Home Menu

Menu

Old February 9th, 2011, 06:44 AM #361
> MnemonicSyntax
Banned

MnemonicSyntax
Banned

Mmmm, I'm going to let the pubilc decide this one.

Should I, much like I did Sushiya, provide King with a Scammer Tag until he manages to make all these wrongs right? The case is a bit different here, remember, in that King isn't doing any further business here or anywhere else that I'm aware of.
MnemonicSyntax is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:14 AM #362
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

while I personally am not involved in these transactions, I have followed the thread for most of its lifespan (and had even planned to have one made for me, before things went down the drain).

Personally, I feel he deserves it at this point, but like it has been stated, he is no longer active here so its almost following the "beating a dead horse" analogy.

Even legally speaking, I belive this has passed the point in any statue of limitations for the affected members to file a joint case in a civil court to recover the money.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:16 AM #363
> Argus
Time Master

Argus
Time Master

Empirically, he has 'earned' it.

And this is from someone who is friends with him (online, but friendly all the same)

It should be from a standard criteria. If someone hasn't delivered after a period of time, it should apply. I think we have stuff a year old here?

That's my $.02
Argus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM #364
> Slowking
Power Ranger

Slowking
Power Ranger

MnemonicSyntax wrote: View Post

Mmmm, I'm going to let the pubilc decide this one.

Should I, much like I did Sushiya, provide King with a Scammer Tag until he manages to make all these wrongs right? The case is a bit different here, remember, in that King isn't doing any further business here or anywhere else that I'm aware of.
I'd say yes, I really feel bad for the people who lost so much money. If he manages to finish all orders then that's fine, he can have it removed I guess, but for now I think he sort of deserves it. A scammer tag might not even do anything, but it's the least you could do right? Still just my opinion.
Slowking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 07:33 AM #365
> MnemonicSyntax
Banned

MnemonicSyntax
Banned

All good points folks, but I'd also like to get some of the affected member's opinions it as well.
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:04 AM #366
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

Argus wrote: View Post

Empirically, he has 'earned' it.

And this is from someone who is friends with him (online, but friendly all the same)

It should be from a standard criteria. If someone hasn't delivered after a period of time, it should apply. I think we have stuff a year old here?That's my $.02
double that. Im pretty sure most people waiting on them are either at, close to, or over the 2 year mark at this point
Old February 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM #367
> stringfellowhawke
Power Ranger

stringfellowhawke
Power Ranger

I agree with what Argus said above as well. He said it best.
stringfellowhawke is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM #368
> miserere
Power Ranger

miserere
Power Ranger

I didn't want to say anything because King told me he was going to make his return to RB last Sunday, and I didn't see him on. So here I am now.

I have been refunded my money last Friday, as I no longer have a need for the shield (bought it for my now ex-boyfriend), and while I did not get $400 CAD that I spent to buy it two and some years ago, he did manage to refund most of my money back to me, which is more than fine.

He has also promised, due to the wait time he gave me, to keep me updated with other future projects he has set in store. He has allowed me a few sneak peeks of these future projects during the time I have waited for the shields, and he has told me that once he is finished, he can move on to "bigger and better things".

Of course, that won't excuse other customers who have yet to be given anything, but I thought I should let everyone know what's happening on my end.
miserere is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM #369
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

awsome to hear the good news miserere.

tag or not, hopefully he will finish these and get everything squared away.

As bad as it sounds, if he could actually get back on track, I could easily see ordering a shiled down the road myself, but I would need an actual turn around time-table and guarantee will be done by xx/xx/xxxx or else a refund will be issued. I dont personally feel like being in this thread 2 years from now saying the same things others are lol
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM #370
> Nipu
The North Remembers

32 eBay
Nipu
The North Remembers

32 eBay

Does he deserve it? By definition, yes. He's taken people's money and not delivered his product as promised. Will it affect anything? Doubtful. As many have noticed, he's not been on the board in ages and who knows if he will return. You can brand him with the tag if you want. It matters not to me.

I've not made an effort to contact him in a while, because it was always me that initiated the conversation. I would leave my messenger open for days and wait. I would see him on, but he'd never message me. It was always I who contacted him. I've since stopped turning on messenger because he was the only person I used it for. Now, if he wants to contact me, I'm sure if he tried hard enough he would know where to find me.

miserere wrote: View Post

I have been refunded my money last Friday, as I no longer have a need for the shield (bought it for my now ex-boyfriend), and while I did not get $400 CAD that I spent to buy it two and some years ago, he did manage to refund most of my money back to me, which is more than fine.
I actually still want my shield. It's still the best out there and my costume is still a work in progress.

miserere wrote: View Post

He has also promised, due to the wait time he gave me, to keep me updated with other future projects he has set in store. He has allowed me a few sneak peeks of these future projects during the time I have waited for the shields, and he has told me that once he is finished, he can move on to "bigger and better things".
He did the same to me, several months ago. Showed me lots of pictures and such of "future projects". So I wouldn't feel too special about him telling you about those.
Nipu is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:37 AM #371
> miserere
Power Ranger

miserere
Power Ranger

Nipu wrote: View Post

~SNIP~
Long story short, I said the exact same thing to King, Nipu, but he is now always online in gmail chat to talk because his workplace does not allow for MSN or FB. I am not going to defend him for his lack of communication, however, if need be, I have some ways for you to contact him now. Phone number, gmail, etc etc. Of course, that's up to you

And I was only telling people, because I'm his customer and all, that he refunded my money promptly. I don't need it as I never heard/seen the yellow ranger using the Dragon Shield lol. I never implied other people don't want their shield; I was only retelling what happened to me.

Also, I don't feel special about his sneak peaks, I know he has been sharing these tidbits to every single one of his customers because he told me that he has. I'm letting people, outside of his customers, know that King is getting back on track with the shields, among other things.
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:49 AM #372
> ranger_gixxer85
k9..the best partner ever

ranger_gixxer85
k9..the best partner ever

I think if RangerBoard is gonna set rules, than they should be enforced and handed out equally to whomever violates those rules. Though it might not effect him it does show that RangerBoard does enforce the rules.
ranger_gixxer85 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:21 AM #373
> Morphing Mayhem
OO Green Ranger

Morphing Mayhem
OO Green Ranger

Yeah, I do agree that no matter how much we like the person and how cooltheir product is. If they fail to deliver on their promise they should be penalized.

In Kings case, I received my shield. Not only that but I had to send it back to him twice because his old adhesive had issues when it came to heat. That being said, everytime I did send him it back he repaired and returned it free of charge. Unfortunately, when dealing with him I had to follow up constantly and on a regular basis. Even now, my diamond was blemished from the last repair and I asked if he could send me a new one and although he said yes to my request, he has yet to respond to my last email. And I figure at this point I should just cut my losses.

I do feel it is unfair that king has taken so long to deliver on some of his orders. I definitely feel for people that complain in this thread. For the people who have been waiting 6+ months that is unacceptable..

I guess what seperates King Ranger from other people that eventually don the scammer tag is that he is a really stand up guy when you actually do get to communicate with him. And he doesnt try to give excuses or BS. And you don't get that feeling like he is shady. That as well as his knowledge of PR and friendly manners really do go to his benefit. But sadly, when dealing with people and their money none of that should count. I'm curious though; For the people that have asked for shields and are still waiting, have any of you ever asked for a refund? I think most people want a king shield so bad (because it is the absolute best) that in their heads they are willing to wait until it reaches a breaking point.

I know that some people say he should get a scammer tag and while I do agree with their point of view maybe he can be given an "unreliable" tag instead. It would be a good middle ground between good standing and scammer. Besides king, there have been other sellers that probably deserve the title.
Morphing Mayhem is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM #374
> MnemonicSyntax
Banned

MnemonicSyntax
Banned

ranger_gixxer85 wrote: View Post

I think if RangerBoard is gonna set rules, than they should be enforced and handed out equally to whomever violates those rules. Though it might not effect him it does show that RangerBoard does enforce the rules.
There are no rules and it is in fact, a case by case basis.
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM #375
> miserere
Power Ranger

miserere
Power Ranger

This is why I was wondering, if you're interested enough to read a couple pages back, why Sushiya and King haven't received any sort of title of scammer. Of course, that may be because none of the moderators knew about it.

Some people here have waited at least 2 years, and received nothing of it, Morphing Mayhem. Luckily, I no longer needed a shield, so that was why King refunded me my money.

There shouldn't be an "unreliable" tag, because that allows for hesitance, and too much benefit of a doubt. Otherwise, I know of far more people than just King that deserve that title. It's either Veteran Etc, or Scammer. No grey area.

Although, I can't say he has talked to everyone, but I do know he gave me the option of either shipping out my shield, or refunding the money. I chose the latter, so if someone did need a shield from him, and if the status of mine was truly "ready to ship", some lucky chap may be able to get it quickly.
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM #376
> Redlunarwolf
Evil Titanium Ranger

Redlunarwolf
Evil Titanium Ranger

He still scammed ppl out of money. Just because one or a few more people got a refund there are probably still a bunch of people who haven't received anything. Or even an option for anything. I'd say stick him with the tag because right now it's well deserved. If and when he gets all of this sorted out then remove it after he can prove he can make and ship stuff with deadlines. Just because he did one small thing right doesn't mean he's still a grade a guy. He needs to rebuild his rep.
Redlunarwolf is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM #377
> miserere
Power Ranger

miserere
Power Ranger

I was in the boat saying he scammed people out of their money, however, him refunding me the money (and now sending me more money to make up for what PayPal took from the transfering fees etc), it shows that he's at least trying. So while King refunding some people (aka me from what I know so far) isn't making up for what happened, I was letting everyone know that King at least making amends on MY end. I can't say the same for others until King does something about it. It's still a small step in the right direction, and he isn't taking on more business on top of what he owes like Sushiya is.

I am talking to him right now on gmail chat, and asked if he has spoken to anyone about their orders (besides me, obviously), and he has not spoken to people who are not in direct contact with him. So if you are waiting on him, PM me for his gmail. I'm not going to give out his information publicly.
Old February 9th, 2011, 01:27 PM #378
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

256 eBay

Well well, it has been a long time. I love all the vocal people that don't actually communicate with me that post here vs. the people that do communicate with me that don't post at all. It's humorous to see. I have said more than once that anyone that wants information about what is going on can message, email, call, IM, or whatever me at anytime and I would be very honored to speak with them about anything on their mind. For those that don't have my info, you can contact me best through gmail: ryukumon (at) gmail (dot) com.

Anyway, feel free to give me the scammer tag or unreliable, it doesn't matter since this is the only run I'm doing of anything here or anywhere. I just got done with a lengthy and costly divorce and now I'm back on track to finish what I start but doing prop work publicly isn't for me anymore. So, once it's done, that's it. It is true, I am not taking any new orders. It will now hold true that I will not take anymore orders, at all, on anything.

Originally I wanted to post this last Sunday, but, lack of ex-wife's camera made me decide to wait since I know most people want pics of stuff where it stands.

I know this stuff has gone on way longer than even I cared for it to go, and many things went wrong in many ways, but the main goal now is to get those on the list taken care of and all my outstanding business completed. Then we can all part ways amicably.

For any of those wondering about how I go about making up for lost time and making it up to people I owe, that's none of your business. That is for the person(s) I'm dealing with and myself.

Anyone that wants a refund, contact me and you'll get it.

Anyone that has sent me a PM I'll check it from home, once I get there.
King Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 01:35 PM #379
> Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid

Henners
Formerly KoffeeKid

Glad to see you back.
Henners is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM #380
> D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

D-D-D-Demon!
Demon, dood!

Glad to hear you're taking care of loose ends, but sad to see you go.
D-D-D-Demon! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote