Home Menu

Menu

Old April 1st, 2012, 04:58 AM #41
> AFOS
Power Ranger

AFOS
Power Ranger

Mr. Underachiever wrote: View Post

At least it's not The Room for the fourth year in a row.
They actually played the opening of The Room before they pulled back and revealed TOM watching the movie on his viewscreen. He even paraphrased some of The Room's more infamous lines.
AFOS is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 05:57 AM #42
> Mysticstorm
Power Ranger

Mysticstorm
Power Ranger

ah i missed it. I really hope CN realizes that toonami is a block they should really bring back.
Mysticstorm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:12 AM #43
> Lt. Cmdr. Radner
THE POWER IS BACK BABY!!!

eBay
Lt. Cmdr. Radner
THE POWER IS BACK BABY!!!

eBay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcEf0...feature=relmfu

for those of us who missed the opening, now if you will excuse me I must go into a corner and cry...
Lt. Cmdr. Radner is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:25 AM #44
> RisingSunRanger
Banned

RisingSunRanger
Banned

CNUK havn't done anything Aprilfoolsy today. Unless airing a Batman movie from 15 years ago counts somehow.
RisingSunRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 07:53 AM #45
> Mustang
I'll Live Or Die Trying

Mustang
I'll Live Or Die Trying

I'm not seeing anything other than young justice...
Mustang is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:51 AM #46
> nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

nintenfan3424

It was only for adult swim. Hopefully they'll rerun it tonight.
nintenfan3424 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:08 AM #47
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

i find it funny that when they first announce that the old cartoon cartoon Friday's shows were coming back everybody on here freaked out and said they wanted toonami back instead. and a week later their prays were answered.
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM #48
> Sentai Master
Ippitsu Soujou!

Sentai Master
Ippitsu Soujou!

I sincerely hope this replaces "The Room" as adult swim's annual April Fool's joke. I know it's too much to ask that Toonami come back full time, and honestly I'm OK at this point if it never does, but getting to revisit it once a year? That would be just about perfect.
Sentai Master is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM #49
> The Dark Heart
Mmm-hmmmmm!

The Dark Heart
Mmm-hmmmmm!

For those who missed all of last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M41Dd...&lf=plpp_video
The Dark Heart is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM #50
> ilikenwf
Fox Kids Nostalgist

ilikenwf
Fox Kids Nostalgist

Pretty sure the Tom voice actor is the EA Sports "Get in the Game" guy, amongst many other commercials. He did some MW3 commercials if I remember right too - he has that "badass" voice type.
ilikenwf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM #51
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Oh yeah, people care about Toonami NOW. But where you all when it was getting shit ratings which caused it to be cancelled in the first place?

One of the last, best shows Toonami got was "Naruto" but no one was watching it there--they'd just go online and download a fansub or a new chapter of the manga every week. Why wait 24 hours for another episode when you could go download 24 episodes ahead in the story?

Don't get me wrong, it was fun to see Toonami back on the air. It was a big part of my high school/college life (I met a lot of my best friends talking over new episodes of Dragonball Z and G Gundam). I just don't think it could survive in today's world of instant-streaming (hell, Toonami even tried that with Jetstream, and that didn't last long).

Pretty sure the Tom voice actor is the EA Sports "Get in the Game" guy, amongst many other commercials. He did some MW3 commercials if I remember right too - he has that "badass" voice type.
Yeah, Steve Blum does A LOT of voices. I like him, but me and my friends have a fun time listening for his voice in the games we play. When I played Batman: Arkham Asylum, I heard his voice coming from three different guards...each standing ten feet from each other.
Jhiaxus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:55 AM #52
> ilikenwf
Fox Kids Nostalgist

ilikenwf
Fox Kids Nostalgist

They should turn toonami into an actual show...and ditch the whole "tom presenting shows we can find online" thing...
ilikenwf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:58 AM #53
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Jhiaxus wrote: View Post

Oh yeah, people care about Toonami NOW. But where you all when it was getting shit ratings which caused it to be cancelled in the first place?

One of the last, best shows Toonami got was "Naruto" but no one was watching it there--they'd just go online and download a fansub or a new chapter of the manga every week. Why wait 24 hours for another episode when you could go download 24 episodes ahead in the story?

Don't get me wrong, it was fun to see Toonami back on the air. It was a big part of my high school/college life (I met a lot of my best friends talking over new episodes of Dragonball Z and G Gundam). I just don't think it could survive in today's world of instant-streaming (hell, Toonami even tried that with Jetstream, and that didn't last long).

Yeah, Steve Blum does A LOT of voices. I like him, but me and my friends have a fun time listening for his voice in the games we play. When I played Batman: Arkham Asylum, I heard his voice coming from three different guards...each standing ten feet from each other.
Naruto was doing fine everything else didn't
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:01 AM #54
> Khandri
Tyranno Princess

eBay
Khandri
Tyranno Princess

eBay

I'm so used to Adult Swim doing some really douchey stuff for April Fool's in years past that last night was a pleasant surprise. Just Gundam Wing alone (which I've already been re-watching on DVD lately without this) was enough to warm my giddy little anime nerd heart.

Whoever came up with this idea deserves a giant platter full of cookies and a massive raise, if you ask me.
Khandri is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM #55
> nintenfan3424

nintenfan3424

Well maybe they could show it again next week. Here's why I think at the end of the thing they had another on the next ep of Bleach on Toonami on Adult Swim before it was cut off to go to the later bumper. So maybe for this month they're bringing a test run and see what happens. Also I hope they use some different shows for the next one like Bobobo-bobobobo
nintenfan3424 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM #56
> Kyle16
Figuring it out

Kyle16
Figuring it out

I wouldnt be surprised if it did come back on a regular basis. This year is Cartoon Networks 20th anniversary, and they already brought back Cartoon Planet. I think we're going to see a lot of stuff re appear even if its only for this year.
Kyle16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:23 AM #57
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Sentai Master wrote: View Post

I sincerely hope this replaces "The Room" as adult swim's annual April Fool's joke. I know it's too much to ask that Toonami come back full time, and honestly I'm OK at this point if it never does, but getting to revisit it once a year? That would be just about perfect.
No, because the whole point of April Fools is that it's supposed to be something you don't see coming. If everyone just watches and expects to see Toonami every year, then it's not April Fools anymore. It's just the annual Toonami night. And everyone knows AS would never go for that.

Jhiaxus wrote: View Post

Um.. growing up, getting involved with after school and weekend activities, etc. Face it, after a while, ratings drop. It happens with EVERYTHING. Hell, your same argument could made for Power Rangers. "Where were all of YOU when the ratings were dropping in the Disney years?" We were still watching, it's just that the rest of the country wasn't.

Now a days, it's like MMPR is to a lot of people in their mid-20s: a big nostalgia trip. We watch it for a while when it's on, we'd probably even follow it for a few weeks if it became a weekly thing again. But eventually, most people would just move on. Because that's what happens.

Or... you could just continue to talk down to everyone else from your pedestal.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:39 AM #58
> Thunder
Power Ranger

Thunder
Power Ranger

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

Um.. growing up, getting involved with after school and weekend activities, etc. Face it, after a while, ratings drop. It happens with EVERYTHING.
Bravo, MoonsKnight.

I know I quit watching Toonami when they decided it was only going to be a Saturday night thing because I go to the local race track here on Saturday nights. I think the ratings also dropped due to the fact they got rid of the iconic Tom, along with Sara and his ship Absolution.
Thunder is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM #59
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

As far as I'm concerned, Adult Swim pulled the ultimate April Fools prank. They not only fooled a bunch of nostalgic 90s kids that there was a possibility of Toonami returning, but they've gotten a rise out of said group because either they won't admit to themselves it wasn't just an April Fools prank, or they really truly want to push actually bringing Toonami back, even though there's honestly pretty much no chance of that ever really happening.

Kudos to you, Adult Swim. You have pulled off an April Fools Day that has truly gone above and beyond.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM #60
> Mr. 005
PM me suggestions for pic

Mr. 005
PM me suggestions for pic

Holy shit....

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...52361198170316

Steve Blum wrote:
For the record, Wikipedia, I did NOT say it's here to stay. ...But I sure hope so. Let 'em know you want it, people.
They actually put Toonami back on the Feedback page under Programming.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/index.html

For God's sake, tell them that you want it!
Mr. 005 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote