[ERROR]

any updates to finish 2011 Ed?
Voyager is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM #462
> Voyager
[ERROR]

Voyager
[ERROR]

King, update? 4 years wait now... It's beyond a joke!
I'm a very understanding person, I appreciate all you have gone through and the set backs you have suffered, but anyone, anyone who heard that we gave you $300 and after this much time had nothing to show for it, they'd call us all a bunch of mugs!
I would please like a photo for each of us still waiting, individually demonstrating how far through construction you are on each of our shields, aswell as an honest and realistic estimate on when our items will be finished and shipped.
I don't think regular updates is too much to ask! I mean the first post was last edited months ago as all 'being packed'... hmm
I hate having to talk to you like this, I probably sound like a jerk, but it's just getting rediculous now!
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:27 PM #463
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you Tom. I didn't see your last response and just checked my other FB and saw that you messaged me there.

#1. It hasn't been 4 yrs. though 2008 - 2012 may be 4yrs in number. 11/08 - 01/12 is still 3yrs and change. However I feel like your goal was to make it look as bad as possible.

#2. I have an update thread in the marketplace here: http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=151307 where I mention that I had to re-adhere the inside of your shield. Another issue was that I had to redo a lot of the center diamonds due to an accident that chipped or cracked most of them. In fact, I am going back over to the workshop tomorrow to pack up 4 shields and yes one of them was yours, oddly convenient isn't it? However, the truth of it is, that is exactly what I am doing because it is an off day for me. I worked on hobby stuff yesterday, today, and will continue tomorrow making it the first time I didn't JUST work on Sunday in over 2 years.

My holidays where hell, not sure about yours, and I just got back onto projects after them and even worked on this stuff on my birthday (yesterday).

I make sure I am always in some way reachable. Oli talks to me almost daily, I also talk to Mark, Dave, Danielle, etc. by MSN, AIM, Yahoo, FB chat, also etc. I am not a difficult person to speak to.

In lieu of the long wait, I've told people on the list that I plan to make amends in the form of many free items such as the upcoming dragon dagger I've almost completed with sheath that is copied off of a screen used dragon ranger sheath among other things. I've thanked everyone for being so patient and especially those that knew I took time out to mold and cast Mammothranger helmets for J and through all the divorce and family crap I went through.

I've said to any and everyone that if you want off this list or if you are tired of waiting, just contact me and I will gladly refund your money and I completely understand.

So how about this, I will take a photo of your finished shield that I am packing tomorrow, refund your money to you with interest, apologize profusely for wasting your time, and we'll just never deal with each other again, and I'll sell your shield to one of the other people that have messaged me about them. That work for you, let me know?

Because, for me that saves me the trouble of giving them free stuff and kissing their ass to make it up to them.

And for your information, there are plenty of other projects that have been going on much longer for much more money. Also, it's spelled 'ridiculous'.

BTW, this response could just be because I've had a really rough day or maybe it's because you indirectly called me a joke, either way we can continue this here or on FB or wherever you want.

Last edited by King Ranger; January 15th, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
King Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:16 PM #464
> nickshaw2814
Yamato Tribe Knight

eBay
nickshaw2814
Yamato Tribe Knight

eBay

Pm'd you King
nickshaw2814 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM #465
> Voyager
[ERROR]

Voyager
[ERROR]

My goal was to get a response, cos from where I was sitting, I felt I was being ignored. It wasnt to make it look bad... it is bad! I just wanted some acknowledgment.

#2. Ok, fair do's, you have made updates but in a place I knew nothing about. Im busy too Ed, I dont have time to keep up with everything on the board anymore, so no, I didnt know about your other thread. Perhaps if you had told me... but never mind that.

Holidays were ok, thanks. Sorry yours were not.

I posted on your thread.. no response. I messaged your facebook.. no response. I dont use any of the instant messenger services anymore, I dont have time. Perhaps I should have tried other methods, email, whatever, but the point is as a seller I feel you should be monitoring this thread regularly. We shouldnt have to chase you.

I know about the other things you have done, I have myself thanked you many times, expressed my appreciation, up till now our communications have been nothing but friendly! I told you many times Im happy to wait as long as it takes cos I know these things take time. I just want to be kept in the loop, thats all! As for freebies, very good of you to make apologies in the way of gifts, but I never asked for anything extra. I just wanted the shield, or to know it was still on its way.

Ed, perhaps my message sounded bitchy, I said above that I felt like a jerk posting it, but think about it, really think about it, can you blame me for it, really? I dont want a refund, I dont want to 'never deal with you again', I never asked for a refund, not even above. I just want an update! thats all! lol

Your other projects, well, I dont really know why your on about that. Im not. In addition, picking on spelling.... sorry im not perfect. That was petty, very petty.

I didnt call or imply YOU, asin you personally, were a joke, just the wait. 3 and a bit years, as you corrected me, is still a very long time! its splitting hairs really, and is in my mind, 'ridiculous'

Now let me clarify.
I NEVER moaned about the wait until now.
I NEVER asked for a refund, nor do I want one.
I NEVER asked for freebies, nor do I expect any.

All I wanted, was an update. I expected your response to be understanding of my position, and simply putting 'oh sorry tom, times have been hard, here is your picture- X and your shield is being posted in....x amount of time.'
I didnt expect you to flip out, and make this personal.
I still want the shield, im hoping your still willing to provide it, but overall im quiet disheartened by your reaction.
Old January 16th, 2012, 03:03 PM #466
> Red-Space-Ranger
Legendary Digital Suit Up

Red-Space-Ranger
Legendary Digital Suit Up

Just PM'ed you on Fb Tom!
Red-Space-Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM #467
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay

Ok Tom. First of let me apologize for how I responded. Like I said at the end of the previous response, I had an incredibly bad day and having you not only pop an extra year onto my already depressing timeline but also come at me like I'm trying to avoid you, especially after I had been spending the past now three days working on stuff, set me off little.

However, this is not an excuse just an explanation. So, instead let me do this:

This is your shield and Nipu's shield, I just noticed that I forgot to add the collar trim BUT I'm going back over after work tomorrow to remedy that and pack you two.

These are all the diamonds that I had to repair from the mishap that led so many to crack or shatter. Having plenty of putty but not as much resin lead me to repair instead of cast again. Now they are all ready for paint again.

This is a firm foam shield, like yours and Nipu's, this one is actually Technoboots. As you can see, the valleys are crisp and the fabric is holding REALLY well:

This is a softer foam shield and, as you can see, it is not holding as well. This one is SexyWhiteRanger's:

This is another shot of a softer shield, Mainstream's actually. I've already talked to him about possibly sending this one so that he'll have one and completely remaking him another soft shield:

So that's where we stand. Diamonds need to be repainted, your shield and Nipu's just need that collar trim that I forgot (I made tons so that I don't forget it again) and then shipping. Soft foam guys (both of them) I'll either have to recover or send them this one and remake them another shield. Rest of the folks are coming along.

I already have boxes and packing peanuts for you and Nipu ready to go. I told Nipu I should be able to ship him on Wednesday and you'll be shortly after. Realistically, I'm going to get shipping for your shield priced so I will know whether I have to wait until payday (the 25th) or if I can mail it out asap. I can let you know then.
Old January 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM #468
> Technoboots
AbareMax

Technoboots
AbareMax

The pic of mine looks great, really crisp and sharp. Really glad I went with the firmer foam now.
Technoboots is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 05:45 AM #469
> Heroofthetimes
Super Silverizer!!!!

Heroofthetimes
Super Silverizer!!!!

nice
Heroofthetimes is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 06:49 PM #470
> Voyager
[ERROR]

Voyager
[ERROR]

Apology accepted Ed, we were both at fault for... perhaps lack of good handling. If your good, we should think nothing more of it.
As for the shield, it looks fantastic, and an update like this was all I wanted. Thanks again for your continued hard work, I look forward to recieving it!
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM #471
> RevenFranky22
Power Ranger

RevenFranky22
Power Ranger

Might I say first off that this is my first post as a new member and love the board, very very helpful for many things. Two, your work Mr. King Ranger is amazing!! Your shields are top notch grade A from every review I've seen and read. I am wanting to put together a Dragon Ranger cosplay when I get the funds, and your the first/only person I will order a shield from! Though it might have been asked before, what is the average waiting time from order and payment to delivery? With the quality products you release and order backlogs, I can imagine a while, but would be more then worth the wait!!
RevenFranky22 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM #472
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay

RevenFranky22 wrote: View Post

Though it might have been asked before, what is the average waiting time from order and payment to delivery?
Thanks for the kind words, but I have no idea at the moment what 'true; turnaround time would be. I still have about 7 people waiting for shields before I even consider taking new orders.

Luckily I just made a set up so that I can work on stuff at my apt so I'm hoping to have more time to work on these. Check my FB page for future info. http://www.facebook.com/kingranger/
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM #473
> Jayman777
Power Ranger

Jayman777
Power Ranger

Does anyone know where I can get a full costume with everything? I know I'm probably going to have to save up, but I don't care I want one.
Jayman777 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:23 PM #474
> JakeMoore
Green With Evil

JakeMoore
Green With Evil

http://www.facebook.com/anikicosu
JakeMoore is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM #475
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

Jayman777 wrote: View Post

Does anyone know where I can get a full costume with everything? I know I'm probably going to have to save up, but I don't care I want one.
please search a little better. there is a full stickied thread at the top that tells you all the information you need.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:43 AM #476
> pursuit
OLD SCHOOL POWER RANGER!!

pursuit

I may consider this. My priorities are the Black MMPR and Red Time Force. But I do want to do the Red MMPR with Dragon dagger, shield, and Power sword.
pursuit is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:48 AM #477
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

pursuit wrote: View Post

I may consider this. My priorities are the Black MMPR and Red Time Force. But I do want to do the Red MMPR with Dragon dagger, shield, and Power sword.
you may consider what?

this thread is for King to update those who he still has orders with for the sheields he made that, due to various reasons, were delayed quite extensively in finishing. he has stated that he has no intention in the near future to take on more orders.

If you want to do armored tyranno ranger, i would suggest contacting Aniki. It will cost you about a grand or so for the full suit, then all you need is the dagger and sword.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:06 AM #478
> pursuit

pursuit

Sorry I meant that the armor looks great. I didn't realize it was a limited run. But yeah, I've got Aniki's contact info. Cause that's who I'll be going through.

Thanks for the info.
pursuit is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM #479
> Sirius_Cruger
ROTJ Fett 10% complete

Sirius_Cruger
ROTJ Fett 10% complete

yay an update. just when I was wondering whats up. glad you're still goin.
Sirius_Cruger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM #480
> funnaejc
Power Ranger

funnaejc
Power Ranger

Are you still making these shields king?? I want one so bad!
funnaejc is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote