That's why I bought Poison.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2018, 11:53 AM #762
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

Taichi wrote: View Post

God, been awhile since I bought any Legends. Nothing has really grabbed my attention, but the 10 years Iron Man did... picked him up as Target was having a sale. And found Poison... didnít know Peter ended up this way, but the figure looks cool, so why not?

http://i.imgur.com/wJLlrO0.jpg
That Ironman looks more an more appealing every time I see him. My work got in a case of the Cull Obsidian wave and I had to pick up the Thor since one of my favorite scenes of IW was when Thor appeared in Wakanda w/ Rabbit and Tree. Kinda funny how a few years ago Thor was on the lowest tier of superheros to me now hes one of my favorites, man ragnaroks changes to him made him so much more interesting
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2018, 12:41 PM #763
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

I want that Thor super bad. This was probably one of the most amazing versions of him and I completely agree that it upped his standing.
Lord Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2018, 05:49 PM #764
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

That Ironman looks more an more appealing every time I see him. My work got in a case of the Cull Obsidian wave and I had to pick up the Thor since one of my favorite scenes of IW was when Thor appeared in Wakanda w/ Rabbit and Tree. Kinda funny how a few years ago Thor was on the lowest tier of superheros to me now hes one of my favorites, man ragnaroks changes to him made him so much more interesting
i didnt realize stores were still recieving the cull obsidian wave. i feel like the wave skipped over my area. there are no peg warmers other than the occasional malekith at a gamestop here or there.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2018, 06:29 PM #765
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

God, been awhile since I bought any Legends. Nothing has really grabbed my attention, but the 10 years Iron Man did... picked him up as Target was having a sale. And found Poison... didnít know Peter ended up this way, but the figure looks cool, so why not?

http://i.imgur.com/wJLlrO0.jpg
Looks like you found an iron man with good paint applied around the eyes(as far as I can tell)
Gold Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2018, 09:28 PM #766
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Heís decent! I had to search through 8 figures to find one that good. There was one better... but the mask had a scuff.
Old August 25th, 2018, 10:14 PM #767
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

TheDub wrote: View Post

i didnt realize stores were still recieving the cull obsidian wave. i feel like the wave skipped over my area. there are no peg warmers other than the occasional malekith at a gamestop here or there.
Its a bit strange where I am because the Walmart up the way from where I live got in 2 cases of this wave like a few weeks ago an the one I work at hadnt even gotten it at all except for last Thurs. Distribution is always kinda odd when it comes to ML sometimes like I how I never saw the Space Venom BAF yet other places had gotten it so many times.
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2018, 06:58 AM #768
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

The Cull wave did appear in my area, but Thor was completely absent... so obviously he was picked off early. Since I don't really stay up to date with the releases, I wasn't watching for it. Most of the time it's a luck of the draw thing for me. This was not the case.

I did pick this up yesterday. And I have mixed reviews.

First off, Thanos is absolutely amazing from this set. Pretty much the whole reason to get this. However, for the price, I'm not so sure. Iron Man is a novelty, but completely worthless. It's just a husk with a light up feature, feels very cheap and probably is. Strange is actually really nice, but the magic hand isn't removable. Which, kinda defeats the purpose of the Legends series... AND defeats the purpose of having a definitive "The First 10 Years" collection.

This really should have been the best of the best, but you get one amazing figure, one really good figure and one shit figure.
Old August 27th, 2018, 11:53 AM #769
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

The Cull wave did appear in my area, but Thor was completely absent... so obviously he was picked off early. Since I don't really stay up to date with the releases, I wasn't watching for it. Most of the time it's a luck of the draw thing for me. This was not the case.

I did pick this up yesterday. And I have mixed reviews.

https://i.imgur.com/Ctfvkv5.jpg

First off, Thanos is absolutely amazing from this set. Pretty much the whole reason to get this. However, for the price, I'm not so sure. Iron Man is a novelty, but completely worthless. It's just a husk with a light up feature, feels very cheap and probably is. Strange is actually really nice, but the magic hand isn't removable. Which, kinda defeats the purpose of the Legends series... AND defeats the purpose of having a definitive "The First 10 Years" collection.

This really should have been the best of the best, but you get one amazing figure, one really good figure and one shit figure.
If you have the old movie Dr Strange, drill a matching peg hole in his back where the new one is, take the cape and head and then boom.

I like the Thanos as well. A vast improvement over the BAF, and overall, ill take it even over the Figuarts version.
GOUKI is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 27th, 2018, 12:08 PM #770
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

GOUKI wrote: View Post

If you have the old movie Dr Strange, drill a matching peg hole in his back where the new one is, take the cape and head and then boom.

I like the Thanos as well. A vast improvement over the BAF, and overall, ill take it even over the Figuarts version.
That's.... actually not a bad idea.
Old August 27th, 2018, 12:15 PM #771
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

i was sort of underwhelmed by this set...

Thanos is good (if you didn't get the baf version) but Strange (despite the new parts) seems to be a downgrade (in terms of deco) from the previous version...Iron Man is okay, but I'd rather have had different swappable weapon limbs instead of the light up gimmick

about half the 10th anniversary sets have been slightly disappointing, mostly because they are practically reissues of older figures (Cap, Ant-Man, Hulkbuster, etc)...

I'd love to have had all new characters/figures but I totally get the idea they are trying to represent all their franchises (and possibly trying to entice future collectors to opt in and missed out on previous releases)

Last edited by bearytrek; August 27th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.
bearytrek is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2018, 12:41 PM #772
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

I'll admit the Captain America and Crossbones set looks good... only from the fact that you get a really good Steve Rogers face. The print and sculpt are spot on.

The Hulk and Hulkbuster set look pretty good too... but the Hulk is one of my least favorites and I really have nothing on the Hulkbuster... so the set is kinda useless to me. I might wait to see what else is going to be released. But I know one thing...

I WANT THAT TONY STARK AND MARK 1 SET!!!!!!
Old August 27th, 2018, 01:14 PM #773
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Cant believe Ive actually been finding the new Xmen wave in stores. Gamestop around me has had that and the new Spidey wave.

The lame thing about the MK1 set is that its just a repaint of the figure from 2007. which wasnt a great figure.
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2018, 01:38 PM #774
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

Cant believe Ive actually been finding the new Xmen wave in stores. Gamestop around me has had that and the new Spidey wave.

The lame thing about the MK1 set is that its just a repaint of the figure from 2007. which wasnt a great figure.
And it comes with a repaint of a figure (the suit body) that's been in use for about 5 years, but this time with a new head.

The Mk I figure wasn't even good for its time. It was under-scaled and had a spring-loaded gimmick in the arm that looked terrible. I'm not sure why/how Hasbro thinks using it again 10 years later is acceptable, especially in a higher-priced collector line.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2018, 01:42 PM #775
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

And it comes with a repaint of a figure (the suit body) that's been in use for about 5 years, but this time with a new head.

The Mk I figure wasn't even good for its time. It was under-scaled and had a spring-loaded gimmick in the arm that looked terrible. I'm not sure why/how Hasbro thinks using it again 10 years later is acceptable, especially in a higher-priced collector line.
See, this is why I have you guys around... I didn't know this. I'm not an avid Legends collector, so when I seen a "definitive" style type sets, then I'm more to grab those. However, if they suck, then no use in getting them.

@ Kylash: I've seen like 14 Wolverine's around town... I figured he'd be difficult to find... but nope.

Shelf is kinda bare... but it'll look like my DB Super shelf soon!

Last edited by Lord Taichi; August 27th, 2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old August 27th, 2018, 01:58 PM #776
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

Where is the Tony & Mk1 set supposed to be released at? Just normal store release or store exclusive like Amazons IM3 Set?
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2018, 03:34 PM #777
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Lord Zedd wrote: View Post

Where is the Tony & Mk1 set supposed to be released at? Just normal store release or store exclusive like Amazons IM3 Set?
I seem to remember it being announced as a Walmart exclusive at one point, but I'm not currently seeing any definitive evidence to back that up. They seem to be the only major retailer with a listing for it on their site, though
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:30 AM #778
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

I seem to remember it being announced as a Walmart exclusive at one point, but I'm not currently seeing any definitive evidence to back that up. They seem to be the only major retailer with a listing for it on their site, though
it is supposed to be Walmart but I haven't even been able to find a listing on their site!
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:37 AM #779
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

it is supposed to be Walmart but I haven't even been able to find a listing on their site!
It's there, but currently not available for purchase:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-St...rk-I/668817038
Old August 28th, 2018, 12:51 PM #780
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

It's there, but currently not available for purchase:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-St...rk-I/668817038
thanks

like all walmart exclusives it's wonky hit-and-miss when you search for it through the usual parameters