Home Menu

Menu



Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2011, 12:58 AM #321
MnemonicSyntax's Avatar
> MnemonicSyntax
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,003
1
MnemonicSyntax
Banned
MnemonicSyntax's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,003
1



miserere wrote: View Post

I have not personally contacted a mod or Decade because IIRC, it always seemed that the mods would check on every thread. So, the need to contact them was unnecessary.
That's not the case. Even DV and myself, who are both new Mods with emphasis on Marketplace and Merchandise can't be everywhere at once or read all the threads. Help us help you.

Sushiya has been very untimely with my orders, and managed to screw my orders up more than 3 times (thus me spending tons of money to get everything fixed by shipping it all back to him, and only have to ship it again because he made the same screw ups) and his communication is less than crummy. I have emailed him plenty of times, and the last I heard of him was November 22 2010 stating:

Hi

i'm sorry again.
So i'll sent you Yellow helmet with plexi visor and yellow boots about end of Nov. please email me agian end of Nov for asking.


But thank you for looking into this. I honestly appreciate that.
See, again I didn't know about any of this. Both Marketplace and Merchandise Discussion forums are so busy and cluttered that Decade brought on not one, but two Mods. We're doing what we can but again we don't know everything. We're here to help you. Don't be afraid of us. If I don't get to you right away I will eventually. The last thing I want is someone getting screwed over on my watch.


I am not suggesting that these propmakers get a scammer tag simply because of what happened to me, I am also implying there is some favoritism going on here. Buzz, King, and Sushiya have proven to be very good propmakers. However, recently they have fallen behind on time, quality of their products, or simply not completing their orders altogether. There must be consistency with who gets a scammer tag, and it seems that with the amount of complaints from King and Sushiya's customers, you'd think they would receive something negative by now.

And, situations that have caused them delays haven't been there since I have bought from them until RECENTLY, so there is no excuse as to why I haven't received anything from either of them!
While I agree that there is no excuse why you haven't received your purchased merchandise/props, but let me say there is no favoritism going on.

Decade was, at one time, the one who solely dealt with the Vet/Propmaker/Scammer tags. The system is still in effect, but we are, without a doubt, way behind. That's where Dragon Voyager and myself come in. To lighten the work load, but there's still so much that needs to be done. So many good ideas that have worked, and other stuff that hasn't, that needs to be changed. The system of the Tags is still in effect, but neither DV or myself have the ability to pass out tags to others. So it's left to Decade.

I've IM'd her and discussed with her that we're behind, and people are getting upset about the situation going on here, but please realize, we are not playing favorites or double standards. We're simply backlogged.
MnemonicSyntax is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:44 AM #322
miserere's Avatar
> miserere
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 369
miserere
Power Ranger
miserere's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 369



Okay, I understand now. I genuinely appreciate the efforts taken to decipher who is good and all that jazz, I just wished the people I spent my hard earned money on would get their asses in gear and do the same. Pardon my language, but I can't help but feel screwed.
miserere is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 02:49 AM #323
zaidi's Avatar
> zaidi
Unknown
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,992
128
zaidi
Unknown
zaidi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,992
128



miserere wrote: View Post

Okay, I understand now. I genuinely appreciate the efforts taken to decipher who is good and all that jazz, I just wished the people I spent my hard earned money on would get their asses in gear and do the same. Pardon my language, but I can't help but feel screwed.
i also gotten stuff from king ranger as well but we don't know what really happening. just have to wait for their reply before i can comments on anything. i still waiting for some stuff with king ranger. need it before march.
zaidi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 01:49 AM #324
miserere's Avatar
> miserere
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 369
miserere
Power Ranger
miserere's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 369



I have sent a FaceBook message to King's actual FB account (Ed Johnson) and I realized he has taken me off his FB friendslist, which was one of the two sole ways of communicating with him. He was usually on MSN to talk to me and reassure me that my order was going fine "needed to order some more gold covering" etc, but since he's not on MSN and he took me off his FB, I took it as he is ignoring me.

I'm glad he is never on to resolve what he owes me from 2 years ago. So that is $400 CAD down the drain. Thanks again.
miserere is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 05:45 PM #325
Silveraxelforever's Avatar
> Silveraxelforever
Ninpu Shinobi Change!
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 219
Silveraxelforever
Ninpu Shinobi Change!
Silveraxelforever's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 219



Thats really sucks, Sorry that happened to you.
Silveraxelforever is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM #326
pingpong604's Avatar
> pingpong604
I <3 Money!
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 147
pingpong604
I <3 Money!
pingpong604's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 147



Thats awful. I truely feel sorry for everyone that hasn't received their shield yet. I was hoping to get one myself too but from the looks of it King isn't speaking on the forums anymore :S His work is truely lovely and a masterpiece but with how long it is taking i dont think it isnt worth it. 1yr 1/2 seems quite long. I think if it took that long i would probly fly over and find him LOl
pingpong604 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 07:41 PM #327
goEVILgreenranger's Avatar
> goEVILgreenranger
Rita is my empress!
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,548
goEVILgreenranger
Rita is my empress!
goEVILgreenranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,548



wow, wheres roush when you need him?
thats harsh man, i never figured king would be like that.
goEVILgreenranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:23 PM #328
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,085
32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed
Moderator
OmegaRangerRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 18,085
32 eBay



i think the old saying "actions speak louder than words" is applicable here.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:55 PM #329
Roush9855's Avatar
> Roush9855
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,182
64
Roush9855
Power Ranger
Roush9855's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,182
64



Well I just emailed him with the notion of finishing his orders if he were to send me the rest of them. I doubt he will, but I am just trhing to help out. He is a respected member and I don't want this to happen to him because of this rut that he is in.
Roush9855 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:45 PM #330
miserere's Avatar
> miserere
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 369
miserere
Power Ranger
miserere's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 369



If the last time he edited that update status, my order has been "Ready to Ship" since LAST April, and I have no word of tracking, or any notification if he has shipped it out yet. Lots of promises have been made to calm my tits about how late his order was (sounds very similar to Sushiya) but I have not received, much less heard, anything from the guy.

I will wait and see if he will answer my Facebook message I made on Friday, which I am kind of doubtful, as he was usually always on to chat on FB. If not, I guess I'll have to suck it up and cut my losses. I hope he finds my money to be useful for whatever he decided to use it for.
miserere is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:54 PM #331
gagecook45's Avatar
> gagecook45
The Original Badass
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32
gagecook45
The Original Badass
gagecook45's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32



miserere wrote: View Post

If the last time he edited that update status, my order has been "Ready to Ship" since LAST April, and I have no word of tracking, or any notification if he has shipped it out yet. Lots of promises have been made to calm my tits about how late his order was (sounds very similar to Sushiya) but I have not received, much less heard, anything from the guy.

I will wait and see if he will answer my Facebook message I made on Friday, which I am kind of doubtful, as he was usually always on to chat on FB. If not, I guess I'll have to suck it up and cut my losses. I hope he finds my money to be useful for whatever he decided to use it for.
That REALLY sucks...
gagecook45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:59 AM #332
ranger_gixxer85's Avatar
> ranger_gixxer85
k9..the best partner ever
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 369
ranger_gixxer85
k9..the best partner ever
ranger_gixxer85's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 369



This is just wrong, no excuse can make this correct. He committed to making these shields, so just like a business he should keep his word, which he hasn't and yes he's had personal issues but he needs to know that you have to separate your personal issues from business. If it was up to me he would receive a scammer tag, because sometimes actions speak loud and I'm sure that would get his attention. I realize he has a reputation here as a skilled prop maker but with his actions that would mean less than shit right now.

I would even go as far as to say this is a form of theft and it's well over $400 so now it's a felony, and hey i wouldn't go as far as saying criminal charges can be brought up but civilly you can take action. You guys can even get a DR# from your local police dept. To have for reference. I'm not saying you all should do this but this is wrong and I've been to numerous calls where people get money stolen and items and I feel for them especially those who work hard for there money. What happened to good morals??
ranger_gixxer85 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:23 AM #333
gagecook45's Avatar
> gagecook45
The Original Badass
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32
gagecook45
The Original Badass
gagecook45's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32



ranger_gixxer85 wrote: View Post

This is just wrong, no excuse can make this correct. He committed to making these shields, so just like a business he should keep his word, which he hasn't and yes he's had personal issues but he needs to know that you have to separate your personal issues from business. If it was up to me he would receive a scammer tag, because sometimes actions speak loud and I'm sure that would get his attention. I realize he has a reputation here as a skilled prop maker but with his actions that would mean less than shit right now.

I would even go as far as to say this is a form of theft and it's well over $400 so now it's a felony, and hey i wouldn't go as far as saying criminal charges can be brought up but civilly you can take action. You guys can even get a DR# from your local police dept. To have for reference. I'm not saying you all should do this but this is wrong and I've been to numerous calls where people get money stolen and items and I feel for them especially those who work hard for there money. What happened to good morals??
I don't know how much a scammer tag would do to the guy... I don't think he's active at all any longer. As far as saying it's theft if he never follows through? Definitely. But there's nothing anyone can do about it. He was paid through paypal which only has guaranteed protection for 45 days. After that, you either have your item or enough trust in the seller to follow through with the deal. If anyone were to complain, ESPECIALLY those who have been waiting a year+, it wouldn't matter who they talked to. RangerBoard, paypal, the cops... it'd be the same from everyone. Why are you waiting 'till now to let us know? Personally, I think people should have been asking questions after 3 months. If it can't be accomplished in 90 days, then there should be a good reason.
gagecook45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:37 AM #334
MnemonicSyntax's Avatar
> MnemonicSyntax
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,003
1
MnemonicSyntax
Banned
MnemonicSyntax's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,003
1



In all honesty, I feel bad for Misrere, and the others that are having the same problems. However, there's not much we can do about it here.

My advice in the future is this. Put down a small down payment and expect constant contact (once a week at minimum) with pictures, updates, etc. If that contact is broke anytime within the first 45 days, get your money back (if you paid via Paypal, which is the most common payment method these days anyway.) If a prop/costume maker can't keep communication up, then they're plate's are too full and they need to re-evaluate their position.

Regardless of King's situation, a simple note of the issue at hand or letting people know what's going on doesn't take but five minutes at best, to do. Since King seemed to remove Misrere from Facebook altogether, I'd say that doesn't speak too highly of him.

We can toss a Scammer tag on him, but as Gage said, (and I agree with him) it doesn't seem like it's going to change anything, because he never comes to the board anyway.

Sushiya however does. But that's a whole different can of worms for a different thread.
MnemonicSyntax is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:45 AM #335
Iceman80's Avatar
> Iceman80
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 80
Iceman80
Power Ranger
Iceman80's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 80



Hello King Ranger, could you make me that green ranger/dragon ranger shield?
Iceman80 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:47 AM #336
RetroPlanet's Avatar
> RetroPlanet
VIP Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,331
64
RetroPlanet
VIP Ranger
RetroPlanet's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,331
64



Iceman80 wrote: View Post

Hello King Ranger, could you make me that green ranger/dragon ranger shield?
Are you on drugs?
RetroPlanet is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:55 AM #337
gagecook45's Avatar
> gagecook45
The Original Badass
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32
gagecook45
The Original Badass
gagecook45's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32



RetroPlanet wrote: View Post

Are you on drugs?
Whatever he's on, I want some...


MnemonicSyntax wrote: View Post

Sushiya however does. But that's a whole different can of worms for a different thread.
That's something that CAN be enforced. I haven't looked into his sales as much, but I've heard that he's WAY behind on board members. Which is funny because he eBay sales haven't been affected at all. I honestly believe that could be taken care of pretty quickly. Anyways, back to complaints about King.
gagecook45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:27 AM #338
gagecook45's Avatar
> gagecook45
The Original Badass
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32
gagecook45
The Original Badass
gagecook45's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32



Green ranger / Dragon ranger armor package w/ options

Iceman80 wrote: View Post

Hello King Ranger, could you make me that green ranger/dragon ranger shield?
Hi!


I do not use any kind of drugs.
So yeah I found that last one in my inbox just now. Iceman, we were curious because you were asking for a shield from a guy who still hasn't finished shields for people who ordered from him TWO YEARS AGO! So, in our minds, you must be on drugs to be asking the guy to make you anything at all when at the moment he can't handle what he already has!
gagecook45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:39 AM #339
ranger_gixxer85's Avatar
> ranger_gixxer85
k9..the best partner ever
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 369
ranger_gixxer85
k9..the best partner ever
ranger_gixxer85's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 369



I think prop makers should also only take what they can handle and not overwhelme themselves witha bunch of projects at one time. I know money is nice but respect goes a long way and is earned harder.
ranger_gixxer85 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:00 AM #340
gagecook45's Avatar
> gagecook45
The Original Badass
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32
gagecook45
The Original Badass
gagecook45's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,155
32



Green ranger / Dragon ranger armor package w/ options

ranger_gixxer85 wrote: View Post

I think prop makers should also only take what they can handle and not overwhelme themselves witha bunch of projects at one time. I know money is nice but respect goes a long way and is earned harder.
No kidding. If it takes a week to make one of these bad boys and only 2 can be worked on at a time then he needs 8 customers a month tops!

Edit: just an example. No idea how long it takes to make. Apparently a year or so.
gagecook45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.