Menu

Old March 19th, 2018, 04:35 PM #21
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

"Powers! Yes!" JB exclaimed, pulling out two devices from his duffle bag. "Gabe? Jezebel? I present... your new morphers!"
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 06:20 PM #22
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Blake looked over at his teammates new morphers. “Looks like you guys finally got an upgrade!” he said
RedLegacyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2018, 06:26 PM #23
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Gabe took his and looked it over. Silver accents glinted on the wrist-mounted morpher, and inside its casing sat a green gemstone. He strapped it on, grinning.

"I like it--am I going to get cool superpowers like you did, Blake? I mean the energy projection stuff you've been doing."

Jezebel hesitated. She drew out a red and silver morpher, glanced at Blake, and then at JB.

"...Er, shouldn't Blake have this one?"
MichelleTheEditor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 05:00 PM #24
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Blake chuckled, “It’s your turn to take the red pill.” he said.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 10:25 AM #25
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB smiled. "Well, we spoke about it and Blake was convinced that black was his color. I even found a way to change the color of his stone but not affect his powers, but... he said he wanted to step down. He recommended you to be the field leader for the team, Jezebel. You're the new red ranger.

"As for the powers, Gabe, I actually don't know what your powers are gonna be. It's kinda based on genetics... I don't fully understand how it works. I basically did a copy/paste job when making these morphers. The tech behind the morpher Blake was given is lightyears ahead of anything I've seen before."
Old March 22nd, 2018, 11:32 AM #26
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Jezebel looked from JB to Blake and back at the morpher. She took a deep breath, nodded, and put it on.

"Thank you, I can't even tell you how much of an honor this is." She started to smile. "I'll do my best to live up to it."

"Sounds fine to me," Gabe said. "Glad to have you in charge, Jez."
Old March 22nd, 2018, 02:04 PM #27
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Blake put his hand on Jezebel’s shoulder, “I’ve known you for a while, and honestly, you got this!” Blake said. He took his hand of her shoulder, and stood next to Jb.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 03:42 PM #28
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB couldn't help but smile himself. Jezebel wasn't one to show emotion like she was at that moment. The whole thing felt... right.

And now here's to hoping the next thing doesn't sour everything...

"So, onto the mission... as you all know, Nek is now sporting Digital's ability to hack into anything he wants. Fortunately, thanks to Sean, we can even the odds and meet his algorithms with our own to make a standstill... but that's only when we know what he is targeting, and we can't completely mask ourselves. If you teleport there, you'll only trigger an alert on Nek's servers.

"That is just a guess, but if SPD is constantly monitoring Harwood for signs of energy spikes, I guarantee you that Nek is, too. So, you guys will have to drive there in a generic car we procured for you three. Drive there and infiltrate, but do not morph. You can use your comms, though. With a mix of VPN and GPS spoofing, mixed with Sean's anti-Digital magic, we can make your communications look like they won't be coming from near the facility. There's no way Nek or his goons can get around that, so you should be safe.

"I'll stay here on standby with A-Squad. Dr. Manx will be monitoring your morphers if and when you need to morph."

"On that note," Doggie stated, entering the room. "Your mission is to go in and assess the situation. Once you confirm it is a Nek facility and we are able to ascertain what is going on in there, it will be your job to morph and confiscate as much evidence as you can, having one of you transporting the evidence through our SPD portals we now have thanks to Gosei. When it seems as if the tides are turning and you cannot take more evidence, destroy the entire facility. This is a game of resources with Nek and if we can't have it, neither can he. Destroy everything."

"And as for the workers," JB added. "Your morphers have a judgment feature, just like A-Squad. You, too, Blake. I added that feature last time I had your morpher. The device will downmorph the info on how to use it properly into your brains after you morph, but just to let you know beforehand: you simply push the judgment button and point it at the perp. It will scan the perp's biorhythms and give a preliminary judgment to arrest or not. From there, the perp is taken to a pocket dimension created at that moment in a detainment card and then you secure it on a pouch on your belt to deliver back to SPD for further processing, which includes a proper investigation and the reading of rights and what have you."

Doggie nodded, reaching forward to hand car keys to Jezebel. "I have studied your old fights, rangers... remember, Jezebel is your field commander. Listen to her and don't get chaotic. I'm partially using this mission to establish a baseline for you three working together. After this, we'll do drills to help you three work as a team, under SPD protocols. The more streamlined you are, the more likely you'll be able to take Nek down once and for all. Any questions?"

"What the heck were you doing?" Derek asked, staring at the patient before him.

"My buddy dared me to put the bottle rocket up my--"

"Okay, okay," Derek said, nodding. "Well, that wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'll have the nurse come get you prepped so we can remove it."

As he walked out of the room Derek had been in, another doctor walked past him in a hurry. Derek's bionic senses led him quickly to realize the whole staff from all across the ER were rushing to the Attending Physician's desk.

Arriving, Derek saw the Attending had a grim look on his face.

"There is some sort of Monster attack in a suburban area. First we've heard of in a long time. So, everyone get ready, got it? We're likely going to have a lot of traffic in here soon. Try to get your current patients either discharged or referred to another department as quickly as possible. Go, go! Oh, and may I speak with you, Dr. Radcliff?"

As the other staff members scurried away, the Attending Physician stared at Derek.

"Can I count on you?"

"Of course, Dr. Planuv! I--"

"What I mean is... you are here for residency, and I let you in not because of your stardom. That's why I got the hospital to stop with your stupid Saturday morning autograph sessions."

"And I thank you for that, deeply, I--"

"What I'm saying is, you're on shift here for another three hours. I need you here, got it? Not out there."

Derek paused. It hadn't occurred to him of the conflict, but Dr. Planuv was right. Given another few moments, Derek would have likely left to go prevent as many people from getting hurt as possible, but it would have left his current patients in the hands of the staff. They would have also been shorthanded, or would have had to bring in one of the on-call residents.

"Yes, Dr. Planuv. I'm here till the end of my shift."

"Good. I need you here. We are an organization and we can't have key members bailing on us. Now go get rocket boy out of my ER so we can focus on the people who are really needing us."

Derek turned and began to get back to work. He was grateful for his new position at the hospital, but was concerned about how it would affect Team Patriot. He had really never given the thought of how his two duties would conflict. Was what he was doing sustainable?

"Derek!" Sampson's voice was heard shouting in Derek's ears via the cochlear bionics that had been installed recently.

Derek only slightly jumped from the surprise of hearing Sampson. "Gotta get used to this... Sampson, I know about the attack. I have three more hours here. I can't help. See you then! Gotta go!"

Sampson stared at his monitor in confusion. "Um... Lux? Derek said he can't help out until his shift ends. Um... what now? That thing is causing havoc in that neighborhood."

Sampson swallowed. Ever since Team Patriot had gotten back together, Lux seemed fine for the most part... but there was something off about her. There were times she seemed to get sensitive about morphing and going out to help Derek patrol for clues toward Nek's whereabouts. Sampson had brought it up to Derek, but all Derek would say is it had something to do with Lux having become the White Omega Ranger and to just let Lux deal with it.

Sampson had not liked that, but respected Lux's privacy and had not intruded. He felt a little off about the whole thing, especially because Derek apparently knew something about Lux he did not. But, in the end, he did not bring anything up to her out of respect.

As he waited for Lux's reply, Sampson began pulling up the newsfeed on his monitor. The monster was evading pictures, being too quick for the wannabe photographers with their smartphones. It seemed to be the height of a tall man, but hulking out with large muscles. It was definitely going to be another bit of "fun" for the rangers, but a welcome change of pace over the last few months of relative peace, save for the occasional nugget on one of Nek's operations.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:14 PM #29
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"Sounds like a solid plan," Jezebel said, with a nod, taking the car keys. "We'll be careful not to say anything that might clue him in on our real whereabouts until we're actually discovered."

Gabe raised his hand. "Er, if our job is mostly just assessing the situation, is there a particular reason we're the ones doing it? I know we're the Rangers so it's kind of our job to deal with Nek stuff, but if our goal is stealth then wouldn't it be a good idea to send someone whose face won't get instantly recognized?"

"It's only a matter of time before we have to reveal ourselves," Jezebel replied. "We'd need to be there to confiscate evidence anyway; inserting another party just complicates the situation and raises the risk of failure."

"Fair enough," Gabe said.

"Good. I think you'll probably be the best one to handle the delivery; Blake will be able to use his energy constructs to keep the enemy distracted when the time comes," Jezebel said. Gabe looked a little unsure, and she added, "This isn't about fighting experience, I know you're just as capable as we are."

Gabe smiled wryly. "I'm not, but thanks for saying it. I'll do exactly as you guys tell me to."

"In that case, let's go." With nods of acknowledgment to the superior officers (they weren't part of SPD, a salute might have been inappropriate) Jezebel led the way out of the room, to the garage.

The plain, grey car waiting for them seemed out of place sitting next to Zords and other SPD vehicles, but that was the point, after all . Jezebel took the driver's seat.

Lux looked up from her own computer, where she'd been trying to run a vehicle simulation. Emphasis on trying. The models just kept glitching out on her--when they weren't crashing the computer. The poor machine's fans roared as they tried to keep up with the heat. It was frustrating, but at least it kept her preoccupied.

Now she came over to look at Sampson's monitor and look at the monster. "Huh. I guess I can't blame him, he cares a lot about this job and we're not exactly short on Rangers. Has SPD noticed this yet?"
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:38 PM #30
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Sampson shook his head. "Hadn't thought about asking. Shooting them a message right now.

"So... you think this monster is Nek related? Is he finally breaking his silence?"

Charlie pursed her lips as she watched the monitor. "Really? A monster? On the same day we are testing Cyber Waste-of-our-Time?"

Dr. Manx sighed. "We'll he the judges of whether it's a waste. Get your team ready to corral this thing. On orders of Commander Cruger."

"Yes, ma'am," Charlie stated. She saluted and went out to get her team assembled.

JB stared at the message he had received from Sampson. He showed it to Cruger.

"Yes, I'm aware. I already have A-Squad on it," Cruger stated. "On that note... Manx will also be dealing with it. You're going to be watching Cyber Unit on your own."

"Can I do it from my base, then?" JB asked, trying to take advantage of the situation.

"Sure, but report back here as soon as it finishes." Cruger ordered, turning and leaving the room.

"Yes, sir," JB stated before opening a portal to his base.

"Welcome back," Chambers stated with a smile.

"Cyber Unit is live," JB said with a sparkle in his eye.

"Ooo..." Chambers exclaimed. "I'm excited!"

"Red?" JB said into his communicator. "Let me know when you guys arrive at the spot!"
Old March 23rd, 2018, 10:12 PM #31
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Blake followed Jez and Gabe to the garage. He hopped in the passenger seat, “Alright, before we do this, I need a coffee.” he said
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:39 PM #32
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"Well...I'm not sure who else would be sending out monsters, but this isn't really his style. He's a scumbag, but he doesn't usually target civilians," Lux said. "I guess it could be a new bad guy wannabe. That would be bad."

"Will do, JB," Jezebel said into the comms. At Blake's comment, she gave him a dubious look. "Coffee? Is this really the time?"

"Well, if it's not too far out of our way it'd be a good reason to park the car and wander towards the warehouse," Gabe suggested.

Last edited by MichelleTheEditor; March 26th, 2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old March 26th, 2018, 08:39 AM #33
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Blake looked at Jezebel, “Good to have you back Jez.” he said with a dull tone. Blake pulled out his phone, he looked up the nearest coffee shop. “I like Gabe’s idea , there’s one like five minutes walking distance from the warehouse.” he said
Old March 29th, 2018, 03:34 PM #34
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Jezebel nodded and started the car, heading out of the garage and into the street. "Let me know where to turn," she said.
Old March 29th, 2018, 04:05 PM #35
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Take a right, then keep on going straigh, and you should see Harwood Coffee on the left hand side.” Blake said, while looking at his phone.
Old March 30th, 2018, 10:17 AM #36
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

The trip was short. Jezebel wondered just how bold Nek felt right now, making a base so close to SPD headquarters. The coffee shop looked a little skeevy, with a tiny, unmarked parking lot and an old building, but as they pulled up Jezebel got a whiff of coffee and cinnamon.

"I can get the coffee," Gabe said, unbuckling. "What do you guys want?"

Jezebel ignored him, speaking into the comms. "We're within sight of the building."
Old March 30th, 2018, 11:48 AM #37
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Just get me an ice coffee, with almond milk, and get yourself something dude.” Blake said, pulling out a twenty dollar bill, and handed it to Gabe. He unbuckled and reclined his seat. “I can’t believe we are actually working with SPD. Who knew when we started, we'd be doing this ya know’. “ Blake said
Old April 1st, 2018, 10:45 AM #38
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

((I hope it wasn't a god-mod to have placed a Nek facility in Harwood! I was going based on what Blake was doing with his investigations. We can change something if you guys want!
Also, I just saw these replies now!))

Sampson nodded. "Okay , then... so, what do you think? Keep monitoring or--?"

"Monitoring is for chumps," Jenkins said suddenly, making his presence in the room known. "I'm thinking of taking The Patriot out in stealth mode to survey what this thing is and attacking promptly. And Miss Lux... if you're up for it, I could always use a ranger escort..."

Sampson swallowed hard. He was curious to see what Lux's response would be to the invitation.

JB looked to Chambers, noting an odd look on her face. "What's wrong?"

"You won't believe this..." She replied. "Monster attack in a relatively nearby suburb to where Jezebel and crew are."

JB's mind began spinning. "No... no, it can't be a coincidence. Ugh! This may be a trap! I have to tell Jezebel--"

"Wait a moment..." Chambers interrupted. "I dunno, JB. Attacking a suburb just doesn't seem like Nek's calling card."

"But look at this-Cyber Unit gets close to this facility and it just so happens that once they do, a monster appears to distract them? It's obvious he wants them not to go!" JB declared.

"Then why not attack them directly?" Chambers questioned.

"Plausible deniability? We won't be able to prove Nek had a facility there, and he moves everything before we go back to investigate. Leaves us wondering if what we saw was really what we had thought," JB replied.

"I dunno... this just feels off..." Chambers stated, continuing to wonder. "But one thing is for sure - they need to go to that facility."

"Then I'll go deal with the monster," JB stated as he stood up.

"No... you need to stay and monitor Cyber Unit," Chambers stated as she, herself, stood. "I'll go and try and get civilians out of the way. I'm sure SPD will go help. I'll also contact Team Patriot."

"Ooo... Deeerrreeek..." JB sang.

"I will rip your face off before you get a chance to morph, funny boy," Chambers said with a laugh. "I'll be right back. Good luck."

"You, too," JB said as Chambers vanished into a portal.

JB then went to his communicator. "Red? Whatever you hear near your neighborhood on the radio or anything? Ignore it and please meet up at the spot for the, umm... thing you're doing. We are taking care of it. But... time is of the essence. Get to the meet up spot so you can... uh... start setting up for our flag football game immediately. I'm afraid if you guys don't set up soon we won't have enough time to play and everyone will leave. Please, please hurry!"
Old April 2nd, 2018, 11:17 AM #39
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Overhearing JB's message to Jezebel over the communicator, Blake activated his out of some worry. "What the heck is going on JB?" he said, looking out, watching out for Gabe.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 03:02 PM #40
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB sat, stunned. If Nek was listening in, there was no way he wouldn't put two and two together to know who "JB" was. He gathered himself to do the best he could do.

"Just get that football game going, alright?" He said. "Don't let anything distract you. Let me know how the game goes!"

Tags
crisis crunch, here we go again, nek is back, new beginnings, rpg