> ⚡OPTICS
SP02

32 eBay
OPTICS
SP02

32 eBay

Dragon Ball Super - Toys and Roleplay - Bandai of America

Starting in 2017.....

LOS ANGELES (Date) Ė Toei Animation Inc. continues its long toy collaboration with Bandai by announcing the launch of a toy line dedicated to the hit series, Dragon Ball Super. Set to launch in the United States in Summer 2017, Bandaiís expansive line includes detailed figures, collectible sets, and role play items.

Reuniting the franchiseís iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super follows the aftermath of Gokuís fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain Earthís fragile peace. Overseen by Dragon Ballís original creator, Akira Toriyama, and produced with Japanís Fuji TV, Dragon Ball Super draws on its thirty year history to create a bold, new universe that is welcoming to fans and endearing to new viewers.

ďBandaiís creative ambition is at full force with the release of their exciting Dragon Ball Super catalog,Ē said Masayuki Endo, President of Toei Animation Inc. ďThe toys recognize the Dragon Ball franchiseís long history and appeal to a wide variety of audiences and we look forward to aggressively building out the licensing component of this franchise.Ē

The toys are developed by Bandai America Incorporated, which is the manufacturer and master toy licensee of some of the most popular brands in children's toys and interactive entertainment today. The product line will have an MSRP range from $3.99 to $19.99. Their diverse features reflect Dragon Ballís popularity among a new generation of fans both young and old.
http://www.toei-animation-usa.com/pr...s_draft4v2.pdf

Spin Battlers 2.5 Inch Action Figures
These mighty battle figures are designed with articulation for signature battle moves. To battle, place figure on top of a spinner and connect up to 3 other spinners. Slide the pad on the spinner back and forth to make your figure spin and battle. The last figure still on top of its spinner wins! You can collect figures in three different ways; blind bags, single figure pack (includes spinner), or 2 figure battle packs (includes 2 spinners). There are initially 7 figures to collect; Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta, Frieza, Beerus, Wis, Picollo, and Majin-Buu. Each sold separately unless grouped in a 2 pack. Blind bags include figure only.

Power Up Feature 3.5-Inch Action Figures
With ďpowering upĒ action, kids will be able to recreate some of Dragon Ballís most intense scenes as their favorite characters burst into super battle form by blasting off their shirt or armor. Characters included in the initial release are Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta and Frieza. Each sold separately.

Dragon Stars Series 6.5-Inch Poseable Action Figures
This series of highly detailed and poseable figures with 16 or more points of articulation will include characters from Dragon Ballís rich history. Characters announced for the 1st wave include Super Saiyan Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus. The 2nd wave will include Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta, and Frieza in Final Form. Figures come packaged with an exclusive collectible piece that can be combined to form the dragon Shenron. Each figure sold separately.

Final Attack 7 Inch-Action Figures
Sculpted in final attack position, fans can crank up Super Saiyan Goku or Vegeta with their signature energy blast disk. Then with a press of a button, launch the energy blast from the figureís hands to take out their enemies where they stand. Each sold separately.

Deluxe Scouter (Role Play)
Faithfully-reproduced in two styles, green or red lens, these highly detailed and adjustable headsets feature signature Dragon Ball sounds to allow kids to become their favorite characters and re-enact their favorite scenes. Each sold separately.

Deluxe Kamehameha Shooter (Role Play)
Now the power to unleash Gokuís Kahmehahmeha blast is in your hands. Attach to wrist and insert the energy ball into the wristband and youíll begin to hear Ka-me-ha-me- and when you press the button to fire the energy ball, the final ďhaaaĒ will be heard as the energy ball blasts through the air to take out your enemies.
OPTICS is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 04:45 AM #2
> RisingSunRanger
Banned

RisingSunRanger
Banned

Not keen on figures under 4 inches, but the power up gimmick sounds like it could make up for the small size. 'Bout time we got a Scouter too.
RisingSunRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 07:24 AM #3
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

I swear, the NYCC news just keeps getting better and better!!!

Highly interested in the 6.5". Since Bandai is making the Power Rangers in that scale now, "Legacy" style Dragon Ball Figures could prove to be that fill in for Figuarts I've been wanting.

Not saying the Figuarts aren't bad... I just can't buy every single one and I like having more accessibility to the ones I want. This also could be the chance to finally get other figures and fan favorites than just Goku/Vegeta/Frieza...

You know, I haven't been insanely a fan of Bandai's DB figures, but I'll give props to Irwin/Jakks... they may not of had the best sculpts, but boy, could they give you figures. I hope that 6.5" line takes that route. Could finally get Tien, Yamcha, Bulma... and so forth.
Lord Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 07:47 AM #4
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

This is great, finally some DB toys are going to be on the shelves in the US again. Can't wait for when they get to the Universe 6 arc, I need me a Hit figure.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 09:06 PM #5
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

I'll certainly get Vegeta and Super Saiyan Vegeta. If Beerus looks good enough, I'll get him too. I hope Hit and Zamasu get figures too.

Last edited by Lord-Zero; October 9th, 2016 at 09:32 PM.
Lord-Zero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 10:09 PM #6
> Garrek45
Power Ranger

Garrek45
Power Ranger

Anyone know which scouter they are sending over?
Is it just the same $10-$15 "candyesc" scouter that has been making it's way over in cons or is it one of the "scouter" toys that look nothing like the ones in the show and have a gimmick?
Garrek45 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:27 PM #7
> Green Goblin
Banned

Green Goblin
Banned

you can get a scouter from hot topic thats where i got one of mine
Green Goblin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 07:53 AM #8
> rocky505
Writer of PRLW

rocky505
Writer of PRLW

Green Goblin wrote: View Post

you can get a scouter from hot topic thats where i got one of mine
I've seen them at Books-A-Million and Barnes and Nobles too.

These things look great though. I just hope we get more diversity in the figures aside from Goku and Vegeta.
rocky505 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 12:35 PM #9
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Well they're out!!! GameStop has what's called Assortment A and B. A has SS Goku, Beerus and Vegeta. B is SS Vegeta, Goku and Frieza. The B Assortment isn't showing until October, but that could just be a placeholder for now. Super excited!!

Old July 1st, 2017, 02:10 PM #10
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Ahh, lucky! None of mine have them yet. So these are in scale with the Legacy PR figures, right?
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 02:15 PM #11
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Yep, 6.5"! I haven't had a chance to open them yet. But they look pretty decent. I was in that store last weekend and they didn't have them... so they must be a very recent release.
Old July 1st, 2017, 04:41 PM #12
> MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

Ugh just release the !@#$ Shenron BAF as its own thing its all I want anyway
MysteryRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 04:57 PM #13
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

MysteryRanger wrote: View Post

Ugh just release the !@#$ Shenron BAF as its own thing its all I want anyway
For all the figures, combined, you're better off getting the Figuarts Shenron release, if preorders are still up. I'm down for a Scouter, though.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 04:49 PM #14
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

I'm super curious to see a good in-depth look at these. I'm assuming they're basically the Legacy Power Rangers figures, but with a slick coat of Dragon Ball over the top?

If so, I'm likely to stick with the Figuarts; they're only getting better, plus they're finally adding more variety into the mix. Of course, I can never have too many Goku figures (I think my collection is currently on 14), so depending on how good he looks loose I might hunt him. Sell him to me, Taichi! Make me want him!
JaimeZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 08:01 PM #15
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

I'm super curious to see a good in-depth look at these. I'm assuming they're basically the Legacy Power Rangers figures, but with a slick coat of Dragon Ball over the top?

If so, I'm likely to stick with the Figuarts; they're only getting better, plus they're finally adding more variety into the mix. Of course, I can never have too many Goku figures (I think my collection is currently on 14), so depending on how good he looks loose I might hunt him. Sell him to me, Taichi! Make me want him!
Okay! I'll do my best, lol!

Really and honestly. These blow the Irwin and Jakks figures completely out of the water. Really, these are the best American figures made. And that's saying something as the Jakks and Irwin ones really set the bar.

Vegeta is easily the best. Beerus is next, sorry Jamie, but Goku is the weakest. Only because his gi is that odd, almost puke orange like what Figuarts SS3 Goku was wearing... not quite the same, but it's not the vibrant orange that's shown in the promo shots. Otherwise, I think he'd be a perfect version. What I will address is I'm not a huge fan of the Japanese hair sculpts. I never think they're dead on sans a couple. This SS Goku and Vegeta have, at least to me, very accurate hair sculpts.

Some pros and cons.

Pros:
- Goku and Vegeta's hair are far more like their anime counterparts than Figuarts.
- Joints on all are tight and hold positions well.
- Accurately proportioned. No odd shoulders, chest articulation like the Power Rangers.
- Completely night and day to the Legacy figures. Kinda odd that they're from the same company.
- Paint looks good, not as clean as Figuarts.
- Extra hands... not really much else.
- Shenron actually looks like a molded version of the Figuarts.

Cons:
- Goku and Vegeta's faces are a little "squished". Meaning they're a little flat from nose to back of head. I don't find it to be an issue, but Figuarts wins here.
- Goku's gi color.

Not much on cons. I need to play around with them a little more... but being someone that has been on and off on Figuarts, I think these fit me better as I can't buy every one. Figuarts are great, but I can buy 2 of these for the price of one Figuart. Plus the availability and less likely to lose out on a preorder is a huge plus.

Let me just reiterate this... THESE ARE FAR BETTER THAN THE LEGACY POWER RANGERS.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:32 AM #16
> JaimeZeo
K, then.

JaimeZeo
K, then.

I see what you mean about the hair sculpts, as that's something I've thought about Figuarts too; especially every Super Saiyan Goku they've done. They make the hair just too... big and voluminous, I guess, like a powered-up L'Oreal advert.

I think the intention with the gi colour is to show he's Super Saiyan, so they brighten it and try to make it look a bit more "golden". I think the Banpresto DBZ intro collection did it best; here it's got the same problem as the Figuarts. Damn. Other than that, he looks great! Proportions look potentially better than Figuarts, and I've always oddly liked metallic paint on Super Saiyan hair; I've always felt it's not supposed to be blonde, it's supposed to be all glowy and special.

So yeah, still tempted; I might wait and see how regular black hair Goku looks. Vegeta looks good but his legs look a bit long, making him way too tall next to Goku. Beerus looks amazing, though! Overall they're definitely off to a good start, and I'm glad they've turned out so well; I feel like the lack of accessories and the build-a-figure nature suits these guys FAR better than the Power Rangers line.
JaimeZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:45 AM #17
> Havoc0213
Power Ranger

Havoc0213
Power Ranger

I'm really tempted to get these figures now. Figuarts are nice but way too expensive for me to keep up. That and I wasn't around for the beginning of that line so I'm missing a lot of previously released characters. Definitely curious to see where this new line will go next!
Havoc0213 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 06:17 AM #18
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

A Broly BAF would totally work... cause past Shenron and Porunga I have no clue WHAT the BAF would be. Maybe a Frieza Form 2 and 3 could be BAF, or something like Android 16 or 19. They're going to have to do characters to keep up that gimmick, so finding one that works actually isn't too hard.

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

I see what you mean about the hair sculpts, as that's something I've thought about Figuarts too; especially every Super Saiyan Goku they've done. They make the hair just too... big and voluminous, I guess, like a powered-up L'Oreal advert.

I think the intention with the gi colour is to show he's Super Saiyan, so they brighten it and try to make it look a bit more "golden". I think the Banpresto DBZ intro collection did it best; here it's got the same problem as the Figuarts. Damn. Other than that, he looks great! Proportions look potentially better than Figuarts, and I've always oddly liked metallic paint on Super Saiyan hair; I've always felt it's not supposed to be blonde, it's supposed to be all glowy and special.

So yeah, still tempted; I might wait and see how regular black hair Goku looks. Vegeta looks good but his legs look a bit long, making him way too tall next to Goku. Beerus looks amazing, though! Overall they're definitely off to a good start, and I'm glad they've turned out so well; I feel like the lack of accessories and the build-a-figure nature suits these guys FAR better than the Power Rangers line.
Agreed on all fronts. I've always liked the "golden" look of Super Saiyan. It just appears more "powerful". Regular Goku is going to be a huge thing for me. Figuarts Goku never looked right on the hair. If they can keep the gi orange and get the hair right, then we may have a potentially the "best" looking Goku to date. Figuarts always makes him look like he's got a high brow, and it just looks weird.

Yeah, Bandai seems more about keeping the figures "scaled" the same... so Vegeta looks a little lanky cause he's the same height as Goku, which Figuarts has done better. But I think too, that in Super, and actually over time, he's gotten a little taller than when he first appeared. Art has changed too, but I agree, he should have been a little shorter. But I like that his boot toes are painted... I think the Figuarts version missed that originally too.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 03:28 AM #19
> Nekozen
Power Ranger

Nekozen
Power Ranger

Inb4 they make a Broly Build a figure wave, where BaF Broly is gonna be the cheaper option to an figuarts, which is an instant purchase for me.

Oh and that Frieza too, so basicly looking forward to more future waves if this initial shenron wave does well, like a cheaper Krillin, and Androids 17,18.

Shame they couldn't just incorporate swappable heads for saiyan forms, rather have that than a bunch of vegetas and gokus body reuse...
Nekozen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 10:09 PM #20
> There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

There D Hood
Follow me @There_D_Hood

Nekozen wrote: View Post

Shame they couldn't just incorporate swappable heads for saiyan forms, rather have that than a bunch of vegetas and gokus body reuse...
I think that's my biggest problem here. They should've done Piccolo and Super Saiyan God Goku instead. Let's hope this isn't a dumb trend. I shouldn't have to buy Super Saiyan Tween Gohan (who hopefully has a cape) and then a Super Saiyan 2 Tween Gohan. Super Saiyan 3 Goku should be the only exception but then I'd dread if there was a Super Saiyan 2 Goku figure...
There D Hood is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote