Menu

Old September 9th, 2018, 11:46 AM #101
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Yamato wrote: View Post

Zi-O is going to be fun to collect.

HLJ still have nothing. CSToys get barely anything then they sell out. Mandarake has nothing.

I will not give into temptation and turn to EBay...
It's the first few weeks and also apparently Bandai understocked Zi-O. Mandarake wouldn't have anything yet because they never get brand new releases.

Wait a month or too and it'll be much easier.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 02:03 PM #102
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

It's the first few weeks and also apparently Bandai understocked Zi-O. Mandarake wouldn't have anything yet because they never get brand new releases.

Wait a month or too and it'll be much easier.
Mandarake have had Zi-O stuff in, they've just been selling so quickly. I am well aware they are pre-owned only. I've shopped at several stores in person.

It's not really acceptable to have to wait at least a month after release for stock. If Power Rangers Legacy items were this limited, would that be okay? I'd guess 95% of this board would say no.
Yamato is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 02:09 PM #103
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

To be fair, if you live in Japan, there isn't much issue going to a store and grabbing Zio stuff off the shelves. It's the online wholesalers that are being undershipped stock from what I've seen.
AnAlpha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2018, 02:30 PM #104
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

AnAlpha wrote: View Post

To be fair, if you live in Japan, there isn't much issue going to a store and grabbing Zio stuff off the shelves. It's the online wholesalers that are being undershipped stock from what I've seen.
Indeed. But it does surprise me because Bandai knows there's an overseas market. So why do they choose to shoot themselves in the foot, and starve online retailers of stock when they could be making more money?
Old September 9th, 2018, 05:01 PM #105
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Items always sell out quickly when a new show starts. This shouldn't be a new concept to you.1
Old September 9th, 2018, 05:27 PM #106
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

Yamato wrote: View Post

Indeed. But it does surprise me because Bandai knows there's an overseas market. So why do they choose to shoot themselves in the foot, and starve online retailers of stock when they could be making more money?
I'm just responding to your comment:

It's not really acceptable to have to wait at least a month after release for stock. If Power Rangers Legacy items were this limited, would that be okay? I'd guess 95% of this board would say no.
Power Rangers Legacy items were freely available online and in stores in the USA (RIP TRU), but sometimes harder for folks not in official territories to get. This is the same thing. We're not their target market. If the stores, where the majority of sales happen, are well-stocked, then to the target market, there is no problem.

Items always sell out quickly when a new show starts. This shouldn't be a new concept to you.1
I think what's diff this time around is that we're not talking about normal stock coming in and selling out, but the fact that Bandai seems to be understocking some retailers. I don't think it's just Zi-O either, as I mentioned this happened with LvP stuff back in August as well
Old September 9th, 2018, 06:20 PM #107
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Of course itís not a new concept, youíre missing the point. Bandai is having difficulty getting stock to its outlets. This is a new concept.

Weíre seeing no preorders like normal, stock comes in the release date, sells out quickly... and instead of staying out of stock... it bounces back and forth with and without stock.

Like AnAlpha said. Last quarter with Lu/Pat as well, so itís been getting progressively worse.
Lord Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:05 AM #108
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

Taichi wrote: View Post

Like AnAlpha said. Last quarter with Lu/Pat as well, so itís been getting progressively worse.
It happened with Build too. It started off nice and smooth, there were a few bumps with Full Bottle sets not going up for pre-order until maybe 1 or 2 days before release. But it got bad by mid-season and then the Evol Driver was hard to get.

I saw a Ziku Driver on Mandarake but I didn't know what the RRP was as the Bandai catalog site states "Open price". I've seen the first page says 7500, which is what the price was on Mandarake. So i'd rather wait and see if HLJ get them in so I can ship with my Ride Watch Holder I got by some miracle.

It's frustrating because I'm basically yelling at Bandai "TAKE MY MONEY. PLEASE". I promise I'll stop moaning about this issue once I have a Ziku Driver in my hands .
Old September 10th, 2018, 08:40 AM #109
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Most places go with 7500 yen for the main drivers, although Cs Toys has been asking 9000. I ordered that Ziku Driver Mandarake had, hopefully I'll get it. I'm fully expecting them to come back and say it's already sold.
Old September 10th, 2018, 09:25 AM #110
> AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay
AnAlpha
Power Ranger

32 eBay

wrt to FB sets not going up until just before release, we saw it with Ex-Aid too. IIRC those times were usually due to the dang gag order lifting date being at the beginning of the month/quarter and the release also being in the same timeframe. This means the honorable shops couldn't put it up until just before release. This also meant that they weren't always able to gauge interest in the product and order enough to fill the demand, so had to guess on demand and may have played it safe.
Old September 11th, 2018, 12:12 AM #111
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

So I e-mailed HLJ asking if they had any idea when/if they'd get more Zi-O toys in stock. Got a generic answer...

"Hi--

Thanks for writing.

We are very sorry, but we have unfortunately already completely sold out of the very small quantity of the Jiku Driver and the Gates Ride Watch that Bandai allotted to us (including wholesale purchases):

https://hlj.com/product/BANN23686/Sci

https://hlj.com/product/BANN29819/Sci"

Probably going to end up caving at some point and going to EBay. But it seems no-one is selling the Driver with the Cross-Z Ride Watch....for a reasonable price anyway.
Old September 11th, 2018, 02:13 AM #112
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Ziku Driver paid for! Managed to get one off Mandarake in a stunning feat I'll likely never be able to repeat. Now I just need more Ride Watches...
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:46 AM #113
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

DX Kamen Rider Drive Ride Watch review by k2eizo

I believe the Armor Time sounds messed up as it played Geiz's Time Burst sounds, rather than his henshin sounds. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work but with Zi-O it plays the henshin sound.

Anyways, I like it. Love the sounds and I'm a big fan of Drive. I'll....try and get this....somehow.
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:15 AM #114
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

My Ziku Driver's shipped. A Claws Ride Watch popped up on Mandarake, so I tried to get it. Here's hoping...
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:20 AM #115
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

My Ziku Driver's shipped. A Claws Ride Watch popped up on Mandarake, so I tried to get it. Here's hoping...
I saw that. For 4000Yen you can gladly have it, haha. I'll wait a while until I try and buy anything. I'm in the (long) process of moving house and my bedroom will be smaller. So I'll be very limited with what toys I can display. =/
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:25 AM #116
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

I figure it's a campaign item, so it's only gonna get more expensive with time probably. Especially something like this, that's in the show and has unique sounds.
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:26 AM #117
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Thanks to a couple extras in the shipment, I was able to snag a Ziku Driver from Tokullectibles! Boom!

So with the Driver obtained, I can now just concentrate on the Ride Watches. I'm afraid that they're going to be like the Lock Seeds. Just hopefully, not as many... but I probably can't get that lucky lol!
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:42 AM #118
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Taichi wrote: View Post

Thanks to a couple extras in the shipment, I was able to snag a Ziku Driver from Tokullectibles! Boom!

So with the Driver obtained, I can now just concentrate on the Ride Watches. I'm afraid that they're going to be like the Lock Seeds. Just hopefully, not as many... but I probably can't get that lucky lol!
Just with what's been revealed I think we're about where Lock seeds were (At least screen-used Locks). And that's only from quarter 1.
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:54 AM #119
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

I have all the screen used locks (sans the bikes)... we're not quite there... yet. About half-way. And my comment was more tongue-in-cheek... because I know there's going to be more.

Gaim has around 40-45 that were used in show/movies. That's counting everything including the bikes. Zi-O has... what, 25ish? That's a give or take. I suppose we'll take a slow down over the next quarters. It just depends on how far they want to go with other forms.

And congrats and I hope you get that Cross-Z Ride Watch... cause that's a great price!
Old September 15th, 2018, 12:49 PM #120
> Yamato
King of the Pirates

Yamato
King of the Pirates

Jikan Girade made its way onto HLJ so I picked one up. Also scored a Ziku Driver and Ride Watch set on Mandarake. Interesting note, the set doesn't come with the Ghost Ride Watch but does come with the Geiz one. Good thing I have a Ride Watch in my private warehouse on HLJ. Now I can wear two holders like in the show .