Home Menu

Menu

Old June 11th, 2019, 04:37 PM #101
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Sorry forgot Iíd mentioned that before, nevermind then.

Though in regards to this particular season placement for the movies doesnít really matter that much (though the second one features a character that has yet to be introduced in the series at your current point). In fact you could probably watch the first Max Heart movie now and not really miss anything.

Also for what itís worth the Max Heart movies are better than the season itself in my opinion (especially the second one), but thatís not saying a whole lot.

Last edited by Akiba Black; June 11th, 2019 at 04:52 PM.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 07:29 PM #102
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Deh I confused them. Yeah...I'm not that smart.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 14th, 2019, 12:51 PM #103
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Sorry forgot Iíd mentioned that before, nevermind then.
It's fine.

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Deh I confused them. Yeah...I'm not that smart.
I assure you, you're probably smarter than I am.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 6

T-minus four episodes untilÖ..the episode

If I were to name my favorite Bioman member right now, it would be Mika. I feel the right now sheís the only one with a character. Redís the leader, GreenísÖa planner maybe, Blue is there, and Pinkís a flutist. I can tell you things about Mika. She wants to be a photographer because of her brother. Sheís a loner, sheís reckless, and sheís badass. Sheís also the focus of six. Mika, while taking pictures, accidentally discovers a plot connected by Farrah and her helpers and itís a pretty smart plan. She plans to unleash poisonous gas into the atmosphere and kill living things, and on top of that thereís a plot to take down Bio Robo. This episode had a lot of things working, and I enjoyed all of them. Gearís plans actually make sense and are kind of terrifying in a weird way in that theyíd work if Bioman werenít involved. Iím also shocked that we havenít gotten one of Sentaiís sillier episodes where the plots are more in bad filler land. Was that a thing in the Showa series? Mikaís the star of this episode, and itís a shame things couldnít work out with the actress. Sheís the standout of the team so far. I havenít much to say about these filler episodes because theyíre all sort of the same level of competence. Hopefully upcoming plot elements will change that. By the way we haven't really seen the girls superhuman abilities yet? Do we ever?
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 12:55 PM #104
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Showa still had weird, silly episodes but the early stuff at least shows the stakes of what was going on...then again Bioman I think was really trying to push that in it's early going.

Oh and congratulations: you just watched the last episode where Yajima both acts and does the voice for Mika. Next time, your voice actress for Yellow4 will be...someone else. (it's sort of a thing regarding how the show was made: they filmed the scenes then did the ADRs for the voices...and Yajima left having filmed a certain number of episodes without voicing some; and with the next one sort of introducing a bit more on the main plot, they couldn't skip it so...I'll get into who is voicing her next time)
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:45 PM #105
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Pretty much everyone get more after Mikaís gone, so donít worry. Itís sad weíll never see the full potential of an awesome character like Mika, but Jun is just as awesome and get a lot of focus as well.

Yes, the girls also have a special power. Mikaís power is mostly used in her last episode. Jun obviously have the same power than Mika. As for Hikaru... youíre gonna have to wait a long time if i remember correctly. And itís used like... twice in the whole show. It also feel like they didnít know what to give her, to be honest. But itís hard to complain since the Bio Girls get several duo attacks.
AdamPark62 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:47 PM #106
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Was there ever an explanation given as to why the original Yellow 4 left the show?
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:54 PM #107
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

A lot actually, so itís hard to know the truth. Some say she was pregnant, some say she just left without giving a reason. Even the actors seems confused. Red Oneís actor said it was planned from day 1, a way to show fighting monsters isnít just cool and fun, but also dangerous. But that doesnít really make sense since they had to hire another VA.
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:58 PM #108
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

What happened to Mika wasn't intentional, lest they would have let her complete the show including the voicework. The fact they had to hire someone to voice her to her own footage in several of her remaining episodes prove that; my guess is Red1's actor just sort of wanted to cover for what really happened by saying "it was supposed to be like this"; in the same sort of way as the weird situation as the two VulEagles. (though there the replacement ultimately turned out to be intentional)
Old June 15th, 2019, 10:21 AM #109
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Showa still had weird, silly episodes but the early stuff at least shows the stakes of what was going on...then again Bioman I think was really trying to push that in it's early going.

Oh and congratulations: you just watched the last episode where Yajima both acts and does the voice for Mika. Next time, your voice actress for Yellow4 will be...someone else. (it's sort of a thing regarding how the show was made: they filmed the scenes then did the ADRs for the voices...and Yajima left having filmed a certain number of episodes without voicing some; and with the next one sort of introducing a bit more on the main plot, they couldn't skip it so...I'll get into who is voicing her next time)
I kind of knew this stuff from reading the Bioman wiki page, but interesting nonetheless.

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

Pretty much everyone get more after Mikaís gone, so donít worry. Itís sad weíll never see the full potential of an awesome character like Mika, but Jun is just as awesome and get a lot of focus as well.

Yes, the girls also have a special power. Mikaís power is mostly used in her last episode. Jun obviously have the same power than Mika. As for Hikaru... youíre gonna have to wait a long time if i remember correctly. And itís used like... twice in the whole show. It also feel like they didnít know what to give her, to be honest. But itís hard to complain since the Bio Girls get several duo attacks.
Good to hear that the girls don't get shafted like they do nowadays.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 7

I feel like ĎJoyí must have read a Superman comic while he was waiting for Pebo to show up. Maybe thatís why he was on the run from those kids.

Before this episode, I had no strong feelings about Pebo. He was the assisting exposition robot, he had a stupid outfit, and heís one of those characters where I couldnít tell if he was male or female. However this episode really made me start to dislike him, and not in the fun to dislike like Pollun. I dislike him because heís an idiot. So the plot of this episode is that a letter/saucer thing arrives to Earth, and Pebo recognizes it as something from the planet Bio. He knows itís from this little boy he used to be friends with. Pebo goes nuts when the letter gets taken by Gear. He soon stumbles on Joy running around and is delighted to introduce Bioman to him. Go is suspicious of the kid because of certain things like him not remembering aspects of his own culture. The kid gives the Superman backstory as to where heís been. Joy then gets kidnapped by Mason which causes Pebo to freak out and become the brattiest thing ever. BIoman chain up Pebo, an action that I supported because he was in no state of mind to leave the base. Bioman fight, Mecha fight, Pebo shows up and gets kidnapped by Gear because heís an idiot and itís revealed that Joy is a Mecha Human! Whoís shocked? No one. This episode was interesting yet tedious. I find it odd that Pebo was randomly friends with some random kid, but I guess since peboís a kid it makes sense I guess. I predicted this plot as soon as Doctor Man said he had a plan, but thatís from me having seen many episodes with this plot in media. Itís not new. I thought the team came off as intelligent and competent by chaining up Pebo. Itíll be interesting to see how they get Pebo out of prison. This episode was fine, but itís hard to make a Part 1 of anything interesting to me. Theyíre almost always boring or bad to me.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 8

Iím so confused about how they ended up in spaceÖ.likeÖwhat?

This episode felt surprisingly standard for something that was a more plot-oriented. It was surprisingly easy for them to locate Pebo, after he was willing to spill all the secrets of Bioman, and then the name of the game became locating Joy. I felt like the team forgave Pebo too easily. He was a brat to them earlier in the base in Episode 7, and then he was going to give up their secrets to Gear because of some kid? Not a great mentor or assistant robot. The action was fine, I liked the more stealth-oriented things they had to do in order to get into the Mecha Human factory. We finally got to see Mikaís power. She creates holograms with her brain, like Synergy from Jem and the Holograms. Iím still sad to see Mika go because sheís honestly the best out of the whole cast thus far, but I still have two-ish episodes left with her. I thought Red had a good idea when he said that Pebo had to promise not to cry when they found Joy. We then find out the fate of Planet Bio, it exploded because of war and Joy is dead. The team does the sappy we pledge to fight you because of protecting children thing and then they somehow end up in space. This episode wasnít as eventful as I wanted it to be, but itís still pretty fun nonetheless. Now I hear Blue finally gets an episode next time! Yay! Itís about jump ropingÖoh no.
Old June 15th, 2019, 11:04 AM #110
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

And the best thing about the girls getting a lot of focus is you can hear the Bio Girls songs several times. I really love that song despite the... weird and random "Sexual Lady" XD

I like Peebo, i think itís nice we got a robot with a lot of emotions, but i really wanted to punch him so hard XD Itís that kind of situation where you can understand why the character act like that but still found it annoying XD

Donít expect too much from episode 9. Itís the type of episode where you can basically replace Blue with pretty much everyone and the story would be the same XD
Old June 15th, 2019, 11:56 AM #111
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

The Joy 2-parter...well if you ignore the nonsense about Peebo running around, it is a harsh reality regarding the problems of war and what happens in war. I think it's good if only for that even if Peebo being an idiot and falling for a Mecha-Human does sort of show that it still really needs to learn a few things about the enemy.

Oh and neat trivia: Mika's VA in these and her remaining episodes were an up-and-coming anime VA named...Mayumi Tanaka. Yes, Krillin/Monkey D. Luffy was a Sentai Ranger...years before we get the Tetsu Inadas and such becoming more prevalent in the franchise. (though in a way we did technically get a few anime VAs as Rangers at this point...though years before they did any anime roles; DenziGreen later did Madara Uchiha and shockingly the second VulEagle you'll encounter once you get to Splash Star in your Cure watch....and surprisingly Torin is also working alongside him)
Old June 15th, 2019, 11:58 AM #112
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Tanaka herself would also go on to play a Precure villain in DokiDoki.

Last edited by Akiba Black; June 16th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:34 PM #113
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

And the best thing about the girls getting a lot of focus is you can hear the Bio Girls songs several times. I really love that song despite the... weird and random "Sexual Lady" XD
Oh Japan.....

The Joy 2-parter...well if you ignore the nonsense about Peebo running around, it is a harsh reality regarding the problems of war and what happens in war. I think it's good if only for that even if Peebo being an idiot and falling for a Mecha-Human does sort of show that it still really needs to learn a few things about the enemy.

Oh and neat trivia: Mika's VA in these and her remaining episodes were an up-and-coming anime VA named...Mayumi Tanaka. Yes, Krillin/Monkey D. Luffy was a Sentai Ranger...years before we get the Tetsu Inadas and such becoming more prevalent in the franchise. (though in a way we did technically get a few anime VAs as Rangers at this point...though years before they did any anime roles; DenziGreen later did Madara Uchiha and shockingly the second VulEagle you'll encounter once you get to Splash Star in your Cure watch....and surprisingly Torin is also working alongside him)
I didn't think about the episode that way. It was hard to get past Peebo running around like an idiot. I also don't watch much anime so that name means nothing to me XD! Though I have heard of Luffy.

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 9

Are there no security cameras around to capture when kids disappear? Do we just not have that tech?

This episode really surprised me! The teaser at the end of last episode made it seem like a frivolous filler about kids being kidnapped while jump-roping, but thereís a lot more going on here. The most disappointing aspect is how little focus Blue gets in what really is his first time to shine. He more than anyone has suffered from what Iím calling ĎSuit-Filler Syndromeí. Heís there to fill out the team, but hasnít done anything and has only had a handful of lines. He could have been swapped out for any member of the team and the episode would have worked. That being said, the episode as written was very good. Particularly on the villain side of things. Itís Farrahís turn to hatch a plan, and sheís kidnapping kids in order to build a supercomputer. I question why you would want little kids, they donít know as much in their brains. But I guess she wants that youthful energy? Anyways turns out that this was all a ploy by Doctor Man to get a Bioman alone in order to gain information about the Bioman and how they work. It actually goes pretty well until Blue uses his hearing to pick up on how it all works. Needless to say, Iím sure Doctor Man got some data on the team. Iím sure this wonít be put to annnnyyyy use in the next episode. Nope. Not at all. Also you can totally tell when the footage of the actress for Mika ran out. We love reusing the ending scene from Episode 3. They randomly picked up Redís dog and cat on the way home? And with this concluded, Iíve reached perhaps what is this seasonís famous episodeÖ

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 10

I have no quip. This episode was intense.

Despite all the behind the scenes hiccups, this episode was way better than it had any reason to be despite the rush job Iím sure it was. Gear has gotten their hands on the Anti-Bio Particles. These are particles that were released into the universe when Planet Bio exploded 500 years ago, and Doctor Man has gotten his hands on all of them. He develops the Bio Killer Gun as a way to depower Bio Robo and the Bioman in general. Itís an interesting concept, though the idea behind Anti-Bio Particles makes me giggle at how stupid and basic writing it sounds. Anyways, in order to understand how the gun works. Mika sacrifices herself to the particles, severely weakening her. It seems Red also had an exposure to the particles because he has lost his ability to talk to animals that theyíve used all of twice. When it comes time for Mikaís actual death, itís a good scene and the voice actress really sells the pain that the character is going through. I think her ending serves as a nice wrapping of Mikaís arc. The girl who was too independent and reckless and didnít want to be part of the team ended up being the one to save them all. Itís sweet. I also think that the funeral scene was good. Hikaru was the best acted and really sold the sadness. Green looked constipated, Red and Blue just looked bored. There were some interesting bits with the team actually training in the Mecha which I donít think we see that often in Sentai. I wonder if thereís other Anti-Bio Particles left? Mika said that Mason used up all the energy in the gun, but do they still have them in Gear HQ? Anyways the team is down to four, who knows what will happen now? Maybe they could hold a talent show for the next Yellow4.
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:46 PM #114
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Yeah, Pinkís actress is decent at best, but she really made that scene memorable. And Mikaís using her power one last time to say goodbye to her team

They really did a great job considering what was going on behind the scenes. Of course, you wonder why Mika stay in suit, but outside of that, it was well done. I also like how her death have an impact on
how they treat Jun at first.
Old June 16th, 2019, 04:59 PM #115
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Not much to say on 9 but it was a pretty decent episode.

Now 10...as said, they knew they were screwed but they still made an amazing episode that made Mika's death impactful regardless; easily one of the best death episodes in the franchise. Oh and remember Anti-Bio Particles: they won't be mentioned again for a while but they will be massively important down the line.
Old June 20th, 2019, 05:31 PM #116
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Not much to say on 9 but it was a pretty decent episode.

Now 10...as said, they knew they were screwed but they still made an amazing episode that made Mika's death impactful regardless; easily one of the best death episodes in the franchise. Oh and remember Anti-Bio Particles: they won't be mentioned again for a while but they will be massively important down the line.
I love the way Mika went out. There was still an element of respect and tragedy in how she went out. Loved it. I'll remember that then lol.

Yeah, Pinkís actress is decent at best, but she really made that scene memorable. And Mikaís using her power one last time to say goodbye to her team

They really did a great job considering what was going on behind the scenes. Of course, you wonder why Mika stay in suit, but outside of that, it was well done. I also like how her death have an impact on
how they treat Jun at first.
I would assume that Mika stayed in suit in order to make the death easier on her friends or something like that. Maybe the Anti-Bio Particles tampered with her demorphing abilities who knows?

-

Back from vacation and back to Bioman!

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 11

Peebo does realize that Bio Roboís head getting cut off doesnít mean that he looses his head to right?

The team is in mourning after the loss of Mika, but they have no time to dwell on it. Gear is still out there with a mission to destroy the Earth. They need to track down another female with Bio Particles to become Yellow Four. I find this interesting on two counts. One I like that the Yellow Four powers seem gender-specific. I wonder if when the Bio Particles were bestowed on the ancestors, it linked them to that specific chromosome? Also I like the explanation that since the particles were bestowed 500 years ago, it means that there are countless descendants running around with these Bio Particles. Anyways, the events of the episode arenít anything spectacular. Itís the team running around and telling this archer girl whoís following them to buzz off because she doesnít know the responsibility of being a Bioman. Until they realize she has the Bio Particles, and Jun Yabuki is the new Yellow Four. I like the new yellow ranger, especially that she didnít automatically know everything about being a Bioman. It feels more realistic, even if she did know the roll call and her pose. She has the spunk of Mika, but lacks Mikaís harsh exterior. She also came off really young to me in this episode, like teenager-young to me. The Mecha struggle was the least interesting part. Iím not a fan of when the Mecha is used in actual locations. It really emphasizes that itís a guy in a suit, unless Japan has mountains big enough for a Stories tall giant robot. Now youíd thing that with the introduction of a new character sheíd get another focus immediately next episode, but instead itís greenÖ.but why?

-

Choudenshi Bioman Episode 12

Honest question, did Jun even speak in this episode?

I donít know how many know this, but I generally prefer character filler plots to serialization. Iíll gladly take more LuPat over Kyuranger or Timeranger any day of the week. All this to say that this is the kind of episode I enjoy. Itís a fairly simple plot. Balloons are going around the city causing things to explode, and Green goes to investigate. He kills a Mecha Human that resembles the kid of the dayís father, and that leads to Green doubting himself. Itís an interesting plot that showcases that the team isnít without their flaws. The Biomen up till now have been pretty consistent in their competency, and this is the first time theyíve truly doubted themselves. I donít count the Mika episode because the narrative never committed to them doubting the Bio Particles. They doubted the particles for like a minute or two and then were fine. It was short and sweet, nothing overstayed its welcome. Though something that bugs me about the season; why is Green being referred to by his last name? The girls get referred to by their first names, as does Red and Blue. Iím fairly certain this is just a thing of the era, but it bugs me because it prevents me from remembering the boysí names. Anyways Iím excited about the next episode because itís back to the focus on Jun. I mentioned this in the opening stinger, but I sincerely doubt she spoke at all except for the group attacks and roll call. I wonder if this episode had been written while the drama with Mika was going on and they werenít sure what they would do yet so they minimized her role? Probably unlikely but thatís just my guess.
Old June 20th, 2019, 05:53 PM #117
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I think that considering that each member of Bioman has the Bio Particles of one of the "five ancestors", basically it means somewhere down the line that Jun is related to Mika...but it's probably so distant that it means nothing other than plot convenience. But hey, it works for Jun. (the element of Bio Particles and genetic descendants does come into play probably one more time during the endgame...but no spoilers)
Old June 21st, 2019, 01:57 AM #118
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

The first time i watched Bioman, i was affraid Jun would be Diane Martin 2.0. Great debut before becoming invisible. Thanks god i was wrong. Episode 13 is one of my favorites. And i just learnt that the guest star of this episode was also in episode 9 of JAKQ.
Old June 21st, 2019, 04:56 AM #119
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

The one appears in Bioman 13 (and J.A.K.Q. 9) is Hiroyuki Sanada, who actually has appeared in a few movies in the US as well; one of the few who has broken through not just into the Japanese film industry but internationally as well.

It's tough to say Jun is Diane Martin when she's more the equivalent of Maria Nagisa...yeah, the awesome Miss America.

Oh and the next few Bioman are actually pretty good and some more of the general themes of the series does start to emerge in 14 as well. (and 15, technically, is the first true "girl power" episode of the entire franchise since it focuses on both Jun and Hikaru)
Old June 21st, 2019, 06:26 AM #120
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

I wasn't really talking about the replacement thing but how Diane had some focus in episode 1 and then nothing until she leave. Seeing Jun barely getting any lines in her 2nd episodes made me worried the same thing was gonna happen. Then again, i knew nothing about the BTS stuff with Diane's actress back then so XD