Home Menu

Menu

Old June 9th, 2019, 12:57 PM #21
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

cognito29 wrote: View Post

BTW, is Beast Morphers still on the two-year system?
The 20-episode seasons are to manage Nickelodeon's schedule. It has nothing to do with ownership.

There is no channel on which Power Rangers would be regularly seen that we can ever return to a one-year full adaptation of a Sentai series. Even Netflix has mangled the concept of binging to where it would still ultimately turn out to two years' time.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 9th, 2019, 01:01 PM #22
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

It was casting for Silver, and indeed it was from April 2012.

Page 1 Page 2

Wanna talk weird Megaforce casting? Who the hell was going to play Red1? Mark Dacascos??

https://i.ibb.co/K7NY3cw/mml-interesting.png
Megaforce is the ramblings of a mad man.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2019, 01:04 PM #23
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

Well, I suppose that might help them stretch the remaining Sentai out if Ryuusoulger really is the last. Still can't help but disappoint those of us used to more, though.
cognito29 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 07:21 AM #24
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

August 2011
Sept 30 2011
Professor casting sides go out. People assume Goseiger but it was literally Mr. Burley and gave us the first hint at the school setting.
Around that time, there was talk on twitter of them having cast a young boy for a full time role (sadly I don't have the link anymore). Because Goesiger had both a young boy and a professor, it seemed like they were doing Goseiger. (Although of course, it could be they were doing Gokai all along and we assumed wrong).

What I find interesting is that production was planned to start in Oct 2011, which seems early for a show that was starting in 2013. They were also going to start filming in Dec 11, which is rather odd, as they normally take an extended break of for Xmas when all the actors fly back to the US. It's almost like they were in a rush to get something on film.

I wonder if they thought they would be back to single seasons by 2012 (either because Nick would have relented or they wanted to move the show to Vortexx). And then when that didn't work out, they were stuck with Goesiger (because they would have sold the Goesiger designers to licensors) and that's why they had to keep the Goesiger suits around for SMF (Much like how they had to keep the Zyu sits for MMPRS2). It would be neat if the real story surfaced some day.

PS. Great work on the timeline!
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 07:50 AM #25
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

cognito29 wrote: View Post

Well, I suppose that might help them stretch the remaining Sentai out if Ryuusoulger really is the last.
They also have a ton of pre-zyu sentai, the footage might not be usable but some of the designs sure are (and Hasbro has shown they're willing to recreate all costumes) and the smaller toylines would fit an entire adaptation into 20 episodes.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 09:31 AM #26
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Is there still a real chance of Ryuusoulger being last? I thought it had done quite well so far... (although I'm never sure where to look for such info).
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 09:56 AM #27
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

big smile wrote: View Post

Is there still a real chance of Ryuusoulger being last? I thought it had done quite well so far... (although I'm never sure where to look for such info).
The truth is we won't know until the "schedule" of events Dukemon has drilled into our heads go radio silent.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 10th, 2019, 09:58 AM #28
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

We havent even seen the full potential of beast morphers.. a little too early to say what they can do better than neo saban.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 10:35 AM #29
> Sasori Orange
Power Ranger

Sasori Orange
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

We havent even seen the full potential of beast morphers.. a little too early to say what they can do better than neo saban.
But based on the reports from ThatHashtagShow insider sources and the filming photos on set of Beast Morphers season 2 have revealed....

They're doing the adaptation of the Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters Dino War team-up featuring MMPR, Dino Thunder, Dino Charge. Austin St. John, Brennan Mejia, Yoshi Sudarso, James Davies, Davi Santos will be returning. Keeper and Poisandra will be returning.

Also, Olivia Tennet (Dr. K) from RPM will be returning to help Beast Morphers Rangers to defeat a villain.

So, we can say for sure that Hasbro will be doing a much better job than Saban Brands.
Sasori Orange is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 11:29 AM #30
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

What I find interesting is that production was planned to start in Oct 2011, which seems early for a show that was starting in 2013. They were also going to start filming in Dec 11, which is rather odd, as they normally take an extended break of for Xmas when all the actors fly back to the US. It's almost like they were in a rush to get something on film.
Leading up to Super Samurai, everybody involved with production promised there would be more original material. A lot of the language was exaggerated and over promised, but it's worth remembering just how rushed Samurai production was.

Leading into the 20th, I suspect they didn't want to break stride. Evidently, by stalling production, Megaforce felt smaller than Super Samurai. Super Megaforce's production value and origial elements are a lot stronger, because it wasn't rushed over a few months.

Say what you will about the story and characters, but those later SM "filler" episodes are full of original setpieces, scenarios, fights, and genuine (see: not translated) moments.

PS. Great work on the timeline!
Did it on the phone, in the shower!

I saw you lurkin those old threads too
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 11:55 AM #31
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Sasori Orange wrote: View Post

But based on the reports from ThatHashtagShow insider sources and the filming photos on set of Beast Morphers season 2 have revealed....

They're doing the adaptation of the Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters Dino War team-up featuring MMPR, Dino Thunder, Dino Charge. Austin St. John, Brennan Mejia, Yoshi Sudarso, James Davies, Davi Santos will be returning. Keeper and Poisandra will be returning.

Also, Olivia Tennet (Dr. K) from RPM will be returning to help Beast Morphers Rangers to defeat a villain.

So, we can say for sure that Hasbro will be doing a much better job than Saban Brands.
That's... not really proof that Hasbro will be any better or worse. Saban brought back old cast members a lot too....and it almost always sucked when they did.
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 12:48 PM #32
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

We get a returning cast for teamups all the time, the QUALITY of the teamups is still up for debate from hasbro.
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:27 AM #33
> QueenBee9
Power Ranger

QueenBee9
Power Ranger

We get a returning cast for teamups all the time, the QUALITY of the teamups is still up for debate from hasbro.
I am glad to see that Jason David Frank won't be returning. I need a break from Green Ranger overload.
QueenBee9 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 07:29 AM #34
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

QueenBee9 wrote: View Post

I am glad to see that Jason David Frank won't be returning. I need a break from Green Ranger overload.
Only because the source footage has no jdf sentai counterpart. Otherwise, hasbro has shown that JDF is still their star player.
Old June 11th, 2019, 09:43 AM #35
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Only because the source footage has no jdf sentai counterpart. Otherwise, hasbro has shown that JDF is still their star player.

That has nothing to do with why he isn't in it, they could shoot new footage to incorporate him easily. The problem is ASJ being there...
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 09:59 AM #36
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

I prefer wait and see, because this is First PR season coming from Hasbro, and there is some confirmation for the team.up, well we know Hasbro really liked of Dimensions ins Danger
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 12:10 PM #37
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Xenotome wrote: View Post

That has nothing to do with why he isn't in it.
Obviously, the appearance of ASJ means an absence of JDF.

It's wrong to dismiss the source footage. The lineup of Great Dinosaur Battle isn't the height of importance, but it was the starting point. It's silly to say ASJ's cameo is incidental to that lineup.

Because of that footage, fans of Power Rangers have been asking for a Dino teamup, with Jason. ASJ's return is a direct result of people salivating over that footage.

If the footage also had DragonRanger, things might be different. Probably not.
Old June 11th, 2019, 12:31 PM #38
> maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

With the way JDF and ASJ are, if DragonRanger was in the footage and they wanted Jason, Green Ranger would be voiced by a random taken from the streets outside the recording studio.
maritroniuity is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 12:41 PM #39
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

maritroniuity wrote: View Post

With the way JDF and ASJ are, if DragonRanger was in the footage and they wanted Jason, Green Ranger would be voiced by a random taken from the streets outside the recording studio.
I could see DinoThunder being voiced by randos, but I don't think they'd try that for Tommy (again). Tommy is too well-known and high profile, and JDF's voice is too iconic.