Menu

Old May 17th, 2019, 01:12 PM #201
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

maslego wrote: View Post

I think we're reaching the point where our imaginations are forming a series that we'll never get because the truth almost never lines up with what we imagine at this point.
Happens every year.
Not to me.

Then again, I don't assume anything based solely on a name, so...
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 05:39 AM #202
> kyuparanger
Power Ranger

kyuparanger
Power Ranger

I think maybe we could get some Faiz elements with maybe a MP3 player/Walkman henshin belt. One thing Faiz did well that Megaranger didn’t do well in is making the arsenal feel more realistic while also looking more stylized.
kyuparanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:30 AM #203
> Coolasbreeze
Power Ranger

Coolasbreeze
Power Ranger

kyuparanger wrote: View Post

I think maybe we could get some Faiz elements with maybe a MP3 player/Walkman henshin belt. One thing Faiz did well that Megaranger didn’t do well in is making the arsenal feel more realistic while also looking more stylized.
It would be ironic how the riders with numbers 555 and Fourze have the least forms but have a fuck ton of gear.
Coolasbreeze is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:42 PM #204
> Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

Veteran Ranger
Let's Ride

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Not to me.

Then again, I don't assume anything based solely on a name, so...
For me, it's just fun to speculate and let my mind run wild with ideas. We also have some very interesting hints, especially "Business vs. Business." What sort of business would make a rider system? Why? Does the other business make kaijins?

Then if you add in the "G3 Unit + Exterminators (from Amazonz)" hint, it's hard not to ignore the idea of a business with a unit of mass-production pseudo-riders. Maybe it's just the writer in me, but I have so much fun with this every year.
Veteran Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:55 PM #205
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

While the most evident "villainous corporation" in KR up to now is Smart Brain of Faiz (who basically was just screwing with things and just had some members more evidently on the payroll or hired like Lucky Clover) and the most evident "heroic corporation" (or the closest to it) is the Kougami Foundation of OOO (you could say BOARD but they were just sort of a group that had Riders on the payroll and didn't matter after the first couple episodes outside some endgame stuff anyway), I could see a lot of elements of corporate sabotage and espionage if done right. Have a Rider who works for the bad guys at the start, realizes it and escapes with their technology, ultimately working with another corporation who starts researching it thus turning it into an arms race between the two of them. It feels like a modern take on a Showa-style conflict and somehow I could like if they do it that way.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:20 PM #206
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

FerrousMaelstrom wrote: View Post

Yeah, for every accurate guess there's a wildly off one. From memory; Drive being computer themed, Ghost being fashion or special ops themed (though fashion was a little bit right), Build being construction themed.
I still believe that that ghost rumor was based on early talks and ended up being why the ghosts took the form of hoodies.

On a separate note; the then rumored use of pinback buttons/badges to transform needs to be implemented some day since that would be a brilliant collectible!
LazerwolfX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:40 PM #207
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

While the most evident "villainous corporation" in KR up to now is Smart Brain of Faiz (who basically was just screwing with things and just had some members more evidently on the payroll or hired like Lucky Clover) and the most evident "heroic corporation" (or the closest to it) is the Kougami Foundation of OOO (you could say BOARD but they were just sort of a group that had Riders on the payroll and didn't matter after the first couple episodes outside some endgame stuff anyway), I could see a lot of elements of corporate sabotage and espionage if done right. Have a Rider who works for the bad guys at the start, realizes it and escapes with their technology, ultimately working with another corporation who starts researching it thus turning it into an arms race between the two of them. It feels like a modern take on a Showa-style conflict and somehow I could like if they do it that way.
Pretty sure Foundation X is pretty villainous. Oh my god what if this is finally a series focusing on them as the main threat!
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 02:02 PM #208
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

I would honestly hate that so much. I think Foundation X needs to be allowed to die.

I completely understand the appeal of a Shocker for all the post Decade series, but KR’s inconsistent continuity, the villain’s various conflicting plans that make no sense as to why they’d need to be funded, and FX’s complete inability to serve as a bridge between the series meant that they were largely going to be “responsible” by showing up and claiming credit, only to disappear a moment later, never to be seen or heard from again.

Foundation X are bad in the same way that Zemo from CA: Civil War and Mads Mikkelsen’s character in Spectre are bad. Claiming responsibility for all the evil goings-on generally just leads to a shitload of plot holes.

Last edited by LazerwolfX; May 22nd, 2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old May 21st, 2019, 02:14 PM #209
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

I still believe that that ghost rumor was based on early talks and ended up being why the ghosts took the form of hoodies.
I get the feeling this happens a lot. I remember years ago there being rumors for the secondary Rider in Wizard being dice-themed and while Beast was hardly dice-themed himself he has a dice-themed weapon. The "rumor guys" might sometimes be sharing tidbits while Toei and Bandai are still spitballing which is why there are nuggets of truth to the rumors so often, even if it was overall wrong.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 02:35 PM #210
> kyuparanger
Power Ranger

kyuparanger
Power Ranger

Maybe Zero-1 could be the spiritual successor to Zi-O and have him be a cyborg. Like maybe a experiment or an accident. That would lend really well to the Spider-Man rumors and also satisfy the G-3 rumors.
kyuparanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 21st, 2019, 04:46 PM #211
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

While the most evident "villainous corporation" in KR up to now is Smart Brain of Faiz (who basically was just screwing with things and just had some members more evidently on the payroll or hired like Lucky Clover)
Forgot about Namba Industries. Who funded Faust and the Rider Project in Build and basically started civil war. Then others like Foundation X Yggdrasil and Gemn Corp.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 06:08 PM #212
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

kyuparanger wrote: View Post

Maybe Zero-1 could be the spiritual successor to Zi-O and have him be a cyborg. Like maybe a experiment or an accident. That would lend really well to the Spider-Man rumors and also satisfy the G-3 rumors.
I meeeeeeean... He doesn’t /have/ to be the spiritual successor because he’s the literal successor. Also how does one accidentally become a cyborg?
Old May 25th, 2019, 06:15 PM #213
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

I meeeeeeean... He doesn’t /have/ to be the spiritual successor because he’s the literal successor. Also how does one accidentally become a cyborg?
Doesn't sound possible lol although you could be one without knowing it (Utsumi in Build comes to mind)
screamqueen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 06:30 PM #214
> Riderdimension
The only one

Riderdimension
The only one

I think they meant the protagonist has a bad accident and to save his life he is fitted with cybernetics
Riderdimension is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 08:12 PM #215
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Forgot about Namba Industries. Who funded Faust and the Rider Project in Build and basically started civil war. Then others like Foundation X Yggdrasil and Gemn Corp.
Haven't seen Build or Ex-Aid and Foundation X is more just evil scientists.

Yggdrasil though...the thing about them is that considering the situation with them is more just dependent on the member (Zangetsu had noble intentions despite the cold manner he handled things, Duke just basically being way too obsessed with science, the factor they were more into having Rider mooks than the MotW like the Inves...and Micchi just going nuts despite Kouta's obsession in saving him), its' slightly different than Smart Brain.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 01:38 AM #216
> DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

Haven't seen Build or Ex-Aid
You need to fix that.
DekaRed Prime is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:52 AM #217
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Foundation X is more just evil scientists.
Were they? It seemed like their main function was a business that invested in different projects. Whenever they showed up it was because they were funding some villain's plan.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 12:49 PM #218
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

DekaRed Prime wrote: View Post

You need to fix that.
He will in the future he just taking his time
sylarking is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 12:54 PM #219
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

I doubt it but do you think we'll get something like Kamen Rider Gaia?
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 01:27 PM #220
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

maslego wrote: View Post

I doubt it but do you think we'll get something like Kamen Rider Gaia?
Kamen Rider 3 and Kamen Rider Gaia both started out as obscure manga-only Riders and one of them got reintroduced for a movie, so Zero-One taking inspiration from Gaia or having Gaia appear in a movie isn't impossible.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote