RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 12th, 2017, 07:55 AM   #41
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

A report says there may be a second wedding during the crossover.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arrowvers...183700198.html

Which means, first, Oliver and Felicity have to rekindle their romance. Maybe thinking he lost her on Lian Yu, and knowing his son needs a mother, do that.
When will the Olicity stuff end? I'm serious.
AdrenalineRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #42
darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

Sadly it looks to be true.
There is a photo of Irish/Barry and Oliver/Felicity standing at the alter with Diggle (not in best man/maid of honor positions but side by side) doing the ceremony and another of their 'first kiss' as a married couple.
darkshadowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #43
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

I'd be upset about this, but you kind of knew something was going to happen with how season 5 was showing them getting closer by the its finale before the island blew up.
GalaxyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:48 AM   #44
PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

I HATE Olicity with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns. But for the love of god, if you are going to put them together, leave them the fuck alone.
Don't drum up some stupid, unnatural, unearned drama for some will they won't they plot bullshit they want to drag on for half the season.
PedroMcNamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 01:43 PM   #45
Virus
Power Ranger

Which means, first, Oliver and Felicity have to rekindle their romance. Maybe thinking he lost her on Lian Yu, and knowing his son needs a mother, do that.
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #46
Alitain
God of Benevolence

They were already shown becoming close again last season, it was actually done pretty well. So it's not like them getting closer and trying the relationship again will be out of left field.
That link though just sounds like a lot of speculation. All because Oliver and Felicity are standing by Barry and Iris during the wedding. But really, those two would be standing by each other regardless. And if they're in a relationship then it also makes sense they'd stand together. Doesn't necessarily mean they're getting hitched too.

Though going straight for marriage in the crossover would feel a bit rushed, I'd rather see the relationship take it's time but I guess at least they have years of being with each other and one near marriage already so I guess you can almost expect or excuse the fast track if the rumor does end up true.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:00 PM   #47
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Well, I really do hope that Olicity remains a friendship than returning to being a relationship for the rest of the series or else, we may see a HIMYM twist that Oliver and Felicity reconcile in the finale. Come on, their romance was one of the reasons why fans (obviously not all fans) felt that season 4 sucked. Them as a romantic couple just doesn't work at all.
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:04 PM   #48
TyrannoRanger
VIP Rider

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Well, I really do hope that Olicity remains a friendship than returning to being a relationship for the rest of the series or else, we may see a HIMYM twist that Oliver and Felicity reconcile in the finale. Come on, their romance was one of the reasons why fans (obviously not all fans) felt that season 4 sucked. Them as a romantic couple just doesn't work at all.
Exactly! Them not being together is part of why the story was so great in season 5. It was able to focus on other things
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #49
Chiron723
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

It wasn't the Olicity romance that (most) people hated, it was the Olicity drama. If they rekindled the romance and lost all the unnecessary drama, it would work just fine.
Chiron723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:58 PM   #50
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Chiron723 wrote: View Post

It wasn't the Olicity romance that (most) people hated, it was the Olicity drama. If they rekindled the romance and lost all the unnecessary drama, it would work just fine.
Correction, it was both the romance and drama of the couple that angered fans.
Old October 13th, 2017, 10:31 PM   #51
⚡Titanium321

Chiron723 wrote: View Post

It was two fold, a lot of people hate shipping in general and were mad at what they perceived as giving shipper fans special treatment, but then the writing was also terrible and made Felicty a terrible character to make the drama work.

Honestly, they just aren't good at writing romance or female characters in general. Olicity would be fine if they didn't keep forcing conflict into the relationship instead of just letting it be a part of the characters not the driving factor for them. Let the drama come natural as story goes, don't do a series of "put them together and break them apart" stories that progress nothing else on the show.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:28 AM   #52
PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

Is the crossover before the first hiatus?
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #53
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

PedroMcNamara wrote: View Post

Is the crossover before the first hiatus?
That's how it usually goes. The first hiatus of the show generally happens after episode 9 for all shows. The crossover is episode 8 for all shows.
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:37 AM   #54
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
Teaser spot

GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:50 AM   #55
PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

Cannot get here fast enuff for my tastes.
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #56
Alitain
God of Benevolence

I'm glad to see Alex with the group, more inclusion of Supergirl's crew with the others will be nice. I still want to see Winn, Cisco, and Felicity together and hopefully a joke about similarities with superheroes and tech savy people. Hell, throw Zuri in there just because.
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #57
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Alitain wrote: View Post

I'm glad to see Alex with the group, more inclusion of Supergirl's crew with the others will be nice. I still want to see Winn, Cisco, and Felicity together and hopefully a joke about similarities with superheroes and tech savy people. Hell, throw Zuri in there just because.
I noticed you did this in the Legends thread as well, but her name is Zari, not Zuri.
Old November 7th, 2017, 07:11 PM   #58
Alitain
God of Benevolence

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

I noticed you did this in the Legends thread as well, but her name is Zari, not Zuri.
Huh, whoops my bad thanks.
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:00 AM   #59
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Another promo from a couple days ago.
Looks like Snart is going to be getting in on the action once again. From when or what Earth, who knows though one scene shows him with the white eyewear from the comics. Can't wait, should be fun! Also no idea who the guy with the gold half mask is, is that The Ray? And Zari seems to be sporting a black leather with gold costume now, so people's hopes for the white robes is likely shot, heh.
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:34 AM   #60
Jerry
Hates "Let's Play"

Alitain wrote: View Post

Also no idea who the guy with the gold half mask is, is that The Ray?
That is correct. I'm kind of surprised I haven't heard a release date for his animated thing yet.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote