RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old October 31st, 2015, 06:08 PM   #501
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

I did a very fast catch up on all the subbed episodes.

I cannot remember the last time I've enjoyed a Rider series as much as I have these first few episodes.
The 2nd Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 06:54 PM   #502
⚡Ranger of Oz
Mod Battlizer

I'm almost the exact opposite. The only episode i can say I've one hundred percent enjoyed was Robin Hood's debut. The others are... meh...
Ranger of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 07:30 PM   #503
timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigan View Post
- I really love the dynamic going on between Onari and Akari. I think everyone expected a duo like this, the believer and the skeptic, but I didnít anticipate it being so entertaining so quickly. It not only makes you want to see Akari experience something firsthand that turns her into a believer, but it also makes you want to see Onari get some recognition for his immediate belief and willingness to aid Takeru in his journey.
I'd like to see not only something that makes Akari believe (spoiler alert: it happens), but also something where Onari takes his beliefs too far and something doesn't happen that he expects would've. It'd balance things out.

Quote:
- Being a ghost really, really helps when it comes to avoiding things you donít want to do. Maybe I should fight some monsters and die and get partially resurrected by a weird old guy.
You probably shouldn't.

Are... are you feeling all right?

Quote:
- And everything about this mad scientist screamsÖ mad scientist. Come on Toei, youíre better than this sometimes.
Yeah, there are some you just can't Beet who take the Gold.

Quote:
- Itís good to see that people not valuing their lives is such a touchy subject for Takeru. It adds a nice new level to his personality.
Yep. Loss, preciousness - themes that go really well with the series so far.

Quote:
- Yeah, I donít know how Takeru didnít see the problem in using Musashi.
He's no scientist.

Quote:
- Editorís Note: No, Takeru and Akari are not going to become a couple. I donít like shipping but if I have to ship anyone this season, itís Akari and Onari.
Yurusen and Captain Ghost!

Editor's Note: No, I probably wouldn't ship them, but the weird ones are bound to come up eventually.

Quote:
- Iím already kind of sensing some Kouta in Takeru, in that heís so conflicted on his views. One moment he believes in himself, then the reality of his situation hits him and he questions if he can actually pull this thing off, and he has to be brought back out of it. I hope that conflict remains for a while instead of him just suddenly being extremely confident all the time.
Uncertainty is a really prominent theme in series like this. It actually drives conflict well.

Quote:
- So Akari, do you believe in ghosts yet? Or were you being carried off by a vacuum effect?
Actually, there's noticeable growth in her character as she eliminates more and more implausible explanations.

Quote:
- IÖ uhÖ GrampsÖ a horseÖ what?
Exactly.

Quote:
- Well I mean the existence of Robin Hood is highly debatable so is this even fair? Itís almost as silly as a Santa Claus Eyecon! Wait a minuteÖ
They exist in spirit.

Quote:
- Itís cool that Sage is helping Akari discover a method on how to make ghosts visible, but donít you think he could have just told Takeru about that and told him to relay the information to Akari so this could be done sooner?
He needed her to discover it for herself... sort of...

Quote:
- Wait, was it not Sage that put the information on Akariís computer? He doesnít act like he was the one that did it. Could it have possibly been someone or something else?
Maybe it was a ghoooost...

Obvious joke aside, possibly Takeru's daddy?

Quote:
- I canít take anyone seriously when they use that tiny condor telephone.
Hawk soda can droids okay?
timegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 08:39 PM   #504
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

I've just finished episode 3 and I gotta say, this is the opposite of all the other years I've watched Sentai and Kamen Rider.

Usually, I'm uninterested with the Rider series and into the Sentai. (Especially last year.) But at this point, Ghost is so much better than Ninninger.

What I'm trying to say here is, Ghost is awesome.

And one question, How many of the fourteen Eyecons have we seen? Have we seen all of them yet?
GreenMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:29 PM   #505
Ankh Primo
R.I.P: Resides In Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBeastFist View Post
And one question, How many of the fourteen Eyecons have we seen? Have we seen all of them yet?
In the show, or in magazines?

There have been five of fifteen in the series so far, and scans have shown us up to eight of them altogether.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:18 PM   #506
holy_arms
Power Ranger

Here's another question. Do all 15 constitute forms Takeru will have? Or will it be split between him, Spectre and Necrom with each one getting a certain amount. I had this thought when I saw that the Nobunaga eyecon that Spectre took out from Ghost's nose was numbered 12 and thought, is that 12 out of one total set of 15? or is it the 12th one that Spectre has found for himself? The numbering system here needs some thought applied to it.
holy_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:28 PM   #507
⚡Ranger of Oz
Mod Battlizer

It kinda feels like this is going to go similar to OOO, where everyone wants the *insert collectible here* and there's going to be swapping as people gain or lose them.
Ranger of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:34 PM   #508
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arms View Post
Do all 15 constitute forms Takeru will have? Or will it be split between him, Spectre and Necrom with each one getting a certain amount.
That would be the latter.
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:36 PM   #509
Xenotome
♥Startled Taiki♥

I don't think there is only 15, but to make the wish it requires 15. And who's to say that 99 days doesn't creep up sooner than we expect and we still have a third of the way to go. I think there's a lot of variables going to 15 Eyecons & 99 Days.
Xenotome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:38 PM   #510
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

I haven't been reading this thread as much as I should be, so I'm gonna ask...

Who's Necrom? Another rider? Either I haven't heard of them or totally forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo David Frank View Post
In the show, or in magazines?

There have been five of fifteen in the series so far, and scans have shown us up to eight of them altogether.
Thanks. I didn't think we had seen them all yet.
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:44 PM   #511
Ankh Primo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
I don't think there is only 15, but to make the wish it requires 15.
There was a rumor from the start that there would be more than 15. And the very idea that we already know all 15 automatically means there are more coming.

Also, they don't have to be numbered. None of the initial henshin Eyecons are numbered, nor the Tokon Boost Eyecon.

Quote:
Who's Necrom? Another rider?
Yep, a green one silhouetted in the same toy guide that revealed Ghost's power-up.
Old November 1st, 2015, 06:30 AM   #512
holy_arms
Power Ranger

Ghost's eyecon says G
and presumably Spectre's says S or something
but the musashi, edison, robin hood, and newton have all had the numbers 1 through 4
and the Nobunaga eyecon is numbered 12

The initial henshin eyecons I don't think count towards the 15 needed for the wish, since those are supposed to be the eyecons of heroic souls from history or legend or whatever. The initial henshin ones are just the riders personal eyecons, and they aren't exactly legendary yet.
holy_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 07:21 AM   #513
TealMystechRanger
Terror adhaerens

Quote:
In addition to Primo's answer, we've seen the remaining six Great Men Eyecons via the second quarter catalogue, but not them or Benkei as show props yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arms View Post
Here's another question. Do all 15 constitute forms Takeru will have? Or will it be split between him, Spectre and Necrom with each one getting a certain amount. I had this thought when I saw that the Nobunaga eyecon that Spectre took out from Ghost's nose was numbered 12 and thought, is that 12 out of one total set of 15? or is it the 12th one that Spectre has found for himself? The numbering system here needs some thought applied to it.
1-7 are Ghost's, 8-10 seem to be specifically for his Toucon Boost form, 11-13 are Specter's, and 14 and 15 are Necrom's. But as the scans showed, they can swap around - Specter uses Edison without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
I don't think there is only 15, but to make the wish it requires 15. And who's to say that 99 days doesn't creep up sooner than we expect and we still have a third of the way to go. I think there's a lot of variables going to 15 Eyecons & 99 Days.
Possibly... seems a bit stupid to have the ones we know labelled 1-15 and then throw a load more in. Bandai are playing along too, with 15 Eyecons silhouetted on their app. But we'll definitely get more Eyecons, since we still have two more quarters to go. Still, there probably won't be too many, and they can easily throw in other codes. I'm not holding steadfast to "only these 15 (and some extra)" - hell, Ikkyu already confuses that - but I don't expect tonnes more to show up or for an explicit 16, 17, 18 and so on.

And holy_arms, yeah, you've got it. The reason the initial henshin Eyecons aren't numbered is, presumably, because they're not Great Men. Hence the unanimous black casing, too. But Santa Claus has an 'X' and I think Ikkyu's has a question mark, so it's still possible that any further Great Men Eyecons will have other symbols. Lemniscate, anyone?
TealMystechRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 05:23 AM   #514
Fireflyger23
Power Ranger

I didn't expect to see the Nobunaga stuff in episode 4 so that was good. And we're getting king tut next week too (i can't spell it properly ), so well smiley said to alan he'd take care of it, do you think he meant he'd introduce Spectre? or maybe that would be too obvious. Sennin dressing up every episode is great

I did have a thought when i rewatched episode 1 the other day... (Because i saw the upcoming episode titles) Ep 8 mentions a second monolith SO...) Takeru's dad died in the same place as where Smiley summoned the two ganma in ep 1 AND the same stone structure was in shot so yeah. I might be wrong though...
Fireflyger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:59 AM   #515
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Just like Ninninger, Ghost is also getting a 3DS game. It's called "Kamen Rider Ghost: Game de Kaigan!!" and will release this Winter. As with the Nin game, it'll be a Nintendo eShop download only title for 1000 yen.

Official site: http://ghost-game.bn-ent.net/

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; November 2nd, 2015 at 12:05 PM.
Morgan Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 12:42 PM   #516
⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Blue Sky

At least Kamen Rider has Battride War, but I suppose it's better to get a cheap tie-in sidescroller than no game at all.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:27 PM   #517
Xenotome
♥Startled Taiki♥

Promotion for the Televi-Kun DVD
Xenotome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 12:49 AM   #518
GreenMystechRanger
Rumble Tusk Greenie

So, I guess everyone was wrong.

When you die you turn into a stylish jacket.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:28 AM   #519
Kaigan

Episode 04 - Amazing! The Castle in the Sky!

- If they keep adding his Damashii forms to the opening, imagine what itís going to look like by the end of the series.

- We really need to stop with these recap parts. I think we can all remember three episodes back.

- Okay but for real, Sage is totally evil right? Or is he going to be someone akin to Sagara?

- Dude, Onari got a completely special phone made just for the paranormal calls? Thatís both awesome and slightly disturbing.

- Sengoku Corporation? RYOMAíS BACK!?

- ďDefy me again, and you will be terminated!Ē SoÖ every job ever?

- ďObjects donít just float for no reasonÖĒ Goddamnit Akari IT WAS A GHOST.

- Probably the best Ganma design of the season, and itís still pretty silly.

- Okay Iím going to catch so much flack for this, but I havenít seen Alice in Wonderland in foreverÖ is there something in there about a character splitting in two in order to make this Ganmaís ability actually make sense?

- I did not notice the bird on the real oneís head at first and for that I feel stupid.

- I donít know, we just had a naginata back in Gaim. Do we need another one already?

- So Kamen Rider Tron was watching him?

- AlsoÖ why did it become night for like a minute? Was Takeru just wandering around for an entire day looking for the Eyecon?

- Obvious Ghost symbol is obvious.

- Well, TakeruÖ Youíre a ghost. Why are you sneaking around?

- Hmm, why was Takeruís father visiting Hashida just to see the Nobunaga letter? Possibly hinting at his father trying to collect the Eyecons himself when Takeru was a child?

- Kuroda really needs to get this sweating thing looked at. Itís probably unhealthy that heís sweating this much and this often. At the rate heís getting stressed and freaked out, dude is going to keel over from a heart attack.

- So basically, Takeru can now find out anything he wants to ever, because heís a ghost and he can float to places and turn invisible and nothing is really holding him back anymore. He should be abusing this power more.

- Okay, how the hell did Onari not recognize that map as an eye? That was pretty much as clear as clear can be.

- Way to just completely reuse clips from the OOO movie, Toei. I love when you guys get lazy and cheap.

- Was there really any doubt that a Ganma was involved in this somehow?

- Okay, yeah, the hugging thing needs to stop. I get that itís Takeru bonding with the other personís soul, but it makes everything way too easy. He just hugs them and then theyíre instantly rehabilitated and everything is solved. Itís too convenient.

- Well obviously Nobunaga had a good side. Japan wouldnít worship him if he was a complete asshole.

- It was cool to see Takeru transform immediately to one of his other forms, and my favorite so far!

- While I like Takeruís idea of just destroying all of the Book Ganma instead of trying to find the real one, how the hell did he make copies of himself? Since when can Robin Hood do that, and why?

- I donít like Yurusen. Heís way too concerned about the Eyecons.

- Itís nice to see Alan finally getting directly involved butÖ what did he just do?

- Okay, I havenít seen the end of Drive yet. But Iím willing to bet that the little crossover of his and already having the Newton Eyecon kind of doesnít fit at all with anything?

- I like NewtonÖ except for those stupid looking hands. Those are justÖ dumb.

- Also, this is totally just the ending to Age of Ultron.

- Itís okay Takeru. Even I forgot for a second that youíre a ghost and can just phase through the ground. We are both not smart.

- Ah, so Alan sent out Eyecons to possess people at the last moment? Letís just hope thatís not something thatís totally forgotten after this episode. Iím guessing itís to get more forces out there so Ghost canít possibly destroy them all, increasing their chances of finding Eyecons. ButÖ why didnít they just do that in the first place then?

- KAMEN RIDER TRON!

- Wow, even just his voice sounds totally badass.

- Iím actually pretty confused about pretty much everything going on right now. I understand what the Ganma are doing and I understand that Specter has something to do with them but Iím having a hard time figuring out how it all ties together nicely so I really hope that gets explained soon.

- Okay so Sage not only knew that Eyecons could possess people but he also knows about other Kamen Riders and didnít tell Takeru either pieces of information? No, heís totally evil. They missed a grand opportunity in Drive but not having Krim be evil from the start so they should really do it here.

- Next time on Kamen Rider Ghost: ALL OF THE NEW FORMS.
Kaigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 02:11 PM   #520
Ankh Primo

Quote:
- I donít know, we just had a naginata back in Gaim. Do we need another one already?
We need one every year. What do you have against a variety of weapons?

Quote:
- So basically, Takeru can now find out anything he wants to ever, because heís a ghost and he can float to places and turn invisible and nothing is really holding him back anymore. He should be abusing this power more.
"I'll just be at the girls' bath house..."
::Akari grabs him by the ear::

Quote:
- While I like Takeruís idea of just destroying all of the Book Ganma instead of trying to find the real one, how the hell did he make copies of himself? Since when can Robin Hood do that, and why?
LOL explaining a random ability

Quote:
- Okay, I havenít seen the end of Drive yet. But Iím willing to bet that the little crossover of his and already having the Newton Eyecon kind of doesnít fit at all with anything?
Actually, there's nothing to say it doesn't fit, right down to us not knowing exactly when Shinnosuke's last case occurred. It just obviously took place after the first episode and before this episode.

Quote:
They missed a grand opportunity in Drive but not having Krim be evil from the start so they should really do it here.
But Krim not being evil was the whole point, he defied what could have made him into everything Banno became.

Tags
boo-dhism, eye-yi-yi, ghost rider, he ded, not nicholas cage