Home Menu

Menu

Old May 26th, 2019, 06:22 PM #3681
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

Eh, Obi-Wan's "thousand generations" line from A New Hope kinda shoots that down. Both the Jedi and the Republic (and their close relationship to one another) have to have existed for a bare minimum of 20,000 years.
I don't think anyone's counting the generations to years ratio. They could still do it, though I doubt they will since I'm assuming it'll be using pre-established Old Republic era periods.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:29 PM #3682
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Wonder if it would enhance the tragedy if it turned out the first Jedi vs. Sith fight was more like Red vs. Blue, originally? Like the Web series.

Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:25 AM #3683
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:38 AM #3684
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

In the New Movie, they bring the Knights of Rey is really cool, and i hope they give screentime to them, because the all Kylo Ren not be a Jedi or Sith is something diferent, and if consider the lauching of Palpatine/Darth Sidious, I wonder if going to be something related with Mamon
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:41 PM #3685
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

The Rise of Skywalker was edited on set due to the tight schedule, as confirmed by the film's editor.

http://collider.com/star-wars-9-edit-details/
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:56 PM #3686
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Celebration Anaheim dates revealed: August 27-30, 2020.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...led_184353.asp

Considering the convention center’s proximity to Disneyland, I suspect they could have a special event in Galaxy’s Edge.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:38 AM #3687
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Has anyone here been to Galaxy's Edge yet? For practically the entire month of July I will be in California visiting from overseas. Disneyland was one place I planned to go, but Galaxy's Edge opening (which I honestly completely forgot about) took me by surprise and made it a priority visit for me.

Seeing various accounts and retellings of the experience online and most say nothing but high praise for the visit itself. Major criticism goes towards the inability to cosplay there, but that's nothing to me and is perfectly understandable. Then there's the souvenirs, chief among them the build-a-lightsaber for a whopping $200 plus tax. Major dividing opinion on that, others saying the standard stuff of wasting it on such a minor frivolity while others argue the immersion, build experience, and quality make it worth it.

All this and more I look forward to, though the build-a-lightsaber is making me a bit nervous.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:51 AM #3688
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Xalfrea wrote: View Post

Has anyone here been to Galaxy's Edge yet? For practically the entire month of July I will be in California visiting from overseas. Disneyland was one place I planned to go, but Galaxy's Edge opening (which I honestly completely forgot about) took me by surprise and made it a priority visit for me.

Seeing various accounts and retellings of the experience online and most say nothing but high praise for the visit itself. Major criticism goes towards the inability to cosplay there, but that's nothing to me and is perfectly understandable. Then there's the souvenirs, chief among them the build-a-lightsaber for a whopping $200 plus tax. Major dividing opinion on that, others saying the standard stuff of wasting it on such a minor frivolity while others argue the immersion, build experience, and quality make it worth it.

All this and more I look forward to, though the build-a-lightsaber is making me a bit nervous.
Here's a video of the Build-a-Lightsaber experience.

And while you have a limited choice of colors when you build it, you can buy additional kyber crystals (Which determine the color) elsewhere in Galaxy's Edge. The crystals are about $13 plus tax each, and apparently are limited to one per color per customer. (These crystals can also be used with Jedi and Sith Holocrons, which are also sold in the park.)
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:00 AM #3689
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

Then there's the souvenirs, chief among them the build-a-lightsaber for a whopping $200 plus tax. Major dividing opinion on that, others saying the standard stuff of wasting it on such a minor frivolity while others argue the immersion, build experience, and quality make it worth it.
Going to Galaxy's Edge at all is a frivolity, why not make the most out of it?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 04:26 PM #3690
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

The build-a-lightsaber experience is cool, but I wasn't impressed by the parts selection I've seen and I would be more annoyed by the whole ritual they do rather than enjoying it. A lot of the $200 goes towards the experience of building the lightsaber rather than the lightsaber itself, and it's definitely more for the kids, which is fine by me. I might just be better off going the old school route and making a hilt out of a bunch of pipe pieces from Home Depot.
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:09 AM #3691
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

The build-a-lightsaber experience is cool, but I wasn't impressed by the parts selection I've seen and I would be more annoyed by the whole ritual they do rather than enjoying it. A lot of the $200 goes towards the experience of building the lightsaber rather than the lightsaber itself, and it's definitely more for the kids, which is fine by me. I might just be better off going the old school route and making a hilt out of a bunch of pipe pieces from Home Depot.
You gotta remember too it is about moving people through there as well. So they limit the amount of parts so you don't spend 3 hours in the room building a saber.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:17 AM #3692
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

You gotta remember too it is about moving people through there as well. So they limit the amount of parts so you don't spend 3 hours in the room building a saber.
Yep. And that's why I'm saying it's not really for me. It's for the kids and it's more about the experience rather than the actual laser sword. So I'm better off just scratchbuilding something myself.
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:30 AM #3693
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Given the amount of adult YTers who have their own, I'd say that it's for more than just the kids. Really Galaxy's Edge continues the tried and true technque and MO of the parks of appealing to kids AND kids at heart. And G-E also takes the "cast member" and immersion thing of the Disney parks to the next level because of Baatu and Black Spire Outpost being its own area and allowing the various troopers and other characters staying in character at all times and allowing world immersion. Hell I'm tempted to actually get into the spirit of it when I go there and pretend to talk to the troopers and characters as if I were in the actual Galaxy Far Far Away instead of being a random person who may "confuse" the characters by talking about real world stuff.
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:00 AM #3694
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

I'm tempted to actually get into the spirit of it when I go there and pretend to talk to the troopers and characters as if I were in the actual Galaxy Far Far Away instead of being a random person who may "confuse" the characters by talking about real world stuff.
No "tempted" about it for me, I'm going all in.

I figure if I'm going to go for the immersion, I might as well take those few extra steps and really make the most of it like dressing up for a Ren Faire or Pioneer Days festivals. Just something that makes it more fun for me.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:59 AM #3695
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

Make a damaged C-3PO head out of foam then ask all the Stormtroopers "Is this one of the drouds you're looking for?"
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 17th, 2019, 02:08 PM #3696
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Given the amount of adult YTers who have their own, I'd say that it's for more than just the kids.
I wouldn't say a bunch of YouTubers whose content revolve around theme parks and fandom represent the whole of park-goers. Buying merch and showing it off is kind of their thing.

It's definitely kid-focused first and adult fan-focused second. Which it should be. I'd rather it be geared towards kids and risk disappointing adult fans than than the other way around. But I'm already picky as-is and you're paying more for the experience than the saber itself, so I'd rather just tag along and watch my nephews build it and let them have their moment.
Old June 17th, 2019, 04:43 PM #3697
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

I wouldn't say a bunch of YouTubers whose content revolve around theme parks and fandom represent the whole of park-goers. Buying merch and showing it off is kind of their thing.

It's definitely kid-focused first and adult fan-focused second. Which it should be. I'd rather it be geared towards kids and risk disappointing adult fans than than the other way around. But I'm already picky as-is and you're paying more for the experience than the saber itself, so I'd rather just tag along and watch my nephews build it and let them have their moment.
Yeah. Just to bring things up to speed:

While the PR fanbase has its own chip on its shoulder for being a niche fandom and REALLY not mattering when it comes to the financial well-being to its success and failure...Theme Park fandoms are even more so.

Theme parks are tied to specific physical locations. Where getting to those locations can be difficult in of itself due to the cost of travel, housing, food, etc. The type of stuff that's not a persistent issue in most other fandoms. Which means this particular fandom is always destined to be a tiny one.

PR at least has a CHANCE, no matter how minuscule, to hit mainstream success. Theme park fandoms do not.

Then there's the actual demographics and spending habits of people who get into the parks.

Fun fact: companies like Disney do NOT make most of their profit from ticket sales...but instead it's merchandise and food.

In the case of Disney, the high ticket prices are less of Disney being greedy and more of a deterrent to keep crowds down (a tactic that, sadly, is not very effective but Disney's hands are tied from doing anymore). And while yes, everyone needs to get food, merchandise it's a bit tricky. Out-of-town tourists are more likely to buy up merchandise in droves, but the theme park fans, who are more then likely locals, who are there mostly to go on the rides? Not so much.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:50 PM #3698
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Oh don't get me wrong of course it's primarily aimed at kids, but I just feel that it's not fair to forget or discount the older fans who are just as legit excited for the experience and something they get more than likely because they don't now how to create their own DIY saber from scratch, or can't afford the stuff from various online sabersmiths like Ultrasaber or Saberforge., especially considering that Disney and Star Wars really are those things that transcend age demographics. Plus, the quality itself looks pretty good, and the experience itself looks to justify everything.

A lot of my annoyance in fact goes towards the saber aficionados who are quickly jumping down the throat of this whole experience, criticizing the price, quality, and the usual DISNEY IS AN EVIL CORPORATION stuff.
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:00 PM #3699
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

but I just feel that it's not fair to forget or discount the older fans who are just as legit excited for the experience and something they get more than likely because they don't now how to create their own DIY saber from scratch, or can't afford the stuff from various online sabersmiths like Ultrasaber or Saberforge.
I mean, I wasn't in any of my posts. I kept emphasizing how it wasn't for me specifically. If some adult fans enjoy it, good for them. I'm just not one of those fans.
Old June 27th, 2019, 09:11 PM #3700
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

After reading the last few issues of Star Wars the comic, and a Rogue one rewatch, with even a bit of Solo thrown in, I've come to the conclusion the final episode really needs Benthic to appear.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
porgs