Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: Are Super Megaforce powers counted as separate power set or power-up mode?
Separate power set 59 56.73%
Separate power set
59 56.73%
Power-up mode 45 43.27%
Power-up mode
45 43.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 01:43 AM #4261
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger

JNTA1234
Power Ranger

I can just say that I have the utmost respect for people who do rewatches because I don't know how y'all do it.

The only seasons I could sit through continously, in a whole weekend I might add, were Mighty Morphin season 1 and RPM for almost polar opposite reasons strangely enough lol. That RPM rewatch was SO good y'all.

Every other season has a period, like after 20 episodes, where I have to take a break and I ultimately end up not finishing. And don't get me started on Samurai and Megaforce, where after FIVE episodes I cannot find one single fuck to give (Ninja Steel seems to fall under that category btw).
JNTA1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 03:36 AM #4262
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

KCJ506 wrote: View Post

I think Gung Ho may had been the first time there was some sort of tension between the rangers without either of them being under some sort of spell.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that (probably because the episode was banned in the UK during the 2000s).

I understand why they had to put the rangers under spells, but it was nice to see Turbo movie away from that.
big smile is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 04:34 AM #4263
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

*Cross-post from the "Power Rangers Beast Morphers - Coming 2019!" thread:

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

The great war ended in 1986, roughly seven years before Rita was freed and twelve years before she was purified. The window for any intervention on Rita's part is 1999-2006.

Mystic Force doesn't explain why the non-Nick Rangers were chosen by fate. An earlier treatment had them all descendant of the Mystic Realm, something that's even alluded to in Broken Spell. When all was said and done they were just four random people who crossed paths with Nick.

Perhaps this was a concious effort, from a higher power. If Tensou and Alpha get to handpick Rangers, surely Rita earned the right.
Well, there's some things to consider: maybe once Rita became Mystic Mother she had ascended to a plane of existence where she can exist in all times, even the past (so technically she'd see her past self pestering the rangers).

Anyway I think the 12 year gap between her purification and MF is enough for her to become Mystic Mother and take "update" the mystic powers magic powers with access to the morphing grid.

JNTA1234 wrote: View Post

I can just say that I have the utmost respect for people who do rewatches because I don't know how y'all do it.
Same here. The closest I can do is watching some clips. I think last year I even watched clips of the original fight footage for Jungle Fury (which was just too cool)

Gung Ho
Man, now whenever I read this I immediately think about Puzzles & Dragons (watch the current anime but never played the game)
Spider-Phoenix is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 04:48 AM #4264
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

Every other season has a period, like after 20 episodes, where I have to take a break and I ultimately end up not finishing. And don't get me started on Samurai and Megaforce, where after FIVE episodes I cannot find one single fuck to give (Ninja Steel seems to fall under that category btw).
Try watching one a week.

That's actually how I am doing it now (or two a week when NStl isn't on). I've actually done marathons in the past. But this time I wanted to watch one a week, so I could experience the show like American kids would have back in the day

(In the UK, we always got one episode a day).
Old Today, 05:12 AM #4265
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

big smile wrote: View Post

It was 1997. Back then all our rangers were goody-goodies. Like PineapplePizza noted she had an interesting backstory. And I liked it because it was different from the other rangers, who were model citizens from the get-go.

And unlike the other Ranger conflict episodes, she didn't magically become goody-goody at the end of the episode. Looking at the scripts she was going to ease into developing friendships (although we only have one script, so who knows how quickly they were going to resolve her).
For someone you think of as a "goody goody" you sure seem to view Kat as the bad guy for calling Jenny out on her crap.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 05:43 AM #4266
> Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Second session of Lightspeed done (though probably gonna do more cause the next couple weeks are going to be crazy but they'll go up in the thread at typical rate)

-While the "Go Volcanic!" and "Up from Ashes" arc was a decent saga, I do find it weird that we have Dana going to a volcano (really, the paramedic does volcano research?), then the very next episode we get Fairweather going there for a similar situation. I did like the situation from "Go Volcanic!" with the criminal though; while mostly a carbon copy from GoGoFive, it worked really well...with my only nitpick being that the abscence of an actual cop like Daimon Tatsumi weakened the potential moral argument of "improving a bad person's life" vs. "make them do their time".

-And then comes Ryan/the Titanium Ranger. The first two episodes really felt like Saban's attempt to do their own Green Ranger saga with their own Ranger and it sort of felt weak-ish at first. It didn't really come into it's own until we get the Mitchell connection, particularly in "Truth Discovered" and the fact that it's his own father that sort of wakes him up instead of just a Ranger beatdown. (though it's weak that Dana was there too and yet she doesn't realize it's her own brother when his mask is briefly uncovered...let alone she was literally hanging on for her life when Diabolico took her older brother all those years ago!)

-The "Curse of the Cobra" was an interesting way to keep Ryan involved during the "end-game" for Diabolico in the story; it's strange that somehow Diabolico would have access to an evil snake within the same tomb they were sealed in, but considering demonic metaphysics I shouldn't be that surprised. One thing I did love, though, was that the Max Solarzord was an actual Zord and it's power was proven for a 6th...as opposed to an annoying giant robot with a sentient AI that they try to pass as a new member without making a new member like how GoGoFive presented it with the mess of Liner Boy. Oh and of course Carter repeating Matoi's epic "blow up a monster with two guns simultaneously" bit. (actually we get a lot of hilarious unexpected MotW defeat methods this season; considering Ryan defeated the evil snake controlling that tattoo by...dropping a ruined pillar on it) But even with the footage telling us it was happening, I still find it neat that they build up Diabolico as the main threat at first with no idea of Bansheera...and then he's gone in episode 16 of 40 and they think it's over when Bansheera and Impus are just around the corner.
Ataruman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:28 AM #4267
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Try watching one a week.

That's actually how I am doing it now (or two a week when NStl isn't on). I've actually done marathons in the past. But this time I wanted to watch one a week, so I could experience the show like American kids would have back in the day

(In the UK, we always got one episode a day).
One Episode a week when the show has over 800 episodes seems like it would take a while
PineapplePizza is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 06:56 AM #4268
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

One Episode a week when the show has over 800 episodes seems like it would take a while
Well, I started back in 2015 and I am currently on PriS! I am really enjoying it. The last time I watched old PR was back in 2009 and I did it as a marathon. Gotta say that the one-a-week is much more fun. It gives me something to look forward to each week.

I am also watching the corresponding Sentai and doing so adds an extra layer onto my enjoyment.

Agent Z wrote: View Post

For someone you think of as a "goody goody" you sure seem to view Kat as the bad guy for calling Jenny out on her crap.
Out of interest, why did you bring this up again, when you mentioned it on the previous page and I replied?
Old Today, 07:06 AM #4269
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Well, I started back in 2015 and I am currently on PriS! I am really enjoying it.
Maybe itís because itís still early but Iím confused You started about 3 years ago/52 weeks a year and you already are in the 250-293 episode range?

I just feel like with a show such as Power Rangers 1-2 episodes a day would be more realistic

Although who am I to talk? My plan was to binge through 800+ episodes in 6 months and at 225+ episodes Iím feeling the burn out with still 3/4ths of the way to go. As is I will probably take a small hiatus after in Space and then a larger hiatus after Time Force or Wild Force and hopefully finish before Beast Morphers starts in February
Old Today, 07:31 AM #4270
> big smile
Power Ranger

big smile
Power Ranger

Maybe itís because itís still early but Iím confused You started about 3 years ago/52 weeks a year and you already are in the 250-293 episode range?
It's one episode a week, but when they don't show new PR (e.g. New episodes of DC, Nstl etc) I watch two episodes a week, so it's like 70 a year. I also skipped the first 32 episodes of MMPR as I had just watched the re-version before starting 2015 and didn't want to slog through Green with Evil again.

I just feel like with a show such as Power Rangers 1-2 episodes a day would be more realistic
Yeah, you got a point. If I hadn't done the marathons in the past, then I wouldn't be doing it this way.
Old Today, 08:02 AM #4271
> Zeo Cereal
Fondling Philodendrons

Zeo Cereal
Fondling Philodendrons

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

To be fair, the hatred isn't targeted at story structure so much as character structure. Will was bland, Dax was goofy, Ronny was immature, Rose was condescending, Tyzonn's personality literally changed by the episode, and none of the villains had an ounce of gusto.
The character faults can't be ignored, but the general criticism of OO is usually a broad brush that prevents most people from reflecting.

hasbro_primo wrote: View Post

Then there are such gifts as the uninspired voice acting, the CGI nightmare that was Transtek, the simplistic replacement wig for Miratrix, or a television audience made of cardboard cutouts...
Every season has production flubs.

Transtek is less 'produced' than previous CGI cutaways, but the model isn't any more lacking. The sequence is easier to follow than most from that era. Blame PLEX for the awful design. (and blame Bandai for bringing it back during RPM)

Cardboard cutouts make for better extras than Saban's living whoopee cushions.
Zeo Cereal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 08:42 AM #4272
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Phantom Phenomenon
*I agree with Elgar. $10 billion? I should be so broke. What is Divatox to think sheís break at 10 bil? The CEO of a company?

*That ice cream was already melted lady. Canít get mad at Bulk for that unless you were planning on eating ice cream soup

*Do you think the people of Angel Grove noticed that Turbo Red went from sounding like wonderbread to sounding like a black guy? Turbo Green went from a very slight Texan drawl to a thick hispanic accent. Turbo Yellow went from sounding like a black woman to a WASP and Turbo Pink replaced her Aussie accent with something more SoCal?

*Dimitria suspects Phantom Ranger is an Eltarian Voyager because thatís the source of his Ruby. Zordonís son?

*So torpedos can monsters grow and blow stuff up?

*Justin morphs without saying Shift into Turbo or even sticking his key into his morpher

*I like that Nico briefly recognized Justinís voice as Turbo Blue

Vanishing Act
*Poor Bulk and Skull have been reduced to entertainment for childrenís birthday parties

*The wackier Carranger footage fits the new team better than the old team

*The Turbo navigator is also a laser gun?

*Oh hey Blue Senturion I was about think you were put on suspended leave due to uncovered body cam footage

*Cassie is hot for some Phantom. Who she doesnít even know what he looks like. Dude could be a lizard person or actual robot for all she knows. First pansexual Ranger confirmed?!

When Time Freezes Over
*TJ has a point theyíll all freeze including Elgar. Jeez Divatox is on earth too in Angel Grove lake. What is with this plan?

*Whatís the point of those watermelon earrings Mr.Carranger monster designer guy?

*Hey Carlos and Justin if you guys didnít waste your time talking you might have been able to not
get frozen

*I like that Phantom Ranger isnít being portrayed as more powerful than the main team combined like White Tiger Ranger and the Gold Zeo Ranger. He just has abilities the others donít

*Judging by the bloopers we wonít see Clockster return for monster crowd scenes anytime soon

Last edited by PineapplePizza; Today at 08:50 AM.
Old Today, 09:59 AM #4273
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Well, I started back in 2015 and I am currently on PriS! I am really enjoying it. The last time I watched old PR was back in 2009 and I did it as a marathon. Gotta say that the one-a-week is much more fun. It gives me something to look forward to each week.

I am also watching the corresponding Sentai and doing so adds an extra layer onto my enjoyment.

Out of interest, why did you bring this up again, when you mentioned it on the previous page and I replied?
Sorry my Internet was acting up and I thought I'd failed to post that the first time so I must have missed your reply. My apologies.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 11:47 AM #4274
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

But this time I wanted to watch one a week, so I could experience the show like American kids would have back in the day
MMPR to PRLR had predominant runs of daily new episodes.
SirStack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 PM #4275
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

Anyway I think the 12 year gap between her purification and MF is enough for her to become Mystic Mother and take "update" the mystic powers magic powers with access to the morphing grid.
Twelve? The gap between PRIS and PRMF was eight years.
AdrenalineRush is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 PM #4276
> Zeo Cereal
Fondling Philodendrons

Zeo Cereal
Fondling Philodendrons

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Twelve? The gap between PRIS and PRMF was eight years.
Correct. Spider-Phoeinx misinterpreted what I wrote.

The gap between MF's prologue and her purification is roughly 12 years, that timespan doesn't allow for any Rita shenanigans. The remainder of MF's 20 year timeskip, roughly 1999-2006, is when Rita would have ascended to Mystic Mother.
Zeo Cereal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 02:49 PM #4277
> hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

hasbro_primo
Net Brutality

Ataruman wrote: View Post

While the "Go Volcanic!" and "Up from Ashes" arc was a decent saga, I do find it weird that we have Dana going to a volcano (really, the paramedic does volcano research?), then the very next episode we get Fairweather going there for a similar situation.
While perhaps weird, it gave dimension to Dana's character that geology was a field of interest for her. In fact, pretty much her only shown field of interest...

It also gave more weight to her being involved in Lightspeed than simply being the captain's daughter, she had a scientific brain and went where it would be best applied. Maybe even the other way around, gorwing up near such intellect and becoming fascinated by certain studies.

Then Fairweather's trek made sense, since the team had already uncovered activity there.

(though it's weak that Dana was there too and yet she doesn't realize it's her own brother when his mask is briefly uncovered...let alone she was literally hanging on for her life when Diabolico took her older brother all those years ago!)
I think you underestimate age. She obviously remembered her brother existed, but the details are lost on a mind under five years old in practically any situation, let alone a traumatic one that often represses memory.

it's strange that somehow Diabolico would have access to an evil snake within the same tomb they were sealed in, but considering demonic metaphysics I shouldn't be that surprised.
Are there ever physics to magic? They're magical, they were locked in a tomb, they can use magic on the tomb. It's practically 2 + 2.

(actually we get a lot of hilarious unexpected MotW defeat methods this season; considering Ryan defeated the evil snake controlling that tattoo by...dropping a ruined pillar on it)
Realism is one of my favorite parts about this whole season. Practicality was everywhere.

Phantom Phenomenon
*I agree with Elgar. $10 billion? I should be so broke. What is Divatox to think sheís break at 10 bil? The CEO of a company?[/i]
A greedy pirate.

Keep in mind, Jeff Bezos just surpassed Bill Gates with $100 billion to his name, and that's just Earth standards of cash, let alone whatever an intergalactic GDP would look like.

Do you think the people of Angel Grove noticed that Turbo Red went from sounding like wonderbread to sounding like a black guy? Turbo Green went from a very slight Texan drawl to a thick hispanic accent. Turbo Yellow went from sounding like a black woman to a WASP and Turbo Pink replaced her Aussie accent with something more SoCal?
All they heard was the dull echo from the stunt guy in the "Transmission Impossible" bloopers.

Dimitria suspects Phantom Ranger is an Eltarian Voyager because thatís the source of his Ruby. Zordonís son?
Chip, you set up so many of our planned fanfics, and then dashed them.

So torpedos can monsters grow and blow stuff up?
It's as random as the detonators' function!

Vanishing Act
*The Turbo navigator is also a laser gun?
Wasn't that a cool feature?

Cassie is hot for some Phantom. Who she doesnít even know what he looks like. Dude could be a lizard person or actual robot for all she knows. First pansexual Ranger confirmed?!
Come on, that suit IS sleek.

When Time Freezes Over
*TJ has a point theyíll all freeze including Elgar. Jeez Divatox is on earth too in Angel Grove lake. What is with this plan?
When all you do is lose, mutually assured destruction becomes extremely attractive.

Whatís the point of those watermelon earrings Mr.Carranger monster designer guy?
Watch his Carranger episode and it'll become clear real fast.

Hey Carlos and Justin if you guys didnít waste your time talking you might have been able to not
get frozen
I always laughed at that.

I like that Phantom Ranger isnít being portrayed as more powerful than the main team combined like White Tiger Ranger and the Gold Zeo Ranger. He just has abilities the others donít
Another reason why Phantom Ranger is still cool to this day.
hasbro_primo is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 PM #4278
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

And I know many people hated this show, but Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills also kinda portrayed the teens there realistically. They didn't always get along with each other. Hell they didn't even actually become friends until later on in the series. And Nimbar certainly was no Zordon.
Apparently everyone loves TTAFFBH now.

It's not that hard. Last summer, I marathoned MMPR through Lost Galaxy and then Dino Thunder. I didn't watch the episodes all day, but it wasn't too exhausting for me to watch a larger amount.

Phantom Phenomenon

*That ice cream was already melted lady. Canít get mad at Bulk for that unless you were planning on eating ice cream soup
Sure she can freeze the ice cream again, but she doesn't know where Bulk's hand has been.

Vanishing Act
*Poor Bulk and Skull have been reduced to entertainment for childrenís birthday parties
Hey, even Bulk and Skull have to eat. They were desperate. The rangers already got jobs right after finishing high school. So why can't they?
Storm Eagle is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote