Home Menu

Menu

Old April 2nd, 2018, 01:31 PM #4121
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

You might just have to watch it through non-legit means. Which is pretty simple if you just google "[insert anime here] episode #"
BlueMystechRanger is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 01:35 PM #4122
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

You might just have to watch it through non-legit means. Which is pretty simple if you just google "[insert anime here] episode #"
Actually, I found the whole series on Viz Media's website. They have it up to stream for free with ads (and the sponsorship logos are there, as I can see them in the thumbnails for the episodes). I wasn't sure that they'd have it there, as I heard that it was there, but that was months ago, so I thought they might've removed it.
GalaxyRed is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 01:44 PM #4123
> tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

So, I wanted to try watching Tiger & Bunny, but the only places I can legally watch it (I prefer dub by the way) is on Netflix, or on VUDU with some ads. As people have mentioned before, the Netflix version removes the sponsorship logos on the superhero costumes, and I noticed after watching a short bit of episode 1 on VUDU that it also doesn't have the logos. I would've been fine with that, but I'm hearing that the Netflix version has another problem; it cuts off the post-credit scenes after each episode, when those scenes usually continue in the next episode, so the transition is jarring. I'm not sure if VUDU's episodes do it, but that means both options are not viable. Where else can I watch it that doesn't require me buying the DVDs, or getting a subscription elsewhere?
You could also watch them on View Yahoo.

Completely free, with the only requirement (I think) is having a Yahoo account. And it keeps the sponsorship logos. It does use Hulu's interface, since this is basically what's left of what used to be Hulu Free.
tasti man LH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 03:03 PM #4124
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Most of the time it's because the manga isn't finished while the shows are still in production. I can't speak for Reborn but that's what happened to Bleach and that's what happened to both Hunter X Hunter series. Though Bleach's case is a bit more sad since the anime got cancelled and then, not long after than, the manga was cancelled and Kubo had to rush through the rest of it so fast that it ruined the story.

Sometimes studios are willing to put an anime on hold for a while like they've done with Fairy Tail...twice. But most of the time, they either just make their own ending or pull the plug on the show early. Hunter X Hunter still has a chance, but at the rate Togashi releases new chapters, don't expect to see the end of it until your grandkids have grandkids.
And One Piece. If that manga ever ends, I still think the anime will not stop...

But yeah, basically this. Also I feel like nowadays it's becoming more common for a manga to be purposely adapted into a short anime to tease people. Like Tokyo ESP. Fun anime, but doesn't finish the story and in fact ends with you knowing there's more out there. It's a solid enough story, since it adapts about the first three manga so it more or less has a beginning, middle, and end. But anyways, in the end they adapt the beginning of a manga, get people interested, but then it's over so they have to go buy the manga now to keep getting the story.

Or sometimes an anime just isn't finished, and that's that. Sucks, but it happens. Or it just didn't do well enough to warrant another season. Flowers of Evil was like that. Ended well before the story was over, even ended with scenes showing what was going to happen next, but never got another season.

Also thought I saw Tiger & Bunny on Hulu, but I don't know about the ads and such since I've never watched the show.
Alitain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 03:10 PM #4125
> tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

Alitain wrote: View Post

But yeah, basically this. Also I feel like nowadays it's becoming more common for a manga to be purposely adapted into a short anime to tease people.
Pretty much.

Anime adaptations of manga and light novels are treated as being advertisements for the source material and not really as standalone art. That by not completing the story in animated form, all it's doing is forcing people to buy the books to find out what happened next.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 03:16 PM #4126
> Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

Where else can I watch it that doesn't require me buying the DVDs, or getting a subscription elsewhere?
TubiTV, largest archive of free streaming entertainment.

They have a number of anime not even available on Crunchyroll.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 03:53 PM #4127
> Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

I started Date A Live II and Tohka is so funny and easily influenced
Olorin Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2018, 03:43 PM #4128
> tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

It's mentioned the R.I.P. thread, Isao Takahata, co-founder of Studio Ghibli and director of anime movies like Grave of the Fireflies, Pom Poko, and The Tale of Princess Kaguya, has passed away at 82.

Source
Old April 5th, 2018, 04:00 PM #4129
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

May his soul rest in peace
Spider-Phoenix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:28 AM #4130
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

So, I wanted to try watching Tiger & Bunny, but the only places I can legally watch it (I prefer dub by the way) is on Netflix, or on VUDU with some ads. As people have mentioned before, the Netflix version removes the sponsorship logos on the superhero costumes, and I noticed after watching a short bit of episode 1 on VUDU that it also doesn't have the logos. I would've been fine with that, but I'm hearing that the Netflix version has another problem; it cuts off the post-credit scenes after each episode, when those scenes usually continue in the next episode, so the transition is jarring. I'm not sure if VUDU's episodes do it, but that means both options are not viable. Where else can I watch it that doesn't require me buying the DVDs, or getting a subscription elsewhere?
Hey, I just started watching Tiger & Bunny on Hulu(actually watching it right now). I am curious about the show, but my point is it's dubbed and shows the sponsors on the costumes so you should try checking it out there then. I'm only on ep 4, but yeah they have sponsors on them; Bandai, Figuarts, Pepsi, etc etc. I will say, while it's fun I'm curious about Kotetsu. He's suppose to be the veteran hero, but acts basically the opposite. I can't help wonder at that, and maybe it'll change going forward, but it feels odd. Since he's suppose to have been doing this for years, it just seems at odds. But the show is fun so far, so it's all good. And I ended up laughing pretty hard when Tiger first started calling Barnaby 'Bunny'. It's a stupid scene but somehow it just worked.
Old April 16th, 2018, 01:41 PM #4131
> tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

I will say, while it's fun I'm curious about Kotetsu. He's suppose to be the veteran hero, but acts basically the opposite. I can't help wonder at that, and maybe it'll change going forward, but it feels odd. Since he's suppose to have been doing this for years, it just seems at odds.
*pokes head up from his own Tiger & Bunny reviews*

...yeaaaah this never made sense to me either.

That Kotetsu (and Rock Bison/Antonio) are supposed to be old guard Heroes that are the most experienced of the main cast that we can see...but they really don't act it. That they're more buffoonish and the source of the bulk of the comedy relief. It's just...kind of odd.
Old April 16th, 2018, 02:19 PM #4132
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

*pokes head up from his own Tiger & Bunny reviews*

...yeaaaah this never made sense to me either.

That Kotetsu (and Rock Bison/Antonio) are supposed to be old guard Heroes that are the most experienced of the main cast that we can see...but they really don't act it. That they're more buffoonish and the source of the bulk of the comedy relief. It's just...kind of odd.
Yeah, I haven't gotten to any real focus on Rock Bison(ep 9 now), but I agree. I mean Kotetsu has had a couple moments, but nothing that really screams 'vet hero'. I mean he can still be a 'play it by ear' type and such, but yeah it's been odd. Hasn't dampened my enjoyment yet, just an oddity.
Old April 16th, 2018, 05:14 PM #4133
> tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

Yeah, I haven't gotten to any real focus on Rock Bison(ep 9 now), but I agree. I mean Kotetsu has had a couple moments, but nothing that really screams 'vet hero'. I mean he can still be a 'play it by ear' type and such, but yeah it's been odd. Hasn't dampened my enjoyment yet, just an oddity.
Indeed. It kinda seems perfectly justifiable that Kotetsu should have been let go from his job, especially since Barnaby is much more professional and competent at it then he is.

----------------------------------------------------
Anyways, trailer for the dub of Re:Zero has hit...aka the Anime of 2016 that's only just NOW getting a dub released.

Cast list:
  • Sean Chiplock as Subaru
  • Kayli Mills as Emilia
  • Erica Mendez as Puck
  • Ryan Bartley as Ram
  • Brianna Knickerbocker as Rem
  • Kira Buckland as Beatrice
  • Ray Chase as Roswaal
  • Christine Marie Cabanos as Felt
  • Robbie Daymond as Reinhard
  • Faye Mata as Priscilla
  • Cassandra Morris as Anastasia
  • Sarah Williams as Felix
  • Marc Diraison as Wilhelm
  • Chris Tergliafera as Marcos
  • Beau Billingslea as Rom
  • Patrick Seitz as Kadomon
  • Cristina Vee as Elsa
  • Lucien Dodge as Chin
  • Arnie Pantoja as Kan
  • Erika Harlacher as Crusch
  • Keith Silverstein as Al
  • Xanthe Huynh as Kadomon's Daughter
  • Chris Cason as Convenience Store Staff
  • Ian Alden as Demon Clan Chief
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:09 PM #4134
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

My friend's watched Rei: Zero and really enjoyed it, so he'll be happy to learn it's getting dubbed.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 11:37 PM #4135
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

New Tenchi series dub cast has been announced and some of the old voices are back:

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018...-announcement/
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:39 AM #4136
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

New Tenchi series dub cast has been announced and some of the old voices are back:

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018...-announcement/
I remember hearing about the Tenchi teacher shorts a couple years ago. Think I watched a couple of them, they really were short. I didn't care for it much, and I remember reading some of the characters were definitely different and not just in appearances. Not sure I'll bother getting this, but who knows. Nice that they got some of the original cast back though so that's cool.
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM #4137
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

So now that I finished Yugioh I'm finally getting around to the Full Metal Alchemist manga
Allio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM #4138
> Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

Olorin Ranger
Imagine Breaker

I am watching Yuru Camp and it is now my anime of the year.
Olorin Ranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote