Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:52 AM #2721
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



The two Beast wars anime take place after beast Machines.
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:58 AM #2722
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,336
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,336



Interesthing, because this one are shows i liked to see two from Transformers, the Beast Wars II and Neo !
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 02:24 AM #2723
Xalfrea's Avatar
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,617
Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf
Xalfrea's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,617



We all scream for Starscream!

Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 03:23 AM #2724
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,336
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,336



The Episodes of this New Transformers the episodes are from 10/11 minutes i find weird in the started...
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 06:51 AM #2725
Mr.Karate's Avatar
> Mr.Karate
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 658
Mr.Karate
Power Ranger
Mr.Karate's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 658



leolim wrote: View Post

The two Beast wars anime take place after beast Machines.
Did Japan get Beast Machines?
Mr.Karate is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 06:58 AM #2726
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



Mr.Karate wrote: View Post

Did Japan get Beast Machines?
Yes beast wars return and here’s a comic to explain.
http://karyuudofansubs.blogspot.com/...onvoy.html?m=1
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 07:39 AM #2727
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



sylarking wrote: View Post

no it didnt
Read this and please stop trolling me.
http://karyuudofansubs.blogspot.com/...onvoy.html?m=1


Last edited by leolim; June 22nd, 2019 at 07:50 AM.
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 08:00 AM #2728
Arkvoodle's Avatar
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,976
eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!
Arkvoodle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,976
eBay



Mr.Karate wrote: View Post

Did Japan get Beast Machines?
yes but not until five years AFTER Beast Wars II & Beast Wars Neo had aired.


which is why they had to release some comics to try & patch the canon holes.
Arkvoodle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 08:06 AM #2729
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



Arkvoodle wrote: View Post

yes but not until five years AFTER Beast Wars II & Beast Wars Neo had aired.


which is why they had to release some comics to try & patch the canon holes.
SO far Takara hasn't explain what time era the Transformers from Car Robot originally came or why Autobots exist after Beast era as well returning to their Regular giant size.
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:03 AM #2730
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,989
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,989



leolim wrote: View Post

Read this and please stop trolling me.
Technically, they don't even take place in the same continuity, so does it really matter? Also, while that could explain Neo, it doesn't explain BW2 having Primal show up before becoming transmetal.

leolim wrote: View Post

SO far Takara hasn't explain what time era the Transformers from Car Robot originally came or why Autobots exist after Beast era as well returning to their Regular giant size.
Didn't they just make it a separate series entirely and drop the continuation from the Beast era?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:42 AM #2731
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Technically, they don't even take place in the same continuity, so does it really matter? Also, while that could explain Neo, it doesn't explain BW2 having Primal show up before becoming transmetal.



Didn't they just make it a separate series entirely and drop the continuation from the Beast era?
Takara retcon Car Robot to the Japanese G1 timeline this comic explained it.
http://forum.unicron.com/viewtopic.php?t=6167
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 08:35 PM #2732
Cuchulainn's Avatar
> Cuchulainn
century color
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,477
Cuchulainn
century color
Cuchulainn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,477



leolim wrote: View Post

Takara retcon Car Robot to the Japanese G1 timeline this comic explained it.
http://forum.unicron.com/viewtopic.php?t=6167
That's a tie-in comic that exists solely to justify a bunch of Combiner Wars retools based on characters from older shows. It means about as much to the canon as Kiss Players does.

sylarking wrote:
I thought transformers besides g1 and beast wars are separate continuities?
They are, for the most part. The only time it really gets iffy is in the Transtech setting or when talking about characters like the Fallen where the character is sort of implied to be the same one across all universes.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 08:42 PM #2733
Xalfrea's Avatar
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,617
Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf
Xalfrea's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,617



If I'm not mistaken, the higher deities like Primus and Unicron and the demi-bots like the 13 Primes are no longer single multiversal constants. Continuity is also rather iffy considering that Hasbro and Takara seem to have their own. Takara not only has the Japanese-exclusive cartoons, Car Robots/RiD 2001 for them is part of G1 as well, while for Hasbro it is not.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 08:45 PM #2734
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,814
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,814



sylarking wrote: View Post

I thought transformers besides g1 and beast wars are separate continuities?
The Japanese G1 continuity drops the "Rebirth" three-parter from the end of the original cartoon and adds 117 episodes of original Japanese content (Headmasters, Super God Masterforce, Victory, and the one-shot OVA Zone) in its place. Another 78 episodes of original material (Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo) were made during and between the airing of Beast Wars and Beast Machines, but take place after the latter, making them the chronological end of the G1 story. Then, the 2000 Robots in Disguise series was said to take place between Seasons Two and Three of the original cartoon, rather than being an independent story like in America.

So yes, American G1 is just the original and Beast Wars/Machines, but Japanese G1 is a significantly larger continuity.

Last edited by GetTheeToABrewery; June 28th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 08:47 PM #2735
Xalfrea's Avatar
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,617
Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf
Xalfrea's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,617



Yeah there is this if you want a list of events. A long, massively convoluted, screwed up list and timeline that can put the Zelda timeline to shame.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generation_1...imeline_(Japan)
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 09:06 PM #2736
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,814
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,814



Xalfrea wrote: View Post

Yeah there is this if you want a list of events. A long, massively convoluted, screwed up list and timeline that can put the Zelda timeline to shame.
Let's not exaggerate, please. It's hardly seamless, but at least it doesn't go so far as to say "These stories take place in a timeline where the Autobots lost, which by any sensible metric would make them not canon, but we're including them anyway, just to make things needlessly complex."
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:08 PM #2737
Titanium321's Avatar
> ⚡Titanium321
Moderator
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,989
Titanium321
Moderator
Titanium321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 31,989



leolim wrote: View Post

Takara retcon Car Robot to the Japanese G1 timeline this comic explained it.
http://forum.unicron.com/viewtopic.php?t=6167
But if you're just watching the show, how would you get this information that is different from what the show gives you?

sylarking wrote: View Post

I thought transformers besides g1 and beast wars are separate continuities?
They are. Japan tried making more connections but essentially gave up as it started doing its own series again instead of dubbing US produced episodes. In a neat twist though, the US ended up taking some of their different anime continuities and selling them as one trilogy for a few years before the movies rebooted everything.

Now there are people arguing that the BW era stuff is a separate continuity from G1. But also that the IDW comics that don't actually match G1 also count as G1 to add new characters in based on G1 design aesthetics but not actually built for those stories. TF continuity is a wiki based nightmare.

Xalfrea wrote: View Post

If I'm not mistaken, the higher deities like Primus and Unicron and the demi-bots like the 13 Primes are no longer single multiversal constants. Continuity is also rather iffy considering that Hasbro and Takara seem to have their own. Takara not only has the Japanese-exclusive cartoons, Car Robots/RiD 2001 for them is part of G1 as well, while for Hasbro it is not.
Did they ever even actually try doing anything with that Aligned concept? Everything being released at the time seemed to have a different storyline and concept of Primus or TF Deities in general. Even the Fallen didn't really seem like it ever tried to match the "same in every universe" concept when it was used.

I'm guessing that was more of a comic attempt more than actually using the movies, shows, or even games at the time.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 12:07 AM #2738
SephStuff's Avatar
> SephStuff
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,061
SephStuff
Power Ranger
SephStuff's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,061



Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Did they ever even actually try doing anything with that Aligned concept? Everything being released at the time seemed to have a different storyline and concept of Primus or TF Deities in general. Even the Fallen didn't really seem like it ever tried to match the "same in every universe" concept when it was used.

I'm guessing that was more of a comic attempt more than actually using the movies, shows, or even games at the time.
The idea of Aligned at the time was that everything would come from the same continuity bible and therefore have an aligned origin. With the different creative teams that are involved across media, it was never going to be possible for it to be one ongoing narrative. For the first five or so years, the character backgrounds came out of the binder. By the time of RiD it was basically impossible to continue with it though.

I'd imagine Cyberverse is following a similar idea. Write a continuity bible with backstory and characterisation, then let the creative teams develop their owns stories rather than have everything mapped out.
SephStuff is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 09:40 AM #2739
Cuchulainn's Avatar
> Cuchulainn
century color
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,477
Cuchulainn
century color
Cuchulainn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,477



I still have no idea what they were thinking with the Aligned Continuity. The very definition of squeezing a square peg into a round hole.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 10:06 AM #2740
leolim's Avatar
> leolim
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640
leolim
Power Ranger
leolim's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,640



The Unicron Trilogy was even more convoluted Especially Galaxy Force was originally separated from the other 2 until Takara retcon it as part of the Micron Legend/Superlink timeline but the plot hole is a easy fix because the black hole affects the reality both space and time.

Last edited by leolim; June 23rd, 2019 at 10:13 AM.
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.