Home Menu

Menu

Old June 16th, 2019, 12:35 AM #2341
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Champ wrote: View Post

Good grief. Whoever came up with mantis for the Gold Ranger, needs to be fired.
I don't know about fired, but it's definetly a weird and... pretty unneeded change. I still don't get the point of it. I know Power Rangers has done this kind of thing before, but... nothing about him looks like a mantis.

Could they just not figure out a way to have beetles scream at the screen during the morph sequence?
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 12:46 AM #2342
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

found Nate's morph in action

FlameDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:07 AM #2343
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

This may help a little.
Holy crap, Japan gets away with some crazy things .
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:16 AM #2344
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Theagames10 wrote: View Post

Welp:

It looks like AUSTRALIA will be getting episode 9 next Sunday:

Episode 9: "Silver Sacrifice"!

https://twitter.com/PRToysAu/status/1140041030449815552

Is this feeling like we in the USA will get the return of BM earlier, because this is getting odd!
A Episode focus in Steel, I suppose for now they are going to focus in Steel and Nate until there Megazord debuts
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:37 AM #2345
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Windgrail wrote: View Post

Oh, I understand the mantis thing now. Nate's a boy genius. Sheldon Cooper was a boy genius and was often told he looked like a giant mantis. Also, Fox had a show called Mantis when MMPR was on. Connection is logical.
I didnít realize Mr. Fantastic visited RangerBoard.
LazerwolfX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 07:54 AM #2346
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

There is nothing odd with US airings being behind, it happens all the time with kids' shows. Possibly because US broadcasters time it out to toy releases, but mostly because of no particular reason, like taking random breaks because whatever. Foreign broadcasters are usually not bound by any contract as to when they can air it.
AtoMan is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 08:16 AM #2347
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

AtoMan wrote: View Post

There is nothing odd with US airings being behind, it happens all the time with kids' shows. Possibly because US broadcasters time it out to toy releases, but mostly because of no particular reason, like taking random breaks because whatever. Foreign broadcasters are usually not bound by any contract as to when they can air it.
But the thing is, most TV shows are and it bugs me that Power Rangers doesn't have that clause.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 09:46 AM #2348
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Peter wrote: View Post

Holy crap, Japan gets away with some crazy things .
Go-Busters used American curse words.

Japan IS a crazy thing.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 10:36 AM #2349
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Go-Busters used American curse words.

Japan IS a crazy thing.
I find it funny that out of all the possible examples you could come up with, that's the one you chose.

Even the exploding horse was one of the tamer of the crazy.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 11:03 AM #2350
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Xenotome wrote: View Post

But the thing is, most TV shows are and it bugs me that Power Rangers doesn't have that clause.
Before international markets were a year behind. When SB took over, they made the international markets jump from RPM to Samurai, removing the year gap.

In Europe especially, kids shows air daily. With a lot of other adult shows, they air weekly, so for those shows they don't overtake the US.

I assume PR doesn't have a no skip ahead clause because the international markets would miss out on the peak viewing months, so the show would be less valuable.
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 12:29 PM #2351
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

It might not have a no skip clause because ultimately, it doesn't really matter in the end at least as far as target audiences and business end is concerned. It's just another annoying for the adult fan thing that realistically has no bearing on the show itself and thus the business side doesn't concern itself over it. If the show was bigger with a bigger adult fanbase, maybe it'd be different, but then again the only other third party show comparable to how PR is handled internationally may be Transformers, and that has its own plethora of "annoying to adult fans" things that Hasbro has also been ignoring for years.

There aren't too many big name 3rd party kids shows anymore. Everything is owned and built in-house by a specific network nowadays. If PR was owned or handled more directly by Nick, it probably wouldn't get skipped, but also, wouldn't be as available in international markets either.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 12:57 PM #2352
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Do they? I highly doubt that. Both children and adult programming tend to ocassionally skip ahead the original broadcast. I know disney does have some kind of control over that, yet it still happens for many Disney shows.

big smile wrote: View Post

Before international markets were a year behind. When SB took over, they made the international markets jump from RPM to Samurai, removing the year gap.
Not true, actually.

International markets for PR had a guaranteed license through Jetix channels. When Saban Brands took over, they initially wanted Nickelodeon to have the show worldwide... but that ended after Super Samurai, so certain markets in Europe aired Megaforce on CN, for example. Which is the last season to air here, other seasons are available sub-only on Netflix and only a while after they end airing.

With Hasbro, I've heard hints of the situation changing, so just like MLP and Transformers they order dubs themselves and offer a ready-to-air product, making it much more attractive to licensees than ever before.

Did I mention that some MLP episodes also premiered internationally before US?
Old June 16th, 2019, 02:29 PM #2353
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

It might not have a no skip clause because ultimately, it doesn't really matter in the end at least as far as target audiences and business end is concerned.
Fun fact: In the Saban Ent days, they did have "don't skip ahead clause". In the ending credits, it even says the US is the first country of broadcast. It was annoying when TF aired in the UK, as they had to take a break midway to avoid getting too ahead.

AtoMan wrote: View Post

Not true, actually.

International markets for PR had a guaranteed license through Jetix channels. When Saban Brands took over, they initially wanted Nickelodeon to have the show worldwide... but that ended after Super Samurai, so certain markets in Europe aired Megaforce on CN, for example. Which is the last season to air here, other seasons are available sub-only on Netflix and only a while after they end airing.
I'm pretty sure most (all?) international markets skipped MMPR reversion, which brought them closer to the US airings. If they hadn't skipped it, then we probably wouldn't have this issue.
big smile is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 02:35 PM #2354
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

They did, but then again, that was during Jetix to Disney XD transition, which was a weird time. Bottom line is, the NZ Disney seasons were pretty much guaranteed to run on foreign Jetix channels, unlike Neo Saban with Nick (since it wasn't produced by Nick, obviously).
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:31 AM #2355
> LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

LilyAnnaScott
Tattooed Turtle Ranger

Right Now with how Beast Morphers has been IMO I'd rather watch Samurai, Megaforce and yeah even Super Megaforce...Beast Morphers has just been Blah!!!! The characters are boring, the story is dull and rehashed from other seasons, some really bad casting choices....Hurry up 2021
LilyAnnaScott is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:29 AM #2356
> Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

Lordoftherangers
Power Ranger

LilyAnnaScott wrote: View Post

Right Now with how Beast Morphers has been IMO I'd rather watch Samurai, Megaforce and yeah even Super Megaforce...Beast Morphers has just been Blah!!!! The characters are boring, the story is dull and rehashed from other seasons, some really bad casting choices....Hurry up 2021
How in the hell is Beast Morphers worse than those seasons?

Last edited by Lordoftherangers; June 17th, 2019 at 07:50 AM.
Lordoftherangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:42 AM #2357
> Goseired11
Power Ranger

Goseired11
Power Ranger

LilyAnnaScott wrote: View Post

This....this is a FREEZING Cold take. Like I could understand if you didnít think Beast Morphers was the next great season but saying itís worse than those season is a stretch of astronomical measures lol. All the reasons you claim Beast Morphers is ďbadĒ for is the reason those seasons suck and they did it first long before BM.

Personally I think Beast Morphers is good right now. Itís not in my top 5 or anything but thereís at least potential in this show to be one of those top PR shows if things continue to trend up.
Goseired11 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:46 AM #2358
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Beast Morphers "WORST" the "Super" Samurai, "Super" Megaforce, well this is really out of question, because at least with Beast Morphers we really had more plot going, and eve nnot be a TOP 5 season we are really under the Middle-way season since we had more going later for the devemoment of Beast Morphers...
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:50 AM #2359
> Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

Go-OnGold83
ZyuohTheWorld!!

Lordoftherangers wrote: View Post

How in the hell is Beast Morphers worse than those seasons?
it's the same thing, there's no theme, it's feels like a rehash of every season accept samurai, it feels generic.

Last edited by Go-OnGold83; June 17th, 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Go-OnGold83 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:58 AM #2360
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Go-OnGold83 wrote: View Post

it's the same thing,
But it's got a new hat.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote