Old June 16th, 2019, 12:36 PM #5181
> Galaxy
Power Ranger

Galaxy
Power Ranger

I just started watching Dekaranger. Its decent so far, although I can already tell that Ban isn't going to be a Red that I look back on with fondness. I can tolerate him, he doesn't really effect my feelings on the show overall, but he isn't great. I'm not sure how I feel about the show not having a real overall plot, but I think with the police theme having a "case of the week" could work out decently. I like the general look and premise of the show, and the first few episodes have been decent, so hopefully the show will end up being one I enjoy.
Galaxy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 10:27 PM #5182
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

So! To Roku users, Shout! Factory TV has been update.... finally!! It looks alot better than before!!

As for the iPhone and Android, Shout! Factory TV is now available! I got it on my android. Finally.

Now you guys will be able to watch Super Sentai series.... and Ultraman Leo too!
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 05:48 AM #5183
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Saw this on twitter. A project for international fans who want to wish a happy birthday to Yousuke Kishi (Stinger)

https://twitter.com/yukiradaruma/sta...054967296?s=19
AdamPark62 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:08 AM #5184
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Ohranger villains and monsters could had a better design if Keita Amemiya had to design them.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 04:36 PM #5185
> Soviet_MMPR
Power Ranger

Soviet_MMPR
Power Ranger

I am looking into the history of Super Sentai being spread to Russia. An interesting aspect of the Russian experience with Super Sentai is that it is a third hand introduction, with the Japanese Super Sentai series from 1992 Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger that became the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers in the Anglophone world in 1993 getting dubbed into Russian for release 9 years later in 2002 on a weird channel called REN tv which also broadcast the Simpsons and South park at the time. This lag continued for subsequent seasons until a fan base developed for the series in Russia. Now there is a strong social media community in Russia that collects and disseminates old and current Japanese series as well as Anglophone series. Does anybody know about there being any official releases of any past Sentai Series in Russia?
Soviet_MMPR is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:32 PM #5186
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Kakuranger 27: Saizou and Seikai screaming like crazy for 15 minutes.
Superanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:42 AM #5187
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Started Re-watching Zyougher The Cube Power !

The Zyougher started really well and i liked much the concept of the Bloodgame and the DeathGaliens want to celebrated the destruction of the 100th planet, and consider the last BloodGames they dont had resistance for there attack to the planets which they make they terrain for there game.

DeathGaliens were cool, with Genis,Nalia,Azald and Cubal which for some reason Genis reminds me a lot of Frieza, and seems very twisted and evil, and all the others were there to please a fun game to him. Yhe Zyuland seems very nice and the quest they find the Guadian Cube which remains for they returns.

The Rangers are very nice o Yamato,Sela,Tusk,Amu and Leo, which created a interesthing dynamic between them, and the battles really nice with the Zyough King the all Mine craft Mechas are funny.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:06 AM #5188
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Superanger wrote: View Post

Kakuranger 27: Saizou and Seikai screaming like crazy for 15 minutes.
I like Saizou (Seikai...meh, least favorite Kaku though Sasuke is rather generic himself) but...yeah, why the heck did those two get stuck together in a lame combo episode during that arc while we get substantial and important episodes for Tsuruhime and Jiraiya? (and Sasuke...gets his cause...he's Red)
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 09:30 AM #5189
> RCerdeira
Power Ranger

RCerdeira
Power Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

I like Saizou (Seikai...meh, least favorite Kaku though Sasuke is rather generic himself) but...yeah, why the heck did those two get stuck together in a lame combo episode during that arc while we get substantial and important episodes for Tsuruhime and Jiraiya? (and Sasuke...gets his cause...he's Red)

Itīs hard to believe that this horrible episode was written by the great Hirohisa Soda...
RCerdeira is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:40 PM #5190
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

RCerdeira wrote: View Post

Itīs hard to believe that this horrible episode was written by the great Hirohisa Soda...
Wouldn't be the first time he completely screwed things.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:46 PM #5191
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Kakuranger 31: Sandayuu's death was Tsuruhime's fault for standing there while Rito's counterpart, Junior, stabbed him.

-Super Kakure Daishogun (Ninja Megazord in power Rangers) finisher feels less epic without the sound effects and music from Power Rangers. One thing Saban and his thing excelled was the music and the sound effects which made the show feel more super hero.

- Rito Revolto's battle footage in Ninja Quest 4 was lifted from this episode.
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:38 PM #5192
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

Kakuranger is a little weird with how it does its focus episode rotation. I feel like it falls off more or less completely as they approach endgame as well.

Some of that is Tsuruhime is very tied to the plot and the others follow her lead. Sasuke is conversely the best fighter, Jiraiya has the outsider thing and can do goofy or competent, but Saizou and Seikai are along for the ride.

Kappa episode still did them wrong though.
tremor3258 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 02:31 PM #5193
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

tremor3258 wrote: View Post

Kakuranger is a little weird with how it does its focus episode rotation. I feel like it falls off more or less completely as they approach endgame as well.

Some of that is Tsuruhime is very tied to the plot and the others follow her lead. Sasuke is conversely the best fighter, Jiraiya has the outsider thing and can do goofy or competent, but Saizou and Seikai are along for the ride.

Kappa episode still did them wrong though.
I think really outside Tsuruhime's focus (because her dad and retainers basically did get screwed up in all this) the end of the story doesn't need as much of the focus on the others. There are still fun one-shots (or dumb ones...really if you want to know why I can't stand Seikai, he can't even get good one-shots aside from his random "brawler in a ninja team" aesthetic), but everything we need is out there and it's just about resolving the loose plot threads, defeating Daimaou and locking the Seal Door...well not forever but at least for the time being.

Working my way through Zyu's endgame: the Dora Mirage episode is just such a classic and it's just suck a shocker that Bandora even has a son despite her hatred of children. I want to say more but want to finish Zyu again before my thoughts.
Old June 19th, 2019, 02:41 PM #5194
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

One thing is.... Kaku had a great ending... it was just at episode 44. Then if fell off kinda flat till the end. A little rerouting of stories and it could have ended far better than have a good climax, filler, then a resolve.
Lord Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:10 PM #5195
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I actually do like the intent of the last few Kaku episodes. The resolution of Tsuruhime's situation with her father, the dealing with the Youki Cloud and the resolution with Daimaou at least gave it a unique end, as did the whole "we'll be back!" final scene which I think is one of the most interesting "end scenes" in franchise history. (but hopefully I'll get more into that when I finally do the Kaku script rewrites for the Wikia)

Speaking of which, finally finished Zyuranger again. And if there's one thing that I think is one of the season's biggest flaws, it's that it needed more "focus" if it wanted to go with the "child of the week" format. The best "kid of the week seasons" tended to have one child or a group of children that allowed for the team to interact with and to allow for other random kids to get involved with things; whether it be the earlier groups like Denziman or Goggle-V, or seasons with one strong kid like BFJ, Gingaman or Goseiger. When you introduce the fact that your mentor is a super at an apartment complex when not a wizard protecting ancient shrines millions of years old, you'd think there would be one or two kids that would be consistent in the season...yet it feels like the Zyuranger are just stalkers and try to find any and all kids with problems and help them out. I get the intent considering they were rewinning child audiences after Jetman, but this isn't how you do it. (especially when you have a stupid endgame plot where the team is literally fighting Satan...yet they keep running to watch over a random hospitalized boy who keeps crying about "baby dinosaurs" and is ready to die just because King Brachion is supposedly gone) For everything the show did right with strong fairytale logic, a strong villainess in Bandora, great mecha fights and Burai (both in being the first long-term 6th and his whole element of "accepting mortality and death") this...really is the problem that hinders it the most.

While I want to keep going in fixing the Wikia episode guides, I am going to put this aside for the moment to finally do my long-awaited watch of Ninja Storm...

Besides, the next season up is Dairanger and I don't feel like going insane yet. (even if I still want to rewatch it in honor of the passing of Daigo's actor a while back...but then again the Ninja Storm watch is more for Shane's so...)
Old June 19th, 2019, 09:04 PM #5196
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Taichi wrote: View Post

One thing is.... Kaku had a great ending... it was just at episode 44. Then if fell off kinda flat till the end. A little rerouting of stories and it could have ended far better than have a good climax, filler, then a resolve.
It's a weird sentai in the terms than in the middle of the EndGame they decided to shove 5 filler episodes. Similar to what Lupin vs Pat did.
Old June 20th, 2019, 12:42 AM #5197
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

The Days when Sentai make the movies between Super Sentai and Kamen Rider and them they started to the Kamen Riders be part of the episodes instead of make the Super Sentais had Kamen Riders had a movie together, since in Zyougher was the first Time we get the Team-up between Zyougher and Ghost and the others Sentais did the same, was a good way for Toei/Bandau found a way to save budget.
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 05:01 AM #5198
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

While I get Zyuranger's fairy tale logic, it does sort of fall apart at the end when it comes to those stupid dinosaur eggs. When the team finally gives them to King Brachion, they say there are 30 days to go before they hatch. However the endgame states there are "25 days until they hatch", meaning...every single episode that happened from King Brachion taking the eggs to that moment (including several fillers, Burai's passing and the situation with Dragon Caesar accepting the team...) occurred within 5 days? (unless some of the fillers happened prior.

It doesn't matter anyway cause the dinosaur eggs hatch immediately after Bandora's dealt with anyway.
Old June 20th, 2019, 06:16 AM #5199
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

It doesn't matter anyway cause the dinosaur eggs hatch immediately after Bandora's dealt with anyway.
Well, in a lot of mythologies, time can pass differently in other dimensions, fairy realms - Bandora simply hadn't realized she accelerated the eggs' hatching in the unlikely event the Zyurangers rescued the Guardian Beasts before Dai-Satan finished destroying the Earth.

Also coincidentally, in a lot of television productions time starts to pass strangely as the hard stop of the finale arrives and the narrative being tied up wins over cohesion.

Pick which answer you like.
tremor3258 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 07:08 AM #5200
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Time is just so screwy in the Zyu endgame though and really it should have been the reverse: 25 days should have passed after King Brachion took the eggs in as opposed to "there are 25 days left...oops, never mind, the eggs are hatching now Dai-Satan's dead".

Then again the baby dinosaurs are really one of the weakest plot elements in Zyu anyway. I get their purpose (a means of keeping a religion relevant), but how it's done and the factor that we've had kids before Satoshi who also wanted to see the baby dinosaurs hatch yet they miss out while this one random sick kid gets it...it does add to the stupidity of the stuff that didn't work in Zyu. For everything innovative and cool this season does such as with the mecha and Burai, we have to deal with the stupidity of the bad kid plots (and I'm not saying all the kid plots in Zyu suck...just many of them) and dinosaur eggs. (it makes me happy we only get one dumb episode about the eggs in MMPR and nothing else)

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, liveman why have you?, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai