Menu

Old January 13th, 2011, 02:30 PM #301
> noleafclover1999
MMPR Yellow ^^

noleafclover1999
MMPR Yellow ^^

WhiteTigerZord wrote: View Post

Why not just open a paypal dispute?

This way, you'll either get your money back, or it will scare him into finally getting the shields done.
Isn't there a 60 day limit on opening disputes?
noleafclover1999 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM #302
> Roush9855
Power Ranger

Roush9855
Power Ranger

I think it's 45 days. I am talking to him, and trying to figure out a weekend that I can go down there and help him. It's only a 3hour or so drive..not that far
Roush9855 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM #303
> gagecook45
The Original Badass

gagecook45
The Original Badass

Yeah it's a 45 day limit on disputes, and if you contact them they will tell you tough shi*t. PayPal is just about the rudest company I've ever dealt with. I've had an interesting time in the past month or so with them messing up my account. I was looking to possibly purchase from him, assuming he was still taking orders at the moment... Now it sounds like a no go.
gagecook45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM #304
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

noleafclover1999 wrote: View Post

Isn't there a 60 day limit on opening disputes?
like roush said, its a 45 day limit, and even then your chances are only 50/50 it seems.

I know I may not have the right to say it because I never purchased one myself from him, but at this point maybe it is time a moderater (or decade) stepped up and talked with him too.

Things can go wrong, but a 2 year wait on something is far and beyond any reasonable expliation for a delay, and maybe it's time King either gives a refund to any who would want it, focuses primarily on getting these finished in his spare time while providing a specific time frame of when they will be finished (even if that means loosing an extra hour or two of sleep each nite to put towards this), or get hit with the scammer tag (not that that would do much at this point, seeing as he doesnt really come around anymore anyway).

just my 2 cents.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:09 PM #305
> D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

Thing is, about the refund:

Who knows if he even has their money anymore?
D-D-D-Demon! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM #306
> gagecook45
The Original Badass

gagecook45
The Original Badass

Green ranger / Dragon ranger armor package w/ options

The Demon Ranger wrote: View Post

Thing is, about the refund:

Who knows if he even has their money anymore?
Well paypal insures your purchases for 45 days, theoretically. They HAVE to refund you. And in return he HAS to refund them. The problem with that is that paypal can't force anyone to give them money, as they are not a federally insured bank. Upon signing up for paypal you are not even required to give them your social security number.
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM #307
> D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

Yeah, but it's been far over 45 days for most people here.
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM #308
> gagecook45
The Original Badass

gagecook45
The Original Badass

Green ranger / Dragon ranger armor package w/ options

The Demon Ranger wrote: View Post

Yeah, but it's been far over 45 days for most people here.
Exactly, so all paypal is gonna do is tell you that they are intended for short term purchases and that they can't do anything for you. They're relying on the seller now.
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:17 PM #309
> Roush9855
Power Ranger

Roush9855
Power Ranger

Well he did say he was trying his best to finish stuff up. The main reason he wanted me to come besides helping, is to pass the knowledge and know how on to me.
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM #310
> WhiteTigerZord
mmAndrew

WhiteTigerZord
mmAndrew

Roush9855 wrote: View Post

Well he did say he was trying his best to finish stuff up. The main reason he wanted me to come besides helping, is to pass the knowledge and know how on to me.
No doubt, you would carry the business MUCH better
WhiteTigerZord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM #311
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

i wasnt sayin paypal would refund the money, i was saying he do it straight from his pocket
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:41 PM #312
> Roush9855
Power Ranger

Roush9855
Power Ranger

Well I just emailed him again, so we shall see when I'm going to go help. I can see why it's taking him soo long...I mean the guy just went through a divorce.
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:15 PM #313
> miserere
Power Ranger

miserere
Power Ranger

Nipu wrote: View Post

Only a year and a half? Try over two years. I sent him payment for mine on Dec. 19, 2008.
Actually, I paid around the same time as you, so it's actually two years now (not counting how long it's going to take now). I honestly forgot how long it has been.

Worst part was, King decided to do an initial Run of 5 in the beginning, but I literally begged him to let me be the 6th (as he explained this would technically be free shipping for everyone else's order) and that I would get my shield about the same time as the first run. I did not get mine like everyone, nor did I get them for August 2009 which I specifically asked him to for my convention.

For about two months I have not seen King active anywhere, and considering it says "Ready to Ship" right beside my name, you'd think he would try to ship it by now. Nothing. Woopee!

As for people who are saying he's been through a lot, yes it's true. However, he did not have a divorce last year, or even two years ago, did he? No just recently. How in the world would it take anyone that long to make a shield? I'm not a prop maker, but if I knew it was going to take that long, I would have at least warned the customers before taking their money. Jesus.

I'm starting to get annoyed with other sellers on RangerBoard. Everyone else who is trying to sell their stuff honestly have to live up to the expectations of the "awesome" prop makers, yet these "awesome" prop makers have fallen behind on time, quality, or not even making their orders period. I say of course from my experience: King and Sushiya. Even recently Buzz himself took a long time to ship out putty masks/gloves. Everyone else gets a scammer tag, but King and Sushiya have not. What is up with these double standards here?
miserere is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM #314
> D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

I'm going to have to agree. I was pretty vocal when it came to the problems the others ran into when they were expecting their orders from Buzz, and my opinion is no different here.
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:10 PM #315
> Toliver 2.0
Dey took iz jerrrb?!

Toliver 2.0
Dey took iz jerrrb?!

I agree that there is oftentimes a bit of a double standard here in the aforementioned regard. Had my own issue with another propmaker.

However, I wanted to add that PayPal does take into account the AMOUNT of complaints a certain user receives. I'm pretty sure that, if a bunch of active and upstanding users were to come and complain about items not received and had some correspondence lending some credo to their accusations, it may put some gears in motion. Slim chance given the time frame here, but a chance. The correspondence would be a big factor in all of it... specifically how recent it goes forward and how consistent it remains.
Toliver 2.0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:13 AM #316
> MnemonicSyntax
Banned

MnemonicSyntax
Banned

I'm going to step foward and say there is no double standard here. In fact, I didn't even know about this thread or these issues. Has anyone contacted a Mod or Decade about this directly in the past?

I agree I see some issues with the Sushiya stuff, but it's my understanding that everyone's getting the stuff they ordered, it's just taking a ridiculously long time to get it?

I have no problem with taking some action if I know about it. That's what we're here for.

I'll be looking into this today, both this issue and with Sushiya. I'll have a report for you later on in the day or tomorrow pending hearing back from Decade on her input and thoughts on this debaucle.
MnemonicSyntax is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:35 AM #317
> movieranger
THE POWER IS ON!!!

movieranger
THE POWER IS ON!!!

miserere wrote: View Post

I'm starting to get annoyed with other sellers on RangerBoard. Everyone else who is trying to sell their stuff honestly have to live up to the expectations of the "awesome" prop makers, yet these "awesome" prop makers have fallen behind on time, quality, or not even making their orders period. I say of course from my experience: King and Sushiya. Even recently Buzz himself took a long time to ship out putty masks/gloves. Everyone else gets a scammer tag, but King and Sushiya have not. What is up with these double standards here?
I understand you are definitely upset at not getting your product on time, but I think suggesting that these propmakers get a scammer tag is a bit harsh. I personally have never ordered anything from these guys, but I've talked with them over the years and Buzz and King seem pretty honest in my book. They even went out of their way to help me with my projects while working on other props.

Not to get into their private lives, but you have to understand they are just one person. You're not talking about Amazon. Unfortunately when life hits them, it's going to hit you too....that's just the way it is(speaking from experience). In your defense though, communication is key. I know that these guys take their work seriously. I hope you get your items soon, those things look pretty awesome.
movieranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM #318
> Techkman
Ceiling Zaku

Techkman
Ceiling Zaku

MnemonicSyntax wrote: View Post

Has anyone contacted a Mod or Decade about this directly in the past?

I agree I see some issues with the Sushiya stuff, but it's my understanding that everyone's getting the stuff they ordered, it's just taking a ridiculously long time to get it?
Not to thread jack, but he only seems to do his ebay customers nowadays, hell I can't even recall when I spoke with him last -and thats with me sending a 2 weekly e-mail asking what state it's in- cause he never replies...

Personally I consider it money lost, lesson learned and apparently so have allot of other people.
Techkman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:11 AM #319
> Roush9855
Power Ranger

Roush9855
Power Ranger

Well I have been in constant communication with him and I just told him about the situation, so maybe he'll get on here. I don't know. But I guess I will wait to see what he says.
Old January 15th, 2011, 12:48 AM #320
> miserere
Power Ranger

miserere
Power Ranger

MnemonicSyntax wrote: View Post

~SNIP~
I have not personally contacted a mod or Decade because IIRC, it always seemed that the mods would check on every thread. So, the need to contact them was unnecessary.

Sushiya has been very untimely with my orders, and managed to screw my orders up more than 3 times (thus me spending tons of money to get everything fixed by shipping it all back to him, and only have to ship it again because he made the same screw ups) and his communication is less than crummy. I have emailed him plenty of times, and the last I heard of him was November 22 2010 stating:

Hi

i'm sorry again.
So i'll sent you Yellow helmet with plexi visor and yellow boots about end of Nov. please email me agian end of Nov for asking.

But thank you for looking into this. I honestly appreciate that.

movieranger wrote: View Post

~SNIP~
I am not suggesting that these propmakers get a scammer tag simply because of what happened to me, I am also implying there is some favoritism going on here. Buzz, King, and Sushiya have proven to be very good propmakers. However, recently they have fallen behind on time, quality of their products, or simply not completing their orders altogether. There must be consistency with who gets a scammer tag, and it seems that with the amount of complaints from King and Sushiya's customers, you'd think they would receive something negative by now.

And, situations that have caused them delays haven't been there since I have bought from them until RECENTLY, so there is no excuse as to why I haven't received anything from either of them!
miserere is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote