Home Menu

Menu

Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:21 AM #401
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Hopefully the promotion pays off. I feel like a big portion of the fanbase will never even check this thread, versus the Shout ones.

We could have Dino Charge Blu-Rays if enough international fans bought Megaforce. But nobody did.

Honestly? These threads need a better name. What's a region? I'm not in Germany!

thunderzordpower wrote: View Post

Had an email this morning saying the sets will be ready between 2nd and 3rd of May. I think as it's so close now, that really will be it. Can't wait.
Is this with Amazon.de?

My order hasn't changed from 'delivery date pending'.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; April 23rd, 2019 at 07:27 AM.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2019, 09:15 AM #402
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

Honestly? These threads need a better name. What's a region? I'm not in Germany!
And you never will be with that kind of attitude.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 04:14 AM #403
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

Just read on a German board that Amazon already has the discs from Just Bridge / FM Kids, so it shouldn't take too long for them to start fullfiling pre-orders.

As I didn't pull the triger myself yet, looking forward to read what you guys have to say about the set!
powerfanatic is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 04:35 PM #404
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

I was just charged for my Amazon.de order.

Haven't been this excited for a PR release since 2013.
Old April 26th, 2019, 01:29 PM #405
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

A few photos showed up on "Power Rangers Deutschland" Facebook group:

I really dislike the fact that they keep using the word "uncompressed" picture, which is far from reality...
Interested to hear about the Menus / Picture Quality though...
Old April 26th, 2019, 01:34 PM #406
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

Yeah, "uncompressed" is a completely false statement really... but it's a non-issue. Looks like a really great set, though.
IAreSam is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 01:56 PM #407
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

A few photos of the episode guide. It has the episode titles in both German and English!

Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 28th, 2019, 06:36 AM #408
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

Just seen the specs of these. For anyone who's actually bothered, it seems they're 576i25 rather than 480i30. I don't know if that means the English audio will be sped up or if they used a different method.
Old April 28th, 2019, 07:57 AM #409
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

IAreSam wrote: View Post

I don't know if that means the English audio will be sped up or if they used a different method.
Here we go again!
Old April 28th, 2019, 08:24 AM #410
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

Just out of interest, why would resolution have anything to do with the audio being sped up? From what I gather, 576 is Pal but surely the Audio is in Pal and and therefore no different than what we already had on the German dvds/broadcast?
thunderzordpower is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 08:42 AM #411
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

The resolution doesn't, really - it's just conforming to a particular standard.

Nowadays when they air 23.976fps or 29.970fps content in 25fps regions they have to speed up the audio 4% to match the framerate conversion (so it doesn't go out of sync). Sometimes they will correct the pitch so it isn't as noticeable. Thankfully Blu-ray allows for shows to remain in their 'native' framerate.

The audio thing is a minor issue as most people don't even notice it. Unfortunately I'm really sensitive to it, I notice it often on UK broadcasts of US TV shows - the theme tunes sound a lot faster than they should. Arguably that's because I've heard how it is supposed to sound, so the difference is more obvious.

I can't remember if early PR had a different way of doing things - perhaps dropping frames rather than blending them, so that the audio stayed the same length. If anyone can clarify that, it'd be greatly appreciated. If that's the case then there isn't an issue at all with the audio speed on these sets. I guess the German audio tracks will have been recorded to match the 25fps version anyway.

As I said, it's not a big issue for the majority of people. I guess the masters used for these sets were converted to PAL many years ago when the German dub was produced. Just came across the information online and thought I'd share it.

EDIT: Yes, the audio will be the same as on the existing German DVD sets.
Old April 28th, 2019, 05:01 PM #412
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I wonder if Green With Evil Part 1 comes with english video and german video like the previous one. Cause both vids are different.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2019, 12:53 AM #413
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

I think MarioRanger said that was the reason for the delay - those 3 missing episodes. The company probably licensed those 3 episodes from the SCG masters just so they could sync the audio to their German video.
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:14 AM #414
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

Nowadays when they air 23.976fps or 29.970fps content in 25fps regions they have to speed up the audio 4% to match the framerate conversion (so it doesn't go out of sync). Sometimes they will correct the pitch so it isn't as noticeable. Thankfully Blu-ray allows for shows to remain in their 'native' framerate.
(...)
I can't remember if early PR had a different way of doing things - perhaps dropping frames rather than blending them, so that the audio stayed the same length. If anyone can clarify that, it'd be greatly appreciated. If that's the case then there isn't an issue at all with the audio speed on these sets.
Content shot at 29.97 or 59.94 is usually converted to 25 or 50 by frame blending/dropping, none of which cause the audio pitch to change, since the content duration is the same.
It's speeding up the content from 23.976 to 25 that causes the audio pitch to increase.
In the case of PR, if I'm not wrong, they started doing the "speedup" with ZEO, so MMPR should have the correct pitch throughout.

I think MarioRanger said that was the reason for the delay - those 3 missing episodes. The company probably licensed those 3 episodes from the SCG masters just so they could sync the audio to their German video.
Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

I wonder if Green With Evil Part 1 comes with english video and german video like the previous one. Cause both vids are different.
That's what I remember reading from MarioRanger as well. Let's hope they managed to properly sync audio this time around, I still remember those out-of-sync Turbo episodes from them!
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:22 AM #415
> Reprise
Power Ranger

Reprise
Power Ranger

I got my copy today... Excuse my ignorance, but what do people mean by english and german video for Green With Evil part 1? Or 3 missing episodes? I can check if I know what you mean.
Reprise is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:28 AM #416
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

The original German DVDs of Season 1 had three episodes without English audio.
They issued replacement discs afterwards where those 3 episodes had two different versions. The regular and complete German versions and the English versions, which were "Disney cuts" with scenes/dialogue missing.

The episodes were:
- Green With Evil (1): Out of Control
- The Spit Flower
- Island of Illusion (1)
You could tell because these also had the Episode Title in English as opposed to German.
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:30 AM #417
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

(Wrote this before @powerfanatic replied)
Basically their English masters for "Green with Evil Part 1", "The Spit Flower" and "Island of Illusion Part 1" were damaged/missing for the original DVD release. A 2nd press of the season 1 set included Disney's versions of these episodes, separate from the German versions (so you couldn't switch audio between them) - this is because Disney would only give them their 'edited' masters, which wouldn't sync correctly with the German 'uncut' video.

The delay on this set was apparently due to fixing this issue. I suspect the SCG masters sync correctly with the German video, so you should be able to switch audio track mid-episode on any of them.

Thanks @powerfanatic for the info on the conversion.
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:33 AM #418
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

And thank you @IAreSam for explaining the issue with those 3 episodes better than I did

Btw, also remembered that "Teamwork" could have a line or two missing. This is apparently how the German/International master always was.

"Teamwork": Approx. 3: 31 into the episode, in the original US broadcasts, Trini says, "Thanks for signing the petitions, you guys." Kim then saying, "Yeah, thanks!" In the German DVD version, this shot is cut along with the lines, but it is present on the Netflix master.
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:40 AM #419
> IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay
IAreSam
VIP Rider

eBay

Aye, I think the German versions are only as 'uncut' as the copies Germany received originally - so they probably will suffer from any international/domestic master differences, including missing the "Today on PR" segments. I think @AFPR-DragonRanger has compiled lists of this stuff in the past but I can't find them right now - this page on RangerWiki has some info though: https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki...tional_Masters
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:44 AM #420
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

The "Today on PR" are definitely not part of this set, since they didn't air in Germany.

I would assume that all other bits of audio missing from the International masters would also be missing here. I don't think for one second that JustBridge went after those segments from the US Domestic broadcast tapes... Sure would love to be proven wrong, though