Menu

Old April 16th, 2018, 01:39 AM #641
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

There is.

It's from a book released during the beggining of Rebirth called "New Super-Man". Starting from issue 18/19 (don't remember which one), the name changed to "New Super-Man and the Justice League of China".

It's a very fun book IMHO
Like I said, it was issue 20. 18 was the end of the original story where they were working for the Ministry of Self Reliance. 19 was a filler set after the first arc. Then 20 starts the new story, in which the team is now independent.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 02:21 AM #642
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

According to Brian Cunningham, Kara will go through a "profound experience" in Man of Steel and cautions people asking for an ongoing to "be careful what you wish for"

https://twitter.com/MartGray/status/984945222642819072
Cameron Samurai is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:27 AM #643
> Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

According to Brian Cunningham, Kara will go through a "profound experience" in Man of Steel and cautions people asking for an ongoing to "be careful what you wish for"

https://twitter.com/MartGray/status/984945222642819072
I hate this already.
Harpsikord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:29 AM #644
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

I hate this already.
Ditto. It's too much like the "read this and be pissed off" card Brevoort plays routinely on his own tumblr.
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:51 AM #645
> Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Ditto. It's too much like the "read this and be pissed off" card Brevoort plays routinely on his own tumblr.
Not just that, but I'm so done with people making Kara - or even the entire Superfamily - darker than they need to be. Even dealing with serious stuff the last run of Superman was at least decently lighthearted, and the Supergirl book was too. Supergirl is known for being the most lighthearted of the DCTV shows (for what that's worth, it still deals with pretty heavy topics) and yet DC continues doing things to her that are... well... not that, and to be honest this just smells of Bendis trying to do damage to Super characters other than Clark.

He's writing Jon and Lois in to a corner after they helped reinvigorate the line and now he's probably ruining Kara. Bendis coming to DC and writing Superman was a mistake. They should have put him on a Batman book. He'd probably do super well with a Spoiler ongoing.
Old April 16th, 2018, 09:22 AM #646
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

They should have put him on a Batman book. He'd probably do super well with a Spoiler ongoing.
I don't really think he would've been a great fit for Batman either.
AdrenalineRush is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 09:48 AM #647
> Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Harpsikord
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

I don't really think he would've been a great fit for Batman either.
I'm not saying Bruce Wayne, but even if he was put on a Batman ongoing... I bet he still would have actually been great for it. I mean, this is a man who made himself famous writing street level heroes, one of whom is considered to be Marvel's Batman. The batfamily would be a much better fit for Bendis.
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:04 AM #648
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

I'm not saying Bruce Wayne, but even if he was put on a Batman ongoing... I bet he still would have actually been great for it. I mean, this is a man who made himself famous writing street level heroes, one of whom is considered to be Marvel's Batman. The Batfamily would be a much better fit for Bendis.
Yes but Daredevil is not Batman and no, he wouldn't been great for Batman. Sorry but I think he would've done more harm than good had he become a Batman writer.

Just because he had a popular run on Daredevil doesn't mean he should do a run on Batman plus I would fear the worst on what he would do to Catwoman because he's terrible at writing female characters.

He should just do Elseworlds and Vertigo than doing stuff from the main continuity because him joining DC is a huge mistake.
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:19 AM #649
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Preview of Superman#45, the finale to Tomasi and Gleeson's era

http://www.outrightgeekery.com/2018/...an-45-preview/

They've sold their house in Hamilton....

Fuck every part of you DC
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:22 AM #650
> Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Yes but Daredevil is not Batman and no, he wouldn't been great for Batman. Sorry but I think he would've done more harm than good had he become a Batman writer.

Just because he had a popular run on Daredevil doesn't mean he should do a run on Batman plus I would fear the worst on what he would do to Catwoman because he's terrible at writing female characters.

He should just do Elseworlds and Vertigo than doing stuff from the main continuity because him joining DC is a huge mistake.
Sorry but exactly what leads you to think that he's terrible at writing female characters? History proves that's just not true; I mean, his second most famous run and what will effectively be his lasting legacy at Marvel Comics is with a female character and one of Marvel's biggest at that in Jessica Jones. He had a critically acclaimed hit run with Alex Maleev on Spider-Woman. He redefined the character of Kitty Pryde for better or worse for more than half a decade. He rejuvenated the character of Magik back to her roots under Chris Claremont. He did as well with Elektra as he did with Daredevil. More importantly to the point he is one of the only writers to make Felicia Hardy as the Queenpin work. Saying that Bendis doesn't write female characters well is just wrong.

His run on Daredevil wasn't just critically acclaimed. It's genuinely good. So is the first arc of Marvel Knights Elektra, which Bendis wrote. He does street level well and I don't think that should be a question or even a discussion that's on the table. He has his own writing quirks (mostly involved in dialogue and recurring motifs), but they work well in one setting: street level books.

Bruce Wayne isn't a very intricate character to get right. I'll be honest. He's just not all that thrilling when you strip away the pomp and circumstance of running around Gotham City wearing a Bat costume and beating up vigilantes, he's basically just a privileged white man in a suit with post traumatic stress disorder. Daredevil is not Batman, but he's damn close, and Matt Murdock is more interesting than Bruce Wayne at that.

I'm not a fan of Bendis. Far from it. But he'd do Gotham well.
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:30 AM #651
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Injustice crosses over with He-Man!

https://www.newsarama.com/39523-dc-s...crossover.html
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:35 AM #652
> hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

Loving that Teela illustration.
hasbro_primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:47 AM #653
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Preview of Superman#45, the finale to Tomasi and Gleeson's era

http://www.outrightgeekery.com/2018/...an-45-preview/

They've sold their house in Hamilton....

Fuck every part of you DC
If only Bendis didn't join DC, then we would've seen Tomasi and Gleason's run lasting much longer.

Sorry but exactly what leads you to think that he's terrible at writing female characters? History proves that's just not true; I mean, his second most famous run and what will effectively be his lasting legacy at Marvel Comics is with a female character and one of Marvel's biggest at that in Jessica Jones. He had a critically acclaimed hit run with Alex Maleev on Spider-Woman. He redefined the character of Kitty Pryde for better or worse for more than half a decade. He rejuvenated the character of Magik back to her roots under Chris Claremont. He did as well with Elektra as he did with Daredevil. More importantly to the point he is one of the only writers to make Felicia Hardy as the Queenpin work. Saying that Bendis doesn't write female characters well is just wrong.
Are you forgetting on what he did to Teen Jean in All-New X-Men, especially that infamous moment with Bobby on his sexuality? And his so-called rejuvenation of Kitty wasn't really one since it was more of regressing her characterisation.

Well, I will give him credit for creating Jessica and the Ultimate Marvel universe (though that remains divisive to this day) but I won't give him credit for what he did to Laura in his All-New X-Men and Jean in that same title.

It's not wrong at all because you just only gave me six examples of female characters that you think he's written well and they're overshadowed by the ones who were terribly written under him, which is more than six.

If you want someone who can explain you more into further detail about Bendis and his handling of female characters, then Titanium is the person to talk to.

His run on Daredevil wasn't just critically acclaimed. It's genuinely good. So is the first arc of Marvel Knights Elektra, which Bendis wrote. He does street level well and I don't think that should be a question or even a discussion that's on the table. He has his own writing quirks (mostly involved in dialogue and recurring motifs), but they work well in one setting: street level books.
So? That doesn't mean he should do Batman.

Bruce Wayne isn't a very intricate character to get right. I'll be honest. He's just not all that thrilling when you strip away the pomp and circumstance of running around Gotham City wearing a Bat costume and beating up vigilantes, he's basically just a privileged white man in a suit with post traumatic stress disorder. Daredevil is not Batman, but he's damn close, and Matt Murdock is more interesting than Bruce Wayne at that.
Do you really want Bendis to turn Batman into a Daredevil clone? Heck no and sorry but Bruce is far from being a privileged white man in a suit with PTSD.

I'm not a fan of Bendis. Far from it. But he'd do Gotham well.
You think he would do Gotham well, but I think he fricking wouldn't do Gotham well. I rather have him keep away from the Justice League heroes (which includes Batman) and the Titans heroes.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; April 17th, 2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:05 AM #654
> Harpsikord
Power Ranger

Harpsikord
Power Ranger

I
Are you forgetting on what he did to Teen Jean in All-New X-Men, especially that infamous moment with Bobby on his sexuality? And his so-called rejuvenation of Kitty wasn't really one since it was more of regressing her characterisation.
No, I haven't. But apart from bad writing on the part of Bendis when it comes to Iceman, that's not really an issue with Jean's characterization. What WAS an issue was her literally brainwashing Angel earlier in the book because she didn't understand not to use her telepathy with wanton disregard. Not just that, but Bendis rejuvenated the character of Jean Grey, too: there are people who are fans of teen Jean and not of adult Jean that exist, even. And character development is a thing and when you compare Jean to how she acted when she first got to the present to how she was during 'The Utopians,' Bendis' last arc of ANXM... there's a huge difference. She's actually written well in The Utopians.

Well, I will give him for creating Jessica and the Ultimate Marvel universe but I won't give him credit for what he did to Laura in his All-New X-Men and Jean in that same title.

It's not wrong at all because you just only gave me six examples of female characters that you think he's written well and they're overshadowed by the ones who were terribly written under him.
I could actually keep going. Bendis single handedly made Squirrel Girl relevant by continuing to use her in New Avengers, he created one of the most popular new X-Men characters in recent times in Tempus, he did better with Carol Danvers (sans Civil War 2) than most writers who aren't Kelly Sue DeConnick have in modern times in Mighty Avengers, he made ultimate Jessica Drew a surprising success, not to mention what he did with Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson there. Speaking of Mary Jane, he saved her from obscurity and character assassination when he took over Iron Man because that's all she was going to get while Dan Slott was in charge of the Spider-Man comics, he is the creator of two of Marvel's most popular and lasting SHIELD agents (both of whom are women and have appeared in the MCU) in Daisy Johnson and Maria Hill, he brought Angela to the Marvel universe and successfully removed Gamora from obscurity, Deena Pilgrim is the co-lead of Powers and has been ranked as the twenty-fourth best comic book character of all time by Empire magazine, made people actually care about Moonstone, has another critically acclaimed run with Scarlet. He should be credited with redefining Laura Kinney, too, for that matter: the fact that he humanized her at all is what has made Tom Taylor's All New Wolverine work at all.

So? That doesn't mean he should do Batman.
My point wasn't that he should do Batman. It's that he would do Batman better than Superman, which I have said multiple times and you have willfully ignored.

Do you really want Bendis to turn Batman into a Daredevil clone? Heck no and sorry but Bruce is far from being a privileged white man in a suit with PTSD.
That's literally what Bruce is in a nutshell, my dude.

Read my lips: No, he fricking wouldn't do Gotham well. I rather have him keep away from the Justice League heroes (which includes Batman) and the Titans heroes.
Read my lips: yes, he would probably do Gotham well. Because he's done Gotham before, just not in the Batman books. It's funny though because you're vastly in the minority here: when it was first reported that Bendis had become DC exclusive most people wanted him to write a bat book or the Titans/Teen Titans. But, surprise, he was on Superman and no one was happy.
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:30 AM #655
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

You know what, Harpsikord? I've moved on from this debate on Bendis after I posted my comment explaining in a more further detail on why I don't think Bendis should do Batman just because he did Daredevil before you posted yours.
Old April 16th, 2018, 12:00 PM #656
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

New Ryan Stegman illustration for Miles, presumably for his appearance in Venom

Old April 16th, 2018, 01:06 PM #657
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Oh lol, Antarctic Press have turned President Trump into the Hulk - and She-Hulk!

https://www.newsarama.com/39525-anta...citations.html

Archie solicits:
https://www.newsarama.com/39529-arch...citations.html

Last edited by Digifiend; April 16th, 2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old April 16th, 2018, 01:08 PM #658
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

So when do we get a comic of Injustice TMNT?
Adara.2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 01:11 PM #659
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Digifiend wrote: View Post

Looks like the regular Archie book is back (it'll have a skip in June for some reason)

The final issue of Bendis' Miles Morales run will be partially based on his own
recent life and death struggle...which means Miles has a pretty nasty landing from his fall in the previous issue

https://www.cbr.com/bendis-miles-mor...th-experience/

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; April 16th, 2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old April 16th, 2018, 01:58 PM #660
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

DC solicits:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../16/dcjuly.htm

Bruce Wayne has jury duty and Nightwing is Batman.

Jon Stewart becomes an Ultraviolet Lantern.

Batgirl and Nightwing team up in both of their books.