Home Menu

Menu

Old October 25th, 2018, 07:10 AM #3821
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

I wouldn't see why youd need to replace everyones orders, you've always made it clear that there are fitting issues with the coins because of how the morphers are made. Is this a different problem? Velcro would fit that right up.

Last edited by Kylash327; October 25th, 2018 at 07:19 AM.
Kylash327 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 07:47 AM #3822
> Super Dino Dudes
VIP Member

Super Dino Dudes
VIP Member

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

I wouldn't see why youd need to replace everyones orders, you've always made it clear that there are fitting issues with the coins because of how the morphers are made. Is this a different problem? Velcro would fit that right up.

Itís true that they state they may not fit perfectly, but from some of the comments Iíve seen, the coins donít even fit in their own green lens. They fall out.

It one thing if the fault is on the Legacy Morpher being manufactured differently, but if the coins from Starlight Studio were made too small to really fit in any of the lenses / original or starlight brand - then personally, I donít think Ďjust use Velcroí would be an appropriate answer.

Weíll have to wait and see what clicks response is.
Super Dino Dudes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 08:03 AM #3823
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Well the lens isnt what holds the coin in place, its the black plastic clips that come from the legacy morpher that you screw into the lens that do, but i get your point. Do original coins work in it fine?
Old October 25th, 2018, 08:21 AM #3824
> Super Dino Dudes
VIP Member

Super Dino Dudes
VIP Member

Well the lens isnt what holds the coin in place, its the black plastic clips that come from the legacy morpher that you screw into the lens that do, but i get your point. Do original coins work in it fine?
Ah yeah, true, itís the clips on the back - but i donít think they can be extended, only slightly adjusted.

I havenít received my coins yet - so I canít confirm, but othersí comments Iíve seen say the original coins fit, it just seems that the new ones were made slightly smaller. Which is a real shame.

If they are the same as the other Starlight Studio coins - like the Dragon Coin, then I wouldnít care, cause that fits fine for me.
Super Dino Dudes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 08:44 AM #3825
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

We'll just have to wait and see. The inconsistency of the morpher clips sucks. My Dino Buckler and Dragon Buckler are completely different with click's coins. I have ones that fit one and not the other, ones that spin in one and not the other and ones that pop out in one and not the other.

It's a crap-shoot sometimes.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 09:15 AM #3826
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Just got mine and can confirm that the diameter of the coins seems a few milimeters smaller than normal ones and they move around in the lens a lot more than a normal coin, and therefore dont lock in. They look great though.

The screws in the lens for the black clips also arent threaded so you'll really need to tighten those screws good to get the clips so they dont wobbly around. But once you do, mine seems to work fine with original coins.

I popped the acrylic star with rounded corners off and placed the pointed star from the link on the last page on and it looks great to me. It fits right over the outline lip for the original star, is slightly larger, and has the sharp points. Going to do a dark gold wash in the cracks before gluing it down.

Last edited by Kylash327; October 25th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old October 25th, 2018, 10:29 AM #3827
> tehcrazy
Power Ranger

eBay
tehcrazy
Power Ranger

eBay

I second the over tightening on the green lens helps make clicks original coins fit pretty well. The new coins are smaller though and wont fit correctly. Im just thinking out loud but wouldnt it be easier for us to put our heads together and figure out a way to make the black clips larger rather than send everyone new coins. I would be happy with that personally.

-Jarod
tehcrazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2018, 11:45 AM #3828
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

I think if the clips were any larger the original coins would no longer fit, the tolerances on the varying releases are very small.
Old October 25th, 2018, 03:13 PM #3829
> clickclash
Owner of Starlight.Studio

128 eBay
clickclash
Owner of Starlight.Studio

128 eBay

Dear Buyer,

It has come to our attention that the newly listed Legacy Coin(s), that you purchased during our dťbut weekend, were manufactured just a little too small. This flaw allows the coin to fall out of the Legacy Morpher. We have decided to remake the following coins:

Zeo 5 Red Crystal Star-Gold, Zeo 5 Red Crystal Star-Weathered, Zeo 5 Metal Star-Gold, Zeo 5 Metal Star-Weathered, Dino Thunder Black-Gold, Dino Thunder Black-Weathered

You are receiving this message because you bought 1 or more of the coins listed above. You will be getting a replacement coin from Starlight Studio, for each of the coins listed above that you already purchased. You do not need to return the initial coin to us. You do not need to do anything from this point, except be patient while we get your replacement(s) to you. You will be getting a replacement of exactly what you purchased; do not contact us asking us to send you something else in it place.

We are hoping to have your new replacement coins in your possession in 4-8 weeks. We cannot make any guarantees for delivery date at this point, the 4-8-week time frame is an estimate only. Any unforeseen issues may push the time frame out even further. But we will do our best to get you your replacement coin(s) as quickly as possible.

All of us here at Starlight Studio want you to know we value your business, and we thank you in advance for your patience while we work hard to get your orders sent out to you.

Best Regards,

Starlight Studio Team

P.S. This only pertains to the coins listed above sold during our debut weekend on Oct 19, 2018 thru Oct 21, 2018. Any claim on any other Legacy coin is still protected under our disclaimer posted in our listings. This is an isolated issue specifically dealing with this one batch of coins.
clickclash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2018, 09:33 AM #3830
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Just got mine and can confirm that the diameter of the coins seems a few milimeters smaller than normal ones and they move around in the lens a lot more than a normal coin, and therefore dont lock in. They look great though.

The screws in the lens for the black clips also arent threaded so you'll really need to tighten those screws good to get the clips so they dont wobbly around. But once you do, mine seems to work fine with original coins.

I popped the acrylic star with rounded corners off and placed the pointed star from the link on the last page on and it looks great to me. It fits right over the outline lip for the original star, is slightly larger, and has the sharp points. Going to do a dark gold wash in the cracks before gluing it down.

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram...82644759_n.jpg

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram...11861768_n.jpg

Kylash, that came out great! I didnít order my coins yet so Iím going to wait for the new batch.

I was planning on doing the same thing. Rather than gluing it on top of the star shape lip I was going to grind the lip down so it sits flat with the surface since thatís more accurate. Awesome that the sharp star is larger than the lip, itíll cover up everything. Unless Starlight makes a version of the coin without the star lip that would be ideal in this situation.
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2018, 10:41 AM #3831
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327
PlasticGeek

The lip it sits on is level with the other raised areas, so the star doesnt look like its floating above anything, looks fine. But yeah, if they gotta make a new mold to fix the diameter anyway, id say also change to these stars.
Old October 26th, 2018, 12:38 PM #3832
> Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Good to know.
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 03:13 PM #3833
> maboroshi
Power Ranger

maboroshi
Power Ranger

The lip it sits on is level with the other raised areas, so the star doesnt look like its floating above anything, looks fine. But yeah, if they gotta make a new mold to fix the diameter anyway, id say also change to these stars.
I agree, great opportunity to make it more accurate if it's gotta be redone anyway.
maboroshi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 09:17 AM #3834
> HezMania
Power Ranger

HezMania
Power Ranger

Hows everyone getting the coin? I'm not seeing it on either sites
HezMania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 02:55 PM #3835
> Kylash327
PlasticGeek

Kylash327