Home Menu

Menu


Closed
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:45 PM #1
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
> Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635
Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635



2020 Super Sentai Hypothesis ?


The more I thought about it the more I think Toei have a card to play in this year. Why ?

2020 is I think for everyone clear that Tokyo will have the 2020 Summer Olympics, the games are planned to be held from 24 July to 9 August 2020 in Tokyo. The city was announced as the host at the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires on 7 September 2013.

So IMO Toei have like I said a card to play here with a Super Sentai centered on sport.


First the Super Sentai will be based on the color of the Olympic Flag,The Olympic flag was created by Pierre de Coubertin in 1914.

The Olympic flag has a white background, with five interlaced rings in the centre: blue, yellow, black, green and red. This design is symbolic; it represents the five continents of the world, united by Olympism, while the six colours are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time.

So Red , Bleu , Yellow , Green , Black , White we can also think that during the course of the show there will be three aditionnal rangers who represent the medal receive for the 3 winner of an event, with Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The mechas would be like the one from Kakuranger humanoid mecha but instead of representing Ninja they can represent athletes from various sports like a running man or a gymnast, I think it's a possibilty.

For the enemies/enemy they can fight monsters or an organisation who want bad health for the citizen and want conquer through decease and others bad stuff.

It is possible that this kind of Super Sentai is likely to happen ? Do you think Toei can deliver this Super Sentai for 2020 ?
Otokusastu Zetto is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:49 PM #2
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483
TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483



I'm sure someone will explain this more thoroughly than I'm about to, but there's one big problem here. If you want to promote or sponsor the Olympics, or in any way profit off of it, you need to pay an awful lot of money. Having a sports-themed, Olympics-coloured Sentai team would likely tread too close to Olympics imagery to be allowed, and even if Bandai and Toei could pay for the rights, they probably wouldn't want to spend the kind of amount we're talking.

I think it's been suggested before that they could just do one or two things - just use the RBGYK colour scheme, or just do sports, or what-have-you. I'm sure they'll try to tie into the Olympics in some way, but we won't be seeing Olympicger or anything like that.
TealMystechRanger is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:50 PM #3
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 28,831
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 28,831



They'd have to be incredibly broad about it and not allude to the Olympics literally at all because the IOC is incredibly law suit happy.
Xenotome is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:53 PM #4
GUY W/ 1000 NAMES's Avatar
> GUY W/ 1000 NAMES
Danny's a Facebook friend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,147
GUY W/ 1000 NAMES
Danny's a Facebook friend
GUY W/ 1000 NAMES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,147



I could see such a themed Sentai happening thing: the Rangers being either descendants or reincarnations of the Olympic pantheon, fighting the vile Kronos who wants to turn back time on earth to before humans showed up or something.
GUY W/ 1000 NAMES is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:54 PM #5
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
> Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635
Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635



The amount of money is that so ridiculous ?
Otokusastu Zetto is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:55 PM #6
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483
TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483



I think it's in the millions, but I may be wrong.

GUY's idea of tying it back to the Greek origins of the Olympics could work beautifully.
TealMystechRanger is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 06:59 PM #7
maslego's Avatar
> maslego
Idea Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,147
maslego
Idea Ranger
maslego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,147



Keep in mind the IOC once sued Wizards of the Coast (the people who make Magic the Gathering) because of a thing called "Legend of the Five Rings" So no I doubt they could out right use the rings and stuff in a Sentai without legal issues
maslego is online now    
Old December 8th, 2016, 07:08 PM #8
taiko554's Avatar
> taiko554
Pseudo-Reformed Lurker...
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,056
taiko554
Pseudo-Reformed Lurker...
taiko554's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,056



Beyond just hawking my own shitty design of an Olympic-themed team from 5+ years ago, it really doesn't make sense to use white as a ranger in that core, since you know, it's not a ring. It would make sense as an extra possibly, but the five rings, RBYGK, are a popular enough core color scheme to use again. Five rings, five core rangers; use white as a dominant accent color. Rather than just using gold on the "sixth's" armor, it would be fun to use gold, silver, and bronze atop the white spandex as armor and accent colors.

AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

I think it's been suggested before that they could just do one or two things - just use the RBGYK colour scheme, or just do sports, or what-have-you. I'm sure they'll try to tie into the Olympics in some way, but we won't be seeing Olympicger or anything like that.
Totally agreed.
AcceLOWorst wrote: View Post

I'm sure someone will explain this more thoroughly than I'm about to, but there's one big problem here. If you want to promote or sponsor the Olympics, or in any way profit off of it, you need to pay an awful lot of money. Having a sports-themed, Olympics-coloured Sentai team would likely tread too close to Olympics imagery to be allowed, and even if Bandai and Toei could pay for the rights, they probably wouldn't want to spend the kind of amount we're talking.
Xenotome wrote: View Post

They'd have to be incredibly broad about it and not allude to the Olympics literally at all because the IOC is incredibly law suit happy.
I'd actually be interested to know at which point the broad strokes would be allowed by the IOC/where the line would be crossed into lawsuit territory. The color scheme RBYGK would be fine, combined with the sports theme would be iffy, but would also incorporating rings be calls for lawsuit? Would it be the international theme that pushes it over the line? Learning about that line would be interesting, if anyone knows.
GUY W/ 1000 NAMES wrote: View Post

I could see such a themed Sentai happening thing: the Rangers being either descendants or reincarnations of the Olympic pantheon, fighting the vile Kronos who wants to turn back time on earth to before humans showed up or something.
I'm a sucker for basically any/all things Greek-god related, so yea, good idea.
taiko554 is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 07:47 PM #9
LazerwolfX's Avatar
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,508
LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer
LazerwolfX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,508



It's obvious you guys, they're gonna do an Akira-style nuke baby sentai
LazerwolfX is online now    
Old December 8th, 2016, 07:57 PM #10
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483
TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst
TealMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,483



taiko554 wrote: View Post

I'd actually be interested to know at which point the broad strokes would be allowed by the IOC/where the line would be crossed into lawsuit territory. The color scheme RBYGK would be fine, combined with the sports theme would be iffy, but would also incorporating rings be calls for lawsuit? Would it be the international theme that pushes it over the line? Learning about that line would be interesting, if anyone knows.
I recall someone explaining it in more detail in... the Movie thread, I believe. Hell, I think Otokusatsu may have been the one to broach the topic there, haha. I think they, at the very least, brought up the cost for being an official Olympics sponsor. I'm not sure if they know all the specific ins and outs, though; let's wait and see if they (or anyone else who knows the details) respond to this thread
TealMystechRanger is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM #11
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
> Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635
Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635



taiko554 wrote: View Post

Beyond just hawking my own shitty design of an Olympic-themed team from 5+ years ago, it really doesn't make sense to use white as a ranger in that core, since you know, it's not a ring. It would make sense as an extra possibly, but the five rings, RBYGK, are a popular enough core color scheme to use again. Five rings, five core rangers; use white as a dominant accent color. Rather than just using gold on the "sixth's" armor, it would be fun to use gold, silver, and bronze atop the white spandex as armor and accent colors.
But in my idea and conception I take all the color from the flag and each colors have a meaning fellow French Pierre de Coubertin have clearly specify each color of this flag.

So you start with 6 (from the flag) and had 3 who represent the medal.

LazerwolfX wrote: View Post

It's obvious you guys, they're gonna do an Akira-style nuke baby sentai
Lol can you be more specific
Otokusastu Zetto is offline    
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:46 PM #12
yami senshi youkaiou's Avatar
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,207
yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk
yami senshi youkaiou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,207



2020's theme is going to be Creepypastas.

Seriously though I didn't even think of the whole rights/royalties issue.

If it did happen I'll admit I'd like a Greek mythology theme but then I would like a Greek mythology theme anyway.
yami senshi youkaiou is online now    
Old December 9th, 2016, 01:35 AM #13
Jus1995's Avatar
> Jus1995
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,004
Jus1995
Power Ranger
Jus1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,004



I'd love to see a Norse mythology themed Sentai. For one, you have the Gods themselves. Aside from the heavy hitters like Thor, Loki and Odin, there are also figures like Baldur, Fenrir and Hel. There's also potential there for all sorts of monsters; ice giants, trolls, dwarves, serpents, elves, that sort of thing. Plus, you could make the morphers Rings like in Denjiman, tying things in with the Nibelungenlied for bonus nerd points.
Jus1995 is offline    
Old December 9th, 2016, 03:49 AM #14
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,393
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,393



The olympics shouldn't be acknowledged at all, it's a disgusting waste of money that primarily serves to make the IOC richer, the host countries don't even benefit from the games most times, they just get,to pay while the IOC makes outrageous demands and acts like royalty.

If anything I'd make the villains sports themed and give them the olympic colors.
Salted Pepper is offline    
Old December 9th, 2016, 03:52 AM #15
Takaishi Takeru's Avatar
> Takaishi Takeru
希望を持って
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 473
Takaishi Takeru
希望を持って
Takaishi Takeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 473



Pepper wrote: View Post

The olympics shouldn't be acknowledged at all, it's a disgusting waste of money that primarily serves to make the IOC richer, the host countries don't even benefit from the games most times, they just get,to pay while the IOC makes outrageous demands and acts like royalty.
That's certainly one conclusion to come to, but the chance of The Powers That Be taking that particular conclusion to heart, for this children's show, is probably pretty close to zero.
Takaishi Takeru is offline    
Old December 9th, 2016, 04:03 AM #16
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,393
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,393



But also think it's unlikely they'll try to do a sports theme just because of the games, they're not such a big deal especially for kids. Could it really sustain a toyline for an entire year? Interest in the games usually starts about two weeks before they start and after the closing ceremony the public forgets about them.

They usually try to go with something that's popular with the little ones and an event adults freak out over might not be it.
Salted Pepper is offline    
Old December 9th, 2016, 04:03 AM #17
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,097
OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,097



They cant do an Olympic themed sentai show for legal reasons, they could do a greek or norse based or other such sentai, but for powerrangers adaptaion they would have small problem seeing loki an thor were in powerrangersoverdrive, if they were to do powerrangers idea called powerrangersavatars, which would take a person who take on one ranger team set of powers an then fuse with one god, like someone with zeo power woiuld join with zeus an become redavatarranger!
OmniMystechRanger is offline    
Old December 9th, 2016, 04:07 AM #18
Jus1995's Avatar
> Jus1995
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,004
Jus1995
Power Ranger
Jus1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,004



OmniverseRanger wrote: View Post

....they could do a greek or norse based or other such sentai, but for powerrangers adaptaion they would have small problem seeing loki an thor were in powerrangersoverdrive....
Loki and Thor are Gods. Gods are known to assume multiple forms. Than again, recasting Loki and Thor in the PR Universe wouldn't be a bad thing. I mean really, would you want the Trickster God of Power Rangers to look like this?
Jus1995 is offline    
Old December 9th, 2016, 04:14 AM #19
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,097
OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,097



Jus1995 wrote: View Post

Loki and Thor are Gods. Gods are known to assume multiple forms. Than again, recasting Loki and Thor in the PR Universe wouldn't be a bad thing. I mean really, would you want the Trickster God of Power Rangers to look like this? http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090107000904
No I would have loki appear younger an same with thor, an zords would be transformed past ranger zords an vehicles, like all zeo!
OmniMystechRanger is offline    
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:28 AM #20
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
> Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635
Otokusastu Zetto
♥ Worship our LupinKudo ♥
Otokusastu Zetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,635



OmniverseRanger wrote: View Post

They cant do an Olympic themed sentai show for legal reasons, they could do a greek or norse based or other such sentai, but for powerrangers adaptaion they would have small problem seeing loki an thor were in powerrangersoverdrive, if they were to do powerrangers idea called powerrangersavatars, which would take a person who take on one ranger team set of powers an then fuse with one god, like someone with zeo power woiuld join with zeus an become redavatarranger!
I don't wish for a mythological Super Sentai but a Sport themed Super Sentai using the Olympic theme
Otokusastu Zetto is offline    
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.