Home Menu

Menu

Old March 8th, 2018, 08:36 AM #721
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

Its funny the walmart I work at just put out the whole wave this morning and when I went by on lunch they were all go cept for the dupes and Taskmaster (cuz I placed him somewhere else so I can buy him 2morrow on payday).

OT: seeing him in person he does look good just disappointed that he didnt have extra hand of the back "arms"
The current rumor is that the MCU 10th Anniversary pack that is designated for Infinity War has Iron Spider with the arms.

I'm personally hoping the Figuarts version is coming with the arms.
RedRanger87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 10:10 PM #722
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

Well Tasky was still in his hiding place so I bought him. I do like the comic version (more now then before) but the Udon/Ultimate Spiderman one is still my fave. Tho I like the classic one more using the head that came w/ the other Taskmaster, idk I cant get myself to like the way they made the skull look ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

The current rumor is that the MCU 10th Anniversary pack that is designated for Infinity War has Iron Spider with the arms.

I'm personally hoping the Figuarts version is coming with the arms.
That would be cool if they did cuz it would make him look more Iron Spider then Homecoming w/ diff design an added colors
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 02:02 PM #723
> JP
The Genius

32 eBay
JP
The Genius

32 eBay

Each time I watch Ragnarok, I feel like it was such a wasted opportunity for a Legends Korg and Miek two pack
JP is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 04:19 PM #724
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show up as part of the "10 years" series.
Lord Zedd is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 04:34 PM #725
> JP
The Genius

32 eBay
JP
The Genius

32 eBay

Lord Zedd wrote: View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show up as part of the "10 years" series.
True, but if the point of the 10 years series was to finally give us characters that should have been released over the past 10 years; I probably wouldn’t continue to compound the problem by not releasing figures when their current lines are relevant.

I don’t want to have to wait for a 20 years series just to recreate “piss off, ghost”
JP is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2018, 11:15 PM #726
> hwahnito
Power Ranger

hwahnito
Power Ranger

After refreshing the Amazon page for what seemed an hour Amazon put up Mysterio. Super happy to get him out of the way.
hwahnito is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:37 AM #727
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

JP wrote: View Post

True, but if the point of the 10 years series was to finally give us characters that should have been released over the past 10 years; I probably wouldn’t continue to compound the problem by not releasing figures when their current lines are relevant.

I don’t want to have to wait for a 20 years series just to recreate “piss off, ghost”
To be honest i think while it would make sense to use the anniversary line to play catch up line with past movies, they are clearly using it to release stuff they probably just didnt have room for when the wave was put out. As long as we get new figs im ok with whatever line they put them in. We are getting a new thingbfigure so they might tweak it for korg. The 3.75 line did that anyway. Not sure about miek. They would probably cheap out on articulation since he has a pretty unique sculpt.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 10:05 PM #728
> GOUKI
Power Ranger

GOUKI
Power Ranger

Really enjoying the Wal-Mart exclusive Thanos. Kicks the original BAF's ass.
Did a few mods on the recent MCU BAF Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet, as well as the Wal-Mart exclusive Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet.

Added "real" gems in place of the painted ones. Makes it soo much better looking.

GOUKI is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2018, 03:51 PM #729
> hwahnito
Power Ranger

hwahnito
Power Ranger

My Mysterio and Spider-man Noir came in the mail yesterday. After fiddling with Mysterio a bit I started wishing there was some way to peg the cape to the figures body since the cape wobbles around a bit.
Old March 21st, 2018, 05:19 PM #730
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

There is a peg on the cape and a hole in the back. The peg is super gummy though.
TheDub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2018, 05:29 PM #731
> hwahnito
Power Ranger

hwahnito
Power Ranger

Oh wow! Yeah you're right on both counts. I didn't see it because its bent all the way up. Porting it in doesn't help much because of how gummy it is. Thanks for the info though.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:28 AM #732
> cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

Just got Mr. Fantastic yesterday. Man, this stealth Walgreen's F4 wave has been amazing. Just a shame there's no build-a-figure to go with it. Can't wait to get my hands on the Thing and Silver Surfer. The long delay between releases is driving me up a wall.
cyberv is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:32 AM #733
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

cyberv wrote: View Post

Just got Mr. Fantastic yesterday. Man, this stealth Walgreen's F4 wave has been amazing. Just a shame there's no build-a-figure to go with it. Can't wait to get my hands on the Thing and Silver Surfer. The long delay between releases is driving me up a wall.
Yeah same. It feels weird having 3 members and a HERBIE, especially since the latter is currently replacing the wrong one.

I really do hope we get a Dr. Doom and Mole Man out of this though.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:17 PM #734
> cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

I'm hoping for more of the Inhuman Royal Family, especially Crystal, who's CRIMINALLY ignored by ML. How the heck can they constantly ignore a character that covers the Inhumans, Fantastic Four, AND Avengers? That's THREE groupings she helps fill out.
cyberv is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 07:37 AM #735
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I don't really keep up with Marvel toys, so I was extremely surprised to find that at my local toy store, they were selling a 1:1 Infinity Gauntlet from the upcoming Infinity War. As it's under the Marvel Legends line, I decided to post it here.

Looking over the box and reading the description, it certainly looked impressive and I was tempted to buy it. At 8000 Philippine Pesos (equal to 152 US dollars) though, that was a massive turn-off, so I let it be.

But later when I returned to the con I was attending the same day, I found a guy who was wearing it to be in the cosplay spirit, and I got to try it on and give it a test drive.

I was very impressed. That gauntlet is indeed huge at nearly 20 inches. It's extremely well detailed, with all the stones shining bright, with some really good (if slightly grating after a while) and clear sound effects. It's very articulate, with the idea of your hand holding a handle while there are 5 rings that operate the flexing of the fingers of the gauntlet. It would require some good arm strength though, as the weight and size combined with the awkward way of using it can get tiresome.

I'm really torn on wanting to own one for myself. Watching the Shartimus Prime review of the gauntlet, it also doubles as a great display piece with the gauntlet able to lock on whichever fingers you want to pose (Even the middle!). It practically screams "Wear it for the movie premiere and every movie showing!", but that steep, steep price. I dunno if that's a sacrifice worth making for a toy linked to one of the most highly anticipated movies and movie events in history and also happens to be very well made. Well I suppose I have about a month to think that over.

Last edited by Xalfrea; March 24th, 2018 at 07:52 AM.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2018, 10:42 PM #736
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

Have finally seen the Lizard BAF wave in store (took long enough) picked up Gwenpool and hope to pick up Noir if hes still around when i get paid again
Old May 7th, 2018, 08:01 PM #737
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

Have finally seen the Lizard BAF wave in store (took long enough) picked up Gwenpool and hope to pick up Noir if hes still around when i get paid again
I preordered the MafEx Gwenpool (that thing looks like it stepped right off the page), so I'm happy to skip the ML one. The ML one used the wrong body, anyway. Gwenpool's like 16. She shouldn't be built on the adult female body. And they gave her bright red lipstick when she's usually drawn without lips. It looks more like "sexy lady cosplaying as Gwenpool" than it does the character. And that's ignoring the usual ML issues, like details that require dimension being represented with just paint.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:23 PM #738
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

I preordered the MafEx Gwenpool (that thing looks like it stepped right off the page), so I'm happy to skip the ML one. The ML one used the wrong body, anyway. Gwenpool's like 16. She shouldn't be built on the adult female body. And they gave her bright red lipstick when she's usually drawn without lips. It looks more like "sexy lady cosplaying as Gwenpool" than it does the character. And that's ignoring the usual ML issues, like details that require dimension being represented with just paint.
Well I plan on getting that Mafex one as well, also if you didnt know the ML one is based off of how she looked when she 1st appeared in the Howard the Duck comic . There she did look like a woman an not a 16 year old. I got this one aswell so I can have the 2 looks of her tho I much prefer the mafex because she looks like a teen and she looks anime like
Old May 8th, 2018, 01:18 PM #739
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

(Still waiting for 90s Beast and Gambit)
Kylash327 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2018, 09:25 PM #740
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

I had an odd request an was wondering if someone could help. If someone who has both Spiderman Noir and the Homecoming Vulture could you do a head swap (place vultures head on the noir body) cuz I was curious on how that would look