Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2019, 02:08 PM #3401
Dead2009's Avatar
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035
Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
Dead2009's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035



Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 12:55 AM #3402
StarTheFixer's Avatar
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,017
StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng
StarTheFixer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,017



Despite the fact that Lego Star Wars Skywalker saga's E3 trailer showed the classic grunting of older Lego games, Travler's Tales confirmed that the game does indeed have voice acting on it. As to if that is just audio ripped from the movies or something original is unknown. Apparently though a lot of fans spoke up about bringing the grunting back and TT said they were taking the feedback seriously, and they may even add a option that will allow voices to be turned off in favor of the classic grunts.

Another interesting thing of this game, you can start the game playing any movie you want in any order, you're not required to start at the first movie like the previous lego star wars games did.

Last edited by StarTheFixer; June 17th, 2019 at 01:25 AM.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 05:46 AM #3403
Dead2009's Avatar
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035
Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
Dead2009's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035



It'll probably be audio ripped from the movies plus additional voice acting.

Avengers Creative Director Says Character Designs Won’t be Changed
https://411mania.com/games/marvel-av...racter-design/

Good, stop giving in to these whiny babies that want something changed every time they don't like the way something looks.

Last edited by Dead2009; June 17th, 2019 at 05:46 AM.
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 12:42 PM #3404
TheLastBlade's Avatar
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,081
TheLastBlade
Power Ranger
TheLastBlade's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,081



Dead2009 wrote: View Post

It'll probably be audio ripped from the movies plus additional voice acting.

Avengers Creative Director Says Character Designs Won’t be Changed
https://411mania.com/games/marvel-av...racter-design/

Good, stop giving in to these whiny babies that want something changed every time they don't like the way something looks.
The only thing I wish from the avengers game is that they get rid of quick time events and set pieces.
TheLastBlade is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 04:35 PM #3405
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,366
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,366



Speaking of the Avengers game, friend of mine says he thinks it's in the same universe as Spider-Man (PS4) although taking place before the events of that game. Thought for a sec, but remembered different companies making them, so not sure on that.
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 04:37 PM #3406
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659



Dead2009 wrote: View Post

Good, stop giving in to these whiny babies that want something changed every time they don't like the way something looks.
"Whiny babies"? If you don't like the way something is, why the fuck would you not try and change it to something you like?
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 05:07 PM #3407
Cuchulainn's Avatar
> Cuchulainn
century color
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,377
Cuchulainn
century color
Cuchulainn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,377



Dead2009 wrote: View Post

Avengers Creative Director Says Character Designs Won’t be Changed
https://411mania.com/games/marvel-av...racter-design/
Didn't learn anything from MvCI, huh?
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:07 PM #3408
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,762
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,762



Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

Didn't learn anything from MvCI, huh?
Either that or they're eyeing what's happening with the Sonic movie and being like:

"...yeah let's NOT."
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:29 PM #3409
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659



TeraMan wrote: View Post

Either that or they're eyeing what's happening with the Sonic movie and being like:

"...yeah let's NOT."
Well, if the backlash against them had been as universal and vehement as that against Sonic, they'd be stupid not to change it. Luckily for them, this isn't nearly that big of a problem.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:36 PM #3410
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,762
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,762



Me personally:

While yeah, that one screenshot that's getting circulated at all the gaming sites isn't the most flattering, in motion during the trailer I felt it wasn't that bad. Hell, I could see the similarities between its art direction and Spider-Man PS4.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:25 PM #3411
Tigran's Avatar
> Tigran
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,871
Tigran
Power Ranger
Tigran's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,871



I'm more concerned about the gameplay of Avengers, which isn't sounding good than the looks right now.
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:23 AM #3412
Dead2009's Avatar
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035
Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
Dead2009's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035



GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

"Whiny babies"? If you don't like the way something is, why the fuck would you not try and change it to something you like?
It's a vocal minority who are complaining about the designs. I guarantee you most people didn't really give a damn about how they looked and they care about how it plays.
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:01 AM #3413
Zeo-Gold92's Avatar
> Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,987
Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'
Zeo-Gold92's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,987



Dead2009 wrote: View Post

It's a vocal minority who are complaining about the designs. I guarantee you most people didn't really give a damn about how they looked and they care about how it plays.
I understood it with MvC:I going by what I saw before launch, it looked really ugly and dull. Especially against the preceeding games which were really nice to look at. I have no issue with Avengers A-Day's visuals. Obviously if they are changing it they see it more than just a minority of people. I don't think it should be something that should always be expected though.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:10 AM #3414
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659



Dead2009 wrote: View Post

It's a vocal minority who are complaining about the designs. I guarantee you most people didn't really give a damn about how they looked and they care about how it plays.
We're not talking about "most people". We're talking about the people who don't like it. What reason is there for them not to complain about it?
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:56 AM #3415
WhiteMystechRanger's Avatar
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,474
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal
WhiteMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,474



Most people didn't buy MvCI due to the horrible designs and the lacking character roster.

Its actually pretty funny watching all the Capcom employees definding the game in retrospect. They must have known MvCI was going to bomb without the X-Men or the F4 as playable characters.

Yes, solid game mechanics are good, but if you remove the rook from chess then it is no longer chess is it? People loved the move sets of these characters so Capcom screwed over their fanbase entirely by bowing to Disney's demands.

As a result, the game sold like crap, future DLC plans were scrapped and it was dropped from tournaments very quickly.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:20 PM #3416
KCJ506's Avatar
> KCJ506
I'm a man of my word
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,634
KCJ506
I'm a man of my word
KCJ506's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,634



WhiteMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Most people didn't buy MvCI due to the horrible designs and the lacking character roster.

Its actually pretty funny watching all the Capcom employees definding the game in retrospect. They must have known MvCI was going to bomb without the X-Men or the F4 as playable characters.

Yes, solid game mechanics are good, but if you remove the rook from chess then it is no longer chess is it? People loved the move sets of these characters so Capcom screwed over their fanbase entirely by bowing to Disney's demands.

As a result, the game sold like crap, future DLC plans were scrapped and it was dropped from tournaments very quickly.

Not to mention the whole "function" comment pissed a lot of people off. Though I think it would have gone better if Combofiend had used Sentinel as an example instead of Magneto. Do I think that would've turned the PR around completely? Absolutely not, but it would've helped I guess.

My problem with MVCI wasn't even the lack of X-men characters. It was the lack of newcomers. The base roster only had five characters that weren't playable in any of the previous games. And even with the MCU focus, it was still missing characters that really should have been no brainers such as Loki, Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man etc.
KCJ506 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:26 PM #3417
Dead2009's Avatar
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035
Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
Dead2009's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035



GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

We're not talking about "most people". We're talking about the people who don't like it. What reason is there for them not to complain about it?
The main complaint is that the characters in the game look nothing like the film adaptations which in this case...they shouldn't because it's not a game based on the movies.
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:28 PM #3418
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659
GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here
GetTheeToABrewery's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,659



Dead2009 wrote: View Post

The main complaint is that the characters in the game look nothing like the film adaptations which in this case...they shouldn't because it's not a game based on the movies.
Wait, I thought the complaint was that they looked exactly like the film adaptations despite this not being based on the movies?
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:32 PM #3419
Dead2009's Avatar
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035
Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru
Dead2009's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,035



GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

Wait, I thought the complaint was that they looked exactly like the film adaptations despite this not being based on the movies?
Nope

From CBR
At E3 2019, Square Enix released the first trailer for its upcoming title Marvel's Avengers. While a some of the initial response was positive, the game's reveal was also met with a fair amount of online criticism. Specifically, many fans took to social media to voice their displeasure with the character designs used for the Avengers themselves.

Marvel's Avengers stars the team of Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor and the Hulk. However, some fans are upset with the fact that game's version of these characters look significantly different than their Marvel Cinematic Universe counterparts.
https://www.cbr.com/marvels-avengers...acter-designs/
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:49 PM #3420
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,366
Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force
Dragonwolf Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 21,366



WhiteMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Most people didn't buy MvCI due to the horrible designs and the lacking character roster.

Its actually pretty funny watching all the Capcom employees definding the game in retrospect. They must have known MvCI was going to bomb without the X-Men or the F4 as playable characters.
The FF have never been in any of the Marvel vs series. Closest thing is Doom and Super Skrull in 3, but Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben have never been in any of them.
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
video games

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.