brief interaction involving the Dynamic Duo dealing with two henchmen trying to get away on a British bus.

~I see Red Claw is going with traditional terrorism this time around rather than germ warfare terrorism.

~Alfred and Frederick refuse to give information so Red Claw decides to… shoot them?

~Meanwhile, at UNIT headquarters…

~That is a good question: how did Batman and Robin enter this government facility virtually undetected?

~Project: Excalibur? Man, this episode is full of references to England, isn’t it?

~Oh, so the gun Red Claw used was full of truth serum: very simple but effective.

~Red Claw: “And people wonder why no one takes Britain seriously anymore.” I could say the same way for the current state of our country…

~Very MGS-eqsque way for Batman and Robin to infiltrate Red Claw’s castle.

~Effective blink-and-you’ll miss it takedown of the guards by the Dynamic Duo.

~Batman has connections you would never likely expect, Red Claw.

~Pit of spikes and… black sludge with almost no way to escape… yup, this definitely feels like a British spy movie.

~Still having your nameless henchmen have accents, I see.

~Dang… Red Claw’s ransom video is very simple but effective. “God save the Queen.” indeed.

~I love that a nameless henchman points out that it might not be a smart idea to post a ransom video when Red Claw only has access to half the codes you need to do her bombing act.

~Oh dear, Red Claw has both codes now…

~Batman and Robin are finally here to stop Red Claw!

~Not much to comment on right now, other than it’s a legitimately good action climax sequence.

~Alfred escapes his bonds and knocks out the lookout… only for Red Claw to knock out Robin and lock him, Alfred, and Frederick back in the room.

~Welp… Red Claw got away and the missile just got launched…

~Time for Batman to stop a nuke!

~How in the world did Red Claw board the Batplane and how did Bruce not notice her presence until she attacked him?

~Huh. Red Claw actually unmasked Bruce.

~Never thought I’d see the ejector seats for the Batplane to be used to stop a terrorist.

~Definitely not an Iron Man… but Bruce did pull that off pretty well, all things considered.

~And we fade out with something closely resembling Casablanca’s ending.

Showdown

~Already starting off with an action sequence… at a retirement home… Curiosity peaked.

~Ra’s al Ghul? Who could he possibly want at a Gotham retirement home?

~And suddenly Batman and Robin show up!

~I just now noticed the mooks Ra’s hired kinda look like Spider-Man’s black/Venom outfit except without the web patterns.

~And Ra’s successfully got away with… whom?

~Ra’s wants the Dynamic Duo to find out who he kidnapped and why. Curiouser and curiouser.

~Okay, plot exposition tape leads us to the Old West now, apparently.

~Mysterious wanderer of the Wild West…

~Oh snap, it’s Jonah Hex: the Wild Western Batman…. but older and in a different voice than I recognize him from Justice League Unlimited… This must be in his older days then.

~So Jonah’s after this… Arkady Duvall guy. I assume he’s related to the guy Ra’s kidnapped then.

~I imagine Jonah would be bushed after all the crazy adventures he’s already been through at this point of his life. Dude must’ve met time travelers almost a hundred times at this point, encountered aliens just as much, and dealt with the occult on an almost daily basis during his Winters.

~Yeah, Jonah was definitely Wild Western Batman because, even in his old days, he can still be a damn badass.

~Jonah does some detective work and is sort of considered a vigilante to actual law enforcement… just like our own modern Dark Knight.

~Jonah thoughts: “Oh great. A sky monster. It must either be aliens again, an actual flyin’ beastie for a change, or one of them zeppelin flyin’ devices young’uns like usin’ these days.”

~He may not have Bruce’s dashing good looks, but Jonah does attract the ladies with his own unique charm.

~Jonah thoughts: “It’s zeppelins. It’s almost always zeppelins with young’uns these days, I swear.”

~I really admire that the animators show how a freaking zeppelin can be made during the time of the Wild West with this construction team Arkady hired.

~Oh, so that’s Ra’s connection with Arkady… he worked with him during his Wild West days… I’ll just assume that Arkady went into the Lazarus Pit at one point then because he looks in his 20’s now, and if we fast-forward to where Bruce and Dick are now, he should be well over 100 years old.

~Arkady sounds almost remarkedly like Ra’s when heard side-by-side… Give credit for Malcom McDowell and Dave Warner’s voice acting chops.

~So Ra’s plan is to use Arkady’s goons to bombs the railroads and force the government to proclaim him “master of America”. I don’t think you understand how our government works, past Ra’s.

~Welp, Jonah got caught pretty quickly and beat down hard.

~I love that Jonah is not only in this mess because of a promise he made to a girl, but also because he wants the monetary reward.

~A death trap? Man, the comparisons to Batman are growing more and more by the scene for Jonah.

~I can only assume that Ra’s kidnapped an elderly Arkady from that Gotham retirement home now because this conquest went down south because of Jonah.

~Yup Jonah escapes his prison cell, in a somewhat Batman-like fashion.

~Jonah’s thoughts: “At least zeppelins are easier to deal with than aliens who speak normally speak gibberish, or them flyin’ beasties hoppin’ around all over the place.”

~Man, the Wild West is also strikingly similar to Gotham in some ways with this government worker resembling Mayor Hill in a sense and before he can do his government act of opening the railroad, chaos ensues.

~Geez, Ra’s a little overkill much?

~Geez, Jonah gives no fucks when it concerns his own safety and well-being like Batman, does he?

~I love that the Union soldiers actually think they brought down the zeppelin with their firearms.

~To be fair, Arkady, the zeppelin should be a relatively new invention at this point so almost no one would know it’s structure and what it would do if tampered with.

~Holy cow Jonah! Lay off the recklessness! I mean, I know you want to go out with a blaze of glory but at least try to slow down a bit.

~Jonah Hex faces off Arkady Duvall in a blade duel on top of an exploding and crashing zeppelin. I freakin’ love this show sometimes.

~Ooh… really cold past Ra’s. At least I know you’ll pick up Arkady in the present… for whatever reason.

~Not exactly the most graceful escape for Jonah and Arkady, but it works.

~Jonah doesn’t take bribes from criminals… like Batman. He wants justice served… like Batman.

~“I’m getting too old for this.” You don’t say, Jonah? You don’t say.

~Back in the present… the dots connect together for Bruce.

~Called it: Arkady went into the Lazarus Pit… but why is he so important to Ra’s to be put into the Lazarus Pit anyway?

~Oh… so even though he left him to his own fate and essentially exiled him… Ra’s went back for Arkady this one time because the powers of the Lazarus Pit are finite… and he wanted his son to live out his last moments amongst his family.

~And so, Batman and Robin acquiesce to Ra’s request…

Riddler's Reform (TAofBaR intro: 4)

~Hoo boy, I’d better break out my obscure thinking cap for this one.

~Ah exposition news, you never cease to fail us.

~International Toy Fair… and Edward Nygma before he became the Riddler essentially created the world’s most popular PC video game… I think I see where this is going.

~So even though exposition news says he’s reformed, Edward is still wearing his Riddler outfit. Maybe it’s a promotional thing.

~And Batman and Robin immediately jump to possibly the wrong conclusions because of exposition news.

~Oh yeah, continuity… kinda forgot that Nygma sent a question mark box to Commissioner Gordon and he kinda got stuck in Virtual Boy land because of that.

~Huh… so essentially… Edward sold his Riddler persona and his past puzzle tech to make toys and profit for himself. Gotta say, it’s been a while to see a villain actually being genuine about their reform for a change. However, like the Penguin before him, I suspect this change won’t last too long for Nygma.

~I understand this toymaker’s logic… after all, out of all of Batman’s past rogues so far, the Riddler was one of the few who not only got away the first time but also made good profits before going into his costumed gimmick. It’s… actually clever marketing.

~And as if the episode is reading my mind, Summer Gleeson on the news exposits the status of the last villain who tried reforming but failed as a sort of ominous premonition.

~Holy cow… even when he says he isn’t performing Riddle-based crimes anymore, Nygma is still up to his old tricks by inserting riddles into his casual dialogue.

~So it’s more about the obsession to do the crimes, rather than the profit? Guess that makes sense, after all some rich people are more obsessed with how they make the money rather than how much they make.

~That Riddler commercial was somehow more shameful and self-promoting than Joker’s Joker fish advertisements.

~A latitude and longitude puzzle from the Riddler? That isn’t like him to leave something so blatantly obvious…

~Nygma actually used leet speak as part of a puzzle? Well, color me impressed now.

~Actually, Nygma, it just took Batman a touch longer than usual to solve your riddle… I’m sure he’ll show up any minute now.

~Took them a while, but the Dynamic Duo finally show up stop Nygma’s nameless henchmen.

~Well, Robin certainly didn’t get out of that fight scene unscathed.

~Batman goes after the nameless henchmen solo.

~Huh… actually genuinely surprised that the nameless henchmen escaped. Kudos.

~Meanwhile, Nygma is still mingling with his investors… and now some sexy women.

~Huh… Nygma actually outsmarted Batman for a change with his latest encounter with him. Major kudos.

~So despite the brief humiliation, Batman says he’s not gonna quit hounding the Riddler until he screws up majorly.

~Edward Nygma figures out that if Batman’s not gonna stop hounding him, then he might as well kill Batman to stop his riddle crime temptation. Odd logic, but then again, Riddler is all about odd logic.

~Well, that latest riddle commercial was subtle as hell, wasn’t it?

~Just shooting Batman, relatively mundane. Shooting Batman with in inflatable doppelganger: that’s crazy inventive.

~Okay, most of these other deathtraps are relatively mundane… but also double as not so subtle Riddles, so it still fits in perfectly with Nygma’s schtick.

~Yeah, it’s never that easy to kill Batman, Nygma.

~Why do nameless henchmen think they always stand a snowball’s chance against heroes?

~Uh… Nygma… you do realize you’re about to get scammed for info hard by Batman, right? It’s not worth finding out how he survived over your own freedom and profits.

~Ooh, Nygma was even brought down by his own two-way radio toy he humiliated Batman with earlier. Tough break.

~Batman’s solution to Nygma’s deathtrap puzzle: pull a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull except with a safe. Like all the puzzles in this episode, it was simple, but effective.

~And we end with Nygma obsessing over how Batman escaped his deathtrap… without realizing the obvious solution…
Old August 19th, 2017, 04:57 PM #95
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

The Lion and the Unicorn

~Is it just me, or is every member of the Bat Family Adorkable in their own unique ways?
BATMAN IS NOT A DORK HE'S SUPER SERIOUS ABOUT EVERYTHING EVEN HAVING FUN OH WAIT THAT IS BEING A DORK DARN IT

~Okay, we get it, we’re in England. You don’t have to have your henchman have English or Cockney accents to remind us that.
Um, all British people have British accents...

That is a good question: how did Batman and Robin enter this government facility virtually undetected?
Ninjas.

Showdown

~Oh snap, it’s Jonah Hex: the Wild Western Batman…. but older and in a different voice than I recognize him from Justice League Unlimited… This must be in his older days then.
This episode weirded me out as a kid, but it's the first thing I think of when I think of Ra's al Ghul.

Probably because the title card is still on one of my old Power Rangers VHS tapes.

Riddler's Reform (TAofBaR intro: 4)

~Hoo boy, I’d better break out my obscure thinking cap for this one.
Anything less for The Riddler would be disrespectful.

So even though exposition news says he’s reformed, Edward is still wearing his Riddler outfit. Maybe it’s a promotional thing.
You can still be cool after you go good.

So it’s more about the obsession to do the crimes, rather than the profit? Guess that makes sense, after all some rich people are more obsessed with how they make the money rather than how much they make.
No one after the money would literally tell the hero how to get it back.

Why do nameless henchmen think they always stand a snowball’s chance against heroes?
Better than willingly going to jail.

Plus, you can tell all the inmates you fought Batman. That's fucking awesome.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 01:28 PM #96
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Second Chance (TAofBaR intro: 5)

~Clichéd dark and stormy night for Gotham.

~Interesting… if I had to guess, then this opening scene implies that Two-Face is at the hospital to get the left side of his face fixed whist simultaneously trying to become Harvey Dent again and the Dynamic Duo are here to make sure nothing goes awry.

~As soon as Batman confirms my theory…. we suddenly have a brief flashback to when Harvey Dent became Two-Face.

~Yeah… I’m pretty sure what the head surgeon is saying is not accurate of how one cures their multiple personality disorder.

~Well… Two-Face does genuinely sound like he’s almost ready to change back to Harvey Dent with his growly voice being very subdued to the point where you can almost hear a perfect blend of Harvey Dent and Two-Face amongst his recollections.

~Of course, before the surgery can even start, random hitmen come in to spoil another antagonist’s chance at redemption.

~Sure, Bats, don’t try and break the window even further and just go rushing straight into the ER.

~Apparently, rushing into the ER was more effective than breaking the roof window. Who’da thunk it?

~That was a perfect demonstration of why Batman isn’t perfect by having him throw a Batarang at the nameless thug to cause him to miss shooting the Caped Crusader… only for the thug to shoot one of the lights causing it to detach and crash into the Dynamic Duo allowing every one of the nameless thugs to escape.

~Obligatory split-up maneuver.

~That definitely wasn’t your best chase and capture, Dick.

~Man, it is a rough night for Batman and Robin…

~Still, Batman wants at least some success from a bad night.

~Congrats, Bats. You officially made your bad night into an average night!

~Rupert Thorne again? Man, guy should really learn to not mess with Two-Face since he essentially made him in a sense.

~So it’s either Thorne who put out the hit or The Penguin… and since the car containing Harvey was headed towards Penguin’s current locale, he’s another prime suspect.

~A brief bit of foreshadowing on Bruce and Dick’s relationship later on while they split up, again, to deal with the head suspects.

~Why do I get the feeling this Half Moon Club is where Harvey Dent will eventually be?

~Robin really needs to step up his stealth skills.

~So according to Rupert Thorne, he didn’t set up the kidnapping but he wished he did… so all that’s left is The Penguin.

~Rupert Thorne… was planning to throw Two-Face off a bridge once he caught him… Very mundane, but it fits in a mob boss sort of mentality.

~Meanwhile, The Penguin seems to be doing well for himself at Stonegate training local pigeons/doves to dance for his entertainment.

~So Penguin’s beef with Two-Face was that they wanted an artifact that just happened to be a two-headed bird, but Harvey got to it first. However, Penguin states he doesn’t attack his fellow antagonists when they are ill because he believes in honor among thieves.

~No suspects left. Who kidnapped Two-Face then?

~The Dynamic Duo gathers clues to figure out who the kidnapper is… and Batman finally figures it out and goes alone… because he partially feels responsible for his closest friend’s transformation into one of his most formidable foes.

~The Half Moon Club? Oh… I see who Harvey Dent’s kidnapper and worst enemy was then…

~Harvey Dent’s kidnapper and worst enemy: his alter-ego Two-Face.

~Really should’ve brought Robin along now, Bats, with you being severely outnumbered now.

~I’d argue that the Joker is Batman’s worst enemy, but he’s not in this caper, as far as I know.

~Huh… Harvey’s coin of fate... actually landed on its side for once because Batman asked it to land on the floor. Twice in a row even. Coincidence? I think not.

~Batman makes his escape on Harvey’s third coin flip of fate to its side.

~Uh… Harvey, you are well aware of the idea of Taking a Third Option of not flipping the coin anymore and making your own decisions, right? Or in your current case, taking a fourth option on continuously flipping the coin until you get a definitive heads or tails option.

~While Harvey is having a semi-existential crisis, Batman seems to be handling the nameless henchmen pretty well on his own… I guess he didn’t need Robin after all.

~Dude… seriously? Sometimes you can’t leave fate to chance, and just have to roll with the punches and just go with the flow of life. In other words, save yourself and forget about that coin, Two-Face!

~Robin here to assist while Batman exposits that he swapped Harvey’s coin with a trick one that always lands on its side. I guess that explains why he got himself captured so easily then.

~Harvey’s decision: to be saved. Two-Face’s decision: to perish.

~Friendship: often times cheesy and overused, but if used correctly, it’s a powerful tool to save others in need.

Harley's Holiday (TAofBaR intro: 6)

~Stating off already with what seems to be the third villain redemption story in a row, but in Arkham this time round. At least we know right away that the staff makes terrible decisions firsthand now.

~That was the best Mood Whiplash scene I’ve seen in a while from this show.

~I honestly can’t tell if Batman is being genuinely sincere about Harley’s release since he looks as stoic as ever and the fact that he just dealt with two villains who already tried reforming but failed.

~Confirmed: Batman is sincere… but cautious.

~Harley’s definition of sane: walking hyenas out in public whist blowing bubble gum in a skimpy outfit on roller skates. I’d consider that more abnormal than “sane”.

~You don’t look like a total geek, Harley. You look like an extra from a 60’s film.

~Bruce is dating Veronica Vreeland for a change? I can’t tell if this is a courtesy date or just friendly outing between two rich debutantes then.

~And of course, Harley’s shopping spree just happens to be in the same place where Bruce is getting some new outfits. Hijinks ensue.

~Huh… the hyenas can tell Bruce is Batman. Must be his cologne.

~Ooh… Harley almost recognized Bruce as Batman there in public. That probably would’ve been the ultimate scandal right there and then.

~Well… give Harley credit for being incredibly perky and open without realizing what she’s saying is kinda negative.

~Like the past two villain redemption stories we just looked at, Harley seems genuine about her change… which will then somehow spiral out of control with her returning to her roots because of her own actions, like with Riddler and Two-Face.

~Case in point, Harley did pay for her outfit… but she neglected to have the security tag removed which caused the alarm to go off, security to come after, and her assuming the worst.

~Luckily, Bruce Wayne is still nearby and tries to convince Harley, both as himself and Batman, to not escalate things any further… only for Harley to come out angrily in costume saying society is to blame… Uh Harley, for Penguin that phrase was incredibly justified, but in your case… you just assumed the worst, and will now get yourself in deeper.

~So because Harley legally paid for a dress on sale, she then proceeded to do minor property damage, hijack Bruce Wayne’s car, and unintentionally kidnap Veronica Vreeland. In short, this is still somehow better than Black Friday in Gotham.

~Man, Bullock can’t catch a break when he’s not on patrol, can he?

~Veronica’s father is a military general? Things are just getting worse for Harley this outing, aren’t they?

~Do not mess with Jim Gordon’s coffee even if you are a military general.

~General Vreeland really needs an anger management retreat with General Ross of Marvel someday.

~Batman and Robin on the lookout for Harley before she totally ruins her second chance.

~This is the strangest car chase I’ve ever seen: Batman and Robin in the Batmobile chasing after Harvey Bullock in his partially wrecked non-patrol car going after Harley Quinn, her pet hyenas, and Veronica Vreeland in one of Bruce Wayne’s cars. It’s almost as if I’m watching Gotham’s Wacky Races now.

~And the Batmobile is now neck-to neck with Bruce Wayne’s car after a minor crash from Bullock’s non-patrol car. Can the Dynamic Duo convince Harley Quinn to stop this misunderstanding going further off the rails? The answer: probably not.

~Yeesh, really hope Bullock has really good car insurance… or he can sell his car as a foreign convertible for big bucks after this mess is done.

~Huh… so instead of hiding out with the Joker like she normally does, Harley went to Boxy Bennet… I mean it makes sense in that you do get a sense that Harley’s genuine about her redemption by immediately not going to her beau to help sort things out.

~Kisses are the best bribes?

~Another reason to believe Harley’s genuine about her change: she didn’t mean to kidnap Veronica, she was just an accessory to Bruce Wayne’s car hijacking so now she wants her to go free… too bad Boxy has other ideas.

~The Dynamic Duo here to stop Boxy Bennet and help out Harley and Veronica!

~There are times when Harley Quinn borders on Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Neutral…

~Fish nunchucks… I didn’t know Dick was a fan of Secret of the Ooze.

~I didn’t know Harley could weaponize her hyenas like that.

~So… I’m guessing Harley still has Veronica with her because she wants Veronica home safely or Harley considers her good company.

~Nameless henchmen very rarely knock themselves out… but when they do, it’s always hilarious.

~Huh… so if I’m to understand this conversation correctly, even Harley herself is convinced that what she did back at the store wasn’t all a mistake… She probably unconsciously did it on purpose… So maybe she isn’t yet ready to go back into regular society and needs more time in Arkham to get better… or at least she needs more time away from the Joker. Either or.

~And there’s the army tank Veronica’s father ordered for to ruin Harley’s optimism.

~Add Boxy Bennet in the fish truck he stole earlier in today’s version of Gotham’s Wacky Races then.

~I’m… honestly surprised Bullock can still drive his almost totaled non-patrol car.

~A quick reminder to the audience that the Batmobile is still in this absurd race.

~Unsurprisingly, the Batmobile was the only car that got out of this whole sequence undamaged… maybe the tank too, but it’s hard to tell right now.

~At least Harley kept her promise of delivering Veronica back safely before escaping?

~Boxy gets some comeuppance from Robin and Bullock.

~”I’m having a bad day!” Understatement of the episode, Harley.

~A quick reminder to the audience that this episode was all indeed a giant misunderstanding over a dress.

~Even though the Joker isn’t in this episode, his face has to be in it at least once: on the grenade that leads to Harley’s capture into Batman’s arms.

~There is indeed hope that Harley will reenter regular society for good after more time in Arkham and away from her puddin’.

~The reason Batman worked so hard to make sure Harley was all right all episode, despite being an enemy: he knows, as Bruce Wayne, how hard it is to improve yourself after life puts you down… and thus with the simple gesture of giving her the dress that this whole debacle was all about, Batman relates his “bad day” to Harley’s own bad day.

~So… uh… should I now count Harley Quinn amongst the list of Bruce’s failed girlfriends now with that liplock?

~I like that even Robin and Poison Ivy can only stare at the smooching, then stare at each other questioning somewhat internally: “Should…we also do that someday too, maybe?”

~And we end with Poison Ivy smiling at Harley’s progress of her life without her precious Mr. J.

Lock-Up (TAofBaR intro: 7)

~Arkham twice in a row, starting off…

~Huh… unlike last episode where Crane was being straight out unwilling to go back into an Arkham cell, this time he’s begging Batman and Robin not to put him back in there, even going out to say he’s afraid. Something is definitely not right in Arkham Asylum lately…

~It’s just a rough and tough security guard that Scarecrow is afraid of? Dude must really love being bad cop more than Bullock then.

~Apparently, Lyle Bolton not only takes his job seriously, it looks like he revels it.

~Yeesh, Bolton. If anyone needs major anger management, it’s definitely you.

~Harley’s intimidated more by Bolton’s smirk than the Joker’s influence? Defnitely something wrong here…

~Even Scarface and the Ventriloquist refuse to say anything bad about Bolton due to pure fear? I was joking about Arkham needing to step up their standards, but this guy is definitely way too much from these testimonials.

~We go back to Jonathan Crane’s thoughts on Lyle Bolton’s methods…

~Bruce wanting the truth smartly suggests Bolton stays at Arkham longer… only for every one of our rogues to take back their false praise and says what Bolton been really doing to each of them.

~Yeesh, Bolton cannot take criticism. It’s almost like he’s also a modern day Small Name, Big Ego game developer.

~Uh… Bolton, you may have kept the inmates of Arkham inside its walls, but as we saw with Crane, they also desperately wanted to escape because of your methods. In short, you are your own antithesis.

~Actually, Bolton the three primary forces that make up Arkham what it is, according to you: the police, the government, and the doctors, help misguided criminals in a unison with a system that works better than you think it does. The police capture the foes as best as possible, the doctors do their best to reform those criminals, and the government spends money to house the misguided and pay the police and doctors. It’s not perfect, but it works. You think it doesn’t work because as one person, you can do better than a group of people.

~Why do I have the feeling is about to go all Stain from My Hero Academia, except with a whole lot less killing.

~And suddenly, time skip!

~Apparently, Bruce’s latest date was with Summer Gleeson. Sadly, no follow-up “exclusive interview”.

~It’s not every day you get locked into your own car and get towed anyway unexpectedly.

~Of course Bruce would have a Batsuit and smokescreen in his business briefcase, why wouldn’t he?

~Lock-Up? Seriously? You couldn’t have come up with a better name like The Jailer or The Warden, Bolton? I mean, I know it fits with your actual name, but you gotta have somewhat more creativity than just Lock-Up.

~Uh… why would Batman want the press jailed, Lock-Up? She’s done nothing absolutely wrong. At best, Summer is probably a neutral party in all of this because she reports on criminal acts as professionally as she can.

~Harvey Bullock: “Just what this town needs: another psycho in a Halloween costume.” Almost every police officer’s thoughts on costumed people in comic book-related media, people.

~And Batman immediately figures out Lock-Up is Lyle Bolton after doing basic detective work.

~Batman and Robin do a of independent actions despite the show now being called The Adventures of Batman and Robin.

~Arkham has apparently been hijacked, again. At least this time it’s by one misunderstood crazy person rather than a collective group of misunderstood crazy people.

~Second time Bullock has lit the Bat-Signal. This time it’s because Bolton bolted off with Gordon and handcuffed Harvey. How the guy managed to turn the Bat-Signal on while in chains is actually kind of impressive.

~So Mayor Hill is last on Bolton’s list of people who he truly believes needs to be imprisoned due to Gotham’s criminals.

~As soon as Robin says that if him and Batman can sneak through Hill’s security system, so can Bolton, Lock-Up basically smoke bombs the Mayor’s chimney.

~Of course Lock-Up would bolt down the Batmobile to prevent the Dynamic Duo from going after him.

~Bolton electrified the prison bars? Geez man, I know Arkham needs a better staff and all, but you didn’t have to imprison four of Gotham’s prominent figureheads to issue your point.

~Bolton was the security chief while Stonegate Prison was being built? That explains so much.

~More splittin’-up. This time on a boat.

~Oh yeah, Bolton technically has a home field advantage since he used to work for this prison boat.

~Uh… why do I get the feeling Bolton is really into BDSM?

~Lock-Up lost already? But there’s like six minutes left of this episode to go. He’s not going down without a fight.

~And let’s have the prison boat starting moving then crash and slowly sink while we’re at it too.

~Add a thunderstorm to add the aesthetics.

~I think you’re the crazy one, Bolton, if you refer to the Arkham inmates as “creatures”.

~*insert your own Titanic reference here*

~Maybe in a different time and place, you and Batman would make a great team, Bolton, but now… you’re definitely in the wrong.

~I really want to see how Bruce escaped those handcuffs and knocked out Bolton underwater now…

~And thus we end with Bolton locked up in Arkham for his behavior, being mocked by the prisoners he roughed upon… only for him to essentially say “I’m not trapped in here with you. You’re trapped in here with me.”
Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:50 PM #97
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Second Chance (TAofBaR intro: 5)

~Yeah… I’m pretty sure what the head surgeon is saying is not accurate of how one cures their multiple personality disorder.
Considering there is no conclusive "cure" for disassociative identity disorder (the PC way to say multiple personalities), you'd be right.

That was a perfect demonstration of why Batman isn’t perfect by having him throw a Batarang at the nameless thug to cause him to miss shooting the Caped Crusader… only for the thug to shoot one of the lights causing it to detach and crash into the Dynamic Duo allowing every one of the nameless thugs to escape.
Even Batman can't fight happenstance.

Really should’ve brought Robin along now, Bats, with you being severely outnumbered now.
Kid would've gotten in his way.

I’d argue that the Joker is Batman’s worst enemy, but he’s not in this caper, as far as I know.
Quoth Bruce Wayne himself: "I didn't rank them."

Uh… Harvey, you are well aware of the idea of Taking a Third Option of not flipping the coin anymore and making your own decisions, right? Or in your current case, taking a fourth option on continuously flipping the coin until you get a definitive heads or tails option.
If he could make his own decisions, he wouldn't need the coin. And if you re-flip, you're disregarding how the coin landed to begin with, which you trusted to make the decision in the first place.

While Harvey is having a semi-existential crisis, Batman seems to be handling the nameless henchmen pretty well on his own… I guess he didn’t need Robin after all.
Told ya.

Robin here to assist while Batman exposits that he swapped Harvey’s coin with a trick one that always lands on its side. I guess that explains why he got himself captured so easily then.
I never did figure out how you can make a coin do that. Always one side makes sense, but the gyroscope needed for such a small object to stay vertical like that...

Harley's Holiday (TAofBaR intro: 6)

~Harley’s definition of sane: walking hyenas out in public whist blowing bubble gum in a skimpy outfit on roller skates. I’d consider that more abnormal than “sane”.
Given the intent was genuine, it was more irresponsible than abnormal.

Bruce is dating Veronica Vreeland for a change? I can’t tell if this is a courtesy date or just friendly outing between two rich debutantes then.
For rich debutantes, there really is no difference.

Huh… the hyenas can tell Bruce is Batman. Must be his cologne.
Even a ninja can't change his natural musk.

Like the past two villain redemption stories we just looked at, Harley seems genuine about her change… which will then somehow spiral out of control with her returning to her roots because of her own actions, like with Riddler and Two-Face.
Harley was never evil, just mischievous and loyal to a psycho.

Luckily, Bruce Wayne is still nearby and tries to convince Harley, both as himself and Batman, to not escalate things any further… only for Harley to come out angrily in costume saying society is to blame… Uh Harley, for Penguin that phrase was incredibly justified, but in your case… you just assumed the worst, and will now get yourself in deeper.
But did she assume the worst, or did people respond unnecessarily harshly for something they should taken care of before there was any issue to begin with?

Man, Bullock can’t catch a break when he’s not on patrol, can he?
He busts balls as often as he breathes. Dude doesn't deserve a break.

So… uh… should I now count Harley Quinn amongst the list of Bruce’s failed girlfriends now with that liplock?
Bats has relations with everybody in some capacity. Even the wards in some people's heads...

Lock-Up (TAofBaR intro: 7)

~Uh… Bolton, you may have kept the inmates of Arkham inside its walls, but as we saw with Crane, they also desperately wanted to escape because of your methods. In short, you are your own antithesis.
Well, yeah. Punishing bad guys doesn't make you a good guy.

Of course Bruce would have a Batsuit and smokescreen in his business briefcase, why wouldn’t he?
Gotta be prepared on the go.

And compete with Marvel's answer to Batman Tony Stark, of course.

Lock-Up? Seriously? You couldn’t have come up with a better name like The Jailer or The Warden, Bolton? I mean, I know it fits with your actual name, but you gotta have somewhat more creativity than just Lock-Up.
I don't know, seems more fun and unexpected than a law enforcement occupation name.

Harvey Bullock: “Just what this town needs: another psycho in a Halloween costume.” Almost every police officer’s thoughts on costumed people in comic book-related media, people.
Which is right 76% of the time.

Batman and Robin do a of independent actions despite the show now being called The Adventures of Batman and Robin.
AND Robin. Not With Robin.

Bolton electrified the prison bars? Geez man, I know Arkham needs a better staff and all, but you didn’t have to imprison four of Gotham’s prominent figureheads to issue your point.
Sure he did. Government doesn't listen unless you force them to.

I think you’re the crazy one, Bolton, if you refer to the Arkham inmates as “creatures”.
To be fair, Clayface, Croc and Man-Bat pretty much are creatures.

I really want to see how Bruce escaped those handcuffs and knocked out Bolton underwater now…
Ninja, escape artist, both, take your pick.
Old August 24th, 2017, 12:56 PM #98
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

Make 'Em Laugh (TAofBaR intro: 8)

~Well… that’s definitely a unique way to start off the episode.

~So… yeah… it’s the premiere of everyone’s new favorite joke villain: The Condiment King. I guess it makes sense that his first criminal act would be to show up in a fancy restaurant and demand people take him seriously or else he’ll ruin their fancy meals and outfits with ketchup and mustard.

~That hot sauce the Condiment King used must’ve been the extra spicy variety if it dealt with that rich man so easily.

~”It’s gonna be one of those nights…” I feel for you, Bruce…

~I’m still somewhat amazed that the rich clientele gave up their valuables so easily just because of the threat of refined tomato paste and Gray Poupon.

~I love that Batman condemns Condiment King’s shtick as him being a newcomer to crime and willing to let him go so long as he gives back the goods and doesn’t do any more misdeeds.

~Of course, since he is a delusional villain, Condiment King refuses to give up… and is immediately foiled by his own weaponized ketchup in probably record time for any villain to be foiled by their own actions.

~I don’t think Renee Montoya and Harvey Bullock expected to arrest a man who overzealously uses optional burger and hot dog add-ons.

~A TV comedian? That explains so much and yet not enough about the Condiment King.

~Yeah, it doesn’t make sense from a business perspective why a successful comedian would go and dress in a silly costume and go on a one-man crime spree. Unless he had a mental breakdown, there is literally no reason why Buddy would do ruin his career.

~Meanwhile, Alfred is buying a new outfit that’s appropriate for watching a comedy competition.

~The Pack Rat? And his shtick is… stealing things aren’t worth much value like purses or jewelry cases and not the money or jewels inside said receptacles… I can now see why the Condiment King is more famous, that’s for sure.

~At least The Pack Rat is actually using a real gun instead of a joke one?

~Of course, since Alfred is caught in the midst of The Pack Rat’s mischief, he decided to use the nearby pay phones to call for Master Bruce and Master Dick’s assistance.

~It’s still surreal to see this particular criminal be happy with inconsequential stuff like a broken mannequin dummy’s arm, a cash register’s till with no money, and a pay phone receiver.

~Meanwhile, a comedian is feeding herself and own ego by watching themselves on TV saying on the phone they’ll only judge the plot comedy competition if paid well.

~Well, that familiar suit and voice as well as Amazon Prime’s description pretty much spoiled who’s causing this chaos.

~Oh yeah, The Pack Rat is still performing his “crime spree”. This time he wants gum wrappers, loose string, and lint balls from his hostages.

~I love that whist The Pack Rat’s tied up and proclaims his challenge over Batman and Robin, The Dynamic Duo can only stare at each other and wonder, “Is this really happening right now?”

~I will never get tired of finger wagging Batman.

~I’ll give him this: at least Pack Rat put up more of a fight than the Condiment King and his downfall didn’t come immediately after due to his own actions.

~Another comedian wearing a ridiculous outfit doing their loose definition of a crime spree. This practically screams Joker, but since the Dynamic Duo discover mind control tech on Pack Rat, they immediately assume Mad Hatter.

~One visit to an out cold so hard, a herd of elephants stampeding couldn’t wake Jervis Tetch up in Arkham later…

~So our three comedians are all involved as judges with this plot comedy competition. I see where this is going.

~Huh… I expected the Joker to hijack the previous competition in some form, not legit try out for the previous competition in disguise only to be snubbed because he didn’t register on time.

~You sometimes tend to forget that behind his many outlandish schemes, Joker can be incredibly petty at times.

~And now we know Joker’s microchip usage originated because he didn’t win an award and title he thought he deserved.

~I guess Joker wanted to use his comedian disguise for that dramatic reveal.

~Batman and Robin here to stop bad comedy.

~Mighty Mom? Where’s Dyno Dad then to assist in making the world a safer place for Timmy Turner?

~A comedian in a superhero costume under Joker’s mind control spanking an adult Boy Wonder... I… got… nothing…

~So the list of most threatening to least threating in comedy villains goes: Pack Rat, Mighty Mom, Condiment King. Yeah… that makes sense.

~Meanwhile, Joker is still trying to get away with the award and title of Gotham’s Funniest Person.

~That’s now four foes in one episode that are inadvertently beaten by their own actions… a new record!

~I don’t blame Gotham laughing at Joker’s latest capture. I mean it was a literal visual comedy of errors that led to that ending.

Deep Freeze (TAofBaR intro: 9)

~Working automaton heading towards Arkham/Stonegate. Sometimes I wonder if the creators intentionally planned out the Beyond-verse with scenes like this.

~Give those security guards credit: they at least tried to stop to the robot.

~Ah yes, continuity time. This episode takes place before Sub-Zero which is why Victor Fries is still in prison with his dancing ballerina figurine.

~I think that’s the first time I’ve seen a villain gets kidnapped against their will.

~Batman go visit Karl Rossum, the creator of H.A.R.D.A.C., for robo info… only for Bat-Mite to introduce them into his doorstep… Um… what.

~Oh so Karl makes robotic toys now and Bat-Mite just so happens to be one of them… Odd choice, but he still is a sort of eccentric inventor.

~So according to Karl… he used to work for not Walt Disney making Chuck E. Cheese-like animatronics. I see where this is going now…

~Meanwhile, we travel underwater via robot to… the bottle city of Kandor?

~So Grant Walker kidnapped Victor from his prison cell… to help him make robots? Well, his suit is hi-tech enough to help him regulate his temperature and… oh… now I truly see where this is going now.

~Shark missiles headed for the Batboat. Now I’m pretty sure the Bat-Shark Repellant wouldn’t work on these since they also double as missiles.

~Welp, the Batboat is destroyed. Good thing the Dynamic Duo always packs scuba masks onto it in case this happens.

~Grant Walker: “You’ll also find that your sunglasses can now see through any type of cold mists now. I made sure those were actually useful for your suit duplicate, Fries.”

~Yeah, I’d also total my kidnapper automaton with a super intense freeze ray if I was taken against my will.

~So, an unintended side-effect of being in a constant state of below freezing temperature is that Mr. Freeze has also now been turned into a walking cryogenic chamber, able to live much longer than the average person to the point where he could possibly live forever.

~While Fries abhors his longevity, Walker admires it, wanting to be just like him and adding fuel to the fire of many real-life conspiracy theorists about Walt Disney’s own final fate.

~Fries refuses to make another nigh-immortal on the grounds of Who Wants to Live Forever… but Grant Walker makes him a deal: he’ll revive Nora Fries in exchange for being a semi-Highlander. Fries accepts.

~Walker’s amusement park has people going to it in futuristic-esque suits and is guarded by robotic air drones… Are we sure this isn’t also the bottle city of Kandor in disguise?

~Oh Oceania is the name of not-Kandor and not the robot that kidnapped Fries. Was confused for a brief moment there.

~So Walker made Oceania and brought all these people inside of it… was because he thought the world was becoming more corrupted by the day, so he thought to freeze rest of the world, and he invited these select few individuals to be part of his new utopia. There are so many things wrong with idea, that it would take me an entire spreadsheet to detail why this would not work. However, I will say this for Walker’s plan: Ra’s Al Ghul would probably praise it and/or complain why he wasn’t invited to Oceania.

~Batman fighting off flying robotic droids in a futuristic city controlled by a crazy businessman. Are we sure this isn’t Batman Beyond again?

~Batman and Robin are captured and basically tell Walker’s talking screen some of the basics of why his plan is outright insane, but Walker essentially says, “I don’t care.”

~Man, I know it’s a freeze gun, but it’s pretty damn impressive that this series got away with having a villain shoot a gun directly at the home audience.

~Victor Fries in his cold suit: very impressive, distinctive, and intimidating. Grant Walker in the same cold suit: not as much.

~Batman tries to convince Fries to stop Walker by trying to convince him that this is not Nora would’ve wanted… and after some brief thoughts… he frees the Dynamic Duo from their frozen bonds and assists them in stopping Walker.

~Okay, at this point I’m almost sure that Batman Beyond’s creation wasn’t coincidental, and it was intentionally done now with those humanoid worker androids that Walker built.

~You know, I’d never thought of it until now, but Batman, Robin, and Mr. Freeze do make for an effective team.

~“You may live forever, Grant Walker, but your mad dream dies now.” Perfect delivery, Freeze.

~No kill like overkill, I suppose.

~At least Fries was nice enough to give an escape warning to the people of Oceania.

~So instead of escaping Oceania, Mr. Freeze elects to stay in order to keep Nora nearby him. Batman says no, but Fries ices most of Robin to prevent Batman from convincing him any further.

~Victor and his wife in a ruined city, surrounded by ice, sinking into the seas. Almost poetic in a way

~Oh yeah, Walker’s still an ice cube…why is he also sinking too?

~One hot cup of coffee/cocoa later, Bruce and Dick contemplate on what happened to Victor and Nora… and thus we have the setup for the events of Sub-Zero.

Batgirl Returns (TAofBaR intro: 10)

~It’s about time too, I mean she hasn’t been seen for over two dozen episodes or so.

~I’m not sure universities can have exhibits to ancient dynasties like museums can, but for the sake of the plot, I’ll roll with it.

~Well, looks like another interaction with Bats and Cats…. And The Penguin? Did I mistakenly play Batman Returns instead?

~Joker and Two-Face were invited to this shindig too? Man, talk about your crazy movie crossovers.

~Batgirl here to save the Dark Knight by essentially soloing the three rogues. Okay, last time we saw Barbara she kinda had a rough time capturing a guy who worked for one of the three she’s currently fighting, so either she got really, really better during that time span, or this is some sort of dream sequence fantasy.

~I’d never thought I’d say this to a romantic moment but I kinda have to considering who the couple is right now… DON’T. KISS.

~Oh thank everything that it was all a dream sequence. If that was actually real AND canon, I’d throw a conniption.

~Yeah, studying hard is good for the career you want, but you also have to know when to take a break or else you get overwhelmed by the pressure and workload.

~Huh… so the stolen cat statue was actually did happen and was not a part of Barbara’s dream.

~Catwoman… investigating the scene of the crime? So… she didn’t steal the cat statue?

~I… can never fully understand Selina’s motives at times. I mean in this case she’s willing to steal some cat-related artifacts, but this one statue she believes belongs out on display for all to see.

~At least Selina’s consistent in being a classy cat burglar.

~Robin here to interrupt a good chick fight. Darn.

~Even though I know they don’t end up together in Batman Beyond, it’s still nice to see the romantic tension between Dick and Barbara when they’re in costume in B:TAS.

~Later, after a workout in Gotham University, it appears Selina Kyle kinda knows Batgirl’s secret identity with that vague cat note.

~So Catwoman suggests teaming-up with Batgirl. Barbara agrees on the condition that if she’s not telling the truth, Catwoman goes straight to the police.

~Oh, so no actual Batman appearance in this episode because Bruce is doing business in Paris. I can live with that.

~Taking inspiration from Star Wars, Catwoman suggests getting info from the sleaziest bar in Gotham.

~Well, that’s definitely one way to deal with catcallers, pun unintended.

~Oh snap… the Chemist knows who our mastermind is and wants to get away ASAP or else he’ll suffer badly.

~Why do things almost escalate quickly in fictional bar action scenes? Aside from the alcohol, I mean.

~Best way to escape drunken bikers: hijack one of their rides!

~”Oh Daddy, if you could see your little girl now…” Jim would be a mix of proud or disappointed, Barbara. Let’s be honest.

~Eh, I’d give that stunt a 6 out of 10.

~”What the heck is she up to?” Are you talking about Catwoman or about Batgirl there, Robin?

~Brief continuity exposition time to the events of the Feat of Clay two-parter and Cat Scratch Fever!

~Oh hey Daggett. It’s been quite a while since we’ve seen you involved with crime.

~Huh… so Daggett essentially got some lessons from Scarface by making Catwoman a dummy in sense.

~Instead of going full Bond villain, Daggett decides to shoot first, then dump the two ladies’ bodies into acid rather then just slowly drop them in acid.

~Boy Wonder with a good save!

~It’s okay for people to bite others to escape, but not drop them in acid on television.

~Another good save from Dick. Dude must really want to score major brownie points with either Bruce or Batgirl.

~It’s okay for guns to go in acid, but not people.

~A little surprised that cat statue did not get scuffed at all throughout the entirety of the episode.

~Woah there Selina, that’s going way too far with actually almost putting Daggett in acid.

~So who made for the better team: Robin and Batgirl or Batgirl and Catwoman?

~How in the world did that cat statue not get a single scratch on it throughout this entire caper again?

~After an attempt to convince Batgirl to join her, she just says Catwoman was not telling the whole truth and now she must herself up. Catwoman acquiesces, but at least says Batgirl is innocent and acting under coercion while being arrested.

~Well, Catwoman did say she would give herself up to the police. She didn’t say a thing about going to jail afterwards.

~And we end with Batgirl allowing Catwoman to get away saying to Robin we’ll get her next time.
Old August 24th, 2017, 03:16 PM #99
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Make 'Em Laugh (TAofBaR intro: 8)

~I’m still somewhat amazed that the rich clientele gave up their valuables so easily just because of the threat of refined tomato paste and Gray Poupon.
I think it may have had a little more to do with "This guy's sketchy as hell, better not piss him off."

I love that Batman condemns Condiment King’s shtick as him being a newcomer to crime and willing to let him go so long as he gives back the goods and doesn’t do any more misdeeds.
I did think that was odd, but I guess after tangling with Lock-Up, he's not sure police custody is the best answer for rehabilitation.

You sometimes tend to forget that behind his many outlandish schemes, Joker can be incredibly petty at times.
But all of his outlandish schemes are ultimately pretty petty as well.

Deep Freeze (TAofBaR intro: 9)

~So, an unintended side-effect of being in a constant state of below freezing temperature is that Mr. Freeze has also now been turned into a walking cryogenic chamber, able to live much longer than the average person to the point where he could possibly live forever.
That's cool.

So Walker made Oceania and brought all these people inside of it… was because he thought the world was becoming more corrupted by the day, so he thought to freeze rest of the world, and he invited these select few individuals to be part of his new utopia. There are so many things wrong with idea, that it would take me an entire spreadsheet to detail why this would not work. However, I will say this for Walker’s plan: Ra’s Al Ghul would probably praise it and/or complain why he wasn’t invited to Oceania.
Sounds more plausible than Wayward Pines.

Man, I know it’s a freeze gun, but it’s pretty damn impressive that this series got away with having a villain shoot a gun directly at the home audience.
The ammo literally makes all the difference.

That's why writers love lasers.

At least Fries was nice enough to give an escape warning to the people of Oceania.
It's not their fault. I don't see why he wouldn't be nice enough.

Batgirl Returns (TAofBaR intro: 10)

~It’s about time too, I mean she hasn’t been seen for over two dozen episodes or so.
Indeed.

I’m not sure universities can have exhibits to ancient dynasties like museums can, but for the sake of the plot, I’ll roll with it.
Depends on the school.

Harvard can do whatever it wants.

Catwoman… investigating the scene of the crime? So… she didn’t steal the cat statue?
"Why do people always go there? Just because I'm a burglar and I love cats? ...Oh."

I… can never fully understand Selina’s motives at times. I mean in this case she’s willing to steal some cat-related artifacts, but this one statue she believes belongs out on display for all to see.
Woman, ability to change her mind, you know the drill.

Why do things almost escalate quickly in fictional bar action scenes? Aside from the alcohol, I mean.
I think you just answered your own question.

It’s okay for people to bite others to escape, but not drop them in acid on television.
Considering only one divorces the flesh from a person's bones, that makes complete sense.

It’s okay for guns to go in acid, but not people.
Because guns are things no one should ever hold, so that makes complete sense.

So who made for the better team: Robin and Batgirl or Batgirl and Catwoman?
Correct.

How in the world did that cat statue not get a single scratch on it throughout this entire caper again?
Scratch-resistant material. That's a thing.
Old August 24th, 2017, 03:21 PM #100
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

And that's the end of the original eps of "Batman: the Animated Series/Adventures of Batman and Robin". Always did like Deep Freeze. Interesting that Walker is the more cold-hearted than Freeze thinks he is. Will say, while I liked his appearance in Batman Beyond, kinda preferred they had "Sub-Zero" be Freeze's last appearance.